022

Next To You

 

“Captain!”

Eunwoo glanced up, he saw Jungho and Moonbin walking towards him.

“Why are you two together?”

“It’s all over the school home page, did you kick me out so you could go first?” Jungho said with a smirk as he tossed his phone to the male.

Moonbin shook his head and leaned against the railings, Eunwoo studied the screen and he paused when he saw the photos.

“Some people saw you and the soccer team’s girl having a nice little chat yesterday. It looked serious; did she say yes?” Jungho cackled, Eunwoo tossed his phone back.

“We were just talking about usual things; I don’t get why people are making a big deal out of it.” He stated as he leaned against the railings.

“Of course, they’re making a big deal out of it. Lots of female students ask you out every year, and you always reject them.” Moonbin hummed, Jungho bumped fists with him.

“It’s a big deal, because it’s the first time we’ve seen you actually talking to a girl.” Jungho pointed out, he paused, noticing something across them.

“There she is.” Moonbin spoke, Jungho laughed when he saw who was walking with the girl.

“And, of course, she’s always with them.” Jungho mused as he pressed his palms together. Eunwoo’s eyes went to the girl, she was chatting with Taeyang as she walked with them, Rowoon and Chani were right behind her.

And then she paused and glanced over her shoulder, Rowoon leaned down, listening to her words. And then she started laughing, the male shook his head at her and gestured for her to walk faster.

“How do you exactly approach a girl like that, team captain?”

Eunwoo ignored his friend and went inside their lecture hall, he silently took his phone out and typed in a message.

I’ll see you at the party?

He put his phone down on the desk as he took a seat, it took her a few minutes to reply.

It’s not really nice of you to remind me of that. But, see you. -Dani

He smiled to himself and leaned back on the chair.

 

 

 

“Your first meet here? Tomorrow?” Zuho asked, the girl nodded in reply.

“It’s nothing big really, just competing against another division.” Dani shrugged as she arranged her textbooks.

“It’s not nothing, Dani. It’s your first meet.” Taeyang spoke.

“It’s tomorrow?” Rowoon spoke, the girl shrugged at him and watched as the male gently pull her chair towards him. She was already used to it by now.

“Can I watch you swim?” Rowoon said with a smile, they grew silent and all eyes went to him.

“I—I mean, I want to see you compete, not..just watching you swimming. I’m n—not being creepy here or something.” He said quickly, the girl broke into laughs.

“Of course, you can. It’s not like they’re closing off the pool, Hyundai.” She said jokingly, Taeyang grew amused.

“It’s a weekend though, you want to waste your Saturday on me? You’re weird.” She said as she faced front, Rowoon grinned at the girl.

“So, I can go? I can watch?” He asked again, the girl sighed and looked at him.

“Yes, you can, Rowoon. You can watch me swim in your non-creepy way.” She stated, Rowoon paused, he was looking at her side profile and he smiled.

1f6e8ec51a6e40ca7aad20978e0038ba23783f80.gif

“But we still have that press release party later, let’s focus on that first.” Dahye said, Rowoon made a show of rolling his eyes at her and she snorted back.

“Don’t give me that look, we both cannot escape it.”

“But, you know what to do.” Rowoon said as he adjusted her laptop so that it wouldn’t brush against her elbow.

“My parents invited Blind Date over, it won’t be easy.” She said, Rowoon’s brows went up and he took out a can of grape juice from his backpack. He opened it for her and Dahye smiled as she looked at the drink.

“You said he doesn’t bother you.” He said softly, his forehead creasing.

“He doesn’t. But it bothers me.”

“The whole blind date thing?”

“We’re only allowed to say it once in a day.” She said, Rowoon let out a sigh and she chuckled.

“Now’s not the time to talk about it, Rowoon-ah. Class is about to start. Thanks for this.” She scrunched her nose at him before facing the front again. Rowoon let out a small smile before reaching out to pat her hand.

The girl slowly turned her head to him.

