Can't Eat Pride

Playboy Meets Troll

Myungsoo tossed and turn on his sleeping bag. The sun was about to shine, and he barely had sleep. He kept thinking about what happened last night. How the moon perfectly lighted your face, you were glowing that night. He felt like, an angel was sleeping, in his arms. An angel who, once eyes are opened, transforms into a devil. A devil he shouldn't bargain with.

"Now even my mind... betrays me" He mumbled, crossing his arms under his head. 

"Wae?" A female voice emanating from behind said. Myungsoo sat up, arms supporting his weight, to see who the culprit was. You. "How does your mind betray you?"

"You're awake?" He shuddered. 'God, is this karma?'  "No hang-over? Your head doesn't hurt or something? You want to pu--"

You stopped him, placing your hand near his mouth. "Shut your close-to-big mouth up. I'm alright, my head hurts a bit. But I'm alright." You said in a calm tone. "Now tell me, why does your mind betray you?"

"Ah, it's nothing." He waved his right hand, gesturing he's fine. You tilted your head and saw dark circles surrounding his eyes. 

"You look like a panda." Like a fangirl fancying your crush, you giggled. "You stayed up all night, didn't you?"

He looked down.

"Poor you. We've got something to do today. Since you're awake, you're going to help me with this." You paused, sitting down near his sleeping bag. You leaned closer to him, cupping your hands near his ear. You whispered, "Sungjong's nails are pretty. Let's paint them"

"Bwo?" He pulled back in shock. Whispering, "Are you crazy? He's a guy. Not a girl."

"Kill joy" Biting your lip, you rolled your eyes at him. You stood up, running a hand through your hair, saying, "That's why Suzy hates you. You're good for nothing."

For a second there, his whole system betrayed him. It's like time slowed down when you were running a hand through your hair. But reality snapped back when you uttered those words. It stung him, not because of Suzy, but because he hated someone insulting him. Giving up, he raised his hand and stood up.

"Fine, Princess Troll." 

"Prince. Not princess." You remarked, making a few gagging and puking noises. "Now, let's get to business."

You turned the knob of your unnie's room. You entered and rummaged through the cabinet, looking for the manicure/pedicure kit. You immediately went out, the kit in your hands, you laid it on the floor near Sungjong's sleeping bag. Myungsoo sat beside you as you handed him two bottle of nail polish.

"Wait, is Sungjong a light sleeper?" You asked, tilting your head waiting for an answer. "Because if he is, we can do this to the heavy sleeper"

"Only Sunggyu hyung is a light sleeper" He whispered. He moved a bit closer to Sungjong's right hand, opening the coral colored nail polish, he started painting the nails. "Should I do this like an expert or....?"

"Uh... duh?" You wiggled your head. "Make it look real"

You opened the bottle and started painting Sungjong's left hand nails. You did a freaky job. The polish went beyond his nails and some parts of his fingers were painted. And the different directions were visible, they looked crappy. Whilst, Myungsoo's creation was a work of art. The polish was neatly painted. And no trace of polish was on Sungjong's fingers.

When the both of you were done, you checked each other's work. Myungsoo tried hard not to laugh at your creation. 'How ironic. She told me to make it look real. Like an expert. But look at her's. It's far from being real and expert.' 

"Aish... your creation is ugly!" You ranted, but the truth was you were jealous and insecure. "Ugh... you're such a loser. Mine's perfect, right? You should really learn from me."

"Look who's talking." Myungsoo barked. "So what do we do when he wakes up?"

"Act normal" You said in a matter-of-factly tone, crossing your arms. "Wait 'til he finds out. See his reaction. Laugh. Easy?"

Myungsoo nodded.

"Oh," You tapped your nose. "If Woohyun scolded you last night, I'm sorry but I'm not sorry."

 


 

One by one, they all woke up. You were at the dining table, eating breakfast. Myungsoo was flipping on the television channels. The both of you were acting normal, and no one noticed Sungjong's nails. Not until, he woke up. He rubbed his eyes and buried his face in his hands, making his nails visible to those who were looking at him.

"Whoa! Jongie~ Your nails are painted!" Dongwoo hollered pointing to Sungjong's nails. Everyone took a look of it and started laughing. Sungjong looked at his nails and realised they were painted. His face was darn red.

"Omo. My nails weren't like this when I slept!" Sungjong cried, sniffing and burying his face in his hands in embarassment. 

"You sure?" Hoya snickered. "It's okay, Jongie. We understand that..."

"Yah!" Sungjong whined and threw Hoya his pillow. He continued crying, all of you were laughing except for Woohyun, who seemed to know who the culprit was.

"Who did this?" He asked, raising his voice. He looked at you and crossed his arms.

"What?" You raised your eyebrow. "It's not me"

"I know. It's not only you." Woohyun scoffed. "______, L. We have to talk. Follow me."

You heaved a sigh and slapped your hands to your face. Woohyun knew you too well, he wouldn't fall for your lying skills. Groaning, you stood up and stomped your way to his room. Myungsoo followed you behind, his head down.

