Moments like This

You Don't Know Love

Chanyeol opened up youtube to learn the chords and melody faster, he never wanted to finish one song as bad as this one. Only the bridge part left and he'll be done, he smiled proudly to himself. When he felt a nudge on a shoulder he stopped playing and look at the person in front of him. "Hyung you're so focused, I've been calling you for a while now."

"Oh Sorry.. I was learning the song. Do you need to practice your dance already?"

"Yeah, but take your time hyung."

"Don't worry, only one more part left."

"One? Whoa hyung I know you're good, but I didn't know you were that good."

Chanyeol only smiled at him.

"We're wrapping up for today though hyung."

"Oh really? Umm did you get the chance to...you know...ask her out?"

Jongin tried to keep his laughter inside while biting his lips. He pretends to cough trying to use it as a cover up, "Yeah that didn't happened, I guess I was too focused on teaching her. Tsk well maybe next time?"

Chanyeol tried to hide her smile but jongin saw the small grin he was trying to hide, "That's too bad."

"Too bad indeed." Jongin restate his hyung's words thinking how insincere his words are but smiling because he knows the reason behind it.

"Well? lets go hyung, I'll call baekhyun."

The three of them packed up their belongings and head out to the gate after locking the gym. As they walk to the parking lot jongin's phone rings. He took it out of his pocket to look at the caller id, "Hey guys its my sister I need to get this first."

Chanyeol and baekhyun nodded and gesture him to answer it, "Noona! Guess what~"

Baekhyun knows for sure that wasn't Jongin's sister, it was clearly kyungsoo. He would never talk to anyone in that tone except for his girlfriend, "He's weird isn't he?"

Baekhyun turn to chanyeol as jongin walk ahead of them, "I'm close to my sister as well, but I don't act that way."

Baekhyun laughed a little, "Jongin can be like a little kid sometimes."

"Sometimes? More like every time."

The both of them laughed as they made fun of their friend behind his back.

.
.
.

 

"So... you're dancing too huh? What can you not do byun baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked trying to break the ice.

"What are you saying? There are so many things that I cant do."

"Hmmm... name one."

"Well for sure I can't dance."

"Thats debatable, I took a peek of your performance and you nailed it."

"If it wasn't for Jongin I could never do it."

Chanyeol sighs internally, always jongin this jongin that. He's getting kinda tired of his name.

"Yeah maybe.. but you're a fast learner. So as long as you have the basics, I think you can pretty much do anything."

Baekhyun blushed, "N-no... you're just saying that."

"Am i?" Chanyeol smiled at her warmly while continuing walking to his car.

"Yeah, even jongin told me I'm still lacking."

Chanyeol raised his brow

"-but its okay, because I'm still learning so I need his honest opinion."

Chanyeol stopped walking and faced her, "B-baek... do you like jongin?"

Baekhyun turned to him questionably repeating his question, "Do I like jongin?"

Chanyeol only nods while biting his lips.

"I think so...? Do you?"

"A-ah I see...." He looks away dejected while starting to walk again.

Baekhyun looks at the tall giant confusedly.

 

What is wrong with this guy?

 

She begins walking again, catching up to chanyeol's side and thinking why did the guy stopped conversing.

 

 

Baekhyun seemed to be thinking something before she suddenly break the silence, "Ah! I know! I'm not good at any sports!"

Chanyeol laughs quietly at her silly comment, "And why did you sound proud?"

"Because Im trying to prove a point to you!"

He looked back at baekhyun while trying to erase whatever he just heard a while ago "Like I said, I bet with a little bit of teaching you can do anything."

"No, I tried playing lots of sports before but it just ended badly."

"Maybe its the teacher then."

"No... Im just not skillful enough. Though it'd be nice if I can play something."

"How about this, I'll teach you any sport you want in exchange for the tutoring?"


"But Im getting paid from teaching you, so I don't think its fair."

"Baekhyun, you gotta be honest. Teaching me its not an easy task."

Baekhyun laughs nervously.

"Its okay I know that. Thats why I feel burdened every time you had teach me something."

"No! Don't be!! People have their own weaknesses a-and I think if you try to to overcome i-its very admirable."

