Drawn Line

You Don't Know Love

"Baek wait up!" Jongin shouts from behind. Baekhyun finally turns her back to see a sweaty jongin catching his breath.

"What is it jongin-ah?"

"I forgot to tell you that I will be buying some new clothes for my performance at the mall later," Jongin pants.

"I figured out that you'll be needing a new outfit as well."

"Right... I haven't thought of what to wear for my performance, and I doubt having something suitable in my closet." Baekhyun said while thinking.

"Then it's set! you, me and kyungsoo noona will be going to the mall later!" Jongin said excitedly.

"W-what kyungsoo unnie will be there?" Baekhyun asks with panic.

"As you can see baek... I can only help you with your dancing aside from that category, I'm no help."

"I-i know, its just that... it's my first time meeting her so I'm kind of nervous."

"Hey, don't fret! Shes really cool and I bet she'll like you. You guys called once remember?"

"You're right... I can't wait to meet her," Baekhyun smiled warmly at Jongin.

"Then what are we waiting for? To the mall we go!" Jongin grabs her hand dragging her to the school gate.

Once they reached the gate, they run into chanyeol who seems like he's on his way to the parking lot.

"Hyung! heading back so soon?" Jongin tapped him by his shoulder.

"Kai? Baekhyun? Ooh, y-yeah sorta." Chanyeol said as he rubs his nape.

"What about you guys? off for another round of practice?"

"Nah, we had enough of that. We're actually going shopping for our costumes! isn't that exciting? Want to come along hyung?" Jongin said enthusiastically. Baekhyun internally groaned at jongin's idea that he conclude without baekhyun's consent.

"Ah really? that seems fun," Chanyeol state while looking at Kai's hand grabbing Baekhyun's hand comfortably, way too comfortable.

"Yeah... baekhyun don't have anything that fits for her performance. You see, she needs a lot of work- Ouch!"

Baekhyun pulled her hand away from jongin's grip to slap his head instead, preventing him from embarrassing her any further.

"Yah! What was that for?" Jongin exclaimed at baekhyun's sudden attack.

"There was a fly on your head," Baekhyun said sweetly as if she didn't just hit him.

"You're evil baek," Jongin eyed her accusingly.

"Anyway are you in hyung?"

"I loved to join b-but I cant, I'm sorry." Chanyeol ducks his head.

"Hey, it's cool hyung! we can hang together after our next practice. Besides, I'm more curious of what you're up to that keeping you so busy."

Jongin was about to tease chanyeol further when a sudden figure appeared behind chanyeol.

"Chanyeollie~" Jinah came running from behind and loop her arms around chanyeol.

As if on cue, Jongin's question was answered.

"What's taking you so long? you know I've been waiting for almost 10 minutes alone," Jinah pouts at chanyeol.

"I told you to wait at the parking lot," Chanyeol said impassively.

"I got bored waiting for you silly! Oh? hey there Kai... baekhyun." She stares at baekhyun differently.

"Ah... I see you two have some catching up to do."

"Yes! Chanyeollie here is accompanying me to the hair salon to get my hair and nails done," Jinah said as she flicks her hair.

"Is hyung getting his hair done too?" Jongin asked curiously.

"He could if he wants too," Jinah nudge at chanyeol.

"N-no I'll just wait for you," Chanyeol stammered.

"Umm...sounds like a cool date you guys are having," Jongin laughed lowly.

Date? right for a second there, I forgot he's taken.

Baekhyun unconsciously looks down to her foot as she gathers her thought.

"Well me and baekhyunnie here gotta go, we have our own plan."

"Kai, are you perhaps dating baekhyun?" Jinah asked, curious at the closeness of the two.

Kai quickly dismissed her, "Oh no no, we're just good friends."

 

As jongin explains their relationship chanyeol couldn't help but to take a glance at baekhyun and noticed how her face seems clouded with thoughts.

Is it because of what Kai said? is she sad that he friendzoned her?

 

 

"Wel we gotta go for real," Kai take a look at his watch and sees the time indicating them that they're late.

After bidding goodbye at the two, Jongin then grabbed baekhyun's arm and made a run to the bus stop.

