020

Next To You

 

 

“This better be super important for you to ambush me at the parking lot.” Dahye spoke as he walked with the male, Eunwoo glanced at her and nodded.

“You wont like it.”

“I’m starting to think that every time you seek me out, it’s probably bad news. No offense.”

Eunwoo sighed before nodding back.

“Oh, it is bad news.” Dahye murmured as they crossed the campus grounds.

“I…I was with my parents earlier, and then they started talking about you.” Eunwoo begun as they reached and empty bench.

“Are they trying to set us up to dinner again? Maybe they’ll let us decide which restaurant.” She said dryly, Eunwoo let out a small laugh.

“I wouldn’t actually mind that, but Dahye-ah,”

“Dani.” She corrected him, Eunwoo nodded.

“Dani, there’s something…they said something strange and I feel like you should know.” He said as he leaned forward to meet her gaze. The two didn’t notice how some students had taken pictures and video clips of them.

“Something strange?” She repeated.

“Something that our parents already discussed about us, and that…things…were already decided.” Eunwoo trailed off, Dahye could see how he was frowning as he spoke to her.

Her forehead creased and she pulled away from him.

“Decided..?”

“I wanted you to know before things get out of hand.”

“That’s…That’s nice of you, thanks.” She pressed her lips together before standing up, Eunwoo did the same.

“I—I..have to go, I’ll see you around.” Dahye blurted out, Eunwoo reached for her arm.

“Dani-ah, we can talk to our parents. Surely, they’ll~”

“This is the reason why I can’t stand being here.” She stated before pulling her arm back, Eunwoo could only watch as the girl rushed towards the building.

The team captain sighed and sat down again.

 

 

 

Rowoon glanced up as he felt someone walk behind him, Dahye took the seat beside his and he turned to her.

She let out a small shaky breath as she set her bag down.

His brows went up, something was wrong. His eyes went to her face and he noticed how her brows were knitted together.

“Dahye-ah,” He said softly, the girl faced him.

“Is everything alright?” He asked as he gently pulled her chair towards him, then he paused, suddenly conscious of his actions. But the girl didn’t react.

“Just…work stuff. You know.” She shrugged at him.

“Can we get lunch after this? Or are you needed at the field right away?” Dahye asked, Rowoon shook his head at her.

“Let’s get something to eat.” He said to the girl, Dahye nodded back without a word. Rowoon leaned back on his seat and chewed on the insides of his cheek. He could sense her discomfort; something was clearly bothering her.

Class went on, Dahye remained still on her seat while occasionally taking notes during the lecture. And Rowoon, he just continued to worry about the girl.

Had he been too demanding earlier?

Asking her to watch the game, it was probably too much. She’s a busy person.

The class ended, Dahye stood up and grabbed her backpack, Rowoon nudged her.

“I know, cafeteria it is.” She said with a scrunch of her nose as she let the male take her bag.

“You seem…bothered.” Rowoon murmured as they stepped out of the classroom, the girl sighed and shook her head.

“I’m starting to weigh in the possibilities of…finishing school here or just,” She paused and clutched to his arm as they walked.

“Disappearing?” Rowoon finished for her, liking the fact that the girl was holding onto him.

“Yup.” She chirped, Rowoon grinned and shook his head.

“We don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to, ice princess.” He said, the girl smiled and nodded.

“Well, now, can we go back to what happened this morning? You never told me you were the Hyundai son.” She said, not even changing her terms.

“Hyundai son? Is that who I am now?”

“It sounds better than Denim Jacket.” She offered with a smile as she leaned the side of her head against his arm, Rowoon smiled to himself.

“Well, I didn’t know you were the one working on that project, and to be honest, I really wasn’t paying attention to what my father has been saying.” He murmured as they walked, Dahye rolled her eyes.

“Typical Rowoon. You only hear what you want to hear.” She said jokingly before looking up to meet his gaze.

“What now?”

“I hope that all those things I said didn’t pressure you into…going to that meeting. I kind of feel like..I did say some things that are..”

“Dahye, no. I went to that on my own.” Rowoon stated, she paused, and she beamed at him.

“Good, it’s fun working with another young person, no offense to your directors.”

“Our ice princess is quite chatty today, you really are stressed out.” Rowoon replied, the girl shut and glared at him.

“About earlier, I was a bit out of line when I asked you to watch the game.”

“What are you talking about?” Dahye said with a chuckle, her eyes went to the cafeteria as it came to view.

