041

Next To You

 

 

 

“That was some next level , Dani.” Hyoseop said as the girl stepped out of the room, she looked at him and shook her head.

“Word spread pretty quick around here, all the senior doctors rushed up to Rowoon’s room the moment they heard he’s admitted here.”

“Is he going to be okay?” She asked as they walked towards the elevator, Hyoseop nodded in reply and the girl hooked arms with him.

“The other guy might need surgery for his leg.” Hyoseop said, the girl’s forehead creased but she didn’t react.

“Dani, he was stalking you.”

The girl exhaled, the elevator doors pinged opened and the two friends stepped in.

“Noona!” Chani let out a sigh as they joined him inside, Dahye turned to him.

“Thank you for pulling me out of the car earlier.” She said, Chani sighed before giving the girl a quick hug.

“We were all terrified, hyung couldn’t be stopped.” He said as the doors closed before them, Dahye nodded back at hm.

“Noona, there’s something you need to know,” Chani said, Hyoseop glanced at him with raised brows.

“What?”

“About Cha Eunwoo,”

The girl turned her head to him just as the elevator doors opened, it was then when the girl spotted the policemen walking around the halls.

“What~”

“Dahye-ah!” Dawon’s face appeared through the crowd and he jogged towards them, the men in uniform all turned to her.

“Oppa, what is going~”

Dawon pulled the girl with him and they headed for Rowoon’s private suite, Dahye spotted the two detectives inside, they were speaking with Rowoon.

“What is going on? I thought~”

“Young miss? Miss Lee Dahye?”

Dahye faced the detective, Rowoon was looking at her while sitting on the bed.

“Yes?”

“Were you aware of the arrangement between Cha Eunwoo and his friend, Cheong Jungho?”

Chani turned his head to Dawon, Hyoseop noticed the pile of photos and bunch or memory cards on the table.

“What arrangement?” She repeated as she slowly occupied the space beside Rowoon, the male gently took her hand in his.

“He was paying Cheon Jungho to follow you around, young miss.”

 

 

 

“Oh, oh, oh!” Jaeyoon murmured as he played the video again, Youngbin shook his head at the male.

“The comments section of that video is going to explode soon.” Inseong said as he arrived with coffee.

“Hyung was…seeing red earlier, you should have witnessed it.” Hwiyoung commented as he took his drink.

“He was trying to kidnap her. I don’t understand, what will he get out of it? I don’t think Dahye sees him that way.” Youngbin said as Chani joined him, Zuho looked at the older male.

“Maybe he got the wrong idea? Noona and him got along well, they were friends.” Hwiyoung continued, Taeyang hummed in agreement.

“She even had lunch with him a couple of times.”

“Still, that doesn’t mean he can do that to her. Force her to an engagement and, push her into a car with him.” Youngbin stated.

“Noona, isn’t like that.” Chani spoke, he leaned back on the chair and smiled to himself.

“She may come off as rude or aloof when you first meet her, but once she gets comfortable, it’s a different story, you know that,” Chani nudged Zuho, the older male nodded back.

“That’s right.” Taeyang readily agreed.

“But, once she starts avoiding you, that’s another story.” Chani finished with a small smile.

“Avoiding?”

“You didn’t notice? She’s always avoided one person.” Chani mused, Jaeyoon waved him off, not wanting to stray away from the topic.

“That’s must be why Cha Eunwoo misunderstood her, because she was being friendly to him. Little did he know that she probably saw him as work, as someone she had to get along with for business ties.”

“Plus, his sick obsession over competing against Rowoon.” Zuho murmured, Jaeyoon shook his head at them.

“Rowoon lost it today.” Youngbin carefully said.

“Why do you think so?” Inseong said with a knowing grin, Hwiyoung chuckled.

“Because it’s Dahye.”

“He’s always been protective of her, it’s just never noticeable. Like that one time the guys were talking about her at the shower room.” Hwiyoung chimed in.

“He called out one of our seniors. And the other time at the cafeteria too when people were staring at her legs, hyung stood right behind her to block their view.”

“And now it makes sense. I’ve never seen him that angry.” Youngbin said while looking at his coffee.

“Junhee was right, he was always looking at her.” Jaeyoon murmured.

“Dahye’s safety was on the line. He was willing to risk it all.” Taeyang trailed off, they saw the detectives leave the private suite and they were speaking with the police officers. But, a group of men in dark suits appeared and stood by the doors, on guard.

Chani’s brows rose briefly and he grew amused.

“He called the helicopter earlier. Rowoon..is finally using who he is to his advantage.” Inseong stated.

“He just basically announced who he is, so the Chas better not to do anything funny.” Chani saw Dahye appear by the doors, Hyoseop was beside her. The two were talking, the male gave her a wave before leaving.

“Because if they do, it’s not just Leesan who’s gonna come for then. Hyundai too.”

 

 

 

“You know why he did that, right?”

Dahye saw Hyoseop walking towards her, she leaned against the wall and glanced at the door across her. The police were asking Rowoon and the other guys some follow up questions still.

“I checked your results, nothing’s wrong. But you might experience some soreness on your back.”

“Thanks.”

Hyoseop smiled and stood beside her, he nudged his friend.

“I know.” She murmured, Hyoseop chuckled heartily.

“You laugh like that at a time like this? I was almost taken away from you. Me, your only friend.” She pointed out, the male rolled his eyes.

