Happy Birthday

You Don't Know Love

"What do you mean you're skipping practice?!" Baekhyun screams through her phone.

"I'm really sorry baek— kyungsoo noona asked me to help her with her project all of the sudden," Baekhyun heared the other guy on the line talk.

"Ah...really? I guess it can't be helped then?"

"Relax baek, your dance is already great. You don't need to push yourself too hard," Kai assure his freind.

"Uh...right-right. Where are you right now by the way?" Baekhyun tries to change the topic.

"I'm in the locker room, 'bout to hit the shower."

Baekhyun sighs internally, "Oh... okay." 

"Why do sound...weird?" Jongin asked suspicious of her tone.

Baekhyun opted to stay quiet, not wanting to raise any assumption from her friend.

"Is it because I can't make it for practice? Look baek I'm really sorry that I can't make it. Besides there's Chanyeol hyu—Ah! Of course! You don't want to be alone with him don't you?!" Jongin accused baekhyun while shouting at the same time.

baekhyun turns red, "I-its not that! And stop shouting, someone might hear you stupid."

"I'm the only one in the locker room baek chill," the younger one snickered. "I don't know baek, it seems like you're only mad at me for leaving you alone with chanyeol, not because of the practice itself."

Baekhyun defends herself, "N-not true!"

"That stutter is really convincing. W-wait isn't... Let me check for a while—"

Baekhyun was confused when Kai suddenly disappear, "Jongin? Hello Jongin?"

"—Am i right? I'm right!!! Today is hyung's birthday! Wow... would you look at that?"

Baekhyun bites her lips nervously, ignoring the guy from the other line.

"Of course you're extra nervous, did you get him anything? You got him something right~"

Baekhyun stays quiet for a while, which made jongin pull his phone away from his ear to check whether the call is still going.

"I did..." Baekhyun mutters quietly almost missing her voice.

Not a second later a laughter boast through the phone, "Aww our baekhyunnie is the sweetest~ Chanyeol hyung is a lucky guy!"

"S-shut up jongin, you're lucky you're far or else I would kick your right now!"

Jongin giggles quickly turn down. His tone shift to a more serious one, "But baek... what does that mean though?"

"Huh...?"

"Does this mean you still like him?"

Baekhyun ponders at the sudden question thrown from her friend.

 

 

Do I...?

 

 

"W-what? Do I have to like him to give him a birthday present?" Baekhyun defended herself.

"Well no but your situation is different now. You guys hang out more these days, even more than back then and more openly too."

Baekhyun let her best friend's words sink in, "What are you saying jongin..."

"I'm just asking what is your true feelings towards him."

"I-i... we're just friends." Baekhyun answered hesitantly.

"Baekhyun," Jongin calls her as if he's warning her.

"I...I just don't want to get hurt again." Baekhyun mutters slowly.

Jongin let out a loud sighs, "You know i'll be there for you right? Still...I hope you know what you're doing baek."

Baekhyun nods, not fully realizing that jongin can't actually see her response.

 A couple seconds later another voice rings on the other line that she's sure doesn't belong to Jongin,"Yah Kai! You still haven't shower?"

"Should we shower together then~?"

"Dude you stink!!!"

 

A couple of voices that baekhyun assumed as his teammates covered jongin's voice, "Look I'll call you later, Do what you think its right okay?"

 

"—Yah Kim who are you calling? Is it your girlfriend~"

 

"Bye nini." Baekhyun hangs up first when the sound of his teammates started to drown her's. Baekhyun sighs and looked up to the sky, mind seemed to be clouded with thoughts.

 

But what is the right thing?

 

 

 

 

A F T E R   S C H O O L   

 

Baekhyun slowly walks towards the gym, mind still filled worries. She's been thinking back to the call she had earlier with jongin. What is she doing right now? Giving chanyeol a birthday present that she put up thoroughly, even going to the extent with her wishes.

Is that too much for a so called friend? Would she be doing the same thing to jongin? Not quite. What happens after giving the present to him? Is she hoping for something in return? Would he like the present? Why is she thinking too much when it's merely just a present like what she try to convince jongin earlier.

Baekhyun claimed that she has moved on. It's not an easy thing to do. Is she's going through the same thing again? By the same person too? But why does this time seemed different for her. Jongin is right, They've grown closer. Probably more closer than before, and the thought kinda scares baekhyun off.

Suddenly her train of thought were pulled when someone grabbed the strap of her backpack. "Baek, where are you going?"

Snapping out of her trance baekhyun respond to the guy absently, "Huh? Yeol, hi."

Chanyeol laughed when he sees baekhyun's empty face, "Where are you going?"

"The gym to practice."

"But the cheerleaders are using it though?" Chanyeol glanced at the door and hears the cheerleaders chanting.

Baekhyun looks down and thinks for a while, "Right it's friday...I totally forgot."

"Silly baek, that's why we occasionally practice in the music room right?"

"R-right I totally forgot. I think I lack sleep that's why I've been so out of focus lately," Baekhyun laugh nervously.

