044

Next To You

 

 

“Oppa, what do you think?” Dahye spoke from the couch, she was at her brother’s office.

“I think it’s okay to greenlight JIH for this, they do have branches all over Asia.”

“They want us to let them open twenty-seven stores, oppa. It’s a little…” She trailed off, Dawon looked up from his seat.

“Risky, huh?”

Dawon stood up from his seat and plopped down beside his sibling, Dahye rolled her eyes and put her laptop away.

“I have a class in a bit. Does Junhee still want to meet up for dinner?”

“Yes. You should ask Rowoon to come.”

“I will,”

“But, I’m surprised you didn’t go running away from him, little sister.”

“Don’t start.” She said as a huge grin began to form om her brother’s face.

“Wasn’t this part of your plan? Me ending up with one of your pals.” Dahye muttered as she gathered her things, Dawon laughed and shook his head.

“No, I wanted you to come home, but not at my expense. I’m sorry for that.”

“Well, I didn’t know you were seeing the presidential daughter.” She said jokingly, Dawon snorted and patted her hand.

“Oppa’s happy you’re back. All I can hope is that you stay, work with me, Dani.”

“I…I’m actually thinking about it, I may have a few things to settle in Canada. But, abeoji did ask if I could choose to stay instead.”

“Rowoon is also here.” Dawon added, Dahye sighed in response.

“I’ll see you later, mature one.” She said as she stood up and picked up her bag, Dawon nodded at her.

“I’ll call you if anything with JIH comes up. You’re right, I don’t think we should let them rush into things.” Dawon said as he walked her to the doors, Dahye nodded back while brushing her hair.

“Tell the guys I said hi.”

“I will, have fun at work, oppa.”

Dawon watched with a small smile as his sister walked away from him, the girl got inside the elevator after giving him a small wave.

“She’ll stay.” He whispered to himself before going back to his office.

 

 

 

“The semester’s about to end but it doesn’t feel like it.” Taeyang murmured as he leaned against his car, Zuho grinned at him.

Rowoon was with them, the male was keeping tabs on the gates behind him.

“She’s running late today.” Zuho spoke, Rowoon looked at his friend and nodded.

“She said she needed to drop by the office for work.”

“Kim Rowoon, you got the campus beauty.” Taeyang said teasingly, Hwiyoung chuckled and shook his head.

“What~”

A familiar vehicle rolled in, the Mercedes parked beside Hwiyoung’s car and Dahye appeared.

“Hi, I wasn’t expecting for everyone to be here.” She murmured, Hwiyoung grinned at her before excusing himself.

“Was the traffic bad?” Rowoon’s face lit up as he walked towards her, she shook her head.

“No, I got stuck at the office, I had a lot of things to discuss with oppa. How are you feeling?” She asked as she walked with him, Zuho and Taeyang walked away while making kissy noises at them.

“We have that quiz today, maybe I should have just ditched.” Dahye murmured as they crossed the street, she felt Rowoon reach for her hand.

“Aren’t you meeting with your coach today? Because of the game?” She asked softly as they reached the steps that led to their building.

“We are, and it turns out that even if..we didn’t leave the match it still would have been forfeited anyway.”

“Huh?” Dahye halted so quick that she almost tripped, Rowoon chuckled before kissing her cheek, she grimaced and stepped back from him.

“Why are you smiling? It’s not funny.”

“One of the players for the other team was suspected of using illegal substances, and they found out that he was drunk during that day.”

“Oh, that’s nice.” She beamed, Rowoon grew amused at her reaction.

“I mean not for them, but for you guys, it’s perfect!” She chuckled as they went up the steps, letting Rowoon pull her along.

“I knew you’d say that.”

“I mean, I just feel bad because I know how much you wanted to this match to happen. And if only I chose not to let the munchies take over me and stayed at the bleachers, and~”

“The munchies?” Rowoon repeated, the girl looked at him, peeved.

“Will you let the munchies take over when eomma invites you for dinner next week?”

“Huh, my mother asked the same thing. Dinner at our house next week. So, who goes first?” She replied dryly as she moved ahead of him, Rowoon laughed and claimed her hand again.

“You. Your parents didn’t force you on blind dates.” She nodded solemnly, Rowoon shook his head and just held the door for her.

