036

Next To You

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Junhee asked as she joined Dawon by the pool, the male turned to him and pulled her to him.

“You were having fun with your friends.”

“Dahye left. How is she?”

“I don’t know, we can’t reach her and she took Hyoseop’s car.”

Junhee sighed and gave his hand a small squeeze.

“How..How did that happen? Did you guys have any idea that the elders might do this?”

Dawon chewed on his lower lip before speaking.

“Surely, our parents would never do something like this. Abeoji has always discussed things with us, I have a feeling that this is all Eunwoo, you know.”

Junhee’s forehead creased and she nodded.

“Rowoon left too, huh?” She asked, Dawon nodded and glanced back at the party.

“He likes her, oppa.”

“I know, he told me.” Dawon replied, Junhee paused but then she started to smile.

“Rowoon texted, he already found her.” Hyoseop approached them, Dawon looked up.

“How is she?” He asked, Hyoseop grimaced and scratched the back of his head.

“I tried talking to her, but she declined. But, she’s safe, they’re going out to get something to eat.” The male informed them before leaving the two.

“And, you’re okay with that?” Junhee continued.

“What? Dani getting dinner with Rowoon? Of course.” Dawon chuckled and hugged the girl.

“No, I meant Rowoon and your sister.”

“That’s all on Dahye. Right now, I’m only worried what she might do.”

 

 

 

“He said he’s going to win this time.”

“Is he?”

Dahye slowly blinked at his words, she lifted her head to look at him.

“What?” She asked, the male let out a small laugh.

“Nothing. Are you hungry?” Rowoon asked instead, the girl nodded back at him.

“Did you open up an account already?” She asked as she looked at her console again.

“I did last night.”

“Good, now you can visit my island.” She said with a small smile as she logged onto Animal Crossing.

“What do you feel like eating?” Rowoon asked, the girl handed the car keys to him and he grew amused.

“We can just get a burger or something, or~”

“I know a place.” Rowoon replied, he was about to take his phone out when he noticed something move in the corner of his eye.

He glanced to his left and his forehead creased. Then he heard a soft rustling, it was barely audible.

“Dahye~”

“Oh, I’ve been hearing that since earlier. It’s probably a cat or something.” She peeled her eyes away from the screen, Rowoon wordlessly nodded and opened the car’s door for her.

“But, Rowoon, can we get~”

“We’re getting you a proper dinner, young miss.”

“But, a burger doesn’t so bad. We don’t have to go somewhere too far.”

“I’m driving, you can enjoy your game and not speak to me on our way there.” Rowoon said, Dahye halted and her eyes focused on him.

“What?” Rowoon glanced at the bunch of trees again.

“Thanks for coming out here to fetch me.” She spoke, the male smiled and then he briefly pressed his forehead against hers.

“Anytime.” He said as he pulled away, Dahye got inside the car and Rowoon shut the door close. He looked over behind them again and noticed the broken tree branches on the ground.

He exhaled before going around the car and getting on the driver’s seat.

 

 

 

“What a mess.” Hyoseop commented as he looked at the TV, the party had ended, and some of them were gathered in the living room. Still fascinated by the news, and it seem liked people were interested with the engagement too.

Gossip columnists were talking about Dahye and her background, and how the girl moved around a lot as a child.

“You know, she hates this.” Chani commented, Hwiyoung leaned back on the couch and pursed his lips.

“Why would Eunwoo do this? It doesn’t make sense, I get that he wants to…compete with Soccer~ I mean, Rowoon. But, why drag Dahye into this?” Hyoseop added.

“Because,” Hwiyoung begun.

“It’s so obvious, hyung.”

“What is?”

“Rowoon’s interest in Dahye.”

“Really? How did this even start?” Hyoseop continued, Chani smiled and volunteered to talk.

“Rowoon hyung has always been the sociable type, he had no problems with being friends with everyone. But, he’s always kept his distance, especially when it came to people who knew who he was, and had knowledge of his family background.”

“Hyundai son.” Hyoseop nodded along.

