012

Next To You

 

Dani was pacing back and forth in front of her laptop as her call was being connected.

Dani, I swear to~

“I made progress, ha!” She said without even saying hi, the male from the other end blinked at her.

Progress?

“I spoke to him like how a normal person would.” She said proudly, Hyoseop rolled his eyes at her.

“I see you spent some time with the crush.”

“He is not!”

“Sure, let’s debate on that later. You said you met your brother’s girlfriend, were you nice to her?” Hyoseop with a huge teasing grin, Dani exhaled before sitting down.

She’s a bit…of something,

“What?” He switched to Korean, Dahye stretched her arms before speaking.

She has bodyguards, like a lot of them. I thought she only had two, but no.

A rich girl for a rich boy.” Hyoseop mused, the girl shook her head at him.

Please visit me here, oppa. I don’t like how things are going for me.

I’m only oppa when you need something, babycakes,

I mean it, this…tall dude really terrifies me.” She murmured, Hyoseop smiled at her.

I really am looking into my schedule, Dani. Don’t worry.

“He asked me for advice earlier, he thinks I have my together.” She whispered; the older male snorted at her words.

You always kinda did have your  together. Well, until him.” He laughed, Dani sighed and leaned back on the chair.

“I think I can be friends with him. It’s doable.”

“He’s doable?” He said with a very suggestive smirk, Dani groaned and shut the laptop close.

“I always make the wrong friends.” She said darkly before going to the shower.

 

 

 

Rowoon focused on the ball as Chani managed to take it from their other teammates, they had a match upcoming and everyone was tensed.

He ran near the goalkeeper, trying to anticipate the ball but something caught his eye, or someone.

There she was, Dahye and her Airpods.
Rowoon tilted his head as he watched the girl, she was mindlessly focusing on her notebook as she walked across the campus grounds.

“Rowoon-ah!”

He turned and managed to get the ball, Rowoon quickly kicked the ball and it went through without a hitch.

“Good, now focus!” The coach hollered, Rowoon turned again, Dani was still reading as she entered the field. His eyes widened, the girl was about to walk in the middle of their practice, and right now everyone was only focused on one thing.

The ball. It didn’t matter who they hit, as long as they got control over the ball that was the only thing that mattered.

“Noona!” Chani reacted, he was about to run towards her but one of his teammates brushed past him and he staggered back.

Dani then stopped walking, as if realizing where she was.

“Get that girl out of there!” Their coach yelled, Rowoon saw one of the players aim for the ball and it was soon sent flying, he paused when he saw the girl right in the center of the field.

Rowoon started to run towards her, he raised his arm to deflect the incoming ball and used his other to wrap one arm around her torso.

Rowoon managed to slap the ball away and pushed Dani back, he felt her grip onto him as he steadied the girl.

“Dahye-ah.” He was panting as the girl took off her earphones, she was staring at him and he let go.

“I—I didn’t know this was..”

“Get her out of there!” The coach hollered again, Rowoon steered her away from the center before talking again.

“I—I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking.” She said in a rush, the male let out a gravelly laugh before speaking.

“Dawon hyung would have our heads if you ever get hurt.” He mused before grabbing the bottle of water from the table behind her.

“You have practice this early?” She asked him, Rowoon glanced over his shoulder before nodding.

“We have a match this weekend. Everyone’s on edge about it.”

“I can see that.” She murmured, she saw Chani and the younger male blew her a kiss, Dani bared her teeth at him.

“You’re here early. What’s up?” Rowoon tried to take quick peek at what she was reading.

“I need to submit this write-up, I have a meeting later.”

“Oh, work stuff.” He said with a shudder, but he was teasing.

“Field trip.” She corrected him, Rowoon paused and his lips quirked up.

“Right.”

“Anyway,” Dani noticed how some female students were staring at them, she took a step back away from him.

“I’ll see you later in class?”

“You will see me in class.” Rowoon nodded back and then he gently reached out to take her Airpods from her.

“What~”

“I’ll keep this just in case you walk into another field again.” He said with a grin.

“What are you talking about? There’s no~”

“What if you walk into a basketball practice without knowing? You always have these on.”

“B—Basketball?” She repeated, Rowoon gently pushed her towards the direction of the school buildings.

“Go, I’ll give these back later.”

“Am…Am I being bullied right now?” She murmured to herself, she heard Rowoon chuckle behind her.

“I would never dare to, ice princess.”

She glanced at him again, Rowoon was already running back towards the field.

“It’s not so bad. We can be friends.” She murmured as she puffed her cheeks again, Dahye reached the buildings and paused at the step. Her cheeks were still flaming due to what had happened earlier.

“Friends. This is a field trip, but land mines are all over the place. Like Rowoon, he’s everywhere.” She muttered darkly as she went up the steps.

“The biggest land mine of them all.”

 

 

 

Junhee followed Zuho’s gaze and she spotted the girl.

“She’s here.” She murmured as she looked at Dani, the girl was making her way towards the queue, it was lunch time for most students but the cafeteria wasn’t packed.

“So, you have classes with her too?”

“Yeah, but Rowoon hyung and her have the same schedules, they’re both nerds.” Taeyang said with a fond smile.

Dani was already in line when Rowoon suddenly appeared and he walked up to her.

