013

Next To You

 

“Captain, how could you do that to me? In front of those arrogant soccer punks too!” Jungho complained as soon as the male joined them, Eunwoo ignored his comment and leaned against balustrade. They were just waiting for the bells to ring, signaling that their class was about to start.

“How long are you going to keep on starting trouble? That girl is Dawon sunbae’s sister.” Eunwoo stated, Jungho paused, his brows going up.

“Lee Dawon?”

“Yes, that Dawon.” Eunwoo eyed him warily, his eyes went to the grounds below and he exhaled.

“Explains why those guys are always around her.”

“Just leave her alone and stay out of trouble, Rowoon hyung sounded like he meant business.” Eunwoo continued and then his brows rose as he saw the school beauty again.

“Isn’t that her?” He murmured, Jungho followed his gaze and smiled.

“Now, you’ve seen her up close, she’s really beautiful, huh?”

Eunwoo didn’t react, he watched as Chani walked beside the girl, she was chatting with him while clutching to his arm.

“They’re heading for the indoor pool.” Jungho spoke again, Eunwoo’s eyes went to his teammate and shook his head.

“Admit it, she’s pretty, huh?”

“Yeah, she is. But that doesn’t mean that I would be harassing her anytime soon.” He stated flatly before leaving him, Jungho grinned and glanced at Dani again. Chani was walking her towards the indoor pool’s pathway.

“Lee Dawon’s sister. She’s my new challenge then.” Jungho smirked before turning away from the railings.

 

 

 

Dahye ran her fingers through her hair as she reached her designated floor, she made her way towards the lecture halls while browsing through her phone. Her mother had texted her, asking her to join them for dinner later.

“Dinner at some fancy hotel. I wonder what eomma’s up to now.” She murmured to herself.

“Dahye-ah,”

Rowoon incoming.

She paused and turned to her left, and there he was. Looking painfully beautiful in a pair of well-fitted black jeans, a black shirt and an orange beanie.

tumblr_pdancdzup11xzikmro2_1280.gifv

How does one make a simple outfit look so damn good?

I would kill for a chance to dress him up.

This boy would slay in Zegna or Balmain.

Dani, focus!

“Hey,” She blurted out, Rowoon rolled his eyes at her.

“What?”

“So, we’re back at “Hey.”?” He mused at her, Dahye scrunched her nose and didn’t react.

“How was your training yesterday?” Rowoon asked as they got inside the lecture hall.

“I’m lowkey regretting it, but it was fun. My shouders are sore too.” She shrugged as they sat down, Rowoon nodded in reply.

“Should I ask how things went with your father, or nah?” She said softly, he turned to her and Dani slowly slid her chair away from him.

“I started to talk to him last night, but he got called into a video call meeting.”

“Oh, is that a good or bad thing?”

“Both.” He chuckled before pulling the arm of her chair inwards.

“I don’t want you rolling down the steps, Dahye.” He murmured as he opened his textbook, she pursed her lips, defeated.

“He wants me to be present at this business summit next week, but I have a match on that day. I don’t know how to…juggle that.”

Dahye her lips and looked at her fingers.

“I want to tell you not to take it too seriously, but it doesn’t fit the situation,” She murmured, Rowoon broke into a small smile.

“Did I say that out loud?” She grumbled.

“What time is the summit? Surely, it won’t reach till night?”

“Two in the afternoon, my game is at four, Dani. I need to time to prepare for the match, and I don’t want to be late. We’re playing for the championships.”

Dahye saw Taeyang and Zuho walk in, she gave the two boys a small wave.

“Maybe, you can leave the summit a bit earlier?” She spoke, Rowoon nodded and leaned back on his seat.

“Hey,” Dani turned to him, she paused at her actions but she continued.

“I know this might sound annoying to you, but things will definitely fall into place. It might not go smoothly, but it’ll work out.”

Rowoon’s gaze grew pensive, but he nodded at her.

“My advice to you is not to take me seriously, I’m not good at this.” She quickly pointed out, Rowoon chuckled and he suddenly reached for his backpack.