“Right. But, when noona came along, he kind of got backtracked by her? I mean, we know her. She can be standoffish and rude at first. He wasn’t really interested in her back then, but he saw she was doing the one thing he always refused to.”

“What? Be rude?” Hyoseop asked, Hwiyoung guffawed.

“No, working for the family business. Rowoon hyung used to hate that, he didn’t want the pressure of it. Noona kind of eased him into it.”

“Oh.”

“And, you know, guys tend to be attracted her because of her looks. But, for him, it’s was her….sunny personality.”

“Sunny.” Hyoseop nodded, agreeing with Chani’s sarcasm.

“And it got so terribly obvious when he would be a little antsy during our practice. Want to know why?” Hwiyoung chimed in.

“Why?”

“There were a couple of times when that Cha Eunwoo invited her over to watch his game. So, no ice princess on the bleachers waiting for us. For him.” Chani explained.

“And, that annoyed him. But he never talked about it, typical Kim Rowoon.” Hwiyoung mused, Hyoseop started to grin.

“And, amazingly, he’s the only one who can survive her temper, hyung. He can diffuse the bomb.”

“I know, I noticed that. Dahye’s actually…different around him, but she would never admit that.” Hyoseop mused as he crossed his legs.

“So, that why Eunwoo sees this an opportunity to get back at him. Very petty, and also highly dangerous.” Chani murmured.

“Because of noona’s temper?” Hwiyoung asked.

“No. Kim Rowoon’s bad side.”

 

 

 

“This is the place? Y—Your house?” Dahye was confused as she looked at the front doors of the massive property.

“Yes, I realized we can’t get any good food at this hour.” He said as he approached the doors, the girl padded after him.

“What do you feel like eating?” He asked as they walked through the foyer, Dahye’s eyes wandered around briefly before facing him.

“Everyone’s asleep by now, don’t worry.”

“That’s not what I’m worried about, my head automatically went to thinking that I should at least say hi to your parents since I’m at their house at this ungodly hour.” She pointed out, the male chuckled and just pulled her to the kitchen.

“It’s okay, they like you.”

“Your mother’s really beautiful, I was actually nervous when I met her.” She said as they reached the kitchen, Dahye looked around as Rowoon approached the refrigerator.

“Eomma thinks you are too. Everybody does.” He said, Dahye shuddered at his reply and he laughed at her.

“How about something spicy?” He asked her, the girl nodded in reply.

“Kimchi fried rice sounds good. With ham too.” She said with a sheepish smile.

“Got it.” Rowoon said as he took out some kimchi.

“Do you need any help?” Dahye called as she proceeded to wash her hands, Rowoon glanced at her with a smile. He pulled out one of the stools and patted on it.

“You can sit here.” He stated, Dahye turned to him as she dried her hands.

“And what will I do there?” She said as she walked towards him.

“Be pretty.”

“Hey!” She grimaced, Rowoon laughed and then he carefully lifted her up on the counter. Dahye froze, surprised with his actions.

“I’m worried because you’re angry.” He said softly, her forehead creased.

“And, you’re joking about it. Are..you really okay?” He asked, the girl chewed on the insides of her cheeks, Rowoon planted his palms on the counter, waiting for her to speak.

“I..I am angry that he did this. And now, a lot of eyes are on me. And that really irks me, you know. Because, I know that I can escape this, it’s the talk I don’t like.” She explained softly, Rowoon nodded, his gaze on her not faltering.

“I’m sorry you’re stuck in this weird competition between us.” He said, Dahye’s brows went up.

“Was the girl from the chemistry division pretty?” She asked, Rowoon smiled.

“How did you find out about that?”

“Chani texted me like…twenty times and he kept on reminding not to murder anyone. Yet.”

Rowoon softly laughed, still not moving away from her.

“It is a competition, Dahye.”

“Huh?”

“He wants to compete for you.”

“I..figured, but I feel like I’m some grand prize to be won or something.” She mumbled, Rowoon cleared his throat, wanting the girl to face him.

“As much as I hate that you have to feel that way, but I can’t let him win.”

Dahye’s eyes widened, she froze when she realized that their noses were almost touching.

“W—What are you~”

“Please choose me.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++