Growing Pains

You Don't Know Love

Chanyeol walked baekhyun to her locker as they finished their last practice, beside the nerve wrecking feeling of her performance baekhyun can't help but to think that her time with chanyeol is running out as well. How are they gonna be like after the performance? Are they still gonna hang out? But they don’t have practices together anymore… are they friends now? Or is it just a spur in a moment kind of friendship? Baekhyun’s head scrunch with worries.

Suddenly a finger poke her forehead snapping her out of her reverie.

“You’re gonna age faster if you keep on doing that,” Chanyeol warns.

“S-sorry,” Baekhyun shook her head and put all her stuffs in her locker.

“Are you really worried about your performance?” Chanyeol ask face filled with concern.

“Y-yeah- sorry I couldn’t help it, its been running through my head as the day gets closer.”

“You know what? I got an idea, since we’re done practicing how about we hang out tomorrow?”

baekhyun raised her eyebrow, “Hangout? Like go out?”

“Yeah where we can just chill you know? Let some steam off, just relaxing before you hit the stage…”

Baekhyun tries hard not to let out her excitement, "Okay..."

She let out a faint smile not knowing the giant was supporting a bigger grin than her's.

 

 

 

-

 

 

Before heading back home, Baekhyun walked towards her locker to put her stuffs back.

Just as she was about to put the last book in, her locker was closed abruptly making her flinch at the loud slamming sound, “What's your problem Byun?”

Baekhyun noticed that Jinah was the one who slammed the locker, “Shouldn’t I be the one to ask you that?” Baekhyun asked not being able to hide her annoyance at her.

Jinah scoffs, “Talking back now huh?”

Baekhyun pulls her bag, “If you're only gonna waste my time then I’m leaving.”

Before baekhyun can walk away from her, a group of Jinah’s friends gather a circle around her, preventing her from leaving.

“You have some guts now nerd. What? Just because you’re hanging out with my boyfriend, doesn’t mean you can act as you like towards me. Have you got no shame baekkie?” Jinah crosses her arms.

Baekhyun gulps, “What are you talking about Jinah?”

Jinah laughs, “You’re a liar baekhyun. You said that you’re only helping Chanyeol with his studies but you kept on meeting him! You see him whenever you practice, then you met him while he was on a date with me! On our date baekhyun!”

“It was a coincidence! We met at the record shop, How would I know if he was there?” Baekhyun retorts back.

“I don’t know! your creepy might just follow us secretly.”

Baekhyun sighs, “You know how ridiculous you sound right now?”

One of Jinah’s friend pulled baekhyun’s hair, “Stop being such a smart-.”

Baekhyun winced at the pain in her hair. Jinah moves closer to her, “Do you know that Chanyeol and I had a fight because of your stupid music festival bull?" 

Baekhyun groaned as she tried to hold in the pain, "I don’t get it baekhyun, you’ve been okay being alone throughout high school so why are you suddenly needy towards someone else’s boyfriend?”

“I did not ask Chanyeol to accompany me to the festival, he came on his own.” Baekhyun gritted her teeth.

“You’re smart, I bet you have a lot of tricks you hide underneath your sleeves. This is my last warning to you baekhyun, leave Chanyeol alone because you wont like what I could do to you.” Jinah tilts her chin up.

Baekhyun smirks, “Chanyeol is old enough to decide for himself, he’s not a dog you can order around.”

Jinah’s anger boils up, “Who are you to tell me that?! You’re nothing but a nerd who seeks for attention!”

Baekhyun stood up straightly slapping away the other girl’s hand off, “Me seeking attention? Do you not have any mirror Jinah-shi?”

“You !” Jinah raised her palm at Baekhyun but Baekhyun was able to catch her hand, stopping her from slapping her.

“If you’re such a good girlfriend to Chanyeol let me ask you something. Do you know what’s his favorite food? What’s his dream job? What’s his favorite Disney movie? What he listens to? What his hobbies are? I say hobbies because that guy has tons of them, it's really hard to keep up, trust me.” Baekhyun smirks at Jinah’s surprised look.

