018

Next To You
 

 

Rowoon took a seat across his mother and exhaled.

“You didn’t come home last night. Your father was angry.”

“Should I act surprised?” He asked, keeping his tone light, the elder sent him a look and gestured for him to start eating breakfast.

“He left quite early today because he has to meet with LeeSan.” She said as she gestured towards the folder mister Kim had forgotten to take earlier.

“LeeSan? Dawon hyung?” Rowoon took a spoonful of rice and pulled the folder to him, he started to browse through the files and he paused. A certain name had caught his eye, Rowoon scanned through the papers and he looked up.

“Lee—Dahye?” He put his spoon down, his eyes went to his mother.

“Yes, your father did mention that the youngest daughter has finally joined the company. I met their mother last week; she is elated that Dahye is finally in town.” Mrs. Kim continued happily. Rowoon went through the documents and his lips quirked up.

“Does father want me to be at this meeting?” He asked.

“He told you that last week. You said no.” She replied while giving him a look, Rowoon shook his head and gathered the folder in his arms.

“Tell his secretary that he doesn’t to come here to get these, eomma.” The male stood up from his chair, the elder grew confused.

“Rowoon-ah, what~”

“I’ll bring this to abeoji myself. He’s going to the LeeSan main office later, right?”

“Yes, he is. But what are you talking about? He’s already thinking that you’re not going.” She sighed at him, Rowoon paused and he shrugged at his mother.

“You’re only interested because Dawon’s there.” The elder mused at him.

“W—Well, that too. Please give abeoji a call for me and tell him I’ll be there.”

Mrs. Kim watched in confusion as her son rushed back to his room to change, she picked up her coffee before mumbling to herself.

“Is he..really going to a work meeting with his father?”

 

 

 

“It’s good to have Dahye with us.” Mr. Lee spoke as his two children followed him into his office, Dahye remained quiet.

“Abeoji, Dani should be focusing on school right now, I can~”

“I know you can handle this one. But, since she’s the one who met up with chairman Kim for the whole thing, I think it’s only right~”

“That I see this through, yes, I get it, appa.” She said as she sat down, Dawon glanced at his sister worriedly.

“Still, appa~”

“I already said I would do it, why make a big deal of it?” Dahye’s gaze went to her sibling, Dawon paused and he slowly sat down. Mr. Lee’s secretary glanced at his boss, a little worried with the young miss’s tone.

“We still have an hour before the meeting starts, I’m going to get myself something to drink. Alone.” She stated as she noticed her brother standing up, Dahye picked up her purse and left the office.

She closed her eyes briefly before leaning back against the door. She then, let out a sigh and made her way towards the elevator.

This is going to be easy, I hope.

I solemnly swear I’d try to get along with the Hyundai son even though there are chances he might be another one of those arrogant spoiled brats who thinks money is personality trait.

She got in the elevator and leaned back.

“But, who is his son?” She grumbled, the doors pinged open and she stepped out, Dani was running her fingers through her hair when her phone vibrated in her purse. The girl opened the message and paused.

I have to miss class too. A field trip has taken me. -Rowoon

Her brows, a little amused and then she quickly typed in a reply.

Don’t have too much fun. -Dahye

The girl approached the vending machine and took out her wallet, she was waiting for her drink when she heard footsteps behind her.

“Young miss, Hyundai’s side has arrived.”

 

 

 

Eunwoo pursed his lips as he sat down across his parents, they were having a late breakfast at home.

“So, have you spoken with the LeeSan daughter?”

“It’s Dahye, she has a name, abeoji.” He almost sighed, the elder looked up, not reacting.

“Yes we met at school yesterday.” Eunwoo replied over coffee, his mother smiled at him.

“Be nice to her, she’s a good connection. And, her father is one of our biggest clients.” His father pointed out, Eunwoo remained quiet, his forehead creasing.

“Son, what your father is trying to say is that, it’s best if you and miss Lee get along really well.” Mrs. Cha said softly.

“Is that your other way of saying that you want me to marry her?” Eunwoo replied bluntly, his father’s eyes went to him.

“If you can do that, why not?” The elder replied to him, Eunwoo slowly shook his head.

“I heard you’re invited to their party tomorrow. Make sure to be there.” Mrs. Cha said again as she put more vegetables on her son’s plate.

“What if I only want to be friends with her? Will I get scolded for that?” Eunwoo asked, Mrs. Cha grimaced and looked away.

“I already spoke with her parents, everything’s been decided.” Mr. Cha replied, his tone even. Eunwoo let out a shaky breath before picking up his spoon.

“Son,” Mrs. Cha said worriedly as she noticed how he was gripping on his utensils so tightly.

“I can’t stand this family.” Eunwoo muttered as he put his put his spoon down and walked out of the dining hall.

 

 

 

Rowoon straightened his tie as they stepped out of the elevator, he could tell that his father was in great spirits judging by how chatty he was.

He exhaled and shook his head. He was starting to rethink things.

Why did he have to rush here and volunteer to take the folder to his father? But seeing Dahye’s name there made him curious. He wanted to see how she does it.

And, it also didn’t hurt seeing her at a work meeting.

“Field trip.” He said softly, the reached a pair of doors and he glanced over his shoulders. Two directors from their main office were present.

“Keep your act together, Rowoon-ah.” He heard his father grumble, Rowoon didn’t reach, he simply followed the men into the room.

His father was greeted by chairman Lee and by Dawon as soon as they got in, Rowoon grimaced, feeling a little out of place. It was probably his third or fourth time doing something like this. He almost forgot how uncomfortable it was.

“Rowoon-ah, is this a miracle?” Dawon said jokingly before shaking his hand, the male shook his head.

“It happened this way, hyung. Is this going to take long?” Rowoon asked jokingly, Dawon snorted before introducing him to the LeeSan executives.

“Oh, your son came along, that’s good.” Chairman Lee commented, Rowoon bowed politely before greeting the elder.

“Good morning, chairman Lee.”

“Just call uncle, our families have known each other for generations.” He said good-naturedly, Rowoon smiled back before he was gestured to sit down. He heard the doors open again and some of the staff stood up.

“Oh, uncle, hello!” A familiar voice spoke, Rowoon’s brows went up as the girl came into view. Dahye was smiling as he approached his father with a cup of iced coffee in hand.

“Dahye, good to see you again.” Chairman Kim chuckled before taking her extended hand, Rowoon left his seat and made his way towards them.

“I’m sorry, I was just downstairs to get something to ~Ah!” She jumped when she saw Rowoon appear behind the male.

The whole room grew quiet, stunned at the usually cool and chic young miss's reaction.

Mr. Kim blinked at her and glanced at his son.

“R—Rowoon-ah,” She was staring at him and then at his father. Dawon looked up from his seat, surprised by his sister’s reaction.

“I see you know my son.”

“H—He is y—your son?” Dahye repeated, Rowoon grinned at her before reaching over to take her coffee.

“Yes, right, I heard you two have the same classes.” Mr. Kim continued with a watm smile but now he sounded confused.

“Rowoon…is the Hyundai son?” Dahye turned her head to her brother’s secretary, forgetting that people can actually hear her.

Chairman Lee winced at his daughter's actions.

The secretary slowly nodded at her, Dahye turned to Rowoon again, her eyes still wide.

He winked at her before taking a small sip from her coffee.

“Hey!” She complained, her father shushed her, Rowoon let out a small chuckle before going to his seat.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++