“Don’t go for his jugular.” He whispered, Dahye exhaled and shook her head at him.

 

 

 

“Don’t do this.” Dawon stated, but his parents didn’t even glance at him.

“Why are you so against Eunwoo and your sister? I thought you two were friends.”

“We are, but eomma, Dahye…at least let her choose. Don’t do this to her.”

“Your sister is a difficult child, we’re only looking out for her.” Mrs. Lee pointed out.

“Looking out? You’re forcing her to be with someone she doesn’t even know that well!” Dawon shot back, his father sighed at him.

“Dahye is going to take over just like you, and she needs a strong hold so that she~”

“In what world does Dahye need to have a man beside her so that she could lead, abeoji? We all know her; she doesn’t need a man beside her.”

“Easy for you to say, son. You’re the firstborn.” Her mother pointed out, the three Lees were at the top floor, enjoying the privacy before the press party later.

“She doesn’t deserve this, you know that.”

“We have given her freedom; she should be repaying us.” Chairman Lee spoke, Dawon shook his head.

“You will regret this, abeoji. Dahye won’t let this happen. No, I wont let this happen.” Dawon looked up to meet the elders’ gaze.

“Don’t do anything you might regret, son.”

“If Dani wants to get married then it has to be her own choice. She’s too young for all this. You can’t do this to her.”

“Dawon!”

The eldest stood up and exhaled.

“This is why I agreed with my girlfriend that it would be better not to tell our parents about us. Everyone’s thinking is backwards in this circle.” He pointed out before leaving the room.

 

 

 

“I have already arrived,” Rowoon spoke as he got down from the car, he handed the key to valet and went straight to the hotel lobby.

“Yes, I changed before going.” He sighed, his mother was on the phone, nagging.

“Don’t you sigh at me, you tend to never attend your father’s events, I have to make sure you two don’t fight again. Now, come up here.”

He tucked his phone back in his coat pocket and made his way towards the elevator.

I’m telling you, I need you here. Like, right this moment.

He turned his head and saw Dahye making her way towards the elevators, the girl looked radiant in her deep magenta dress that rested just a few inches above her knees.

Rowoon grew amused as her two bodyguards padded after her, despite being in heels, she walked quite fast. The girl was on the phone, and it looked like she was arguing with someone.

What? Why would you need a shipping permit? Just buy one here!

Rowoon raised his hand to wave at her, but someone came up behind the girl and patted her shoulder. Rowoon watched as she paused and turned her head.

“Hi.” She said softly, Eunwoo grinned and gestured for her to continue the call. Rowoon pursed his lips and looked away.

Not the same? I’m literally going to buy you the same unit, color and~ Rowoon-ah, wait!”

Rowoon halted in mid-step, the girl was looking right at him.

“Let’s go together.” She called out, Rowoon felt Eunwoo’s gaze on him, and he nodded at her.

I’ll call you back when you’re already being reasonable.” She mumbled before putting her phone in her purse.

“You’re early.” She said, Rowoon waited for her to go in first.

“You know why I have to be.” He shot back with a grin, Dahye chuckled before facing Eunwoo.

“I see you’ve been forced to make an appearance.” She said to him, Rowoon’s brows were knitted together as the doors closed in. The male crossed his arms, even Dahye’s bodyguards couldn’t help but glance over at the tall male.

“Don’t use that word, I’m actually fine with being here. I get to chat with you.” Eunwoo said as he leaned back against the elevator wall.

“Well, it’s going to be a busy~” Dahye paused, she reached over to gently squeeze his right hand, the male looked at her questioningly.

“Relax.” She said good-naturedly, Rowoon put his arms down to his sides and nodded in reply.

Dahye smiled and she loosely hooked arms with the male, Rowoon paused but he leaned down to smile at her.

“What?” She said in hushed tones, Eunwoo looked away, his forehead creasing.

“Nothing.” Rowoon chuckled lightly, and the doors opened again.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++