032

Next To You

 

 

“Ah, so you met noona in Canada?” Hwiyoung said, Hyoseop nodded back at him with a smile.

“Unfortunately, we became friends. That’s how my fate happened.” He said jokingly, Chani rolled his eyes and leaned against the balustrade.

“Did you go to the same school too?” Taeyang asked, Zuho was checking out the view of the lush campus gardens below them.

“Yes, we did. We were neighbors too. So, tell me,”

“Hyung, she’s going to kill you.” Chani warned, Zuho grew curious and he faced them.

“That other guy, Eunwoo, right?”

“Ah, so, you did sense the ongoing rivalry between him and Rowoon.” Taeyang chuckled, Hyoseop crossed his arms and nodded.

“Rowoon hyung’s done for. It’s obvious.” Hwiyoung shrugged, Chani grew amused.

“Done for, as in he’s head over heels for her. Even a blind person would notice.”

“That hyung is never the type to get aggressive, you know. But, ever since Dani noona, he’s changed. Not the bad change though.” The younger male continued.

“I agree on that, he’s even working with his father now. Dahye eased him into that.” Zuho mused, then Chani jutted his lips towards the grounds.

“It’s Dani….Oh.” Taeyang saw Eunwoo approach her, Hyoseop looked on with interest.

“Do you think she’ll give him a chance? I mean, she’s always been friendly with him.” Zuho murmured, Hyoseop noticed how the girl was wincing as the male spoke to her. He tilted his head, amused. And then she was no longer looking at him, Hyoseop followed her gaze and saw Rowoon.

“Oh, hyung’s there too.” Hwiyoung chuckled.

“Is this gonna be a round two?” Chani said dryly, and then Hyoseop’s brows raised when the girl ran away from Cha Eunwoo.

“Oh.” Zuho blinked as he looked at the scene, Chani chuckled. Hyoseop started to smile as he looked at his friend clutch onto Soccer boy as she hid behind him.

“Should we be worried~ Oh!” Taeyang gasped as Eunwoo grabbed their friend by the collar, Hwiyoung looked on with interest.

“See? Agrressive.” He murmured as Rowoon caught Eunwoo’s punch and pushed him away.

“Why would anyone want to get on his bad side?” Zuho mumbled to himself as he turned to his friends. Chani started to slowly shake his head.

“He’s already won.” Hyoseop suddenly commented, all eyes went to him.

“What do you mean, hyung?” Taeyang looked at him.

“Nothing, I’ll see you guys later. It was nice meeting you all.” He said before leaving the group.

“Dahye just doesn’t know that yet. She’s tricked herself into thinking that he’s just a friend to her.” He murmured to himself as he walked towards the stairs.

 

 

 

 

“This…is home.” Rowoon stated as they walked into shop, his eyes scanned through the different sections within the store.

“Kind of. Don’t you like games?” Dahye asked as she handed his car keys back to him, the girl even volunteered to drive to them to the gaming shop.

“I just didn’t expect you wanted to go here after what happened.” He murmured as he kept up with her, the girl was rushing towards a particular aisle.

“Hmm, about that. I’m sorry but you were there, and I needed an escape.”

“You mean, you don’t like confronting him. Or being confronted.” Rowoon said, the girl paused and looked at him.

“Dahye, avoiding him won’t solve anything.”

“I know, but I just…I don’t know how to do that.” She murmured as her fingers hovered a bunch of Nintendo games, Rowoon grew amused.

“And, you don’t have to apologize for that. I’m glad you came to me.”

“Well, I was worried for a moment that you’d think it was a soccer game and, you know, Eunwoo would become~”

“Dahye,” Rowoon sighed, the girl gave him a sheepish smile.

“I don’t know how to deal with guys, Rowoon.”

“So, what am I? A raccoon?” He shot back with a grin.

“Squirtle?” She picked out a Pokemon game, Rowoon eyed her warily, the girl puffed her cheeks and put it back.

“No, but you’re Rowoon…You’re comfortable.” She murmured as she got a Star Wars game, the male paused, his forehead creasing.

“Does he make you nervous? That’s why, you’ve been avoiding him?” He asked softly.

“I don’t mean that,” She scratched the back of her head as she picked up another game.

“Dahye, if he ever hurt you, I’ll~”

“No, no. Eunwoo never did anything like that. It’s just that…I don’t know how to reject someone, Kim Rowoon. Now, do you get it?”

The male slowly blinked at her, surprised at her words.

“W—What?” She blinked back at him before moving along the aisle, Rowoon walked with her.

“You were hiding from him because you don’t know how to say no to him?”

“I already said no, but~”

“That’s kind of unexpected from you, but it’s endearing. Cute.” He started to laugh, the girl sighed and elbowed him.

“No, really, Dahye, I didn’t expect this from you.” He said as he jogged after her, the girl put the items on the counter and took out her wallet.

“Whoa, here I am trying to let people come into my life by explaining myself and yet~”

Rowoon took out his card and handed it to the lady behind the counter.

“Rowoon, I can~”

“Consider it as a gift, you nerd. Hopefully it will make you feel better.” He mused at her, Dahye glared at him.

“No, really. It’s adorable how you don’t know how to reject a guy, Dahye.” He said as he reached out to muss her hair.

“And, thanks for letting me come into your life. Sounds cheesy, but okay.” He chuckled as he handed the shopping bag to her.