Chanyeol smiles widely, not being able to hide his happiness. "Right, you're always right. So what do you say? Are in?"

"Yeah sure," She nodded nervously.

All the sudden jongin came between the two of them, breaking their chat bubbles.

"Guys, so my sister just called and she wanted to meet me."

"Then go," Chanyeol shoo him.

"Yah! You cant get rid of me that easily, besides now baekhyun has to go alone with the bus. I can't do that." Jongin said with a sad tone.

"I can go alone jongin. mind you, I'm older."

"No baekhyun, have you heard the news lately? Its dangerous for girls to go out this late."

"But I've done this before."

"Which something you should stop doing."

"Jongin you're being unreasonable-"

"-Well you're being a hard headed!"

 

Chanyeol stares at the two weirdly, didn't they said they like each other? Then why are they acting like this? Is this how you act towards someone you like? Hmmm... I guess crushes makes you act this way?

Chanyeol thinks deeply as the two person in front of him debate about something.

 

"Jongin, your sister is waiting for you. So just go!"

"What? Yah! Whether she's my sister or sister... I wouldn't let you go alone!"

"I can take her," Chanyeol said breaking the hot tension between the arguing people.

"Really?" Jongin perked up while his eyes are glistening.

"Yah Jongin! No I don't need to, I can go alone chanyeol." She faced chanyeol as she stares at jongin intently.

"Look hyung, if you let her go home alone I'm gonna hate you." Jongin stares as if he's threatening the taller.

"Okay...?" Chanyeol replied while backing away from jongin's face.

Jongin's face suddenly turns bright and grabbed chanyeol's shoulder excitedly, "Yay okay!!! Look I gotta go now."

He eyed baekhyun teasingly, "My sister is waiting for me. So ciao dudes!!!"

As jongin left the parking lot, baekhyun scoffs at him not believing that her best friend just left her like that. She turns her back to chanyeol, "Look you don't have to take me back. Lets just agree to tell jongin that you took me home okay?"

"Sorry baek, but I gotta agree with him. It is pretty dangerous to be walking home alone especially at this hour."

"Not you too," Baekhyun walks a head of him proceeding to head to the bus station while chanyeol asking her to wait for him.

When the bus arrived she smiled widely at the great timing and made a run to the bus. The bus stopped and opened up the door for the people to exit and enter. When she stepped into the bus she quickly mutters a good evening to the driver while tapping her card as she look for a seat inside. Thankfully Baekhyun found a seat at the back of the car, near the window. Once she seated she puts her bag on her lap while looking at the street on her left.

"You could at least... wait for me you know," Chanyeol pants while walking towards the seat beside baekhyun.

Baekhyun only sighs at his presence, grabbing her iPod and her earphone to ignore the giant. Chanyeol smiles at her facial expression while thinking how cute she looks when she's mad. After a couple of minutes of the trip, baekhyun felt a poke on her shoulder. She took of one of her earphone to look at the tall guy.

"What are you listening to?" Chanyeol asked curiously.

"Just the songs that I like..."

"Can I listen to it?"

"Huh? S-sure," Baekhyun lend one of the buds to chanyeol.

Chanyeol put one of the buds to his big ears and smile as he recognized the song, "I like this song! This is junggigo featuring that member from exo right?"

"Yeah, Im surprised you know this song."

"What do you mean? We have a similar type of music." Chanyeol shows her his phone and went to his spotify. Baekhyun looks at chanyeol as he scrolls through his playlist.

 

Right... I forgot how we have a lot of things in common. What is actually you are doing chanyeol? Don't you realized you're making it harder for me to forget about you?

 

Baekhyun engage in the conversation with chanyeol again, letting herself be lost in the moment with him.

Just for a few minutes, let me savor this moment.

She smile at chanyeol when he told her a story of him going to their favorite's band last summer.

 

When she arrived at her front door, she thanked chanyeol for taking her home. Chanyeol replied with anytime while waving at her goodbye happily.

 

Baekhyun walks slowly inside her house, closing the door and went to her room immediately, flopping onto her bed.

Why do I still longed for him?

She asked herself while recalling the past few weeks she spent with chanyeol. She lets out a long breath while letting sleep take over her knowing that its been a long day for her.