"Of course you do, so you're not that good at managing your timel huh?" Chanyeol teased.

Baekhyun looked away, "S-stop teasing me."

Chanyeol laughed and wiped out his phone, "Should I let Kai know that we're on our way?"

Baekhyun eyes turn back to chanyeol, "K-kai couldn't make it!"

"Really? Why didn't he tell me...i brought my guitar already."

"It was a last minute thing, he told me to deliver the message to you."

Chanyeol nodded while looking down to his shoes, pondering on what to to do next now that he's free the evening, "A-are you still practicing?"

Baekhyun nodded softly, "Do you want to...a-accompany me?"

Chanyeol quickly shoots his head up.

"I m-mean...you don't have too if y-you're busy. It's a Friday after all and maybe its better for you to do something els—"

"I'm free! I'm gonna company you, I'm free the whole day." Chanyeol emphasized the word free every time.

"O-oh okay! That's good to hear," baekhyun blushed.

"Shall we head to the music room then?" Chanyeol point toward the way.

Baekhyun looked down to her feet shyly, "A-actually since its only the two of us... Do you mind if we go to our secret hideout instead?"

Chanyeol's eyes turned bigger as baekhyun made the suggestion, "S-sure! I don't mind going there...haven't been there in a while."

"Y-yeah me too...let's go?"

"Lets."

 

 

 

 secret classroom 

 

 

Chanyeol opens the door and as soon as he stepped in he coughs badly, "Man this place is dusty." Baekhyun followed behind chanyeol smiled at his comment, "Yeah since no one barely goes here." Baekhyun puts her bag down and proceed to walk to the windows. She open the windows, letting the fresh air in, "Isn't that much better? This place gets so stuffy sometimes so you have to open it from time to time."

Baekhyun sweeps the chair she planned on sitting on. Chanyeol then proceed on taking a seat across of baekhyun near the window to get some air. "You're right. Its better like this," He closed his eyes while he take a deep breath of the windy atmosphere.

 

 

This feels awfully like the dream he had.

 

 

"Anyway, i know the reason i asked you here was to accompany me practice but that's not why i really asked." Chanyeol finally looked away from the window shifting his attention to the girl in front of him, "Then why did you summon me here byun?"

Baekhyun looked down to her lap and grabbed something from her bag. A couple of seconds later, she put a pretty wrapped box on the table with a blush supporting her face. Chanyeol only looked at the box and back to the girl in confusion, "What is this?"

Baekhyun looked away towards the window avoiding chanyeol's gaze, "its a present." Chanyeol gapes and immediately clasped her hands, "So you do remember! I actually thought you forgot." Chanyeol pouts at the end of the sentence. "I d-didn't..." Baekhyun was flustered at the sudden hand contact.

"Then why didn't you greet me this morning when we see each other!" Baekhyun pulled her hand from his grip carefully, "Well there were a lot of people.. it'd be embarrassing." Chanyeol laughed at the cute reaction, "Sneaky baekkie, so is this for me?"

Baekhyun nods slowly, "Ooo what is it?" Chanyeol grabbed the box while slightly shaking it, trying to guess the content. "Well it wouldn't be a surprise if i tell you."

"I'm opening it~" chanyeol said as he slowly unwrap his present and open the lid of the box. When he saw whats inside, it took him awhile to realize what is it, but as soon as he found out he lets out a surprised face, "I-is this what i think it is...?"

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f794a4849533630415f59633769413d3d2d3639323636353839342e313538313636383330633536386635353135313531323739393835392e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

 

Baekhyun then show him one of her sweetest smile, "Happy birthday yeol."

"B-But how did you know? W-where did you get this?"

"Aw come one, you talk about disney movie all the time. Especially zootopia, I remember you going on about it for hours."

"Hey if this is the same pen as the movie's, then there should be the recording button."

Baekhyun's eyes suddenly turn big, "W-wait chanyeol don't press that! I didn't kno-"

 

Click.

 

 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear chanyeol, Happy birthday to you~

Chanyeollie~ happy birthday okay!

Don't forget to Be happy! keep being the happy virus you are 

You are a wonderful person!

May you be given more birthdays to fulfill all of your dreams!

Ermm what else i should say?....Hmmm im so bad at this,

I'm getting sleepy 

*yawns*

-ill just record it again tomorrow..

Night night!"

 

 

Baekhyun's face is now deep red, "I-it's not finished yet... it was already late and—"

Chanyeol doesn't let baekhyun finished her sentence because the next thing baekhyun know was that he suddenly stood up and leave his seat, approaching baekhyun and gave her the biggest and warmest hug she ever received. "Thank you so much..." Baekhyun heard a sniffle.

Baekhyun later on return the hug while shooting his back with comfort, "Happy birthday Chanyeol, you deserve it.. After all, you yourself is a gift to earth."

 

Once again chanyeol sniffled but it was accompany with a soft laugh, "you're so cheesy."

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Yes that pen is from zootopia! >.< since chanyeol likes zootopia i like to emphasize on the reference~