“As if your crush would ever let that happen.”

Hey!” She hissed at him.

Of course, you would never admit to that. But, look at how things turned out?

“Don’t say it.”

“Your crush happens to be crazy over you.”

“Ahn Hyoseop, you~”

The doors suddenly opened, Hwiyoung and Chani were the first ones to step out. Zuho walked up to the girl with a frown on his face.

“Are you okay, Dani? He..didnt do anything to you? Did he hurt you?” He asked frantically, Hyoseop chuckled before speaking.

“Cha Eunwoo can try, but your ice princess would bite his arm off.” He said jokingly before leaving them.

“I’m fine, what did the cops say?” She asked him, Taeyang groaned and playfully hooked arms with her.

“The Chas are apologetic, but Eunwoo wants to sue.” Taeyang snorted, Chani met eyes with the girl.

“Rowoon hyung is outraged by that. I guess it’s best if you to talk to him.” Chani commented, the girl nodded back and Taeyang let go of her.

“Thank you, you guys. I heard you left the game too.” She commented before mussing Hwiyoung’s hair.

“It would be wrong if we continued playing, noona. Besides, it was the country’s most expensive car chase. We didn’t want to miss the fun.” Hwiyoung said jokingly, Chani elbowed him.

“You…You’ve always been trouble.” Dahye muttered before walking away from them.

“Let’s hope she talks him out of his anger.” Zuho nodded to his friends.

“Cha Eunwoo won’t be able to recover from this if she doesn’t.”

 

 

 

Rowoon watched as the girl spoke with her brother.

“See? If it weren’t for my car, Rowoon would have never seen~”

“Of course, that eyesore is hard to miss, oppa. Bright yellow, the tackiness would have set alarms everywhere.”

The male grew amused and he sat up, Dahye’s eyes travelled to him and Dawon paused.

“Abeoji wants me to call him. You stay here, no going out. The media’s gone crazy over what happened.” Dawon stated, Rowoon grinned at the older male as he left.

“Are you okay?” He spoke, the girl faced him and shook her head.

“I should be asking you that.”

“It’s just a scratch, Dahye.” He said as he patted the space beside him, her forehead creased briefly but she sat down.

“So, you..knew?”

“About someone following you, I had a feeling about it.” He said carefully as he opened one palm to her, she puffed her cheeks and put her hand over his.

“I wasn’t expecting that Eunwoo was the one behind it. Remember that one time we went to the library?”

“We always end up at the library.” She murmured as she raised her free hand, she gently pushed his bangs away from his forehead and she saw the bandage over his wound. She frowned and chewed on the insides of her cheek.

“But, we go there for different reasons. You, you just want to play with your Nintendo. I actually get some studying done.” He said lightly, the girl eyed him warily and he chuckled.

“I noticed that someone was following you, but he was always wearing his hood down and I never got to see his face.”

Dahye looked at their fingers laced together, and she nodded.

“I have a feeling I’ll get yelled at for this.” She murmured as she dropped her other hand, Rowoon nudged her.

“Me too. I wrecked your brother’s car.”

“Thanks for that.” She replied, Rowoon shook his head at her. Dahye let out a small smile before facing him.

“Well, this changes things.” Rowoon said softly, her brows went up.

“What do you mean?”

“Am…Am I still Rowoon because I’m comfortable? To you.”

“Y—You’re not making any sense.” She tilted her head at him.

“Dahye-ah, I…I thought I’d always see you as a friend, but~”

“No, no, not now.” A grimace was starting to form on her face as she tried to pull away from him, but Rowoon held onto her.

“Dahye, I kissed you and you don’t want to talk about it?”

“Kind of?” She said while wincing, Rowoon started to laugh.

Always the ice princess.

“Can you at least let me tell you that I like you?” He said in reply, Dahye pursed her lips.

“I guess?” She gave him a slow shrug, still not wanting to talk about it.

“I like you, Lee Dahye. And, thanks for not pushing me away.” Rowoon said earnestly, Dahye chewed on her lower lip before nodding back.

“I wasn’t expecting this. But, okay.” She blurted out, Rowoon was grinning before opening his arms to her.

The girl sighed before going into his arms, he felt Rowoon pull her to his chest.

“For a moment back there, I really thought you would break both his legs, Rowoon-ah.” She murmured as she leaned her chin on his shoulder.

“I wanted to. But I didn’t.” Rowoon replied before kissing the side of her head, Dahye wordlessly smiled to herself and closed her eyes.

“But, you still want to get back at him because he wants to sue.” She commented, she felt Rowoon tense up.

“He’s being unreasonable, Dahye. He~”

“Don’t bite into one of his traps, please. Let the elders take care of this.” She said as she pulled back to meet his gaze.

“Dahye, he wants to drag your name into this too. He’s been nothing but~”

“I know, I know. But, we also have other things to do. As of the moment, we’re just students. The adultier..adults should fix this for us. Plus, how could you assume that I’ve always been comfortable around you?” She said, Rowoon blinked at her.

“What?”

Dahye chuckled softly before patting his cheek.

“Pretty Rowoon.”

“Hey.” Rowoon protested, but he was smiling.

“Let’s get out of here, I’m hungry.” She commented as she slid down from the bed, but Rowoon tugged her back and made the girl face him.

“I like you, my ice princess.” He repeated as he kissed her cheek.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++