039

Next To You

 

 

Rowoon leaned against his car and looked around him, he saw Zuho and Taeyang’s cars parked right across the lot.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and he took it out, his brows rose as he saw Dahye’s name on the headline as he noticed the article. His brows went up briefly as he read the article and he slowly started to shake his head.

“Hyung, did you change cars?” Chani came up to him, the younger male was referring to the white Audi R8 behind him.

“I decided to a couple of weeks ago, did coach call you?” Rowoon asked, Chani shuddered and they both laughed.

“At this point, I think it’s better if we not take everything too seriously.” Chani commented as he slung his backpack over one shoulder.

“Right, we might~” The two males paused when something flashy rolled into the parking lot, other students were staring. The yellow Lamborghini eased in right beside them, Chani’s brows went up as it the engine was shut off.

“Okay, so before you judge me,” Dahye said as she stepped down from the door, Rowoon grew amused as he looked at the girl.

“Are you throwing a tantrum, noona? With this?” Chani chuckled.

“This isn’t even mine. Not mine!” She shot back defensively, she glanced at Rowoon and she sighed.

“Oppa took my car, and the other normal car we had is at the dealership for maintenance.” She muttered as she walked towards them, Rowoon took her backpack from her.

“I don’t want to be seen next to you today. Bye.” Chani announced before jogging away from them, Dahye snorted as she watched him go.

“I saw what you did.”

Dahye looked at him as they walked.

“I had to put it out there. I don’t want people to think that I was in on whatever their son was planning.”

“You could have used nicer…words?” Rowoon said jokingly as they crossed the street, she rolled her eyes. He laughed and made the girl hook her arm around his. Dahye froze for a second but she smiled.

“Today’s the day. How are you feeling?” She asked as she glanced at him, Dahye paused, seeing the small frown on his face.

“I’m fine.”

“You’re worried about it.” She replied, Rowoon his lips before shrugging back at her.

“Who wouldn’t be? It’s finals.”

“I don’t want to sound like everyone, but you guys are really good. Especially you.” She said happily as they went up the steps, Rowoon noticed how the girl was wearing jeans and an oversized shirt.

“You’re only saying that because~”

“Because you’re Rowoon. And I know that you’ll win.” She winked at him, Rowoon scrunched his nose at her.

“Come on, what do I have to do just so you’d be your usual self? I can’t be the chatty one for the whole day.” She reasoned, Rowoon couldn’t help but smile, instead he simply laced his fingers with hers. Dahye paused, her eyes focusing on him again.

“This will do. Come on, let’s get to class.”

 

 

 

“Your sister is a gem.” Youngbin announced, Junhee grinned from her seat.

“She literally called him out and labeled him as a spoiled brat without having to use the actual words for it.” Youngbin stated, Dawon looked up from his desk.

“Are you going to the party tomorrow, hyung?” Dawon asked, wanting to change the topic, the statement Dahye had released had caused some stir within in the company. And he still had to fix it.

“Must Jaeyoon oppa throw it at a club?” Junhee asked, a little peeved.

“It can’t be that bad, you just have take six bodyguards, instead of twelve.” Youngbin said teasingly, Dawon grinned at the girl as he joined them.

Junhee glared at the older male.

“Anyway, I have to go. I was just here to discuss the SNH deal with your boyfriend here.” Youngbin announced and he stood up.

“I still think I should be sending Dahye flowers or something, what she did to Eunwoo is just…outstanding.”

“Hyung, you’re not supposed to encourage that type of behavior.” Dawon muttered, the male waved him off and left the office.

“I have no idea what got into the Cha son’s head, but I never once expressed any interest in him. From the way I see it, he seems to think that he already owns me just because I went to one dinner with him.” Junhee was read out loud, Dawon looked at her.

“I would just like to clarify that he decided on that engagement on his own. I hope people will stop talking about us. As for my family’s company, LeeSan, our transactions and dealings with KB Financial Group remains as it is, business. I am sorry to say this, but I’ve always seen Cha Eunwoo as nothing but part of my work.”

“Wow, your sister really is an ice princess.” Junhee softly clapped her hands.

“How angry can she be to actually go down to his level and put the spotlight on him like this?”

“That’s Dahye. You don’t corner her. You don’t trap her.”

“And, she’s never like that with Rowoon. That’s why…That’s why you never said anything.” Junhee blinked at him, Dawon’s lips quirked up and he leaned back against the couch.

“Who am I to say anything against the Hyundai prince?”

“Oppa, come on.”

“It’s not…that complicated. I mean, when Dahye arrived, the guys did react to her. They flirted with her a bit,” Dawon trailed off.

“But, Rowoon never did, huh?” Junhee spoke, the male nodded back.

“He befriended her, he wasn’t interested in her like how most guys would be. They became good friends. And it took me a while before realizing that he’s the stomachache Dahye always kept on mentioning.” Dawon said with a small thoughtful smile.

“What?”

“It’s nothing. All I’m saying is that, Rowoon has always been genuine when it comes to her.”

 

 

 

Dahye let out a small yawn and covered , their professor was going on and on, yet all she wanted to do was sleep.

“Are you sleepy?” Zuho nudged her chair.

“We only have ten minutes left.” He added, the girl turned to him and smiled.

“Really?”

“Whoa, you look awake now.” He stated, Rowoon turned to them, amused.

“I’m quite hungry.”

“And,” She continued, she noticed how Rowoon had his Switch on his lap, her brows went up.

“That’s why you were quiet the whole time?” She started to smile, Zuho shook his head at the two.

“I’m looking for new neighbors.” Rowoon reasoned as he planted another tree, Dahye let out a small laugh.