Jinah was taken back by Baekhyun’s question, “T-that doesn’t mean anything! We’re slowly learning about each other, I don’t need your opinion about my boyfriend.”

“I’m just saying that you should stop thinking about yourself and pay attention to your boyfriend once in a while.”

Jinah laughs loudly out of the blue, “So what baek? Do you think just because you know Chanyeol better than I do, makes him wants to be with you?”

Jinah friends join her laughing, “You must be joking Baekhyunnie, have you not seen yourself? You are not in the same level as Chanyeol. Why do you think he hides you from his friends? Because he’s embarrassed of you of course! Who would want to be with a creep like you.”

Baekhyun stayed silent for a while making her bullies think that Jinah won the fight, “If insulting others makes you feel better about yourself then I feel sorry for you. If picking up on the weak makes you feel more superior then you should you realize that you’re actually the weaker one.”

“Stop being such a smartass Byun Baekhyun!” Jinah yells in anger.

Baekhyun scoffs, “At least I’m smart.”

“Girls hold her for me,” Jinah commands her friends.

Unlike before, baekhyun can’t defend herself properly as her arms were restrain by Jinah’s friends. Jinah raised her hand, slapping her hand across Baekhyun’s cheek making it red.

“Sooyeon mess her locker up and Haeun go throw her bag.”

The two minions of Jinah immediately followed her order, one literally mess her locker up by pulling out everything that was contained in there, while the other one throws her bag onto the first floor.

“Yah are you crazy?! Stop what you’re doing!” Baekhyun yelled while she was still being held by Jinah’s friends.

One of them went as far as ripping her family picture that was hanged in her locker, “You’re being way too far Jinah!” Baekhyun screamed in pain when her precious things were being ruined not even caring about the stinging pain on her cheek. 

“Oh I can do so much worse baekhyun-ah.” Jinah smiles evilly, she then saw a box inside her locker, “Ooh what’s this? A present? Is it from Chanyeol?”

When Baekhyun realized which box Jinah was referring to she immediately yell, “No! Not that one!”

Jinah pulled a dress from the box making baekhyun nervous because it was a dress that Kyungsoo unnie bought for her. “Girls come here,” Jinah calls her friends.

“Jinah i’m begging you please not the dress!” Baekhyun tries to break off the hold.

Jinah and her friends each pulls the dress from different sides, making the dress stretch and eventually torn apart. “This dress won't look good on you baek, I’m basically doing you a favor.”

Baekhyun is now crying, not being able to hold herself back from all the suffering she has to go through.

Jinah walks towards Baekhyun while she kicks baekhyun’s stuffs further on her way to her, “Don’t mess with me Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun sniffles, “Y-you’re gonna regret it Jinah…”

“Ooh i’m so scared, come on girls let's not waste our time with this nerd.” Eventually Baekhyun was released from their hold. All of them leaves the scene one by one but not before bumping into baekhyun.

Baekhyun quickly makes her way towards her locker to inspect her things. The picture of her with her parents and brother was clearly torn into pieces just like the dress kyungsoo unnie has bought for her performance. Baekhyun cries hard at one point not being able to understand why people are treating her this badly.

 

 

Does she really need to stay away from Park Chanyeol? But that would be mean giving into their wishes…

Baekhyun used to live a quiet life but ever since Chanyeol steps into the picture, things have not been the same.

Maybe Chanyeol and Baekhyun are just too different? Chanyeol…Chanyeol is perfect, and Baekhyun she’s just a weakling everyone picks up on.

 

 

 

I’m sorry Chanyeol I’m not strong enough…sorry Jongin…Kyungsoo unnie…everyone.

 

 

 

 

A/N

thank you guys for the kind words at the comment section :') i really appreciate it! i will continue to work my best~

i will try to update the story regularly so that you guys have smt to read over this quarantine szn<3

stay at home guys :3