016

Next To You

 

 

Dahye pinched the bridge of her nose as the male on the other line continued talking.

“Yes, I heard about it. I will be there.” She replied, she rolled her eyes. Another Saturday of hers being eaten by work.

At this rate I might become Rowoon and want to run away from work.

She shook her head.

I should stop thinking about him, I’m finally adjusting to the guy.

“It’s the final meeting before the contract signing, young miss. It’s quite important. Hyundai’s side arranged the venue for tomorrow.”

“I’ll keep that in mind, please send the driver for me then.” She murmured as she made her way towards the parking lot, she paused when she saw Chani walking, he was already dressed for practice.

“And, right, the young master asks if you’re free for dinner,”

Dani paused, she looked at the car keys in her palm.

“Why?”

“He wants to have dinner together, young miss. He~”

“No. I can’t. I have a study session tonight.” She said brusquely as she turned away from her car, the girl jogged towards the open field.

“Yes, I’ll inform him, young miss.”

Dani tucked her phone in her jean pocket as she reached the bleachers, she saw Hwiyoung already joining the team.

“Dani-ah!” Taeyang was waving at her, the girl grinned and made her way towards them.

“I thought you were going home.” Chani said as the girl passed by them, Rowoon glanced up from the bench.

“Yeah, but I cancelled that.” She answered, Chani paused and really looked at her.

“You cancelled going home? What?”

“Such a thing exists, go on, kick some balls or whatever.” She shooed him away, Rowoon let out a laugh and put his water bottle down.

“That sounded wrong, noona.” Hwiyoung was grinning at her, Dani blinked back at him.

“What are~”

“To the bleachers you go, Dahye-ah.” Rowoon said as he gently steered her towards Taeyang and Zuho, the girl glanced at his hands on her shoulders.

Chani grinned to himself and jogged towards the field.

“We’re about to start in a bit, keep her safe.” He said to his friends in a joking manner, as he made the girl sit down.

Dahye exhaled and leaned back on her seat.

I’d rather suffer through this than deal with the brother.

 

 

 

“Your noona’s here again.”

Chani glanced at the older male and nodded back.

“So, really, what’s the deal between you two? We get that you’re close with Dawon sunbae’s family, but the girl…are you two going out?” His teammate asked, Chani’s eyes was focused on the ball as Rowoon chased after it.

“No, she’s like a sister to me.” Chani replied, he noticed Hwiyoung already preparing himself.

“Hyung, I get that you’re interested in her. Why don’t you just go and ask her out? She’s just right there.” Chani sighed, the coach was already yelling at them.

“Should I?” He said with a grin, the younger male almost rolled his eyes.

“Give it a try.” Chani mumbled again, he glanced over the bleachers and saw Dahye chatting with Taeyang, he tilted his head.

They were looking at their textbooks.

“Is she helping them with school stuff?” He mused to himself, and then his view was suddenly blocked.

“Oh, hyung.” Chani spoke, Rowoon glanced at the older male from earlier.

“What did he want?” He asked, Chani followed his gaze and he shook his head.

“The usual. Dani noona.”

“Ah.” Rowoon replied, he glanced over his shoulder again, Dahye was staring back at them. She slowly, and awkwardly, raised her two thumbs.

Chani chortled and jogged back towards the left side of the field.

Rowoon exhaled, he heard their coach calling for a break and he ran his fingers through his hair. He joined the team and got himself a Gatorade, he made his way up towards the bleachers, not noticing the squeals from the female students as he passed by.

“Ew, you’re all sweaty,” Zuho commented as he joined them.

“Ice princess is helping us with our reports, she’s a hidden gem.” Taeyang mused, Rowoon’s eyes went to the girl, she was typing on the male’s laptop.

“She’s here to catch a breath and you’re making her work.” He commented, Dani looked up from the screen.

“No, it’s fine. I needed the distraction.” She said with a small smile, Rowoon was about to speak when he felt someone standing behind him.

“Oh, Eunwoo-ah.” Zuho said with a grin, the latter smiled.

“I hope I’m not intruding.” Eunwoo said with a grin as he sat down beside the girl, Rowoon’s eyes went to him.

“No, unless you want to switch sports.” Taeyang said jokingly, Dahye looked at the newcomer.

“What brings you here?” She asked him, the male put his backpack down and looked at her.

“You two are friends. I have questions.” Taeyang nodded to himself, Dani turned to him and chuckled.

“Me too.” She said solemnly, Eunwoo chuckled at her words.

“Rowoon-ah!”

Rowoon turned and saw his teammates calling for him, his forehead creased.

“Are you hungry? Let’s get something to eat.” Eunwoo spoke to the girl.

“Sounds good, you guys want anything?” Dani asked as she stood up, Rowoon turned to them again.

“Hey, why aren’t you going back there?” She said with a small smile, waiting for him to move, Rowoon was kind of blocking her way.

