033

Next To You

 

 

“So, how is it? Have you been to your new workplace?” Dahye asked as they entered the mall, she was holding onto the sleeve of his shirt as they walked.

“I start reporting next week. They almost found out who I am.”

“Isn’t that a good thing? Your seniors won’t give you hard time~ But, you don’t like that kind of thing.” She immediately corrected herself when he gave her a look.

“Anyway, I’m happy you’re finally home. Say hi to your mom for me.”

“Right, she wants to see you. She inquired again if I was going to ask you out.”

She gagged and the male laughed.

“Is that Eunwoo guy still being a problem?” Hyoseop started as they entered one of the shops.

“I…hope not.”

“Oh, I see.” Hyoseop mused, the girl sighed and looked at him.

“I really thought we could be friends, you know. He’s an okay guy, we got along well.”

“You also get along well with Labradors. They’re okay guys too.” He mused.

Paul, please.” She groaned as she picked out a coat, he chuckled and held onto her other items.

You no longer run away from him. That crush of yours.

Can we not call it that?

What else do I call him? Your Soccer boy~

Dahye grimaced and moved along towards the center aisle, she was eyeing one of the purses when Hyoseop nudged her.

“Are you really over him?”

“We’re friends now, I think that’s what I needed. To be friends with him.”

“What if he asks you out?” Hyoseop suggested, the girl turned to face him.

“Oppa, he’s Rowoon. I don’t think I should be~”

Babycakes, he’s your brother’s friend. I get that. But, screw that. The guy always has his eyes on you.”

“Oppa, just stop it. You’re making my toes curl.”

“You’re always saying that “It’s Rowoon this or that.”, do you actually think that he doesn’t find you attractive?” Hyoseop questioned, Dahye paused and didn’t react.

Dani, I’ve had guys come up to me because they want to get to know you.

It’s nice you discouraged them.” She said, Hyoseop sighed at her.

I think you should give him a chance.He declared, Dahye rolled her eyes at him, not wanting to argue.

“Sure, I’ll take note of that he ever asks.” She said before stepping away from him, Hyoseop grinned to himself.

 

 

 

“With you smiling like that and Chani actually being excited for this lunch, I’m worried.” Junhee commented as they walked in the restaurant.

“Hyoseop wanted to meet Dani’s friends.” Dawon explained.

“This friend is from Canada?” She asked, Dawon saw Chani and Rowoon walking outside.

“Yes, he’s a doctor and he’s been friends with Dani for quite some time now.”

“I thought you didn’t like him.”

“People tend to misunderstand those two a lot.”

“He kissed her on the cheek.” Junhee pointed out, Dawon’s eyes went to Rowoon as they walked in the restaurant.

“Some people would not understand that.” He murmured as his friends reached the table.

“Zuho and Taeyang are already on their way. Dahye?” Rowoon asked as he sat down, Chani took his seat and greeted them.

“Dahye went out with Hyoseop, they’re probably going to be late.” Dawon said, Rowoon nodded back and looked around them.

“Finals is coming. How are you two holding up?” Dawon asked, Junhee was staring at the windows, she saw Zuho and Taeyang across the street.

“Training’s been tough. But, it’s not like we have a choice, hyung.” Rowoon shrugged, he picked up one of the menus.

“Hyung!” Taeyang said as he jogged to their table, Zuho grinned at Junhee as he sat down.

“What’s up?” Zuho asked.

“Hyoseop wants to meet everyone, and, this is Dahye’s way of welcoming him to Seoul. He doesn’t have a lot of friends in town,” Dawon added, and then Taeyang started to whistle lowly.

“Are you sure they’re just friends?” Junhee mused as she jutted her lips towards the windows. Hyoseop and Dani were walking towards the door, the girl was dressed nicely, a black tube dress that rested a few inches above her knees which she matched with a pair of platform sneakers, while the male looked statuesque in his denim jeans and plain white tee. He had one arm around the girl as they chatted happily.

“Oh, wow.” Junhee murmured, Dawon shot her a look. Chani grew amused at the couple.

“Well, now I’m worried.” Zuho murmured, Taeyang started to grin.

“Dani!” Junhee waved at the two as they got inside, the girl broke into a smile.

“Sorry, we got stuck in traffic. Did you guys order already?” She asked as she gave the girl a hug.

“We just got here. You look good, Dahye.”

“By traffic she meant that it took her hours to decide which bag to get.” Hyoseop commented from the back, Junhee looked at him.

