007

Next To You

 

 

Rowoon crossed his leg over the other as his father browsed through the documents before him. The elder’s secretary remained quiet on his seat, waiting for his boss’s words.

Rowoon checked the time again, worried that he’d be late for practice.

“Rowoon-ah, relax.”

He looked at his father and sighed.

“Abeoji, can’t this wait? We still have next week, and, Dawon hyung is the one~”

“I get that you’re not really bothered over this because we’ve known the Lees for generations, son. But it’s always important to check the details many times.”

“I know that, but I still have to get back to school.” He said softly, the secretary smiled and looked at the father and son.

“What do you think?” President Kim put the folder down, Rowoon picked it up and began reading through the files.

“The permits are okay, but the main office have expressed their concerns regarding the construction site, sir. They are worried that it might affect traffic flow as there is a gated subdivision nearby.” The secretary informed them, Rowoon scrunched his nose.

“I’ll bring this up at the next meeting with LeeSan.” He said, his father smiled at him.

“Good thinking, son. Now, you may go.”

Rowoon rolled his eyes and packed up his things, he was about to stand when his father spoke again.

“Remember, there are so many eyes on you and the board is just waiting for you to make a mistake. You’re almost done with school, and I have announced that you’d take over. And these old men are not exactly excited over the sudden change.”

Rowoon grimaced and shook his head.

“Sure, no pressure, abeoji. I don’t feel pressured at all. Thanks.”

The two men chuckled as he left the room.

“He’ll do well, president. The young master is a smart one.”

“I know, but sometimes I think my son is too boring for his age.”

 

 

 

Junhee was stretching her arms when she saw a familiar figure walking across the halls. She tilted her head, trying to place the girl’s face.

And then she stopped.

“Padded bra.” She murmured as she tried to jog after her.

“Excuse me,” Junhee spoke, the girl turned her head and her eyes focused on her.

“Yes?”

“We met that other day, at the bazaar, right?” Junhee said, the girl stopped and then recognition flashed through her eyes.

“Ah, those petty mini skirt girlies were being crappy to you. Yes.” She said in dry tone, Junhee grew amused.

“You have night classes?” Junhee asked her, there was just something about this new face that made her curious. She was pretty, dressed well and, she feels like she’s seen those eyes before.

“No, I left a few things in school and had to go get them. You?”

“I had to finish a write-up for one of my classes, you seem a little lost, are you looking for something?” Junhee had noticed that the girl had kept on glancing around them.

“I heard this school has a swim team. I was…wondering if we had a pool.” She murmured, Junhee nodded at her.

“We do, I’ll walk you there. I parked my car nearby the indoor pool.”

“Well, if it’s not too much. You seem busy too.”

“It’s okay, it’s already in the way. It’s only right I return the favor.” Junhee chuckled as she gestured for the girl to follow her.

 

 

 

“How is she adjusting so far?” Inseong asked over wine, Dawon shook his head.

“She’s not loving it, but I think she’ll do well.” The brother replied, Jaeyoon grew amused.

“She hasn’t really been groomed like others, I’m worried for her.”

“You should worry about yourself, not Dani. What are you going to do with Junhee?” Youngbin told him.

“Hyung, I have no qualms about telling my parents. That has never been an issue in our household, but Junhee…Junhee doesn’t think that way. She thinks its too dangerous.”

“That’s what you get for dating the daughter of the country’s president.” Jaeyoon said jokingly, Dawon sighed and looked away.

“But, do you know what’s more dangerous, Dawon-ah?” Inseong spoke, Dawon turned to him. Youngbin leaned back on his seat, he spotted Junhee entering through the restaurant’s glass doors.

“What?”

“Dahye finding out that you’ve been keeping this from her. That should scare you more.”

“I know that.” Dawon muttered back just as Junhee reached them.

“Hi, guys.” She greeted them, Dawon looked up and pulled the chair for her.

“Traffic was that bad, huh?”

“A bit, well, I had to show this new student around campus for a bit.”