"Wait, hyung. It's okay." Sungjong stood up, trying to stop Woohyun. "It's nothing. I'm sure ______ just wante---"

He was cut off, when Woohyun slammed the door shut. He sighed, feeling a little guilty. He should've laughed it off instead of crying. If he didn't maybe Woohyun wouldn't scold you and Myungsoo. On the other side of the room, Woohyun had his arms crossed while looking at the two of you. You were looking around his room, feeling a bit nervous, but looking very casual. Myungsoo still had his head down, biting his lip in nervousness. It seemed like, if you touch him, he'll shake and collapse.

"Why did you do that?" He asked.

"Because we're bored?" You answered him with a question. 

"So if you're bored, you can do just anything? You don't care about the people you affect, huh?" Woohyun titled his head, glaring at you. "And you, L, you could've stopped her."

"Yah Woohyun. Be thankful, it wasn't your nails but Sungjong's. You act as if I've done something wrong to you. Well in fact there's nothing." You shook your head. "Da--"

"______," Myungsoo breathed out, stopping you from saying something else that could hurt Woohyun. You looked at him and facepalmed yourself. He looked up and faced Woohyun. "We're sorry hyung."

"I'm not sorry." You mumbled, crossing your arms.

Woohyun breathed out. You were too stubborn, he wanted to keep his cool but he couldn't with you around. "I called you in not because of Sungjong. But last night. You two, were in the club. I thought you were going to visit a friend?"

"H-how did--" You stuttered and glared at Myungsoo. "You told him? Aish... I knew it. Sissy."

"He didn't tell me. But I could smell... the alcohol." Woohyun smirked. "You were drunk, right? ______, you're a minor. You're prohibited to those places. And again, L, you could've stopped her. But what? You tolerated her wrong doing!"

"Hyung, we're really sorry." Myungsoo apologized. He looked at you, gesturing for you to apologize as well. 

"I'm... not sorry. Woohyun, can you stop acting like you're my father?" You chuckled. "This conversation is going nowhere."

"______, just say sorry" Myungsoo held your wrist. 'This girl can't eat her pride.'

"What will my apology do? What will apologies do? Huh?" You wiped an imaginary sweat on your forehead. You pulled your wrist out of Myungsoo's grasp and walked out of the room. "Ugh. Why did I have a brother?"

"Aish... I really don't know what to do with that girl!" Woohyun groaned, scratching his head hardly and falling on the bed.

"Just leave her be... she wasn't born to please people. She was born to be _____." Myungsoo smirked, remembering what you told him when you met yesterday. 'I was born to be me. Not to please people.'

 


 

"_____ -ah, you okay?" Sungjong asked, rubbing your back. "I'm sorry, I should have laughed it off."

"Ani..." You gave him a smile. "It's my fault. You don't hve to be sorry. But take note, I'm not going to apologize."

Sungjong giggled at your remark. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders and directed you to the dining table. He pushed you to sit on the chair and sat beside you. The other members, aside from Myungsoo and Woohyun, were eating breakfast. 

"______, do you want to go anywhere today?" Sunggyu asked, his small eyes forming crescents.

"I should be the one asking that." You giggled. "I don't have anywhere in particular. But as long as it's not here or the jail home, I'm good."

"Waah!" Sungyeol clapped his hands. "Then we can go to Lotte World, today?"

"Lotte World?" Your eyes widened in surprise and excitement. You've never been to Lotte World. Nor any theme parks. Your parents didn't approve of it, and you had no one to go with. But you heard that these parks are very fun and exciting, making your stomach jumping up and down. "I've never been there, yah! KAJA!"

"It's a Saturday. I'm afraid Lotte World will be... you know. Full." Dongwoo screeched. 

"Ahh jinja?" Your mood dropped down. "Are there any other places we could go? Aside from Lotte World?"

"Everland. Everland!" Sungjong clapped his hnds in delight. "Only a few people go there. Especially in this season."

"Right. Because it's rainy. And people can't enjoy outdoors." Hoya agreed. "But wouldn't that mean we wouldn't have fun too? Because it's raining?"

"Well, it's okay for me if it's raining." Myungsoo said, coming out from Woohyun's room. "As long as it's okay for _____."

"Yah! I'm hydrokinetic! I love the rain. Especially on school days!" You beamed. 'Because classes are suspended.'

 


A/N: Sorry for not updating fast :/ 

@an0nymous: hmmm yeah XD Yah yah yah don't think dirty. This is not a rated fic, okay? 

@YoonTaeRi: I don't know. As far as I know, I took an ulzzang's picture? -____- or not. WAHAHAHA THE GIRL IS YOU!

@PollyPop: will do (:

@pandagirl753: yeah... i haven't been drunk too :/

@K87Lee: hahah you think so?

@gosonyuhshidae: lol XDXD

@infinitely-yours: I think this chapter answered your question :D