They looked up when the professor announced that class was over.

“We’ll go ahead.” Taeyang said with a small wave as Zuho followed him out of the room.

“You’re in too deep, Rowoon-ah.” She commented playfully as she stood up.

“I…Can I talk to you?”

“W—Why? Are you going to say some crazy things again? At this hour?” She panicked, Rowoon broke into a smile.

“In my defense, it’s just lunch time. And, I just wanted to tell you, no, stop you from choosing Eunwoo that time.”

She grimaced and looked away.

“What is it?” She sighed, Rowoon chucked his console in his bag before facing her.

“I know…Jungho said some things and I just want you to….not listen to him.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t let his words bother you. You can wear whatever you want, Dahye-ah.”

Dahye slowly blinked at him, and then she tilted her head.

“I mean, you can dress how you usually do, comfortably.”

“This is probably your first time seeing me in jeans, huh?” She replied, Rowoon balked at her words.

“I—I didn’t mean to~”

“I wore jeans today because that damn Lamborghini wasn’t designed for cute dresses or my usual Chanel skirt suits. Sorry to disappoint you, I chose not show my legs today.”

“D—Dahye, I—I wasn’t~”

She started to laugh loudly, Rowoon eyed her warily.

“I’m just messing with you, Hyundai. I know what you’re getting to, and it’s really sweet of you to say that.”

“I didn’t want to let him bother you still.” Rowoon grumbled, now he sounded petulant and pouty. Dahye grew amused.

“Come on, Soccer boy, I’m buying lunch.”

“Should I buy you one of those Chanel skirt suits too?” He shot back childishly as they walked out of the classroom, Dahye chuckled in response.

Rowoon glanced at her again before stretching his palm to the girl, Dahye met his gaze evenly.

“I like you, Lee Dahye. But I don’t want to force myself onto you, so, no rush.” He said softly, Dahye’s forehead creased but she slowly put her hand on his.

 

 

 

“Look at you, attending a sports event.” Hyoseop said jokingly as he sat down beside his friend, the bleachers were already filled with students, and the excitement could be felt in the air as the wide screen showcased the team’s players.

“That’s kind of my life lately.”

“Hmm, you mean, your life as Rowoon’s~”

“Let’s end the day nicely, oppa.” She stated through gritted teeth, Hyoseop grinned to himself, knowing his friend, she would rather not talk about it. But he wants to.

“You know he likes you, right?”

Dahye was looking at the field, not wanting to reply. The girl took a long sip from of her grape juice.

“That guy would do anything for you, babycakes.”

“Do we have to discuss this now?”

“You know what happened to Jungho. He crossed you.”

“I know, I was there when you told us, doctor Ahn.” She said dryly.

“Dahye, it was more than that. Jungho’s been kicked out.”

The girl paused, and she turned to him.

“What?”

“And now that the basketball team received so much flack because of him, they’ve been officially disqualified from competing for the whole year.”

“Oh my god.” Dani blurted out.

“He may not be very vocal about it, but he was really angry about what happened. Apparently, he knew of this person following you around, he just never got the chance to find out who he was until, that day by the pool.”

“Rowoon…told me about this.”

“I know. He wanted to tell you earlier on, but he was worried that he might come off as…too overbearing or nosey. So, he kept it to himself, that’s why…this is how he explains it, that’s why he was always around you. Hence, you always panicking around his presence.” He said playfully, Dahye chewed on her lower lip.

“It must have taken him a lot of guts to admit how he feels about you, Dani.”

“Are you guilt-tripping me into being with him?”

“I would never,” Hyoseop snorted, Dahye turned to him and smiled.

“It’s kind of working, oppa.”

“What? The guilt-tripping? How could you even reject your crush? He probably likes you more than~”

“Oh god, I cannot have this conversation with you. I’ll go get us some popcorn.” She announced as she stood up, Hyoseop gave her a thumbs up and watched as the girl went down the steps. Dahye puffed her cheeks as she reached the last steps, she heard Hwiyoung calling for her.

“Noona, where are you going? The game’s about to start.” He was already dressed in his jersey.

“I’m just going to buy food. Good luck, Hwiyoung-ah.”

“Thanks, noona. Rowoon hyung will be looking for you on the bleachers!” He called out before running back to the bench, Dahye shook her head and made her way towards the cafeteria. The girl was about to walk through the doors when her phone started to ring.

“Oppa, hi.”

“Dahye, are you in class?”

“No, why?”

“Can you check if I left some documents in the car? It’s quite important. I can’t find it in my office.” Dawon commented, the girl nodded and put her phone back in her pocket. She crossed the street and headed for the parking lot. She approached the yellow Lamborghini while grimacing, she unlocked the car and was about to get in the driver’s seat when she heard someone behind her.

“Is this your way of taunting me? Celebrating your success?”

She spun and realized that it was Eunwoo, there was a look in his eyes that was unsettling.

“Eunwoo, I~”

“You just made me the laughingstock of the whole country, plus, you destroyed my team, Lee Dahye.” He spat, Dahye took a step back and paused when she hit the car.

“You throw one hissy fit and I lose everything.”

“You’re overreacting. And, you started this.” She replied, her tone flat.

“All you had to do was listen to me, Dahye. And, choose me over that Hyundai boy of yours, but of course, women like you will always go for the bigger fish.” He said with a humorless laugh.

Dahye tried to sidestep the male, but he yanked her back, she grimaced as Eunwoo pinned her against the car.

“But, you can’t escape me. I saw you first, Kim Rowoon should get in line.” He chuckled humorlessly, Dahye was about to reply but she realized that the male was holding onto her arms.

“I have you right where I want you, ice princess.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++