Mystery

Playboy Meets Troll

"Seriously, you don't remember anything today?" Myungsoo asked, dejected. You were riding on a bus, on the way to your home. And still, you couldn't figure out what with March 1.

"Other than his birthday, there is..." You bit your lip, "but I can't remember. Like, it's already rolling in my tongue but I can't say."

"Aish!" Myungsoo almost took off his hat, that served as his disguise. "Does fake ring a  bell?"

"Why do you keep giving me clues? I'm so clueless..." You furrowed your eyebrows, trying to figure it out. "Fake...fake... fake... you? You're fake... ah!!!"

"You've got it?" He almost jumped out of his seat

You nodded. "Tsk... you're such a loser." You leaned forward and closer to him, whispering, "Do you know how many boys are confessing to me everyday? And asking me to date them?" Rolling your eyes, you pulled back. "But you here, being my fake boyfriend effortlessly. I know it's fake, but it's almost the same."

It took Myungsoo some good seconds to snap out of his daze. He blinked a few times and realized he made a fool of himself. "I have fangirls... excuse me. And they are way more than your admirers."

"Have you tried pushing them away?" You raised your eyebrow, "But they'll come back to you, on their knees, for you? No, right. Because they are fangirls. They can only watch you from afar.They can only admire you from.. afar. They are afraid of you."

"Isn't that just the same as admirers?" Myungsoo asked. The bus halted to a stop. You and him, hopped off the bus walking through your neighborhood.

"I don't know."You shrugged. "I was trying to speak wisely, but I wasn't using my brain. I don't know what I'm saying."

You left him stading them, confounded. He scratched the back of his head, thinking 'What? I even thought she was speaking seriously... aish'

"Sit there!" You commanded, ing your hand to the other sofa before dragging yourself to the near one. "This... is my bed. That, is a couch."

"I thought, she was going to say this... is my bed, that... is your bed." He mumbled pulling out the folded contract from his pocket, "So, according to the contract, we shall set rules."

Your eyes widened, not because of the rules but "YAH! You have no sense of respect. Why did you fold the contract?"

"Huh? Wae?"

"It's not good to fold contracts. You're forfeiting it. Okay, contract forfeited. We're over!" You smirked, thinking he'd buy it. 

"Yah shut up! I know what you're up to. Sorry kiddo, but there's nothing wrong with folding contracts. Let's start with the rules."

"Let's start with them rules." You mumbled, mimicking his voice. "I'll go first. I'm actualy not asking you for anything. You can flirt with other girls, go to different clubs, live your normal life. Whatever, I don't give a damn. Live like you have no girlfriend, fake girlfriend. But, when I call you, you must answer. And come here, when I ask you. Don't worry I'll just ask you to come here, when unnie's not around."

"Okay... that sounds cool." He nodded. 'Very cool. I almost thought I wouldn't have my normal life back.'

"Other than that, there's nothing more. Just that.... and ah! Bring me food, when you come here. Make sure there are no eggs!" You smiled, taking a pen from your pocket, and some scratch paper. You wrote down your rules and passed it to him. "I hate eggs. So better follow, or I'll kill you."

"Okay." He reached out for the paper and read your rules. "I actually don't have any rules in mind. But when something pops in my head, I'll be sure to inform you."

You nodded, turning the television on with the remote control. "I hope you don't regret your decision."

He turned to the television and asked, "Do you watch dramas?"

You shook your head. "Only when unnie's watching..." You brought your legs to the couch and flipped through the channels. You tossed the remote to Myungsoo. "Boring shows. Choose according to your liking. Make sure it's not boring."

You stood up, approaching the fridge. While Myungsoo, tried his best to look for an entertaining show. You pulled out a banana milk and a box of donuts. You don't remembver having a box of donuts inside your fridge, so maybe unnie left it for you. Besides, if it doesn't want to be eaten, why would it show up in your fridge?

You went back on the couch and started digging on the box of donuts. "Yah, tell me about your ex's. I heard some of them are idols."

"Yeah... but they're all boring. They are no different from each other." Myungsoo shook his head, giving up on the television. "Why do you want to know?"

"Just curious..." You shrugged. "Because two of my friends are part of them. But I don't actually find them boring."

"Two? You mean not only Suzy?" Myungsoo looked at you. 'Aish... this girl really.'

"Krystal. She was your ex too, right?" You chuckled. "When you broke up with her, you should have seen her face. She was miserable. You can ruin lives."

"You make me sound so bad." He pouted, "It's just fun to toy with them."

You squinted your eyes at him. 'How am I supposed to do my job with this hag.' You shoved him the box of donuts, that only had one left inside. You gave it to him before gulping down your drink. "You're lucky karma doesn't get you."

"You too... because you're just as bad." He snarled.

"Nah. Karma's lucky, he doesn't get me. Because when he does, he'll regret it." You run a hand through your hair and walked inside your room to change into this:

When you came out of your room, Myungsoo gave you a strange look. "Do you have any schedule today? Because if yes, you can go. I'm going somewhere"

"Ani... I'll come with you." He hastily stood up. "Where are you going?"

"Ah I'm going to visit ahjumma. Kaja, Mr. Bang's waiting." You opened the door, gesturing him out. You locked it and walked with him side by side to the lift. "If you have a schedule, and you miss it. Don't blame me, arasso?"

