003

Next To You

 

“I just don’t understand why you have to act like my babysitter. I’m a college student.” Dani pointed out over breakfast, their parents had left them for work and it was just the two Lee children.

“It’s a new environment, Dani.”

“What are you saying? I lived alone while I was~”

“We are not arguing about this. I still have something to attend to this morning. You will join me.”

Dahye rolled her eyes and stabbed her toast in annoyance, Dawon looked up and smiled.

“Something? You’re basically jobless, what are you talking about?” She muttered darkly before eating.

“And, Dani-ah,”

“What now? Do you want to join my classes too?”

“Do you even know where to claim your school materials? Your textbooks that you need to buy, do you know where to get the list?”

Her lips thinned, peeved.

“I know you’re not comfortable with having to be with my friends, but they’ll help you.”

“Help me carry my books?” She said dryly, Dawon sent him a look and she shut .

“Oppa, I have Chani there.”

“Chani’s not in your year. You two wont have classes together.” He pointed out as he took a small sip of his coffee.

“Zuho Taeyang. Hwiyoung.” She recited, Dawon chuckled.

“See? I do pay attention.” Dani pointed out as she munched on her toast.

“You forgot one, baby girl.”

“Who? And, don’t call me that.” She grimaced as she wiped the bits of bread off .

“Rowoon. You haven’t met him.”

“Cool.” She muttered, unimpressed.

 

 

“What?” Inseong pressed his phone closer to his ear, his friend laughed from the other end.

“Wait, so because of that Dahye was dragged back here?”

“That’s what I heard, Dani’s enrolled to SNU now.” Youngbin stated with a chuckle.

“Does she know what really happened?”

“Do you think those type of things would escape Dani’s ears?”

Inseong smiled and stood up from his seat, he made his way out of his office and his secretary followed him.

“Jaeyoon?” He mouthed at him, referring to his cousin.

“He’s already at the hall, sir.” The male said in soft tones.

“She was always yapping about her off year, and now,” Inseong murmured, Youngbin hummed back from the other end.

“Should Dawon be worried for Junhee? Or nah?” Youngbin replied, Inseon pushed the doors open and he saw his cousin.

“Junhee? I don’t think we should be.”

“You know Dani, Inseong.”

“Right,” Inseong smiled at he sat down, he glanced at his cousin again.

“Dani in Seoul.” Jaeyoon mouthed, Inseong nodded at him and the younger male shuddered in response.

“We never know when it comes to Dani.”

 

 

“Did you get your books already?” Chani asked as he approached the siblings, Dawon nodded at him.

“We did, have you eaten?” Dani asked as she hooked arms with the male.

“I did, with the hyungs. You be nice to them.” He stated. Dani paused and turned to him.

“That’s twice today.” She mumbled with a roll of her eyes.

“You two, I’ll meet you at the open field later. I have something I need to check.” Dawon turned to them, Chani nodded without hesitation.

“What are you going to check? You’re done with school.” Dahye asked, Chani just dragged her away from her brother.

“Stop hovering over your brother, Dani.” He said as they walked through the wide corridors.

“I’m not.”

Chani smiled and nudged her, she ignored him and just moved along. The male paused and he glanced around them, most males students were already staring at his friend. He puffed his cheeks, they were going to get their hearts broken.

“Where is this field?”

“We’re already nearby, noona. Why did you wear dress today? It’s windy out.”

“I don’t like things sticking to my thighs. I’m bleeding right now.”

“Ugh.” Chani grimaced and pulled away from her, the girl watched in amusement as Chani speed-walked away from her.

“Chani!”

“What?” He hissed back without looking at her, Dani padded after him, not noticing the eyes on her.

“Can we get something to eat before going to that festival thing?”

“We can get food there, stay away from me!”

 

 

“Look! Look, there she is!” Taeyang said, his two friends turned and craned their necks, trying to see through the thick crowd.

“She’s with Chani.” Hwiyoung said,

“Chani, that lucky bastard, princess is friends with him.” Taeyang said, Zuho grinned in amusement.

“When you look at it, Dawon hyung and her are so different. She’s quiet and calm,”

“A little scary.” Hwiyoung added as he picked up another French fry.

“But, look at her.” Taeyang stated, he flinched when someone slapped his arm.

“Hyung,” He let out a sheepish smile when Dawon plopped down beside them.

“She’s my sister. Look after her. Not flirt with her.”

“Hyung, your sister won’t even speak with us, don’t worry.” Zuho crossed his legs, Dawon raised his arm.

“Dahye-ah!”

Her eyes focused on them, and the other boys couldn’t help but straighten up. Chani walked towards them and plopped down beside Taeyang.

Dani paused and looked at them, she chewed on her lower lip and decided to take a seat one row behind them, which was a bad idea. Now, they were all facing her.

“Noona, do you want something to eat?” Hwiyoung asked in a calm tone, she looked at him and shook her head.

“It’s fine. Chani and I had ricecakes.” Dani said, Dawon smiled at her and she looked away. Dahye looked around her, the whole area was filled with different booths that sold food, drinks and other items that the students personally made.

“It’s like a bazaar of some sort.” Someone spoke, she turned her head, Zuho was looking at her.

“Ah, yes.” She stated, her face remaining void of any expression and she leaned back on her chair.

Why am I here? Everything’s a mess.

 I miss my apartment. I miss my bed.

I miss not having to talk to people.

“Hey.”

“Give me your schedule, I’ll arrange it for you.” Chani spoke, she let out a small smile and rummaged through her bag.

“Wow.” Taeyang said quietly to Hwiyoung, the younger male shushed him.

“She really is beautiful.”

Dawon ignored his comment, he glanced around them and he spotted a familiar face wading through the crowd.

“Rowoon-ah!” He called for him. Dahye took out her schedule from her bag and handed it to Chani, but the male was already looking elsewhere.

“Chani~”

“Hyung, we’re here!” He called, Dani’s forehead creased and she followed his gaze. The girl halted and her eyes widened.

tumblr_pd8l0b1oVG1x1yp8ko3_400.gif

She let out an inaudible gasp and she quickly looked away.

And there it was, the one thing she never wanted to feel. Ever.

The butterflies in her tummy.

Run!

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++