001

Next To You

 

a/n: Foreword has been updated :>

 

 

 

 

“Wow.” The girl said in disbelief and disappointment as she looked at the news, the glaring light from the television screen bothered her, but she knew she had to listen well.

She watched as clips of her brother being dragged out of a high-end looking club flashed before her, she puffed her cheeks and looked at her phone. It was already ringing continuously, she put the device on Airplane mode and faced the TV again.

“I sense trouble and it better not reach me.” She muttered as she switched it off and stood up from the couch, she made her way to her room and took off her socks.

As soon as she lay down on her bed, Alexa spoke up, informing her that her brother and mother were both calling her.

She ran her fingers through her hair before crawling down the bed to unplug Alexa.

“Good night.” She mumbled darkly as she let sleep consume her, it wasn’t until later when she was awoken by her apartment unit’s doorbell going off.

“Freaking Lee Dawon!” She cursed as she slid down from the bed and dragged herself towards the front door, she looked at the screen before speaking.

It was her father’s secretary, he already had a couple of luggage with him. And those bags were probably empty.

She yanked the door open and glared at the older male.

“Young miss,”

“What’s this? I wasn’t the one who got dragged out a club and televised~”

“Yes, that’s why you are needed home.”

“Why? Am I the company lawyer?” She asked, her tone sharp. The male nodded, accustomed to her personality, he showed himself in.

“Damage control. They need you back home.”

“Now, I’m the PR team?”

“Young miss, they also need you to talk some sense into your brother.”

 

 

 

Chani scratched the back of his head as he saw his friends gathered around a table, he had received a text from them, telling him to go to the cafeteria before class.

“Chani!” Zuho saw him approaching him, the younger male looked up and nodded in reply.

“Did you see it?” Taeyang asked as he sat down, Chani grimaced and nodded. He put his backpack aside and glanced around them.

“Rowoon hyung’s running late?”

“He doesn’t have morning classes, I think. Anyway, how’s Dawon hyung?”

Everyone knew how close Chani and Dawon’s families were, and with the news that broke out last night, they all wanted to know if the eldest son of LeeSan Group was still alive.

And not buried somewhere.

“I heard that he was sent home immediately, police tried to detain him but uncle arrived to….smooth things out.” Chani murmured, he saw a tall male walking towards him.

Rowoon was grinning and gave a sleepy Hwiyoung a high five.

“Whoa, you’re smiling while one of our friends were being dragged out from a club last night.” Zuho mused as he opened his can of coffee, the latter shrugged.

“I guess someone had way too much fun.”

“Or tequila.” Chani added, they all broke out in laughs. Taeyang let out a sigh as he browsed through his phone.

“Stock prices are going down. Just what exactly happened last night?” Taeyang asked, everyone turned to Hwiyoung. Well, his family ran a broadcasting channel, actually, two broadcasting channels.

“Someone followed Junhee noona to the restroom and was inappropriate to her, hyung got there. Things weren’t supposed to go that downhill.”

“Following her to restroom is already downhill.” Rowoon commented as he took a sip from his kiwi juice.

“But the dude had to bring in his friends and tried to scare Dawon hyung off, that was when the brawl started.” Hwiyoung continued, Chani grinned and shook his head.

“The famous Dawon temper.” Taeyang hummed, Rowoon nodded in agreement. The boys continued to chat, not noticing the female students staring at them as they passed by.

Chani was about to head to class when his phone pinged, he opened the text.

I’m shutting that club down. I’m already at the airport.

Pick me up. -Dani

“Oh god.” He mumbled before putting his phone back in his jean pocket.

“I think we should start a prayer circle for Dawon hyung.”

 

 

“What?” Dawon’s eyes doubled in size as soon as his mother finished talking.

“You got a black eye, not a broken ear.” Mrs. Lee hissed at him, the male slid down from his bed and grimaced. He had bruises all over his shoulder and cheek.

“Your father and I had no choice but to have her come home, the board meeting is in weeks and yet you pull that stunt,” She exhaled and let out a shaky breath, reigning her anger in.

Dawon winced and looked away, his secretary walked in the room.

“How about her room? She doesn’t like dust all over her.” He said, his older brother senses returning to him. That, or his sister always had that effect on him.

“She’ll be arriving this afternoon. The young miss has requested, no, demanded that you do not have to see her at airport, sir.” His secretary spoke, Mrs. Lee snorted and shook her head.

“Then, how will she get here? A cab?”

“No, sir. Young master Chani will be picking her up, the young miss refuses to see you till then.”

Mrs. Lee guffawed and she left the room, the male looked at his boss.

“What about my schedule for next week?” Dawon scratched the back of his head.

“It’s been divided between you and the young miss, she will be taking all the meetings downtown. And,”

“The school? Have you made arrangements?”

“Yes, she will have to personally come to campus to get her textbooks.” He informed him, Dawon grabbed his phone from the bedside table.

“I’ll have to call my friends then. Dani hasn’t been home in a while.”

His secretary paused, his brows rising.

“Are you sure, sir?”

“What?”

“I’m just worried for your friends. Must you leave young miss Dani under their care?” He blinked at him, Dawon let out a chuckle but he dialed anyway.

 

 

Dani exhaled as she pushed the cart before her, she had packed in such a rush that she had no idea what she even brought with her.

She walked past through the sliding doors and she felt someone hold onto the cart, she turned her head and frowned.

“Wow, you’re glad I’m here.” He commented, she sighed again before letting him take over.

“How are you, noona?” Chani asked before squeezing her arm.

“Annoyed. But I’m okay. It’s cold here.” She muttered darkly, she saw the waiting car and the driver waiting for them.

“Noona,” Chani spoke again as the driver took the cart and loaded her bags into the BMW sedan, Dani faced him, she broke into a small smile before giving him a hug.

“It’s good to see you a familiar face.” She stated before letting go, Chani grimaced at her words, but he grinned back.

“Welcome back to Seoul, noona.”

“Welcome my . Who is this Junhee that my brother would throw punches for her?” She asked as they got inside the car, Chani tilted his head.

“You don’t know?”

“I tend to not know a lot of things. I was overseas, remember?” Dani replied dryly as she pointed to the airport’s doors.

Chani scratched back of his head, the car started to move forward.

“Are you hungry? Let’s go grab a bite, I still have to get back to school.” He said softly, the girl nodded at him.

“Right, school. I guess it means we’ll be schoolmates now.” She nudged him.

“The horror.” Chani murmured, the girl socked his arm.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++