Chapter Thirty

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has become a wonderful sunset at the end of the day. Jessica looked out the car window and watched the beautiful streets. It is a cloudless sky and has beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow. She felt grateful that she could go on a date with Yoona, even if it's for the first and last time. A month after quitting school, Jessica just rested and didn't go anywhere. She just lied in her bed and sadness engulfed her.

Today, Jessica felt really fresh and she couldn't stop smiling. She is ready for her last date and she promises herself that she won't cry and feel sad once she leaves. Jessica glanced at Kim Jongin, her personal driver, and she scoffed in annoyance. Her father insisted that she take him with her, even though Jessica wanted to go alone, but she knew that wouldn't be possible. She still had to either go with Donghae or her driver.

Their car rode in Namsan Park and they arrived in the parking area. Jessica stepped out and welcomed the hot sun. "Miss, here's your coat," Jongin said and hurriedly handed her the jacket that was leaning against her seat. "Also, here's your skullcap and gloves," he said. While wearing the coat, Jessica glanced at the skullcap and the gloves. It wasn't that cold for her so Jessica decided to wear the skullcap and she refused to wear the gloves.

"Thank you," she said. Jongin nodded and locked the car while standing next to her. "Come on, let's go," he said as he grinned, showing rows of white teeth. Jessica blinked when she realized that something was wrong. "Umm... sir," Jessica called out to the man beside her. "I'll go alone so you can wait here," she said. "Sorry miss I have to go with you. It's not that I want to, it's that your father told me to and I don't dare to disobey his orders," Jongin said.

Jessica took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, she had to persuade Jongin. "Please, how would you feel if someone accompanied you to go with your girlfriend? Wouldn't you feel upset?" Jessica asked. Jongin paused with a thoughtful look. "Umm... not really," he said and Jessica patted his head. "Please let me do this on my own, it's not even that far," she begged.

Jongin looked at Jessica doubtfully, but he nodded. "Okay, but are you sure that you won't go far?" he asked and Jessica nodded. Furthermore, after Jessica persuaded Jongin to not accompany her, she began to move towards the plaza of the Seoul Tower. She had to walk uphill alone and it was a little hard for her, but she didn't mind. To be honest, she really wanted to spend their date on the beach.

Unfortunately, she couldn't go because of the weather, so after searching things up on the internet she chose to go to Namsan Tower. Namsan Tower was one of the most famous tourist attractions in Seoul, it seemed like a great place where they could enjoy the sunset. While she was looking around the tower area, her steps stopped when she recognized a shadow near the mascot that greets them.

Jessica's heart started pounding, Yoona actually came and kept her promise. Yoona sighed when she noticed Jessica. She looked at her for a long time and finally approached the girl. For Yoona, Jessica looked extraordinarily beautiful. Jessica always dressed in a feminine and sweet way. However the prettiest thing that Yoona liked the most was the cheerful smile etched onto her face.

"How have you been?" Jessica asked Yoona who was still wearing her school uniform. Yoona immediately nodded and approached Jessica. "I just arrived," she said. "I thought you wouldn't come," said Jessica. "Did Taeyeon really give you my message?" Jessica asked her. Yoona smiled and nodded slightly. When it was break time, Taeyeon suddenly approached her and invited her to the roof of the school.

Apparently, Jessica sent her a message through Taeyeon about their date. Yoona felt like she was going to go insane while waiting for the news and wondered when Jessica and Taeyeon exchanged numbers, they aren't even that close. Even if Yoona asked Taeyeon, she knew that she wouldn't get any answers from the girl.

However, Yoona didn't care because the important thing was that she was here with Jessica. "How are you?" Yoona asked her. "I'm good," she replied and Yoona had to refrain herself from kissing her. Yoona smiled and started looking around for Jessica's pet, she bet that he was hiding behind a trash can, however she couldn't see them at all. She wondered where Donghae was.

As if she knew what Yoona was thinking, Jessica immediately spoke. "Today, there are only the two of us for our date," she said. "Really?" Yoona asked, she felt extremely happy. She cleared to divert her feeling of joy. "Where should we go?" Yoona asked her. Jessica thought for a while, she just wanted to enjoy the sunset with Yoona, but she heard the padlock and pledges were great too, so she also wanted to see that.

"How about we go to the observatory deck?" Yoona offered, because Taeyeon has told her about how amazing it is. "Observatory desk?" Jessica asked, she was interested. "Yes, you can see the whole view of Seoul," Yoona said enthusiastically. "That means up high," Jessica said with a plain face. "Yes it's above. Come on, let's go," she said.

Yoona immediately pulled Jessica's arm and they walked over to the observatory deck. Fortunately, today wasn't a holiday so it wasn't crowded. They both entered the elevator and there were also some other couples who happened to be visiting. They have to go up 236.3 meters in the elevator, it only takes a couple of sections.

The two girls were enjoying the videos playing the elevator so they don't feel bored, and Jessica was talking about the constellations that Yoona told her about. After the elevator door opened, the two girls immediately rushed out of the elevator and were greeted with the beautiful view. They were now at the top of the tower and their jaws dropped with how great it was.

"Wow, this is the view of Seoul?" Jessica asked in front of the class that said the words Vancouver, Canada. The tower had a height of over eight thousand meters and Yoona realized that there were the names of capitals of countries every window. She thought it was amazing. "Isn't it beautiful?" Yoona asked while ignoring the view of the window. Jessica nodded enthusiastically and soon her smile faded.

"What's wrong?" Yoona asked the girl. "We should have come here earlier. Now the sunset is gone," said Jessica. "Don't worry, let's go somewhere else," Yoona said to Jessica. "Where else?" Jessica said in a sullen tone. "Let's go to the love deck instead," Yoona suggested and gently pulled Jessica's cheeks. Her hands were wanting to pull Jessica's cheeks even though they weren't as squishy as Irene's cheeks.

For a while, Yoona and Jessica forgot about all of their problems that had befallen them and the awkwardness that they imagined in the beginning. It was like they were returning to the days when they were still dating. "Sica, do you want to use the binoculars?" Yoona asked while looking at one of the binoculars near the window.

Jessica immediately nodded and the two girls hurried over to the binoculars while they still could. Jessica never stopped smiling. "Wow," she said while enjoying the view of Seoul. "Can you find our school?" Yoona asked. Jessica looked back at Yoona and frowned. "I can't, everything looks like an ant," she complained and Yoona just laughed.

Yoona also walked to look at the binoculars. Now she was staring at the city through the binoculars and Jessica took the opportunity to take pictures of Yoona with her smartphone. Yoona didn't like her picture taken, even on their first date she was the one who insisted on taking pictures of her. A satisfied smile appeared on Jessica's lips when she looked at the shots.

Yoona finished using the binoculars and looked at Jessica who was smiling to herself. "What's so funny?" Yoona asked her. "Nothing," Jessica said as she slipped the phone back into her pocket. "Well why were you smiling?" asked Yoona. "Do you want to know?" Jessica asked her and Yoona immediately nodded like a puppy.

With a smile on her face, Jessica drew closer to Yoona's face. Yoona was busy staring in Jessica's eyes and became stunned. When Jessica's face was an inch away from her's, she instinctively closed her eyes expecting a kiss. Instead of kissing her lips, Jessica whispered something to the girl. "Cause you're here," she whispered and walked to a board containing information about the tower, while laughing.

Yoona just snorted in annoyance, she became embarrassed with her reaction in a public place. With a slightly lowered face, Yoona followed Jessica. After enjoying the  panoramic view at the observatory, Yoona and Jessica decided to go to the Pledge of Love. It is a pl

Please log in to read the full chapter