New Plan

You Don't Know Love

After jongin's encounter with chanyeol, he was pressed to find the reason behind his hyung's weird behavior and ambiguous answer. Recently he has been feeling that neither chanyeol nor baekhyun is being normal, they always seem to be more jumpy and wary if jongin asked something regarding their relationship. He could see how baekhyun's feelings towards chanyeol is still questionable since she's been ditching him to tutor chanyeol instead, although the festival is coming up really soon and her performance is not even half way there.

There are also a lot of moments where jongin is sure that there is definitely something going on between them. After spying on them occasionally, jongin is sure that whatever they used to have is still there. The way chanyeol would stare at her and vice versa. Its almost look as if their studying sessions are merely a chance for them to flirt subtly. Too bad chanyeol is currently dating someone right now, though Jongin has not been seeing her presence near chanyeol for a while. Which is weird, cause they're dating.

After trying to grab a grasp of the situation, jongin concluded that chanyeol should have at least a little feeling towards baekhyun. Especially after hearing a short description of baekhyun by him. Baekhyun too is not too far fetch from that So as a good and supportive dongsaeng, he would help them realize their own feeling towards one and another since they're to blind to see it themselves. Jongin is secretly rooting for the chanbaek couple since they are both weird in their own way.

Even though baekhyun stated that she was done with the whole chanyeol thing and how he betrayed her, jongin knows that at some part chanyeol did a mistake but it seems like there are still missing pieces of the puzzle. There are so many questions that he wanted to interrogate chanyeol with but considering baekhyun's request, he opted to remain quiet about it.

Chanyeol is one of jongin's favorite hyung, he's really kind and funny. He too, was one of the member who welcomed him warmly to the team. Therefore he's still adamant about his hyung. So here he is thinking of a genius plan to get them together while holding his phone on his right ear as he converse with his girlfriend kyungsoo, "Ah noona! I don't know what should I do to help them." He whines through the phone call.

"Yah Kim jongin, don't you think this is all in your head? What if neither of them wanted this?"

"Noona, Im telling you they have this thing when they're together. Like a spark? chemistry? Do you get me?"

"Well, they were close before... so Im guessing they should have something in common?"

"Yeah that too, but look at it in a bigger picture. I think baek still likes him and probably chanyeol feels the same way too!"

Kyungsoo sigh, "Fine, lets just say they do like each other. What are you gonna do about it?"

"Uhh... Hook them up together duh?"

"Jongin, what if they rather stay with whatever they have right now? Don't you think there's a good reason why they chose to be just friends instead?"

"No, don't you see! Friends don't act like that. There's this lowkey flirting going on, so like why not just confess while you at it."

"You are not thinking this throughly, you do realize that chanyeol has a girlfriend and that he hurt baekhyun before. There is no guarantee that he wont repeat the same mistake. Plus after listening to her story, I don't want her to experience the same thing."

"Maybe it doesn't have to be that complicated. I know how badly he hurt baekhyun but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance? Chanyeol hyung is a good person and of course I would make sure things before proceeding with my plan. I'm not gonna let baekhyun go through the same pain again."

Kyungsoo chuckle softly and continues, "Wow jongin for once you sounded more mature than me. Fine, but make sure you're doing the right thing okay?"

"Of course I will! You think too lowly of me noona, anyway when are we gonna meet? I'm starting to miss my squishy girlfriend."

"Soon okay? I still have this project I need to finish for class."

Jongin pouts at her reply, "Okay... then I'll call you soon?"

"Yeah bye jonginnie."

Jongin said goodbye while giggling to himself thinking of how lucky he is to have a cute girlfriend. People might just see her as the scary looking girl with her deadly stare but all jongin see is just one squishy big doe eye penguin.

Man he's whipped for kyungsoo.

When he hung up his phone, he looked up and found his first target of the day. He run up to a certain giant, startling him from behind.

"Hyung!"

Chanyeol jumps when jongin suddenly appears behind him.

He hold his chest while steadying his breathing again, "Yah I told you not to surprise me! You know how jumpy I can get."

Jongin laughed but said sorry afterwards.

"So... whats up?" Chanyeol said after regaining himself.

"I've been thinking about our conversation yesterday and I guess you're right hyung."

"Which part am I right again?"

"About liking baekhyun of course!"

"Ah...W-what about it?" Chanyeol asked awkwardly while trying to look normal as he lean his elbow on the locker but failed because he slipped.

"Well, since I realized that I like her. I decided to court her!" Jongin smile teasingly.

"W-what?" Chanyeol is already gaping at him,

"Yeah she's actually pretty cool, I have to agree with you hyung. You know what? I'm gonna ask her on a date right now!"

Jongin took a couple step ahead but his arm was grabbed by chanyeol abruptly, "Whats with the r-rush?"

Jongin smirks, "Isn't the sooner the better?"

"NO! no. Of course not! Jongin you're inexperienced on dating and let me tell you, girls hate it when you rush things."

"I'm just asking her out though? Plus I've known her for a while so I don't think its too fast?"

"No, you gotta listen to me! Girls just want something casual, preferably something not too serious b-because they will be... burdened by it."

 

Is this hyung trying too hard or is he just plain stupid? Its a common fact that girls want to know where they stand in a relationship. No wonder baekhyun was so sad when hyung was being too clueless of her feelings. Calm down jongin, this is why you're here. To help him.

 

"And where'd you get that idea from hyung?" He cross his arms.

"I know so! Because I'm in a relationship right now so I'm more experienced than you."

 

Little did he know I'm in a one year relationship.

 

"Hyung its your first relationship, and you just started not too long ago."

"Still better than nothing."

Jongin smiled knowing why chanyeol is being a hard headed right now, "Fine, but you're helping me on asking her out okay?"

"Y-yeah okay, just take your time."

"Thanks hyung! Oh look at the time, I gotta go see baekhyun, we have to practice for our performance."

"Oh.. Is that so?"

Jongin nods, "Well see ya hyung!" He then run towards the school gym to meet up with baekhyun.