015

Next To You

 

Rowoon leaned over the railings and stretched his arms before him.

“We keep on having these quizzes, I’m about to lose it.” Taeyang murmured beside him, the tall male looked at his friend.

“We only have two more to go, then lunch.” Zuho added as he joined them.

“Don’t you have practice later? How are things?” Taeyang asked, Rowoon shrugged back.

“Everyone’s tensed up over the championships. There’s a good chance that we might be able to make it to finals this year.”

“Yonsei’s lineup is pretty weak too.” Zuho nodded in agreement, Rowoon exhaled, his eyes went to the campus gardens again. He saw Chani and Dahye walking together, the girl looked like she was in a bad mood.

“Of course.” Rowoon murmured to himself with a small smile, he was about to turn to his friends when he noticed a familiar silhouette walking up to them.

“Dani has this class too. Where is she?” Zuho mentioned, he glanced at his friend and saw that he was looking at something.

“Rowoon-ah, wh~ Oh, it’s Dahye.” He said, Taeyang followed his gaze and the male grew confused.

“What’s this? He pulled Jungho out of the way so that he could get to her first?” Taeyang said jokingly, Rowoon’s eyes went to him. Chani had left the two and made his way towards the other side of the campus.

“He asked to talk to her.” Zuho mused, Rowoon’s brows rose and he walked away from his friend, Taeyang glanced over his shoulder and saw him step inside their lecture hall.

“He’s going to be rejected. Poor Eunwoo.” Taeyang hummed, Zuho chuckled and nodded back. The two were approaching their building and Eunwoo was talking to the girl.

“But, how do you even catch the ice princess’s eye?”

 

 

 

“Is this really necessary?” Dani murmured, Eunwoo looked at her.

“Did you get home alright? Dawon hyung called me.”

“I…got a very special and terrifying Uber, but yes, I did get home okay.” She murmured, Eunwoo blinked at her words and smiled.

“You don’t want to talk about it, huh?”

“I got yelled at this morning because I left you there, of course, I want to talk about it.” She said in a dry tone that made Eunwoo chuckle.

“I’m sorry about that, Dani. I got reprimanded too, because I let you leave alone.” Eunwoo continued as they reached the steps, Dahye nodded back at him. She felt very uncomfortable and her only cover was her sarcasm. She really had no idea why Cha Eunwoo wanted to talk to her.

“Why did you want to talk?” She asked him as they went up the steps.

“I didn’t want things to get awkward between us, that’s all.”

“Trust me, it already is.” She said jokingly, Eunwoo looked at her and he shook his head.

“Well, with my teammate harassing you in public, I figured that you’d also hate me for that.”

Dahye paused, almost missing a step.

“N—No, I don’t hate you. It was just…a really bad dinner, and that guy is…not your responsibility, he’s simply a ert.” She continued.

“So, you don’t hate me?” Eunwoo said as they reached the third floor, the girl nodded, not really sure where the conversation was going.

“Friends?” Eunwoo asked her, the girl nodded again.

“Yes, sure.” She murmured as she shook hands with him, Eunwoo smiled and glanced around him.

“You have class here?” He asked, Dani took her hand back.

“I do. Thanks for walking me.” She murmured as they reached the door.

“No problem.” Eunwoo said lightly, the girl shrugged at him and stepped into the room, the male watched as she made her way towards her desk.

Eunwoo saw her greet Taeyang and Zuho before taking her seat beside someone. Eunwoo noticed how Rowoon lean back on his seat as the girl sat down beside him.

Dahye began talking to him, but his eyes went to Eunwoo. Rowoon gave him a small nod, Eunwoo smiled back before turning away.

“The soccer team’s girl.” Eunwoo mused to himself before leaving the floor.

 

 

 

“I don’t want to say this, but, I told you so.” Jaeyoon replied as he plopped down on the sofa, Dawon exhaled, he was standing by the windows.

“This is the reason why you rushed here?” Jaeyoon mused, the younger male had barged in his office.

“I don’t know what to do, hyung. I already spoke to my parents about it. They seem to want her to continue meeting Eunwoo.”

“Ha! Now, I’m worried for him.”

“Hyung.” Dawon sighed, the older male grinned at him.