Dani faced front and puffed her cheeks.

“Here.” She felt something cold touch the back of her hand, she looked at it. It was can of grape juice.

“What~”

“You like grape juice, right?” Rowoon grinned at her, their professor arrived, and the girl nodded back at him.

“Thanks, Rowoon-ah.” She murmured, she saw Rowoon playfully roll his at her before turning away.

 

 

 

“What?” Dawon almost choked on his seafood pancake as his mother finished talking.

“You…You told her that we were having dinner, where?”

Mrs. Lee chuckled and clasped her palm together in glee, Dawon turned to his father for help, but the elder only shrugged back at him.

“Abeoji, how could you do this to Dani?”

“It’s just dinner, your sister wont die.” Mrs. Lee hissed at him, Dawon took out his phone but his mother slapped his hand.

“Don’t you dare!”

“Eomma, Dani is~”

“Dani is going to be fine, you even know who she’s meeting there.”

“Who?” Dawon sighed as his mother took his phone away, he grimaced and leaned back on his seat.

“The Cha son. KB Financial Group’s son.”

“Eunwoo?” Dawon said, his father shrugged at him and continued eating.

“See? Now, don’t you feel ashamed of yourself for thinking that your friend would do something to your sister?”

“What? No!” Dawon adamantly shook his head.

“What are you talking about, son?” Mr. Lee glanced at their eldest child.

“Once Dani realizes what’s going on, aren’t you worried for Eunwoo as well?”

“Daw~”

“I know Dani can take care of herself, but Eunwoo may be scarred for life!”

“You’re overreacting, son. Just finish your meal.” His mother waved him off, Dawon shook his head and leaned back on his chair.

“Dahye will not let this pass.”

 

 

 

Rowoon put his utensils down and exhaled, the table had gone awfully quiet. He was with his parents, having dinner at a private hall inside his mother’s favorite restaurant.

“You always do this. Your excuses are getting old!”

He didn’t glance at the elder and simply leaned back on his seat.

“Now you want to skip this summit? People are expecting you to be there!” Mr. Kim spoke in harsh tones, his wife tried to calm him down.

“Honey, Rowoon is~”

“You always take your side, that’s why he’s like this!” He snapped, Rowoon exhaled and looked at his parents.

“How hard is it to understand that I have things to do at school?” He spoke, keeping his voice calm.

“School? You’re just playing around!”

Rowoon pused his lips, not wanting to lose his temper.

“You will be at that summit whether you like it or not!”

“That’s for me to decide, abeoji.” He said as he stood up, he could hear his mother asking him not to leave.

“You ungrateful brat!”

“Why can’t you just let me be a student? We are a few games away from finals, abeoji. This is important to me!”

“All you think about is soccer!” His father shot back.

“You can’t keep on just having fun or going out with your friends, Rowoon-ah. You know that!” His father snapped, Rowoon slowly shook his head.

“Well, I’d rather have a life.” He stated before stepping out of the dining hall, Rowoon shut the door behind him and let out a shaky breath.

Rowoon got inside the elevator and leaned against the handrails. He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes.

Nothing ever got through his father.

“Nothing.” He breathed, he reached the lobby and took out his phone. Rowoon stopped by the sliding doors and he stared at the night sky. He ran his fingers through his hair as he unlocked his phone.

“Rowoon-ah, it’s not that bad. You can take my word for it.”

“I know this might sound annoying to you, but things will definitely fall into place. It might not go smoothly, but it’ll work out.”

He tapped on Dani’s name on the screen, he pressed the phone against his ear. Rowoon buried his other hand in pocket as he waited for the girl to answer.

And she did.

“Da~” He started, he saw his car being brought around and he made his way towards it.

“And you pick up now? Did they tell you about this? I do not like being here! You better pick me up in five minutes or I am coming for your throat! You’re supposed to be the older brother, you should be arranged to marry first! Not me!”

Rowoon paused, his eyes narrowed briefly before talking.

“So, where should I pick you up?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++