“You’re becoming too comfortable around me.” She mumbled, Rowoon threw one arm around the girl and pulled her along with him.

“Playful Rowoon. I’ve seen it all.” She grumbled as she walked with him, and then a thought came into her head. Her eyes went to his arm around her and she started to smile.

You’re comfortable now.

I guess that’s good progress, tall person.

“Did I mention that I am needed at a board of directors meeting tomorrow?” Rowoon said as they walked out of the store, he could feel Dahye’s gaze on him.

“Oh. Is that a bad thing or a good thing?”

“A good thing.”

“I meant for you, Rowoon-ah. Is it a good thing?” She asked softly, Rowoon chewed on his lower lip before leaning the side of his jaw against the top of her head.

“I’m..actually okay with it.”

“That’s good then.” She nodded slightly while examining the shopping bag on her hand, Rowoon smiled and just held onto her.

 

 

 

Dawon stepped out of his study when he heard voices from downstairs, he made his way towards the hall.

“Dani?”

“Oh, oppa, Hyoseop’s here.” She called out, Dawon went down and greeted the male with familiarity.

“It’s been a while, how have you been?” He asked the visitor as he reached out to shake his hand.

“I got myself assigned here, so, I’ll be finishing my internship year here. I see Dahye has caused trouble again.” Hyoseop said playfully, Dawon shook his head.

“You mean, she demanded that you come here.” Dawon added with a snort.

“He was meaning to come home, oppa. I only sped up the process.” Dahye stuck his tongue out at her. Dawon rolled his eyes at her and Hyoseop grew amused.

“It’s good you’re in town, Hyoseop-ah. Welcome back.” He said as Dahye poured the older male a cup of coffee.

“Oppa, we’re heading out in a bit. I don’t have classes today so~”

“How about we all grab lunch together?” Hyoseop intervened, Dahye paused and looked at him.

“Together?” Dawon repeated, he noticed how Hyoseop was smirking.

“Everyone. I’ve met a couple of Dani’s friends. And I know, Chani doesn’t count.” He said jokingly, Dawon’s brows went up, understanding where he was getting at.

“You and Chani getting along has always been my nightmare.” Dahye nodded along as she walked towards the refrigerator.

“Okay, let’s get lunch together. And, we have a party over here this weekend. I’d like it if you come.” Dawon said as he picked up his coffee.

“Oh, yes! You should be here.” Dahye chimed in. Dawon was about to leave the kitchen but Hyoseop was mouthing something to him.

“What?” Dawon mouthed back.

“Your friend and the other guy almost got into a fight yesterday.”

“Friend?” Dawon replied quietly.

“Rowoon.”

Dawon paused, he tilted his head at the male.

“Invite the other guy too. It’ll be fun.” Hyoseop replied.

“She will kill you.” Dawon shot back, Dahye finally walked back to them.

“Why are you two staring at each other like that?” She said to them, Dawon kissed the top of her head before finishing his coffee.

“Nothing, I’ll see you later, Dani.” He said before leaving them, seconds later, his car could be seen speeding away from the Lee property.

“So, what shall we do today, ice princess?” Hyoseop hummed at her, Dahye sighed and left him in the kitchen.

 

 

 

Rowoon exhaled as he watched his father’s associates walk into the room, he glanced over to his left as the rest of the company’s board of directors joined them.

He pursed his lips and leaned back on his chair.

“Son,”

He turned to the elder expectantly.

“I know we may not always agree on things,” His father begun, Rowoon grimaced and he laughed.

“But, thank you for being here. It means a lot.”

“Yes, abeoji.” Rowoon replied quietly, the elder smiled and patted his hand before facing ahead.

“Also,”

Rowoon turned to him again.

“I’m telling you this in advance, your mother found out about what you did with Seoul Intercon’s Gangnam branch.”

“Yes? The hotel?” Rowoon cleared his throat, he noticed his father’s secretary was smiling at him.

“I’m not going to ask what really went on, but that’s a good move.”

“Abeoji~”

“I’ve always found those Seoul Intercon people arrogant, it’s nice to keep them on their toes.”

“I threatened them using your name, abeoji. Why are you praising me?” Rowoon was confused.

“It’s your name too.” The male replied, Rowoon paused, his brows going up.

“Rowoon-ah, you’re my son. And soon enough, you’re going to take my position. People will have to know who you are and what you’re capable of.”

Rowoon flinched, but he could only nod back.

“And, I’m really thankful that you’ve decided to show yourself around more in the company. Although, I know I have another person to thank for that.”

“What do you mean?” Rowoon asked, he straightened his tie.

“You seriously think that no one would notice how much interest you have on that LeeSan project, son?”

Rowoon stilled on his seat, his father let out a small laugh at his son’s reaction.

“I—It’s not~”

“Sure, we’ll say it’s not like that.”

Rowoon grimaced and slowly dragged his chair away from his father.

“But, I’m pretty sure it’s because of Dawon’s sister.” The elders said teasingly, Rowoon sighed on his seat and looked away.

“She’s good for you, son.”

“Can we please focus on the meeting now?” He mumbled back.

“I mean, look at you, you’re no longer boring and all~”

“Abeoji, please.” Rowoon grumbled under his breath.

“All I’m saying is that, Dahye’s a nice young lady. I like her.”

“Dahye~”

“Probably doesn’t know that you stare at her way too much.” His father finished, Rowoon groaned and moved away from the elder.

The latter chuckled and went back to paying attention to the meeting.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++