Downhill

You Don't Know Love

As his face got closer to her, Baekhyun being baekhyun, not knowing on what to do, opted to look down, closing her eyes tightly. One second later, she felt his other hand slip underneath her jaws, tilting her head up. Baekhyun internally scream at this, she can almost feel his breath fanning over her's. Then a couple of second later she felt a finger brush on top of her lips that made her she shivered.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

"There you go, all clean."

Baekhyun opened her eyes quickly, face was already beet red, embarrassed of what she was actually thinking. She backed up immediately, eyes roaming around everywhere just to avoid Chanyeol's gaze. Her mind is in a mess, she is not thinking straight at all.

A couple of seconds later, she caught Chanyeol looking satisfied after cleaning the mess she made and since Baekhyun was speechless at his sudden encounter, she chose to stay quiet instead.If she was being honest, she was kinda disappointed that it was not what she hoped to be. Not to mention how embarrassing herself was earlier. All of her frustration was the result behind the pout she's unconsciously making now

 

Of course he wasn't trying to kiss you, stupid stupid stu-

 

"Hmm? Why are you pouting?" he asked, both hands still on her face.

"What?! No I'm not!" She said immediately pushing the hands away.

"Why are you blushing then?" He asked jokingly while leaning back to her again.

 

Why is he teasing me? is he not aware of what he's doing to my poor heart?

 

She looks away for a moment to steady herself.

 

 

"You thought I was going to kiss you didn't you?"

 

She looked up to him with wide eyes, stuttered at the guy's question. Baekhyun was lost at words, she is now panicking and thinking of what should she reply the guy with. Then the room fell into a silent.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

...

 

A couple of seconds later Chanyeol suddenly burst into laughter. He was laughing really loudly at her embarrassed face, going as far as slapping his knee, unaware of the change in Baekhyun's face. "Oh my God Baek! You should see the look of your face. I thought you were being for real for a second there," Chanyeol laughed loudly.

She looked away sighing to herself when she realized that Chanyeol was laughing at her, "actually i was..." Baekhyun softly muttered to herself knowing that he would not hear it.

 

Then the laughing stop all of the sudden.

 

She looked back at him immediately almost cracking her neck, crossing her fingers, hoping that he didn't catch that but on the contrary the guy actually heard her loud and clear, well it was a quiet classroom with no one else but the both of them after all. Although his laughter was loud enough to cover her soft voice, his ears are big enough to catch her small voice too. His eyes looked at her at an instant, "What?"

 

Baekhyun noticed that he was now staring at her with pure confusion. She cursed herself for being clumsy.

 

did I really just said that out loud?

 

She was cursing inwardly, thinking how to get out of the situation. Baekhyun looked around looking for answer, hoping that the God up there would give her any sign of help. Baekhyun is in a deep dilemma. She was contemplating on whether she should confess or not.

 

everything was happening too fast.

does she likes Chanyeol?

 

yeah...

 

does she want to risk it all?

 

debatable.

 

And after some time of thinking to herself, leaving chanyeol hanging with no clue on whats going on, She thought of how it was now or never.  She badly wants to pour all her feelings out, finally confessing of how she felt towards Chanyeol this whole time. Tell him that he has shown Baekhyun things she never knew before and Baekhyun wanted to let him know that she's grateful to have him in her life. But at the same time she knows that their friendship will be at risk, yet she too does not want to hide her feelings any longer. plus Baekhyun is afraid that she will never get another chance like this again. 

 

She likes him,

maybe a little bit too much.

Especially when he's treating her like 

like she's special

 

 

Baekhyun thought of the day she would confess to him but she didnt realized that it'd be happening today. When she finally snapped out of her mind, she found him sitting way too close to her liking, not to mention how he was looking at her intently.. probably waiting for her answer.

 

no, i cant do this...

 

Baekhyun was conflicted. She was all ready to chicken out but when she caught a glimpse of those deep brown orbs staring back at her, she was once again lost in his eyes.

 

Oh to hell with it

 

Without much thinking she leans into his face making their lips touch one and another. When it touches , it is as if time has stopped. There were no sound besides her heart that was beating loudly. His eyes then turns wide, while her's are closed. Their lips stay still against each other but Baekhyun braced herself to take the lead.

 

It was her first kiss so she was hoping that it'd turn well. She initiated the kiss by opening while moving slowly. When the guy was still unresponsive, Baekhyun decided to stop whatever she was doing and just as she was about to retreat, the next thing Chanyeol do surprises her. Chanyeol grabbed her face, pulling her face back to him and kissing her while holding onto her face firmly, as if he was reciprocating her feelings. She placed her palms on top his hands, enjoying her first kiss with her first love. She's really happy, she feels like she's on cloud 9.

 

She tilts her head to get closer to him but all of the sudden he stopped kissing her, pulling his face back while letting his hands go. She opens her eyes at the sudden interruption and saw him looking down to his lap, trying to avoid her gaze. "Did I do something wrong? I-im sorry, I'm new at this so—" She asked carefully.

 

He cut her off, "Im sorry I can't do this."

 

"I-i have a girlfriend." He added.

 

To say she was surprised, she was beyond that. She backs away from him immediately, panicking at his sudden confession. "I-im really sorry I didn't know about that, I didn't mean t-"

 

"Its okay its my fault, I never told you."

 

Baekhyun looked down to the floor, she was in a daze, clueless of what to say.

 

All the sudden, Chanyeol stood up, grabbed his things and head towards the door ready to leave her all alone but with a final statement before he leave, "Umm lets just not talk about what happen here."

 

She's not brave enough to face him so she just nodded while looking down to her lap, heart has broken into a million pieces. "Umm...I gotta go," and with that he stormed out of the room, leaving her just like that as if he's in a hurry to get rid of her. Its true that she doesn't know about him having a girlfriend but for the past few months of hanging out together, he never once mention anything about having a girlfriend. Although he's not obligated to tell her everything, he should've told her that at least but now, baekhyun came into a realization that there's a lot of things she still does not know about Chanyeol.

 

Why didn't I think of it before.. he's a popular guy of course there will be girls lining up to him.

 

She rest her head on the desk, covering her face with arms around her.

She knew that he was too perfect for her.

Baekhyun is one pathetic girl, she's not pretty nor charming like other girls.

She knew falling for him would hurt her but she didn't expected it to hurt this bad.