Chapter 54:Project Xiuchen pt 1

I’ll make you fall for me~

Third person POV

The boys were anxiously waiting for Chen's apparently ingenious way of confessing to the love of his life,they were imagining a really large set up in front of an audience with blue LED lights that illuminated the scene that would probably occur in a couples park as sensual music played in the background,Chen would hold Xiumin's hands in his and maintain eye contact with his beloved and confess his true feelings,to which Xiumin would tear up slightly and hug Chen tightly as he nods profusely and accepts.Then the boys would jump out of the corner carrying a large "Xiuchen" banner waving it around as if their lives depended on it while congratulating them.At least this was what Baekhyun thought,though sometimes the thoughts of a fanfic reader isn't exactly the most logical,nor will it be the most reliable,hence the boys didn't listen to his quiet mumbling and just had their eyes on Chen.

"So,I plan on confessing to him at a dumpling place." Chen admitted,looking pretty smugly but the others were definitely not impressed by his answer,especially due to the fact that he had been deep in thought all this while yet this was all he could come up with? "That's it?!"Chanyeol exclaimed."Uh yeah,what else were you expecting?"Chen said accusingly towards the others,he didn't understand why they were acting so weirdly."Shouldn't it be more extravagant?To add to the whole 'wow' factor of the confession?"Suho questioned to no one in particular."If it's going to be this simple why bother calling us out to plan this with you?Just do what Kai did,in the end D.O Hyung still accepted this idiot."Sehun remarked while drinking his bubble tea."Yah!I'm going to be renting a Michelin star dumpling restaurant just for this and have a special request for blue decorations to be placed elegantly around the both of us!If that doesn't speak extravagant I don't know what does!"Chen huffed absolutely blown away by the stupidity of his friends,accept for a few of them of course.(by a few of them he means anyone that is still somewhat mentally sound)"Nothing wrong with that,I just thought you'd do it at like the school courtyard,or at least somewhere public to kind of tell the world Xiumin is yours and no one can take him away?"Tao thought aloud."That sounds like you read that from a fanfiction...."Lay muttered."I don't have to make my relationship with Xiumin super public and there are some things that are for Xiumin's ears only so yeah,now if you guys would actually help me to set up the big day which I plan on doing this Sunday night  !"Chen explained and the boys just nodded in agreement,not wishing to argue with the lovesick friend of theirs.

                ~Time skip to Sunday 6.00 p.m.~

The crew were just making the final arrangements for the big day and it was a mess.They had arrived at 1.00 p.m. that day to help Chen and the staff working at the restaurant that day to organise the tables,they had moved all the other tables into storage rooms and wherever else that wouldn't be visible to guests.Then they drew the navy blue velvet curtains that added on to the romantic vibe of the room they were going to dine in.The curtains surrounded the one single table left in the middle of the dinning hall in a circular way. The fancy blue decorations that littered the whole diner were placed by Baek,Lulu,Tao and Lay that were totally not bought from the dollar store due to such short notice stood out due to their multiple different shades.D.O was helping out the chefs in the kitchen to set up the necessary equipment for the dishes.The rest we're doing some hard labour by setting tables, learning how to create napkin doves and try not to make a ruckus.30 minutes before Xiumin arrived, Baekhyun left his group to tend to Chen in putting together a formal outfit for the occasion and doing his hair and makeup.Just a couple minutes before Xiumin arrive,Chen took his seat at the table as Lay,who was the waiter for the day was trying to remember his role and stay awake in the dim candlelit lighting.The rest shoved themselves into the employee room while D.O was still hanging around in the kitchen.They were pressing themselves against the walls to hear the drama outside while waiting for their food since they deserve it too.
 

About 5 minutes later,Xiumin arrived at the restaurant. A waiter lead him to the table where Chen was seated. All Xiumin knew was he had to arrive at the address sent to him before 6.30 in the evening and wear a nice formal outfit to seal the deal.He was in awe at the entire restaurant,he had actually been there a couple times before but he had never seen it set up like that before.His dark blue suit matched with the theme of the set up.When he saw how dressed up Chen was he almost lost it.Chen's hair was combed to the side and he was dressed in a black velvet suit from what seemed to be from Amani Exchange and he looked up and locked eyes with Xiumin,whose heart was beating out of his chest at that point."You've arrived,Minseok." Chen welcomed him with his warm smile as he stood up and pulled the seat out for him.Xiumin could feel his cheeks warm as he took a seat."Th-thank you Jongdae,"Xiumin muttered as Chen calls the waiter to bring the menu.Xiumin was admiring the whole romantic atmosphere he was in and he couldn't help but feel blessed to be in such a place,especially with his crush."Minnie?What would you like to order,they have a wide selection of dumplings and dim sum to order from,just tell the waiter what you'd like and we can go for dessert later as well,"Chen spoke softly, smiling at Xiumin.Xiumin's heart was palpitating at such an absurd pace,there's absolutely no way Chen couldn't hear it.After placing his order,the waiter who looked suspiciously like a tired lamb that he knew sent his order to the kitchen and left Chen and Xiumin alone.

Back to the boys who were already having their dinner with little to no manners at all,D.O who had been busy in the kitchen finally had time to join them,along with Lay who had finished serving them for now and joined the boys.Lay was filling in the boys ok what was going on outside,Baekhyun and Tao seemed the most interested while the others just cared about eating."I wonder when he'd start confessing already!"Baekhyun wondered aloud,just as Lay was getting comfortable in his seat,one of the staff members called for Lay and D.O.Signifying that they were needed.Lay groaned internally,Chen really owed them for this one...

Author's Note:

Last update in 2020! Hey guys,2020 has been a whirlwind and we're all glad it's ending,but let's be real here,we won't know whether 2021 will truly be a better year.It may be even worse for all we know,so all we should hope for is a calm year without too much unnecessary drama.Anyway,my final words are, 2020.Let's not bring all our emotional baggage from this year to the next,so yeah,see you guys preferably next week!