“How does he do that? Most guys would hesitate. I would.” Taeyang said jokingly, Rowoon had begun talking to the girl while she nodded along.

“She’s pretty.” Junhee murmured, Zuho chuckled and began eating.

“You were worried that she’d be difficult, huh?” Hwiyoung spoke just as Chani joined them.

“I was, but she it turns out, she’s not that bad. Actually, she’s kind of sweet, in her own way.” Junhee mused, Chani looked up and noticed the two.

They had reached the counter and Dahye was actually speaking to Rowoon while the male nodded back, agreeing to whatever she was saying.

Rowoon took the tray for her and they started to approach their table, but someone had suddenly come up to the girl.

“Oh god, no.” Chani murmured as he looked away. Rowoon glanced over his shoulder just as Cheon Jungho appeared before Dahye.

“I didn’t see you at class today.” He said to her, Dahye blinked back.

“I—I had something to finish.” She murmured as she tried to sidestep him, but the male only moved, blocking her again.

“Professor Shin discussed regarding the project we need to finish for the semester, and he asked us to pair up by ourselves.” Jungho said to her, Dani stared back at him.

“Pair up? I’m sure I can do the project myself. Thanks for telling me.”

“Dahye-ah, you’re a new student, doing that project alone won’t be easy. You have me.” Jungho grinned and reached for her arm.

“No, I’d like to do it alone.” She repeated as she pulled her arm back, but Jungho chuckled and wrapped one arm around her.

“Hey, don’t be like that. Let’s be friends, Dahye-ah.”

“Dahye-ah,” She heard Rowoon’s voice, she was about to turn but someone had pulled the male beside her, causing her to trip slightly.

“C—Captain!” Jungho winced as the other male twisted his arm, Dani looked at him, already annoyed.

Dani was about to speak but she felt someone pulling her back, Rowoon between her and the two males, he let go of her arm.

“Eunwoo-yah.” Rowoon spoke, the other tall male turned to him.

“Sorry, hyung. This idiot can’t seem to keep his hands to himself.” He replied, Dani’s eyes went to him, and he gave her a small nod.

“My teammate loves to bother you, I have to apologize on his behalf. I hope you don’t report him, we have a game soon. However, you can do that after the game.” He said to her, she heard Rowoon sigh.

“Let go of me, captain!” Jungho complained, and Eunwoo pushed him away, Jungho almost slid across the floor. Dahye exhaled and looked at the two.

“He’s going to cause problems .” She heard Rowoon speak, he had glanced at Jungho.

e980b5ceb992bbcd66fe468b4382860b83c28b9a.gif

Dahye turned to them, a little worried. She grew up with boys and she knew something was up when that tone has made its appearance.

“I know, don’t worry, I’ll keep him at bay.”

“I think I’ve met you. You were the one he called sunbae.” Dani blurted out, Rowoon’s eyes went to her, the other male nodded at her.

“Yeah, and you must be the school beauty?” He replied, Dani blinked back at him.

“It’s Cha Eunwoo.” He stretched one palm to her, but the girl simply nodded, not taking his hand.

“Come on,” Rowoon murmured and gestured for her to go to their table, Dahye glanced at Eunwoo again before moving.

 

 

 

“What was that? What did the ert want?” Chani asked as the girl sat down beside her.

“Ugh.” She mumbled under her breath, she looked at Junhee and smiled at her.

“Is he always bothering you?” The girl asked.

“Only at class, but, I can handle it. I just wished he’d…”

“Stop breathing?” Zuho humored, the girl grinned and nodded.

“I could get behind that.” Dahye replied as she looked at her food, Rowoon plopped down beside Hwiyoung.

“He’s always been like that, I don’t like being around him.” Junhee shuddered as she picked up some kimchi.

“Are you okay?” Chani nudged the girl, Rowoon looked up from his tray.

“I don’t like other people touching me.” Dani murmured, Taeyang glanced at her from across the table.

“I know, do you want to take a walk?” Chani asked, the girl took a small spoonful of her soup before shaking her head.

“It’s okay. Let’s eat.”

Chani smiled and briefly leaned his head against her shoulder. Rowoon’s brows went up briefly but he returned to his meal.

“Noona, you had the perfect chance to go for his jugular.” Chani stated, Junhee paused at his words. No, everyone paused at his words.

“Right, I have a pen in my pocket too.”

“Stabby, stab, stab.” Chani said jokingly, and then the two laughed like hyenas. The others did not know what to make of what the two were talking about.

“I thought..it was going to be a sweet and tender moment.” Hwiyoung blinked, Junhee shook her head.

“They’re both devils. I’m scared.” Taeyang nodded, Zuho chuckled and continued eating.

Rowoon’s eyes went to them again, and he smiled.

“But, since he’s an athlete, noona, you should go for the wrists. He plays ball.” Chani explained further.

“Hey, you two!” Hwiyoung said, Dahye chuckled and shook her head.

“Jugular is easier, Kang.”

“Jungho’s not that tall, it is accessible.” Chani agreed as he munched on some vegetables.

“Chani, please.” Taeyang sighed, the two friends grinned at each other.

“They’re making sense, let them be.” Rowoon said in a playful manner.

Junhee shook her head, already kind of immune to their antics.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++