"Miss ______!" A man in his late twenties waved his arm aimlessly to your direction. You pushed Myungsoo out of the lift and trailed behind.

"Mr. Bang," You flashed him a smile. "This is... Woohyun's co-member. Bring us to Park Ahjumma's restaurant."

"That ahjumma again?" His eyes widened. "You can just let Master Woohyun's friend drive. I'm not going there."

"Yah! Eeeesh, don't worry. You'll just bring us there. You can go home if you wish. Coward." You spat. "Besides, I doubt this dimwit, drives."

"Get in." Mr. Bang gestured the two of you to get inside the car."______, if ahjumma strangles me again, I swear, I'll resign."

"Fine." You crossed your arms. "You won't see unnie ever again. Aish... I never knew your love story will turn out this bad."

Myungsoo nudged you. "Who is he?"

"Mr. Bang." You winked, your hand forming a gun aiming it at him. "He's my driver. But I don't call him such. He's like... a good friend."

"You're close with your driver?" Myungsoo asked in disbelief. 'This kid has a driver? She lives in this luxurious condominium. What is she? A rich kid?' The car pulled over swiftly.

"Wae? You think people should be harsh and distant to their drivers? Or they're nannies? Or to those who are under them?" You breathed out, shaking your head. "Those things only exist in dramas. Well, mybe in real life. But I'm not."

 


 

"AHJUMMA!" You sprang out of the car and ran inside the small restaurant.

It was a small, rusty, old restaurant. It looked like, no one ever ate inside. Myungsoo entered the restaurant and looked around. It looked worse than the exterior. Wall covers were tearing off, parts of the ceiling are broken, the lights were blinking, it looked old. He saw you hugging an ahjumma that seemed to be in her late forties.

'What is this? I thought she never liked hugs?'

"Ahjumma, I'm sorry for not visiting you." You apologized, wiping your forehead. You looked around, feeling sympathetic. "How have you been, ahjumma? Things must be rough on you."

"_______, I'm doing okay. The restaurant barely receives customers, but it's alright." She spoke in a weak tone. She turned her head and looked at Myungsoo. "You replaced Bang? Is he your new driver?"

You waved your hands in front of her. "Aniyo, ahjumma. He's... Woohyun's co-member. Infinite."

"Ahhh... Infinite." She exhaled deeply, "How is Woohyun doing lately? I miss that kiddo"

"Ahjumma~" You whined, pouting your lips. "I'm here, but you're asking about him? Why does Woohyun have to be everyone's favorite. Poor me and Boohyun."

Myungsoo scoffed. 'Bi-polar... one look she's be childish and naive, then in a blink of an eye, she's a devil.'

"What? Of course, you're my favorite. You're the only jewel of the house." The ahjumma said, making you smile wickedly. "Boohyun, he's married now, right?"

You shook your head. "Ahjumma, he's busy. He's the successor, how can he find time for his lovelife?"

"Aigoo... do you want to eat something?" She asked, standing up. You nodded. She immediately went to the kitchen, not asking what you'd like. Of course, she knew what you want. You'd always ask her to cook it for you.

"Ahjumma... she was my nanny back in the days when I lived abroad." You trailed off, smiling to yourself. "She was like my mother. She understood me. Unlike my parents. They only understood Woohyun and sometimes, Boohyun. But not me. Of course, who'd want a girl for a successor?"

"You mean... you're r-rich?"

"You still haven't figured out, haven't you? One day, appa will call Woohyun. He'll leave you guys and help Boohyun running the business." You turned to him. "He wants to be a singer. It's his dream. But, you know. It is mandatory. Besides, he's their favorite."

"Is that why, you hate Woohyun hyung?"

"Because he's everyone's favorite? Do you think I'm that shallow?" You scoffed. "Yeah, right."

"______! Your meal is here!" The ahjumma cheered, holding a tray of two bowls of Ramyun. It smelled fresh and strong. She settled it down on the table. "Boy, sit down. Eat with her."

"Neh, ahjumma" Myungsoo bowed and sat beside you. 'This girl... what's with her? I can't understand her personality. She's more than a challenge. She is a mystery'

You dug on your bowl of noodles, like it was your last day. It was very delicious, unlike those sold in most of the shops. They were nothing compared to this. "Waaah, ahjumma even though ramyun is my favorite, this is the best one!" You gave her two thumbs up. "If I had 100000000 thumbs, I'll raise them all to rate your ramyun! This so delicious"

"Ahh... this kiddo" She stifled a laugh and ruffled your hair. She turned to Myungsoo and asked, "What's your name?"

"L," He introduced himself, flashing a small smile at the ahjumma.

"You... take care of _______." She meekly smiled, "You must be someone special, for her to bring you here."

 


@K87Lee: Lol let's go! :)))

@DreamzxcPwnedd: Oh you! =))) 

@YoonTaeRi: My friends are too... that's why I knew it was his birthday. They'll bury me alive lol

@-l0veoxygen: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM! :D

@misspinkinpink: Must be WooGyu ;) 

@an0nymous: LOL! Err... I don't know. =)))

@pandagirl753: Thanks! ^^