 

Even after they left, chanyeol still has a vivid imagination of baekhyun's heartbroken face from earlier.

will she be alright?

 

"Yah Chanyeol we should go right now if we don't want to miss our appointment." Jinah dragged chanyeol to his car.

"Right..." Chanyeol said lifelessly letting her drag him anywhere.

 

 

-

 

 

Baekhyun sat near the window of the bus while staring aimlessly at the moving scenery of the street. Her mind is not at ease after running into the couple from earlier. all of the thoughts she has from before are all coming back again as if It's reminding her of the line that was clearly drawn already. A wakeup call that is like a slap to her face.

It's like Deja Vu all over again, baekhyun getting too comfortable being in chanyeol's side and forgetting where she stands. she guessed she has no control when it comes to chanyeol.

noticing the disturbed girl beside him, jongin hold into her hand, "Try not to think about it too much okay?"

"I'll be alright... besides, it's about time I move on too", Baekhyun lightly tap his friend's hand back in insurance.

A couple minutes later the both of them arrived at the mall and went in front of the clothing store as they wait for kyungsoo.

"Yah baekhyun, how do I look?" Jongin asked as he fixed his hair.

"You look dumb like usual," Baekhyun joked.

"Yah!-"

Baekhyun cut him before hi finish his sentence, "I was joking jongin-ah, you look great."

The both of them continued joking playfully again and didn't notice of another person's presence.

"Am I bothering something?" A sweet voice interrupts their conversation.

Jongin turns around really fast as he recognized the sweet voice who just greets them, "Noona!!!"

Jongin pulls her into a tight hug making the other suffocate in his arms while baekhyun just laugh at the cute couple in front of her. She's secretly jealous of her friend, it's not like she's not happy that her friend has found his happiness but baekhyun too crave for that special person.

"Ah and this must be the famous Byun baekhyun huh?" Kyungsoo approached baekhyun offering her a handshake when she successfully escapes from jongin's grip.

"Uh r-right, nice to meet you unnie," Baekhyun stuttered as she shook her hand back. When their hand meets, baekhyun's eyes went wide because the older pulled her hand bringing her into a tight warm hug.

"Hey, you don't need to be shy around me! I'm really glad I get to meet you baekhyunnie." She released her from her hug while still keeping baekhyun in her arms.

"Jongin told me lots of stuff about you and let me tell you, I am so proud of you for trying to be a better version of yourself," Kyungsoo said warmly making baekhyun's eyes all teary at her words.

"H-hey why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?" Kyungsoo asked while she caressed her hair.

"Nah noona she's just being a crybaby," Jongin interrupts.

"I-im just grateful for your words unnie... it's not easy doing this b-but you and jongin have somehow helped me to realize of how much I should appreciate myself which is not a very easy thing to do especially with people around me who constantly keeps on bullying me." Baekhyun hiccups as she confessed to the two.

"Aww, our baekhyunnie is such a sweetheart, isn't she? Such a strong girl," kyungsoo said while she wipes her tears.

"Besides this is all your doing, we just give you a little push. You are the only one who can decide whether to do it or not."

Jongin came to the two and give them a big group hug, making the two girls to giggle at his silly gesture.

"Not to ruin the moment but you know how silly we look right now?"

baekhyun quickly removed herself while wiping her leftover tears with her sleeve, "I-i forgot we're in a mall."

"Yeah! We were supposed to shop for our costumes not to have some sappy reunion," Jongin joked.

Kyungsoo slapped his head at his remark, "Yah Kim jongin! You are one insensitive cow. Don't mind him baekhyunnie he's just stupid."

Baekhyun laughed, "Yeah unnie I think I realized that for quite some time."

Kyungsoo grabs her arm while tugging her to the store in front of them, "This is why you should play with girls instead of boys, we have more common sense. Let's go shopping kay? I know the perfect thing for you to wear!"

Kyungsoo drags baekhyun inside the store while excitedly points at the clothes on the mannequins leaving jongin behind all alone.

"Hey wait up! I need to find my own costume as well you know!" Jongin quickly trails behind the two girls.