Determination

You Don't Know Love

Baekhyun was sitting on the bench in the school's garden while counting her allowance, "One two three four.. tsk only a  ₩10,000? I'm still short on a couple more thousand.." Baekhyun continued counting her savings.

"Hey baekhyun—"

"Shh!! So If I add this it'd be.. —but wouldn't it ?"

"What are you doing?"

"I'm managing my money," Baekhyun says while writing down the amount.

"Is it time to pay rent already?"

"No, its for something else."

Jongin quietly sits next to her, waiting for her to finish.

"Aw what am I gonna do now?" Baekhyun ask dejectedly.

"What? Do you need some money?"

"Yeah.." She nods sadly.

"You want me to lend you some?"

"No, I don't want to borrow anyone else's."

"Not even your parents?"

"I don't want to be a burden."

"Umm.. what about getting a part time job then? Like, I don't know since you're smart and all maybe you can teach people. I mean, its near finals too, I guess people would want some teaching right?"

Baekhyun thinks for a while.

"Baek?" Jongin calls her.

"Helloo.. earth to baekhyun?" He waves his hand in front of her.

"Yah! Byun Baek—"

"—Thats it! Mr Jeon's offer. I almost forgot about that, Thanks jongin!" She slapped him in the back happily starting the guy.

"Ah!...Y-you're welcome?"

Baekhyun smiled to herself, face looking relieved.

"Whats Mr. Jeon's offer anyway?"

"Tutoring."

"See, I know you're smart enough. By the way, why do you need the money for."

"For.. my glasses?"

"Thought I noticed something different about you! What happened to the old one?"

"Its broken... I might've stepped on it."

"You're so clumsy baek."

"Y-yeah.." She rub her neck nervously.

"By the way! I already got an idea for my performance! I brainstormed a lot last night and came up with an awesome choreograph, Plus I found the right song for it." Jongin said enthusiastically.

 

Right! I forgot to tell him about the festival.

Baekhyun slaps her forehead.

 

"What about you baek? Did you find any ideas?"

Baekhyun take a deep breath and faced jongin with a sorry look, "About that..."

"Baek before you say anything further, I hope you don't mind that I told kyungsoo noona about you joining."

"Huh?"

"And guess what?" Jongin looked at baekhyun expectedly.

"Look Jongin—"

"She said she gonna help you!!"

"—I don't think. WHAT?!" She yelled.

"Kyungsoo noona was so excited when I told her about you. She said she couldn't wait to meet you soon!"

"Huh...?" She opened in disbelief.

"Isn't exciting?" Jongin asked while smiling brightly.

She grabbed her hair in furiously.

Just as cue, Jongin's phone rings.

"Oh look! Speak of the devil." He showed baekhyun an incoming call from someone with a name of BabySoo♡

"Baby Soo~ Pfft stop acting like you don't like it when I call you that, Uhuh.. uhuh? Yeah.. Okay I'll do that.

Hey by the way babe, I'm with Baekhyun right now."

Baekhyun eyes turns wide, hands gesturing him to cut off the call.

"Yeah I told her! What? You want me to give the phone her?" Jongin was now looking at baekhyun.

Baekhyun mouthed 'No' while waving at him exaggeratedly.

"Okay! Baek, its kyungsoo noona." Jongin pushed the phone away to her.

Baekhyun bit her lips, cursing at jongin's stupidity. After a couple of seconds of complementation, she gives up and took the phone from jongin,"H-hello? Unnie?"

"Ah so this is the famous baekhyun my Nini has been talking about?"

Her voice sound so soft. "Uh... Y-yeah, I'm Byun Baekhyun nice to meet you." She unconsciously bows her head.

"Hey no need to be so formal. As you may know, I'm Jongin's girlfriend, Kyungsoo."

"I h-heard."

"I'm so sorry that our first talk had to be through a phone call."

"N-no! Its totally okay!"

She chuckled softly on the phone, "I would love to meet you sooner baekhyunnie. Jongin told me about you joining the school's festival?"

"Ah.. yeah. Well, he kind of forced me to."

"I'll help you baekhyunnie! Like you, I love to sing. I'm currently taking music at my university so I've performed in public places from time to time. Therefore, I can assure you that you're in good hands."

"Whoa you're really impressive unnie."

"Please I bet you're just as great. I'll help you with you performance okay?"

"W-wouldn't it be such a bother?"

"Hey any friend of jongin, is a friend of mine."

"T-thank you unnie, I'll work my best."

"You're so cute baekhyunnie.. Oh no! I'm sorry baek but I gotta cut the talk soon, my dean is here.

"Its okay unnie," Baekhyun said softly.

"I'll see you soon though? Hey, tell jongin to stop pressuring you into joining things."

Baekhyun laughs at her concern.

"If you feel uncomfortable, you could just tell me okay? That kid can be pushy sometimes."

"Ah no— it's okay! I-i wanted to do this too."

"Well, Im glad to hear that.. talk to you guys soon!" Kyungsoo hangs up the phone call.

Jongin pulled his phone away from baekhyun's ears calling kyungsoo's name and pouting the next second when he realized that she already ended the call, "So what did she say? Did she say anything about to me?"

Baekhyun was smiling to herself after finding out how kind kyungsoo unnie was despite never meeting her in person, she still shows concern of her. The call earlier made baekhyun erased all the thoughts of not joining the festival. She was now more than eager to show jongin and kyungsoo unnie her best, "Jongin lets start looking for idea!" She said eagerly.

"I guess kyungsoo noona's words affected you huh?"

She nods and starts pulling out her iPod to see her playlist.