“Right, Junhee this is Hyoseop oppa. Oppa this Junhee, my brother’s girlfriend.” Dahye introduced the girl to her friend.

“Nice to meet you, Junhee-ssi.” Hyoseop said as he shook her hand, Junhee smiled back and sat down.

“Noona,” Chani called, Dahye went around the table and sat down beside him.

“I don’t see Hwiyoung.” She commented.

“Oh, his mother dragged him to go furniture shopping for their Pomeranian’s doghouse.” Taeyang shrugged, the girl tilted her head but she nodded.

“What were you up to today, ice princess?” Zuho asked as Hyoseop took his seat across the girl.

“I needed to get a few things, and~” Her eyes turned to Rowoon beside her.

“How did the meeting go? Did you come out unscathed?” She asked with a knowing smile.

“It wasn’t a field trip.” He replied, the girl laughed.

“I told you that you shouldn’t be taking my words seriously.” She said as she browsed through the menu.

Hyoseop grinned from his seat, Chani’s eyes went to the two.

“It was more of like a walk in the park. With the park being Jurassic Park.” Rowoon continued as he poured water for the girl.

“That’s good progress, Hyundai.” She replied, Rowoon chuckled and nudged the girl.

“What?” She blinked at him.

“Did you have fun today?”

“I did a bit of shopping.” She replied as she looked at the menu again, her brows rose.

“Oppa, can you order for me? Just get me anything that doesn’t have cheese.” She spoke, Rowoon looked at the male across them.

Got it. Anything else?” Hyoseop asked, the girl pursed her lips.

“They have parfaits. You like apple flavored ones.” Hyoseop continued, Dawon’s eyes went to the two and his brows went up.

“Mango. I want mango.” She replied as she fished out her wallet from her purse, Rowoon looked at her quizzically.

“I’m getting boba. Who wants?” She announced, Zuho and Chani raised their hands. The girl grinned and stood up.

“Let’s just split the seafood pasta, and I’ll get a burger.” Hyoseop spoke, Rowoon’s eyes went to him and his brows went up.

“Do I get a say with the burger’s…sides?”

“Criss cross fries.” He replied with a thumbs up.

“Good.” She replied, but then Dahye stopped when Rowoon also stood up.

“You…want boba too?” She blinked at him, Rowoon nodded.

“I’ll go with you.” He stated, Chani leaned down on his seat and smiled to himself.

Dani,” Hyoseop spoke, the girl looked at him.

“You don’t like boba.” She replied, the male chuckled.

“Do you need me to come with you?” He asked with a smile, the girl looked at Rowoon before speaking.

“It’s fine.” Dahye said before moving away from their table, Hyoseop watched as the male tailed after the girl.

“Hyoseop.” Dawon grumbled, the latter chuckled.

“Hyung that was good.” Chani said with a grin.

“What…are you two doing?” Junhee blurted out, Taeyang glanced over his shoulder, the two were already outside.

“Pushing Rowoon.”

“Oh, is that..safe?” Junhee continued.

“Not really. But these two want to risk their lives.” Dawon murmured, Chani and Hyoseop just high-fived.

 

 

 

“Ah, so that’s how you met her?” Junhee said as she picked up her fork.

“Yes, I was there to visit a friend that afternoon. And I spot Dahye cussing in Korean because they wouldn’t let her park at the curb.”

“Cussing?” Zuho chuckled, Dani rolled her eyes at the male.

“Why couldn’t you just park at the basement parking, noona?” Chani spoke, Hyoseop turned to his friend with a grin.

“So, who’s gonna tell Dawon?”

“Tell me, what?” Dawon spoke, Dahye grimaced and she looked at her plate, she noticed the pieces of carrots on the side.

“Oppa, they~”

Rowoon smiled before spooning it away from her dish, she looked up and beamed at him. Hyoseop’s brows rose but he continued to talk.

“Dani bought a car back in Canada.”

“Really?” Junhee leaned in, interested. Dahye was still working around her plate, realizing that the steak was a little too big.

“I had a feeling you wouldn’t like their steak.” Rowoon spoke, Dahye grimaced at him.

“It’s not that, it’s just..dry.” She murmured, he nodded back and sliced the meat on her plate for her.

“She got a GTR.”

“Wow.” Taeyang clapped for the girl, Dawon sent her a look.

“Dahye~”

“Look, cars got boring for me. I wanted something….new.”

“Something that could kill you?” Dawon pointed out, Junhee grew amused.