“Someone got lost around the campus? That’s not a new thing.” Inseong mused as Dawon called for a menu.

“Yeah, she’s really pretty too, I was worried that someone might mess with her since it’s dark out.”

 

 

 

Dahye was grumbling to herself as she made her way back to her car, she was already home when she realized that she had left her laptop at the lecture hall earlier.

At least now I know where the swimming pool is.

Thanks to that helpful lady from earlier.

Maybe I should take night classes.

No Rowoon.

Ha ha ha

Why am I such a loser?

Now, I’m apparently running away from a boy because he makes me nervous.

Ha ha ha, I need a distraction.

The girl had to drive back to the traffic just to get her laptop back. She reached her car and was about to open it when she heard footsteps behind her.

“Noona,” It was Chani, already dressed in his soccer uniform.

Great, it’s Rowoon’s friend.

Wait, I’ve known this brat since we were kids. 

He's also my friend. No, he became my friend first!

Must not label him as that.

“Oh, you have practice tonight, right.”

“Why are you here? You don’t have night classes.” Chani glanced around them, the girl shook his head.

“I left my laptop at one of my classes, anyway, I’ll get~”

Chani grabbed her arm and started pulling her with him.

“Let’s get dinner together. If you leave now, you’ll just get stuck in traffic.” He reasoned, the girl looked at him.

“You still have practice.” She told him as she slung her purse over her shoulder.

“I know, you haven’t seen me play in a while, right? Watch me.” Chani said with a grin, Dani sighed and looped arms with him, giving into the younger male was not uncommon ocurrence.

“Fine, but I have a lot of chapters I need to catch up with, so, don’t expect that I’d be paying attention.” She murmured as they reached the open field.

“Always a nerd, noona.”

“Shut up.” She murmured as she let go of him, Chani watched as she made her way up to the almost empty bleachers and comfortably settled down.

Dani pulled her hair up in a loose ponytail as she opened the textbook, her forehead creased as she went through the chapters.

“This…I had this last~” She flinched when the girls from the other side of the bleachers began screaming, she sighed and decided to face the field.

“I might as well just fail this semester and watch these jocks play. Wee!” She grumbled to herself and then Dani paused.

tumblr_pzbtmzgc8n1xe2ihho3_400.gif

And then there’s this guy.

She sighed to herself and leaned back on the bleachers, she stared at Rowoon again.

Of all the sports Chani likes to play, it has to be freaking soccer!

It’s not even fair that this guy looks like this.

Like that!

“No, I must learn how to get along with everyone. I must learn how to not be so….jumpy around him.”

“It’s just the face. Just the face. I’ll get over that face in a week, chops.” She continued, forgetting to filter her words again. The girl stood up, deciding to get herself something to drink, and then it grew quiet.

Dahye looked up, realizing that the soccer team had stopped moving, they were all simply looking at her. She blinked and looked right back at them, she puffed her cheeks and went down the bleachers quietly.

“That’s her? The girl that’s always with Chani? Nice!”

“She’s really pretty. Her legs!”

“We should ask for her number, she probably likes varsity guys that's why she's here!”

The soccer guys started to elbow each other, Chani grimaced in response.

“Noona~”

“Dahye-ah,” Rowoon suddenly moved and jogged towards the girl, Chani paused. Dahye had tensed up at Rowoon’s calling to her. Their coach whistled for them just as the tall male reached his friend.

Rowoon was now facing Dahye, and she was slowly taking small steps away from him as he spoke. Chani tilted his head and his lips curled up.

“I know you were worried about the last lesson for management, I can email my notes to you.” Rowoon was telling her as she moved back from him like he was the plague.

“S—Sure, that—that would be great.” She said as she quickly jogged away from the male without saying anything, Rowoon scratched the back of his head as he watched the girl disappear into the field.

“The stuttering. She never stutters.” Chani murmured, and then he laughed to himself.

“This is going to be interesting.” The younger male murmured as he ran towards the rest of the team.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++