“Why not tell them about Junhee? Surely, that would distract them.”

“You know why I can’t do that.”

“Then, find a way to keep your sister out of the whole arranged marriage thing, because we both know this is where Eunwoo and her are going.”

“Eunwoo’s not that bad.” Dawon said as an afterthought, Jaeyoon sent him a look.

“I know. Dahye shouldn’t be forced into anything, I’m all for that.” Dawon exhaled and buried his hands in his pockets.

“All this hiding and lying to your parents won’t end well, Dawon-ah. I understand what Junhee is trying to do, but really,” Jaeyoon stood up and walked towards him.

“Is it really going to be that bad once they find out you’re dating the president’s daughter? Not a lot of people know who she is, Dawon-ah.”

“I know that, hyung. But,”

“Right, people know you as the LeeSan son, and you have eyes on you.” Jaeyoon turned to him, worried.

“I’m worried for Dani. She doesn’t like hiding things from our parents, I’m worried that this might cause friction between Junhee and her.”

“Maybe it is time you tell them, it would put their focus off Dahye. I mean, she just got home, let her breath.”

“I feel like I lack as her brother. I mean, I made a mistake and let her clean up my mess.” He murmured, Jaeyoon shook his head at him.

“Talk to your father, tell him you’re ready to come back to work. I’m sure Dahye doesn’t think that way, she just has a lot on her plate right now.”

“You actually think that chairman Lee would hear me out?” Dawon mused, Jaeyoon snorted.

“For everyone’s sake, they should hear you out. We don’t want an angry Dani around.”

 

 

 

“You made a new friend.”

Dani glanced at him as they walked out of the lecture hall.

“What?” She asked, Taeyang and Zuho had left them for their next class.

“Did Cheon Jungho bother you again? Eunwoo had to step in to fix things?” Rowoon asked her, the girl shook her head.

“No, actually…that thing from last night,” She murmured, he turned to her, noticing the crease on her forehead.

“You don’t have to talk about it if makes you uncomfortable.” He said softly, the girl sighed and faced him.

“I had dinner with him last night, and I walked out on him. Then, I got in your car. That.” She stated, Rowoon paused and he blinked at her.

“He was the one arranged to meet you there? Your blind date?”

“Must you remind me of what the old people call it?” She said to him, Rowoon couldn’t help but smile at her.

“He wanted to clear things up, he was worried that it might cause problems, I think.” Dani continued as they made their way down the steps, she grimaced slightly.

“What’s wrong?” Rowoon’s eyes went to the arm she was clutching.

“I think I didn’t stretch enough before practice.” Dahye stated, she paused when Rowoon tugged on her backpack.

“Give it.”

“It’s fine, I can~”

“Hand it over, ice princess.” Rowoon gently tugged on the strap again, the girl handed it to him, and he swung it over his shoulder.

“It’s just so weird seeing him there.” Dahye continued, Rowoon looked at her briefly.

“Why?”

“Why? I just met him earlier in the day, and now I was set up with him. It’s so strange.”

“Does it bother you that much? Eunwoo?”

“No, he seems…okay, I guess.” She shrugged as they reached the building, Rowoon nudged her. Dahye turned to him, but he didn’t speak right away.

“What?”

“Are you feeling better?” He asked her, Dani shrugged at him.

“I am, but you didn’t look so well last night. What happened, Rowoon-ah?” She asked as they reached their lecture hall. Rowoon felt her gaze on him, and he forehead creased briefly.

“The usual. Want to switch places with me?” He said jokingly as he gestured for her to go inside first. He followed her to their usual desk and noticed that some of their classmates were staring at the girl, his brows rose briefly.

Dani sat down and put her bag away.

“You’d go on blind dates in my place? That would be something.” She mused as she tried to inch her chair away from him, but Rowoon pulled her back without looking up from his phone. Dahye mentally sighed, giving up and letting him be.

“You can run the company for me, I’ll go on dates with Eunwoo for you.” He winked at her, Dahye balked at him.

“Hey, it’s too early for that. Not now, I haven’t had my third coffee yet.”

Rowoon started to laugh and he leaned over to muss her hair, Dani blinked at him and her eyes narrowed again.

“Now, you sound more like yourself, Dahye-ah.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++