Inspiration

You Don't Know Love

After the first meeting, Baekhyun and Chanyeol continued their study session in the library after school. Every time chanyeol tries to strike a conversation about something disregarding their math subject, baekhyun would immediately divert the talk to the paperwork again. Making chanyeol pout to himself, because he's running low on ideas to approach her, but an advantage to baekhyun's part.

 

-

 

On their third meeting, the library seem more packed than usual, considering how the exam date is closer. Baekhyun furrows her brows as she thinks of another place to study.

 

The canteen is off the list. The gym and garden would be a hard place to study. The roof? Nah wouldn't want to run into 'people' again.

 

"Hey baek, I think the place is packed."

"Yeah it seems like it..."

"Look, this is just a suggestion but what if we study in the old classroom?"

Baekhyun turns her head to him.

"Only if you're okay with it!" Chanyeol quickly finishes his statement.

Baekhyun bites her lips, "Its not like we have other choices."

Baekhyun sighs and walked passed him, heading towards the stairs unaware of someone smile behind her.

When they reach the classroom she sighs at the herself, hoping that the day would end faster. She then took one of the seat and quickly setting the paper so that they can finish it sooner. On the other hand, chanyeol was taking his time, smiling to himself knowing that they're in their used-to-be hideout just like old time. Chanyeol quickly grab the sit next to her, feeling happy of how familiar the situation is. "Okay then, lets start the lesson shall we?" Baekhyun handed him her math book.

He nods and moved his seat closer to baekhyun. Baekhyun's breath hitch and she secretly gulp at the sudden closeness. She coughs awkwardly and starting the lesson shakily. After a couple minutes, she finish teaching him the new chapter successfully without stuttering, "Understand?"

"I think," he replies unsurely.

"Let me show you how you can use this formula into an equation. Do you have any paper?"

Chanyeol nodded and pulled out every paper he has inside his bag.

She grabs one paper, "Umm.. okay, i'll just take one of these.. Oh? it has something written on it-"

Chanyeol eyes turns wide and immediately take the paper off her hand, leaving baekhyun to stare at him weirdly.

"Ah... I-i was bored at class so." Chanyeol face flushed.

Baekhyun was confused at his sudden action, she actually didn't get the chance to read whats on it. She only saw a glimpse of the paper. Its full of texts, so its probably one of his essays.

 

Did he write something embarrassing or maybe something offensive?

She take a look at his face and was surprise to see his facial expression.

Is chanyeol blushing?

 

Figuring how it might be something chanyeol don't want people to see, she quickly apologize to him. "I-Im sorry, I didn't mean to take something of yours without your permission. I swear didn't see anything, I promise. Im not lying!" She spoke in a fast tone.

"Ah N-no! Its okay, its just... its not done yet. I'll show you when its done." He said quietly.

"You don't have to really,"

"No! I want to! I need to... just not now."

"O-okay..." Baekhyun agreed out of confusion.

"Y-you would listen to it right?"

"Of course?"

"I'll finish it up as soon as I can okay? Just wait for awhile." He smiled showing his dimples that never fail to melt baekhyun's heart.

She only nods at him.

Chanyeol picked one of his paper that has no writing this time and starts working on the problems giddily.

 

What did he want to show me? And is it necessary?

 

"baek, how do you do this?"

Baekhyun snapped out of her trance and quickly attending back to his question.

After a couple hours of their studying session, they went to the parking lot together and had to parts ways as they start heading home in a different direction. Although chanyeol was adamant of not taking her home.

 

-

 

Chanyeol went out of the bathroom after taking a shower. He walked to his room while drying his hair with a towel. A sudden thought flashed into his head. He rummage his bag, looking for a certain paper. When he found the paper it was already crumpled but just the right thing he was looking for. He smiled at it and quickly setting it on his desk. He plugged the cord to his keyboard and puts a pencil on his ear. Letting his hand write whatever words that came up to his head as he play a tune on the keyboard. That night he didn't get that much sleep but there was a satisfied smile plastered on his smile through out the night.

-

The sound of a pencil tapping is the only thing that can be heard from the room.

Then a huft was heard

Baekhyun stopped twirling the pencil around her fingers and recalled today's conversation she had with chanyeol.

 

"Ah N-no! Its okay, its just... its not done yet. I'll show you when its done.

No! I want to! I need to... just not now.

I'll finish it up as soon as I can okay? Just wait for awhile."

