New Friend

You Don't Know Love

Ever since the accident they stopped meeting each other. Well Baekhyun still goes to their hideout, albeit Chanyeol has stopped coming. Baekhyun wanted to apologize to chanyeol for her reckless behavior, it was a careless thing to do but at the same time, there were never a chance for her to talk to him. Chanyeol being the popular person he is, has always have people surrounding him and she knows that she cant just approach him while he's still with his friends, it'll bring too much attention.

The next time she tried looking for him, her eyes landed on someone. It was a girl, she was tall and curvy with a long hair and a glowy skin.When she got a chance to look at the girl's face closely, her eyes went wide. She would be lying if she don't recognize the girl because everyone knows her. Her eyes followed the girl as she made her way up to Chanyeol and hugged him affectionately. Baekhyun's heart clenched at the sight of the new couple who are currently laughing like they are in love.

 

Baekhyun her heels, making a run out of the scene because she couldn't bare to watch it any longer. She dashed towards the hideout, stifling her cries on the way. When she reached the classroom, she bent down hiding behind one of the desk, pulling her knees up and finally letting herself out. Baekhyun is scared of how Chanyeol is affecting her so much, she wants to stop this. She wants to get rid of her feelings for Chanyeol because its starting to pain her more than she would ever imagine. Baekhyun raised her head up to take a deep breath, trying hard to collect herself.

 

.

.

.

.

 

After calming herself,  she clears her mind. Thinking deeply of something and finally making up her mind. She was contented on getting rid of her feelings. She stood up from the floor, gathering all her belongings. while sweeping the remaining tears on her face. Baekhyun took a deep breath, closing her eyes and opening it back again to look at her surrounding. She want to forget about Chanyeol, she really wants to but its really hard when the classroom itself reminded her only of Chanyeol.

 

Well stepping out of the classroom would be her first step in moving on.

 

She decided to stop going there, having no business to go there anymore but before she left, she teared a page from her book, leaving it on one of the desk. Before exiting, she took one last glance at the class then to the paper she left, murmuring a soft sorry to it.

 

 

-

 

 

 

Its been 3 weeks since the accident, not that Baekhyun was counting. Ever since the accident, yeah Baekhyun calls it an accident because it wasn't supposed to happened; she has not been going to the unused classroom ever since, so here she is now, after school sitting on the bleachers of the gym after school. As far as she know, the basketball team doesn't have any practice schedule today. Hence why she decided to stay here to get back onto writing songs. Baekhyun puts on her earphone, listening to the melody she composed a while ago.

 

As she wrote down the words that comes into her head she felt a touch on her shoulder trying to get her attention. She jumped in her seat turning back to the person who was poking her while pulling one of her earbud, "Umm... yes? May I help you?"

"School is over why are you still here?" He looks over to whats she's doing.

"O-oh I-im sorry, I didn't know the gym was occupied today, ill go pack my things" Baekhyun turns to her bag.

"No-no you don't have to, I was just asking."

The guy waved his hands at her and continues, "Its just that when I come here to practice I'm usually alone, so I was surprised to see a visitor here."

"O-oh I have mistaken the additional schedule then, I'm sorry for the disturbance. I'll g-go now," She said grabbing her bag.

Suddenly a hand stopped her from doing so. "Stay I insist, it gets pretty lonely practicing alone." The guy smiled at her.

"W-what? O-oh okay then," she looked down to her book on her lap.

"Are you writing something?" The tilt his head as he noticed the book on her lap while taking a sit next to her.

She pulled her book to her chest immediately, "Y-yes, a song."

"Whoa you write songs? Thats cool," the guy was amazed.

She is blushing now, "T-thank you."

"Well I don't want to disturb you, so I'll just return to practice. I'll be down there if you need me." He points at the basketball court.

Baekhyun only nods making the guy stood up and proceed on walking back to the court. Just when Baekhyun was about to put her earbud back the guy called her, "Hey! Whats your name?"

She stood up and yell, "I'm Baekhyun!"

He smiled and yelled back, "Well nice to meet you Baekhyun, I'm Jongin!"

She smiled at him and sat back on her seat, continuing her work.

 

 

After an hour they decided to wrap things up and head back to their respective places. They bid each other goodbyes with Jongin telling her that he'll see her tomorrow at school. True to his word Baekhyun did see him tomorrow, he actually approached her near her locker, asking her to eat lunch with him. Baekhyun was surprised at the guy's offer, they've only met yesterday so she still feels kinda awkward around him.

"Come on~ lets eat together okay?" He showed her his puppy face.

She couldn't say no to the guy's offer especially when he was pleading at her so she just nod at him.

He pumped his fist into the air as if he just won something. He then grabbed Baekhyun's arm leading her to the cafeteria. They eat in the middle part of the cafeteria which caused Baekhyun to start feeling uncomfortable sitting so openly, its been a while for her to eat in the cafeteria. She was waiting for Jongin to get her food because he offered to buy her food. She couldn't reject him because he looked so happy when he mentioned that he's going to be treating her today as a token of appreciation of their new friendship.

She patiently waits for Jongin while looking at her surroundings. Her eyes unconsciously land on the guy she has been trying to forget for a while. He was there cheerfully talking to his friends.

 

god she misses that smile.

 

Baekhyun did not realize that she was now smiling too but all of the sudden she was taken back because he looked back at her. They stared at each other for a moment until Jongin came holding two trays breaking their gaze, "Here you go! eat well, Baekhyun-ah," Jongin ruffled her hair.

She was surprised at his action and sudden nickname, choosing to only nod at him as a reply.

"Its okay to call you that right?" Jongin asked her, both palm resting on his chin.

"Y-yeah..its okay."

"Aww you're so cute Baekhyunnie," he pinched her cheek.

Another thing that surprises Baekhyun,"Then you should call me nini okay? Thats my nickname."

"Are you okay with me calling you that? Don't you think its a little bit too fast for that?" She asked unsurely.

"No! All of my close friends calls me Nini, Don't you want to be my friend Baekhyunnie?" He pouts again.

"Umm O-of course... I guess?" She whispered the last part.

"Yeay! Okay its settled then, Lets start eating okay?"

With that they start eating, it was awkward at first but the atmosphere changed quickly due to Jongin's friendly personality. Jongin asked her about herself while she tries to answer each question that was thrown to her which were a lot by the way, Jongin is one curious kid. She learns that Jongin is a chatty person, even though there's nothing wrong with that. Baekhyun actually enjoyed his company, Jongin is entertaining her with his jokes and stories. She was surprised at how she can get along with jongin this fast, she was thankful that Jongin didn't mention anything about her being too awkward, boring or weird.

 

The both of them were conversing happily,

 

 

unaware of someone's stare from a distance.