“Chips, get us some chips, ice princess.” Zuho said to her.

“Got it.”

“Rowoon-ah.” Her eyes went to him again, the male blinked at her and he nodded back.

“I’m sorry, see you later.” Rowoon turned his back to her and went down the bleachers, he ran his fingers through his hair and finished his drink.

 

 

 

“What do you think?” Taeyang spoke, Zuho turned to him and grinned.

“He’s curious. And then, he’s going to be interested.”

Taeyang chuckled, he glanced at the field, practice was coming to an end. Dani and Eunwoo were seated a few steps below them.

“What about our ice princess?”

“She’s hard to read, but she seems friendly with him. But that could just be her being polite. Eunwoo is KB Financial’s next boss.” Zuho said as he took another sip from his Sprite.

“Right. But, this is my first time seeing him approach a girl like that. Eunwoo’s always been busy with basketball and studies.”

“Hyung,” Hwiyoung reached them, Taeyang grinned at the younger male.

“Practice is done?”

“Yeah, Rowoon hyung said we should have dinner at his place. He asked me to go first.”

“Good, Rowoon’s cooking!” Zuho chuckled, then they paused when Eunwoo and Dani suddenly stood up.

“How do we ask noona to join us too?” Hwiyoung blinked, Taeyang quickly grabbed the backpack by his feet.

“Dani-ah!”

The girl paused and looked at them, Taeyang stood up and handed the bag to her.

“We kind of need to go now, can you hand this to Rowoon later?”

“Oh, okay.” Dahye replied and took it from him, Hwiyoung gave the girl a wave before they set off.

“Right, noona seems to get along with Rowoon hyung.” Hwiyoung mused as they left the field, Taeyang glanced over his shoulder and nodded in agreement.

“They do, I mean I noticed that he does like talking to her.”

“He does talk, a lot.” Zuho pointed out, Hwiyoung chuckled at the two.

“Not that, he tends to discuss things with her, not just the simple…small talk.” Taeyang said, his eyes were on his friend. And he was confused, Rowoon was still standing at the field, staring at something.

He followed his gaze and realized that the tall male was looking at Eunwoo and Dani.

“Huh.” Taeyang mouthed to himself.

“What are you looking at?” Zuho nudged him, Taeyang diverted his gaze away from his friend.

“Nothing. But, one does get curious, then gets interested, right?”

“What are you talking about, hyung?” Hwiyoung said as they reached the car.

“And then one could get...territorial.”

 

 

 

“This whole being friends thing doesn’t seem safe.” Dani murmured as they went down the bleachers, practice had ended about an hour ago for the soccer team.

“I just don’t want Jungho to keep on bothering you, that’s all. And,”

“And what?” She asked him as they reached the parking lot.

“I’m curious.”

“Huh?”

“Actually, before meeting you personally, I’ve heard rumors about you. You being Dawon hyung’s sister, you always being surrounded by those guys.”

“You’re curious because I don’t..have my own friends here?” She started to laugh.

“No, I got curious because you always seem so protected.”

Dahye paused at his words, but Eunwoo was grinning at her.

“I’ll go ahead, I know you’d refuse if I offer to drive you home.”

“Yup.” She nodded at him, the girl watched as he got in his car and sped away from the lot. Dani puffed her cheeks and looked at the other backpack she was holding.

Zuho and Taeyang were such good friends and left Denim Jacket’s belongings with her. She sighed and made her way towards the school building, Rowoon had a locker there too.

“I need to get dinner before going home.” She said to herself as she entered the doors, she saw Chani and the tall male chatting while gathering their things.

I can’t exactly ask Chani to get dinner and not invite this tall boy too.

But, dinner with him is actually okay too.

I mean, it’s no longer scary being his friend.

“Rowoon-ah,” She spoke, the male turned his head to her and she paused.

bf39803ce56c451e8d70cbd1e1964ff047f4d9c8.gif

And of course, how could I forget?

This good-looking person.

“The two idiots were so hungry and left this.” She raised the backpack; the male smiled and took it from her.

“Thank you, ice princess.”

“Noona, we were just going to get dinner.” Chani spoke to her.

“I stayed through your practice for dinner.” Dani replied, the younger male laughed.

“Why? Why did you stay? Did you want to have dinner with someone else?”

“I stayed because I had a fight with Lee Dawon and I don’t want see his face at home. Satisfied?” She shot back, Chani grimaced at her tone.

“Okay, let’s not kill each other. Come on.” Rowoon grew amused and ushered the two to walk forward.

“I want chicken.” She stated as they walked together, she unthinkingly hooked arms with both of them and she halted.

“Sounds good.” Rowoon nodded along, she was about to pull her arm back, but the male prevented her from doing so.
She looked up to see his face, Rowoon didn't seem to feel her gaze and just continued walking.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++