 

She threw the pencil to who knows where and tries to comprehend today's talk with chanyeol.

 

"Why does he need to show it to me? Its not necessary. What is he writing anyway? Why does he need my thoughts on it? Does he need a feedback on his essay or something...Yeah that should be it but why me? Is it because I'm his tutor so I seemed more knowledgable?"

 

Her questions were put on hold when her phone rings. She grabs her phone answering without looking at the caller id, "Hello?"

"Yo baek!"

She pulled her phone away from her ear to check out who the voice belongs to.

"Oh jonginnie, whats up?"

"Just calling to remind you of our practice."

"Right, when is that again?"

"This Thursday, don't tell me you forgot about it?"

Baekhyun slapped her forehead forgetting about their practice for the festival, and she just had to planned her tutoring schedule for chanyeol on the same day instead.

"No of course not, I was just making sure." She reasoned.

"Hmm alright then, see you tomorrow then."

With that she hung up on jongin and starts panicking on what to do.

 

 

I should contact chanyeol.

Right.

But I don't have his contact.

I guess I'll just have to talk to him tomorrow

 

 

-

 

When the morning rolls, baekhyun was plotting of an approach through out her trip to the school. Just a quick talk, preferably not somewhere too public but thats kind of impossible coming from mr popular. Fine, i'll just drag him somewhere secluded. Just as she reached the hall she spot a certain giant that she was actually looking for. Apparently luck seemed to be on her side because he was alone. She walked towards him and tap him by the shoulder, making him turn his attention to his back.

"Ah baek what's up? We're meeting later right?"

"Yes about that, I came to tell you that Im gonna skip today." She looked away.

"Why? Are you sick?!" Chanyeol placed his palm against her forehead to check her temperature.

She puts his hand away instantly, "N-no I'm not, I forgot that I have something to do today. I wanted to tell you through a text but I forgot that we never had each other's contact before."

"Oh is that so, I thought something bad might've happened." He rubs his neck awkwardly while baekhyun only nodded shyly.

"A-anyway here, type in your humber." He hands her his phone.

"Oh right," She puts her digits in and gave Chanyeol's phone back to him,

"There you go."

"Alright sweet. Hey baek, what abou-"

 

"Chanyeolie~"

The two heads turn to whoever voice it belongs to, and sadly baekhyun intuition was right.

"Jinah? Why are you here?"

Jinah clings their arm together while she pouts cutely, "What do you mean why? Can't I just say hello to my boyfriend?"

"Ah its not like that, I was just surprised to see you here."

She giggles and her gaze finally landed on the girl standing across her and chanyeol, "But why are you here though?"

"Ah— I guess never introduced you to her. She's bae-"

"-Baekhyun." Jinah finishes his sentence.

"You know her?"

"Well of course, she's one of my classmate. Plus its hard not to know her, she's quiet popular you know that yeolie?"

"Really?" He faced baekhyun questionably.

Baekhyun bites her lips in panic.

"That doesn't answer my question though, why are you here?" She lets go of chanyeol's arms and crossing hers now.

"I-i am h-his—"

"Tutor."

Both of the girls follows chanyeol's deep voice.

"My grades been really bad and I might not be able to play for finals if I fail my exam again. Thats why baekhyun here is helping me on my studies." He said while smiling.

"She offered you?"


"No, Mr.Jeon asked her to."

"Ahh I see... well baekhyunnie, I hope you can teach chanyeol properly." Jinah emphasize on the properly.

The first bell rings, and students starts running towards their perspective class.

"I gotta go, bye baek." He smiled at her warmly and continued, "Bye Jinah."

When chanyeol was no longer seen by them, Baekhyun quietly tiptoed her way to the class but failing because jinah forcefully grab her shoulder.

"You stupid , didn't I warn you to stay away from my boyfriend?"

"Y-you heard it yourself, I'm just tutoring him." She looks down to her feet.

"Stop it, cut the deal."

"I c-cant its a favor from Mr.Jeon and I needed the money," she said almost whispering.

"Money? You're not just stupid but cheap also huh?"

"Look Jinah-shi, exam is just around the corner. I only have two more meetings with him and after that I'm done. I know he's your boyfriend, I would never cross boundaries."

"Two meetings. If I see you still lingering around him again after that, you're dead to me." Jinah walked by past her, successfully bumping her hard enough to made her stumble.

Baekhyun lets out a loud sigh as she tries to calm herself down before heading to her class.