006

Next To You

 

 

Dani raced out of the classroom as soon as they were dismissed, she could hear Zuho calling for her but she rushed past the doors.

She took out her phone and realized she had a missed call, she sighed before calling back.

“Dani, hey~”

“Where have you been?” She hissed as soon as he picked up, she heard the male chuckled from the other end.

Hey, first of all, you suddenly leave the country without telling me and now I get yelled at?

I texted you!

You did, I was in class.” He shot back, the girl exhaled and headed down the steps.

You’re in Seoul. Are you studying there now?

“What do you think? But, P, I…have a problem. I don’t know how to deal with this.” She whined as she searched for the cafeteria.

Why? Is it your stomach cramps again?

No, no, but can you….fly here for a bit? Can’t you?

Is South Korea just a five minute bus ride, miss Lee? And, do I need to remind you of the time difference?” He said dryly, Dahye frowned and chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

Call me later?

Videocall, I wanna see how you’re not fitting in there.” He said reassuringly before ending the call, Dani exhaled and she looked at the cafeteria entrance.

“Fitting in is not a problem, it’s getting comfortable here. That’s the problem.” She said, she spotted Taeyang and Rowoon already lining up for food.

“That. That is the problem.”

“What are you mumbling about?” A deep voice made her pause, Chani was standing beside her.

“Chani-ah.” She wrapped her arms around his neck, the male grimaced and let her be.

“Was it that bad?” He said as he patted her back soothingly.

“Why weren’t you born earlier, you weirdo?” She sighed as they walked towards the cafeteria, with Dani still not letting go of him. Some male students were looking at him with envy.

“Well, I’d like to think of it as a blessing.” He mused, then the girl paused.

“I want to kill you for ing up my schedule, but you’re my only friend here.” She said darkly, Chani blinked in response.

“What? I fixed that so you wouldn’t have a hard time adjusting here, having a familiar face around is~”

“Shut up.” She muttered as she let go of him.

“Rowoon hyung’s fine, noona. He’s cool, he wont mind.” He shrugged at her as they walked in the cafeteria, Dani eyes him warily.

That’s the problem.

He is fine.

 

 

 

Dani plopped down on one of the empty tables and waited for Chani, he told her to take a seat and he would order food for them.

Dahye decided to go through her emails, not noticing the male from earlier take a seat beside her. She was about to send her brother a text when someone tapped her shoulder, she grew surprised as she saw the basketball player from earlier.

“Eating alone is bad.” He said with greasy smile, Dani wanted to debunk his words but she was too hungry for that.

“I’m not alone.”

“Hey, no need to be shy. We’re schoolmates after all.” He said as he wrapped one arm around her shoulder and pulled her to his chest. Dani tried to shake him off, not wanting to cause a scene.

“You’re walking around wearing that skirt, it’s obvious you want attention. No need to feign innocence, baby.” He whispered to her ear, Dani was about to react when a tray of food was suddenly dumped on the table.

“Why don’t you let go of her?” Zuho walked to them, his eyes were set on the male as he put his food down. She looked at the tray again, then the male was removed away from her.

He was removed from the bench they were sitting on.

She turned but her view was being blocked by a tall figure.

“I get that you’re interested in her, but that’s not how you ask a lady to be friends with you.” Zuho spoke, Dani tried to take a peek at the male again, Rowoon turned his head to look at her. She flinched and diverted her gaze, she felt his hand on her shoulder, nudging her forward, not wanting her to be in the ert’s line of sight.

“Zuho, I was just trying to make her feel welcome here, she’s~”

“Welcome her? By talking about her skirt and touching her?” Taeyang added, he had buried his hands in his pocket as he stared at the male, Chani arrived, he looked a little confused.

“It was a joke, that girl has been frowning the whole day~”

“That girl.” Rowoon repeated, he shook his head and sat down beside Dani, Chani did the same and set her food on the table.

“I’m sure you’ve been stalking her enough to know her name.” Rowoon spoke again as he looked at his food, Taeyang and Zuho plopped down across them.

Chani watched as the male scurried away from them, but not before taking another glance at Dahye again.

“What does Cheon Jungho want?” Chani asked, Dani was trying to inch closer to him and he grew annoyed.

“Noona, please, stop moving.” He sighed, the girl paused and glanced to her left again. Rowoon was comfortably eating his meal.

“Don’t worry about him, Dani. He’s just really a pain to everyone here.” Taeyang said with a frown, the girl could only nod back and she looked at her food.

“Chani, this is radish.” She whispered as she tried to make him move.