“I don’t want to make you feel that you have to watch the game, I sounded too demanding and~”

“Rowoon-ah, it really is okay. I don’t mind. But, can we please get lunch now? You’re about to meet another version me, and she’s not as nice.” She explained as she tried to pull him with her. Which looked a little funny considering their height difference.

Rowoon couldn’t help but smile and he let the girl pull him.

“I feel like I’ve met that other side already.” He said teasingly.

“Oh, she doesn’t want to meet you.” She snapped back, Rowoon chuckled as he kept pace with her.

 

 

 

“Dani,” Zuho said as the girl sat down beside him, Taeyang leaned over and waved at her.

“Did I miss anything?”

“No, they’re about to start. Here,” Zuho placed his jacket over her bare lap, the girl was wearing a skirt.

“We had to get lunch earlier, how was class?” She asked, Zuho made a show of tying a rope around his neck. She chuckled and shook her head.

“Hwiyoung’s playing today too.” Taeyang started, the girl’s eyes went to the field and she saw the younger male.

“It’s starting.” Zuho announced, the girl puffed her cheeks and looked on, and then she felt someone sit beside her.

“Dani-ah,” Junhee was smiling as she looked at her, Dahye paused and she smiled back.

“I rarely get to see you around campus, it’s good you’re here. Your brother’s here too.” She spoke as Dawon reached them, the male paused when he saw his sister.

“It’s been a busy week, Junhee-ah. We should catch up sometime.” Dahye continued, Zuho glanced at them.

“Hyung!” Taeyang greeted Dawon, the latter winked at him. Dahye exhaled and leaned back on her seat, she focused on the game and pursed her lips.

Cha Eunwoo’s words kept replaying on her head, and her overthinking self did not enjoy any of it. She was being reminded why she didn’t like being back home, her mother was at it again, trying to make her conform to everything.

“We don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to, ice princess.”

“Hyundai son? Is that who I am now?”

Rowoon’s voice echoed in her head, and her lips curled up.

“He’s always so calm and steady. How does he do that?” She murmured as she looked up.

tumblr_pzbtmzgc8n1xe2ihho4_400.gif

Dahye exhaled and puffed her cheeks.

I have to start not seeing him this way.

He’s a good friend. I can’t lose like this.

Rowoon’s a friend, he’s harmless, not a land mine.

“After this, how about we all go out to eat?” Junhee stated, Zuho and Taeyang nodded along.

“We should, Dahye join us too.” Dawon spoke, Dani’s eyes went to him briefly and the older male actually looked away.

“I~” She paused when something caught her eye, the girl took her phone and stood up.

“I need to use the restroom.” She stated before stepping down from the bleachers, the girl was a steps away from the crowd when she turned back. There were three black SUVs parked just behind her brother’s Maserati, and then, this was the thing that irked her. There were at least a dozen of men in black suits walking around the bleachers, some of them were speaking through their earpieces.

Dahye slowly shook her head to herself before making her way to restroom.

 

 

 

Rowoon grinned as Chani went in for a hug. Loud cheers were being heard from all around the field as students celebrated their victory.

“Now, we’re off to finals!” Hwiyoung bellowed with a huge grin on his face, Rowoon’s eyes went to the bleachers, he saw Junhee and Dawon chatting with Zuho.

His brows went up as he noticed Dahye’s discarded backpack, he walked away from his team and started to look around the field. Rowoon jogged towards the bleachers and saw a lone figure standing by a tree, she was chatting on the phone while dangling her leg over the pond. Rowoon paused, his palm going to his chest.

The older male didn’t notice how Chani was standing right behind him, watching his every move with interest.

And then a familiar face began to approach the girl, Rowoon blinked in realization as he realized it was one his teammates and he had a bouquet of flowers with him.

Dahye finally turned away from her phone to look at the male, Rowoon saw how her forehead crumpled before shaking her head at the soccer player. And then, she discreetly padded away from the male, Rowoon shook his head to himself.

Rowoon was about to turn away when Dani caught his gaze, and then it happened.

He felt his whole being freeze, and he wasn’t sure if he was worried that she knew he was staring or that, the girl made him nervous.

Dahye raised her brows at him questioningly.

“How was it?” She mouthed, pulling her phone away from her ear.

“It went well. We won.” Rowoon mouthed back, trying to muster up a small smile.

Chani started to back away into the shadows with the biggest grin on his face.

“Congratulations!” She replied as she tucked her phone in skirt pocket, Dahye started to walk towards him and Rowoon took a step back.

The girl’s eyes were on him as she walked.

“I—I might be in trouble, Dahye-ah.” Rowoon whispered before she could reach him.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++