“Your parents first, I don’t like how you’re not telling them about me.”

“I do tell them!”

“You give them bits, Dahye.”

“They forced me on a blind~”

“I’d like to be respectful and do things the proper way, young miss.” Rowoon said chidingly, Dahye scrunched her nose but she nodded.

“Fine, you do that.”

 

 

 

“So, they’re rescheduling the match to next month, noona. The coach isn’t entirely pleased with us, but…it’s happening.” Hwiyoung said as he walked with the girl, the two were already carrying their lunch.

“It’s finally happening, I’m still happy that one of their players turned out to be~”

“Noona.” Hwiyoung shot her a look, she chuckled as they reached their table.

“What did you get?” Rowoon asked as she took the seat beside his, Dahye eyed his tray and grinned.

“I didn’t know they were serving parfait today.”

“They are.” Rowoon replied before transferring to the cup to her, she nodded before placing her fruit cup on his tray.

“How did you find the exam, Dani?” Taeyang asked her, Dahye groaned before speaking.

“I hate essays. I kind of just~” The girl paused when a group of guys walked behind Taeyang and Zuho, Rowoon looked up and his forehead creased. It was the basketball team, one of Eunwoo’s close friends, Moonbin was with them.

“You kind of just wanted to ram your car against it?” Zuho continued with a smirk, Rowoon eyed him warily, Chani broke into fits of laughter.

“They’re never going to let that go.” Dani murmured as the guys moved along, Rowoon turned to her and patted her hand.

“I have training later, we might finish late.” He said softly, the girl nodded back.

“I also have a report to finish for class.” She continued as she transferred some of her beef to his plate.

“So, I need to go home early. I’d love to watch you all sweaty and hyped up for the game but I can’t.”

Rowoon chuckled and continued eating.

“Is that why you were always watching us practice?”

“That and the assistant coach is total eye candy, right?” She added, Rowoon narrowed his eyes at her, but he was laughing.

“Okay, I’ll ask for his number for you.” He replied, Dahye smiled before briefly leaning the side of her head against his arm.


 

 

Dani pressed her palms together as she stared at her laptop, she had gotten to the lecture hall first, the guys had to get their things from the locker room.

She moved her chair to the side as she started typing, she heard her classmates coming in and she looked up.

“Ice princess is busy catching up. Are you sure you’re okay?” Zuho asked as he took his seat.

“I did miss a few sessions of professor Shin’s class, I don’t want to get on his bad side and submit his assignments late.”

Zuho frowned at her, but he let the girl continue with her work in peace.

Dahye felt someone take the seat beside her, a can of grape juice appeared on her side.

“How’s it going?” Rowoon asked as he put his bag down, Dahye yawned and pushed her laptop away from her.

“It’s okay, I told eomma about dinner and she’s excited. Too excited, would it be okay if you go alone?” She said jokingly, but Rowoon was simply staring at her.

“W—What?”

“Back then, I was constantly worried.” He said as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“About what?”

“That you wouldn’t be able to see me.”

“Really? You think I’d miss you in a crowd?” She mused at him, Rowoon shook his head at her.

“You always had other guys after you, and, you’re the type to not need someone standing next to you.”

“I was about to make a tall person joke, but I guess I shouldn’t.” She said playfully, Rowoon broke into a small smile.

“You shouldn’t sit too far out, you might fall down the steps.” He said as he pulled her chair closer to him, Dahye paused, getting major flashbacks.

“Huh. I used to not like that.”

“What?” Rowoon’s eyes went to her again, she smiled at him.

“I’d rather not talk about it, but seeing next to you is nice. I like it.”

Rowoon chuckled before leaning over to kiss her cheek, Dahye didn’t bother to push him away.

“I like you, Lee Dahye.” He whispered, Dahye turned to him, her cheeks turning pink.

“I know.”

Rowoon smiled and cupped her cheek before facing the front again, Dahye smiled to herself before softly speaking.

“I like you too, Kim Rowoon.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END!!

(2/29/20-5/6/2020)

Thank you everyone! This is actually my very first SF9 story, I hope you all liked it :>

 

030a8483a6ed1f232f6b64cd813826e169ab16f2.gifv