“She’s a good driver, hyung.” Rowoon chimed in, Dawon shook his head at his friend.

“See? I’m a good driver.” Dahye said cheerfully as she got a piece of steak and slowly chewed on it.

“Are you free this afternoon?” Rowoon asked her, the girl looked at him and nodded.

“My tour guide duties are over. I am. Why?”

“I need you for something.”

“You might want to rephrase that.” She replied and then they both laughed.

“It sounded better in my head.” He said, Dahye nodded in reply, then her forehead creased.

“I want to buy something, and I need your advice on it.” Rowoon stated, then he paused when the girl suddenly leaned over. He felt his necktie being loosened and then it was taken off. He froze when he realized how close her face was to his, he could even feel her breath on his neck.

And strawberries.

Dahye smelled like strawberries today.

“You’re sweating. It is hot out today.” She mused as she handed the tie to him.

“Y—Yeah, t—thanks.” He said, the girl nodded and went back to eating.

“Kim Rowoon, all dressed up for work on a weekend. I feel bad for you.” She said as she looked at her dessert. Hyoseop looked up from his food and he started to smile to himself.

“Do you want some?” She offered, Rowoon looked at her smiling face and he felt his stomach tighten.

“Rowoon-ah?” She spoke again, the male blinked at her.

“W—What?”

“You’re being weird. Have this.” She reached out to push his bangs away from his face. Rowoon flinched but he smiled back at her.

 

 

 

“I cannot believe this.” Dahye blurted out as they walked into the store, Rowoon took her hand and gently pulled her towards the display aisle.

“Why…Why..Why?” She blurted out as she looked at the consoles before them.

“Since you let me into your world, I want to understand it.” Rowoon asked as he stood behind her.

“By…getting a Switch?” She continued, Rowoon smiled and leaned his chin on the crown of her head.

“What color should I get?”

“Coral pink looks nice. But you can’t plug it on the TV, you know, for a wider screen. Personally, I would go for the grey joycons but~” She stopped and closed .

“Oh, your inner nerd came out.” Rowoon said playfully, the girl shooed him away.

“Dahye, continue. I want to know.” He said as he pointed towards the display again, Dahye her lips before speaking.

“You have finals. You don’t need a Nintendo, Rowoon.”

“I want one.” He pursed his lips, Dahye grimaced and called for a sales associate.

“Let’s get matching ones. Red and blue joycons for you.” She murmured before speaking to the lady, Rowoon smiled as he watched the girl. He noticed how some male customers would glance at her and look away quickly.

“Rowoon-ah, do you want a case too?” Her eyes focused on him, Rowoon stretched one hand to her.

“What?”

“Let’s choose one.” Rowoon said, the girl sighed and let the male pull her along.

“Do you even know what games you want to play?” She asked as she looked at the different cases before them.

“What do you play?” He asked, the girl puffed her cheeks and picked out a case for him.

“Remember that one time I disappeared during lunch?” She said, Rowoon nodded and walked with her.

“I was playing Animal Crossing and didn’t want to speak to anyone. I was at the library.”

Rowoon chuckled, the girl shrugged at him.

“I don’t regret it.”

“Of course, you don’t.” Rowoon replied, the girl hooked arms with him as they looked around.

“Wait, you should also get Animal Crossing! Then, you could play Attack On Titan after.” She blurted out excitedly.

“Okay, let’s get that.” Rowoon nodded along, Dahye started to pull him by the sleeve of his jacket towards the games section.

“Rowoon-ah, what~”

“You two are here.” A voice said, Dahye stilled and her eyes widened. Rowoon felt the girl’s grip on his sleeve tighten.

“Together.” Jungho said with a sly smile.

“What do you want?” Rowoon spoke, the other male’s eyes wandered to Dahye again. Rowoon gently pulled the girl behind him.

“You’re wearing that tiny piece of clothing around Rowon, Dahye. I wonder what Eunwoo will think.”

“Eunwoo doesn’t have to think about it. And, she can wear whatever she wants.” Rowoon replied, Jungho smirked and buried his hands in his pockets.

“I doubt that. He will think about this.”

“Let’s go.” Rowoon said as he turned to face the girl again, but they paused when he started speaking again.

“You shouldn’t get too attached, Kim Rowoon. It’ll just hurt you.”

Rowoon glanced at the male.

“Rowoon-ah,” Dahye said softly, she could sense the tension from him already.

“Bother her again, and I’ll hurt you.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++