“They only have that. Noona, please!” He groaned again, the other three all looked at them.

“Can’t you a move a bit?” She whispered under her breath, Chani opened his mouth but someone spoke first.

“Here,” Rowoon adjusted and slid a few inches away from her.

“I’m sorry, hyung. But noona was a little too pampered by Dawon hyung.” Chani said in a dry tone before chewing on his rice.

“I was sitting too close to her anyway, it’s okay.” Rowoon shrugged, Dani grimaced and picked up her chopsticks.

And so, I have been left under the care of this good looking idiots.

One of them makes me want to run away from him.

Great.

 

 

 

Rowoon slung his backpack over one shoulder as he jogged towards the parking lot, he needed to drive back to the university for practice later. He was called to his father’s office for a meeting, it was a good thing that he was done with all his classes.

He reached his car and took out his key fob, Rowoon dumped his things on the back of the Audi, when he noticed Dahye crossing the street.

He watched as another male student tried to approach her, but the girl made it clear that she didn’t want to talk when she plugged her Airpods in. Rowoon grew amused and opened the driver’s seat door.

“Denim jacket!”

He halted and turned his head, confused.

“D—Denim jacket.” Dahye repeated, she was standing meters away from him, but Rowoon was sure that the girl was talking to him.

“It’s Rowoon, Dahye-ah.” He broke into a smile, the girl’s forehead creased.

“I—I know, I meant that I wanted to r—return your jacket.” She said as she turned to her car, Rowoon crossed the lot and made his way towards the girl.

Dahye took out a paper bag from the car and almost jumped when she realized he was standing next to her.

“Thanks for helping me out yesterday, I—I had this washed.” She said, Rowoon took the bag from her.

“Cheon Jungho. He’s also a business major like us.” He spoke, the girl paused at his words.

“The guy from earlier. That’s his name.”

“A—Ah, so it has a name.” She blurted out, her sunny personality shining through, her eyes widened and she looked at him. Rowoon chuckled at her words.

“Yes, it has a name. And it’s also healthy if you steer clear away from it.

Dani’s brows rose but she nodded at him.

“I—I’ll keep that in mind.”

“You should. Drive safely on your way home, Lee Dahye.” He said in a pleasant tone as he walked back to his car, Dahye quickly got into the Mercedes and exhaled. She pressed her palm against her stomach and let out shaky sigh.

I can’t be friends with him.

It’s too uncomfortable!

Dani looked up and watched as the black Audi RS7 sped out of the parking lot.

“Good looking guy with a good looking car. Double combo.” She said in a dark tone.

 

 

 

Dawon put his phone down as he heard his sister’s steps on the stairs, he walked out of his room and caught her before she could go up to the study.

“Oh, oppa.”

“How was your first day?”

“Depends on what you’re asking about, work or school?” She replied with a dry smile, Dawon beamed at her.

“Both.”

“Work was fine, but wow that project with Hyundai will the daylights out of a person. So much work piled in a huge project that would take two years to complete. And, how did you get to purchase that huge chunk of land without having problems? I am so confused, and do you plan to use green energy in making that? Hyundai is an expert when it comes to energy saving buildings, especially when you want to attach it to an amuse~”

“Okay, okay, smarty-pants, Dani. I take it that you enjoyed the meeting?” Dawon let out a laugh, his sister had always been the smart one in the family and she tends to speak her mind and forget to filter her words too. But she was very beautiful that it almost covered for the fact that she was a grouch.

“School. Do not even begin about school. So, good night.” She said flatly.

“Chani called and told me~”

“I don’t want to talk about Kang.”

“You just said you’re happy that he’s in the same school.”

“Oppa, can we talk about this tomorrow? I have a report to make, for LeeSan and another report for SNU, class.”

“Okay, don’t stay up too late.” Dawon kissed the top of her head, she grimaced and moved away from him.

Dawon was about to turn for his room when his sister’s voice made him pause.

“I..I may have a lot of distractions right now, but I almost had this certain Junhee checked, you know.”

Dawon faced her again, his eyes wide as saucers.

“It doesn’t make sense that you would hide your relationship. But,”

“But?” Dawon said, starting to worry.

“I am not that person. Doing background checks and calling banks, pssh.”

The eldest Lee broke into a smile, Dahye ran her fingers through her hair before continuing.

“But, don’t let her break your heart, oppa.”

“Dani, that’s really sweet of you. I didn’t know you were capable of human emotion.” He said lightly.

“Because, I will break her if she ever does that.” Dani said with a wink before going into her room.

“I take that back.” Dawon murmured to himself as he walked back to his quarters.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++