Please Listen

You Don't Know Love

Only a couple more seconds until her turn is up, the other performers seemed like they're about to finsih.

She peeked carefully behind the curtain to see the amount of audience in the room and it is safe to say that almost the entire student body was present.

 

She felt a shiver running through her body.

She closed her eyes, shaking her head reminding herself that its only a one-time performance.

While looking through the crowd, she spotted a certain person who made her body more tensed than before, successfully in making the situation even worse. The person's presence actually caused her anxiety to rise, not really helping her panic state.

 

Baekhyun immediately retreated to the backstage to calm herself. Her hands were sweating under the microphone she's holding. Not a couple of seconds later a loud cheering was heard, notifying her that its finally her turn to go up the stage. Her eyes went wide, surprised at how quick the performance ended. She took a deep breath to steady herself. She tried to calm her thoughts that were running wild in her head, reminding herself once again the reason behind why she is performing.

 

Baekhyun closed her eyes trying to get a grip of herself, "What an amazing performance by the duet! Up next we got a solo performance and let me tell you something interesting, Its her very first time performing in a school festival! I don't know about you guys but I'm excited to see this! So.. without further or do lets call her out to the stage... Byun Baekhyun!" The MC announced to the crowd while gesturing Baekhyun to come up the stage.

 

After gathering her courage, she walked slowly towards the stage the MC left, leaving baekhyun all alone in the stage with the spotlight hitting her right in the face. She gulps at the stares she got from the crowd, sweat running down her head. Everyone seem to be murmuring something and looking at her weirdly which made her more nervous than she already is.

 

She closed her eyes to clear her mind because the whispering turns louder and its clouding her head in the worse way possible. When she opened her eyes she found her eyes locked with a certain person, the same person who makes her feel uneasy. Her heart beats faster when he didn't make any effort to look away. Funny how, even in a large crowd they still managed to find each other. The guy seemed to notice her condition and showed a worried look for upon her state. The stare only lasted for a few seconds until she looked away first. Finally snapping out of herself, she constantly reminding herself to not be bothered by the guy's gaze.

 

 

Baekhyun has always loved singing, it was something she's been doing since she's a kid. She can only sings in front of the people she's comfortable with but today she's changing that. Baekhyun is a shy person to begin with, but somehow she got the courage to do this because she wanted to show people that she is more than the person people portrayed her as. She'll be performing in front of hundredths of students in order to prove them wrong. Today's performance is something she's doing for herself.

 

She's done being insulted by her classmates calling her names and treating her badly. She had enough of them, she has to put her foot down. She wanted to let the others know that she's proud of herself, that she wouldn't be hiding herself anymore. She's grateful for the friends that she has, without their help and support, she could never be this brave.

 

The performance is mainly to prove herself but at the same time there was another message she wanted to convey. Since she's not good in talking, singing her feelings would be easier to show. She knows that proving herself is important, but she fully-hoped that the certain person can understand what she's really feeling.

 

She promised herself that after the performance ends, she's going to let go of everything and move on for real. She realized that he was something she could never have even from the beginning, and even though things doesn't end with a happy ending, Baekhyun truly wished him the best.Despite the bitter feelings, she wants to let him know that all this time that they've spent together, the moments that they've shared is nothing like she ever felt before.

 

They've shared a lot of good memorable moments together and it wont seemed right to hate him but at the same time she should stop hoping for more. There's no reason for him to return her feelings anyway, there beside him is his girlfriend looking all pretty and poise. Deep down inside she wants to believe that he likes her too because there were moments where everything seemed too real and genuine but of course its only her mind playing games with her.

 

Their relationship is not well known by people in the school. He and her are two different people and if they were to be together it would be an odd thing for the public eyes. She wouldn't even be surprised if he's embarrassed or ashamed of being with her in front of other people, knowing that he got quite the reputation in the school. She has many regrets, maybe falling for him is one of them but how could she not fall for him? he brings nothing but happiness out of her, yet on the same time he's the only person who could make her crumble.

 

Though its only been a couple of months, for Baekhyun it feels like they've known each other for a long time. She would always remember their first meeting. They encountered each other in one of the unused classroom that baekhyun claimed as her hideout... and without her knowing, he was slowly crossing the line that she drew.