Apologizing

You Don't Know Love

Chanyeol ran away from the cafeteria, trying to recall where she might've went. Baekhyun is a fast runner, chanyeol gotta admit that. When he was thinking of her whereabouts, he saw Kai looking out of breath. He immediately approach kai, poking his shoulder, gaining the other's attention.

"Um.. Kai hey, I wanted let you to know that what Kris said earlier was uncool. I'm not apart of whatever kris is trying to achieve. I told him to let you guys be but you know how kris are," He scratched the back of his neck.

"huh? Oh yeah.. its okay hyung, I'm just worried over Baekhyun."

"Yeah, right.. how's your friend by the way? Did you find her?" Chanyeol tried to ask as natural as possible.

"Thats the thing hyung, I've been looking for her everywhere but she's still missing. She shouldn't be too far from the cafeteria right? Aw man did I checked every corner of the School?"

An imaginary light bulb popped out of chanyeol's head.

"Is she okay? oh my god, she's not even answering my calls!" Kai furiously type something on his phone.

 "Umm.. look Kai I have errands to run, so i'll be heading off now but good luck on her finding though!" Chanyeol waved at kai and ran quickly escaping kai, and heads to the place that only the both of them knows. 

 

He is 99% sure that Baekhyun would be there. As he stood in front of the door, he calmed his breathing first before going in. He slides the door slowly, looking around for a certain person. His guts was right, he smiled when he spot a girl crouching behind a desk. When his foot steps become obvious, baekhyun's head snapped up.

Chanyeol saw her surprised face when he spot him and she quickly wiped her tears, "W-what are you doing here?" She asked with a hoarse voice while standing up.

Gathering his courage, chanyeol stepped closer to her, "A-are you okay?"

"Stop, don't step any more closer," She said sternly.

"What?" Chanyeol was confused of her figure retreating away from him as if he's some kind of monster.

"Just go, you don't want people to find out that you're here hanging out with a nerd."

"What? No one knows about this place."

"-and it should stay that way, so I advised you to get out."

"Why are you like this?" Chanyeol asked in all seriousness.

"Why are you like them?!" Baekhyun yelled.

Chanyeol was taken back by Baekhyun's sudden outburst. Chanyeol was offended at Baekhyun's accusation when he was actually worried of her, "What the baekhyun? I'm just trying to help you."

"I don't need your help okay? I don't want your pity," He saw how her eyes were tearing up.

She walked away from him, trying to get out of the classroom but Chanyeol grabbed her arm. He was hesitating but his curiosity gets the best of him, "Baekhyun.. what.. what happened to us?"

"Really?" She removed chanyeols grip on her arm and continued, "Look Chanyeol.. first of all, I wanted to apologize. I am sorry for what i did, for kissing you out of the blue. I've wanted to apologize to you properly but I never got the chance to. There were many times when I tried to approach you but it just seemed like you're avoiding me on purpose."

She braced herself to continue again, "Then I came to realize something. something I've been feeling for a while but i just chose to ignore it."

She paused for awhile.

"You...You're ashamed of me right?"

Chanyeol was taken back by the question, "H-huh w-what?"

Baekhyun smiled sadly, "I-its okay I know myself, its not a surprise that you thought of me that way too. Many people have been treating me this way since school starts anyway, by now I'm already used to it."

Chanyeol felt bad, why didn't he had the initiative to ask baekhyun about this a long time ago? Just because their friendship remained behind the door, doesn't mean chanyeol should care any less about Baekhyun. Yes they are in a different class but for him not to know about this information is just something completely ignorant.

"But you chanyeol... you made me think that you're different," She took of her glasses to wipe her tears.

Once again Chanyeol felt horrible.

"I-if you would've just- just treated me badly from the start, then it wouldn't hurt as much," She stared at him with sadness.

"I-i know I'm not like the other girls, I'm weird and ugly but you gave me that hope that Its okay to be myself, when in reality its not and will never be."

Chanyeol was thrown off at what she said. Why did she she thinks of herself that lowly, did Chanyeol really did this to her?

"So please, just leave me alone. Don't try to help me or anything else. Lets just pretend not to know each other."

Baekhyun then run away from the classroom, leaving chanyeol all alone in there. When Baekhyun left, he fell down to the floor grabbing his hair in frustration. He screamed, yelling rofanities, cursing at himself for being stupid. He didn't mean to hurt her, he never had the intention to. Baekhyun has been nothing but an angel to him, but he just had to wreck baekhyun. He stood up to kick the chairs causing them to fall on the ground. He knew he was at fault, maybe kissing her back was one too.

Avoiding her and letting Kris talk about her was his fault too. He was frustrated at himself, he doesn't even know what he's doing. After calming himself chanyeol made up his mind, if Baekhyun wanted to him to leave her alone he would do as she say. He wont let his stupid brain make another irrational decisions. 


 

.

.

.


 

"Chanyeol.. chanyeol?"

Chanyeol smiled, recalling how her soft voice would call his name sweetly.

"Chanyeol! The light is green already! The car behind us have been honking!" Baekhyun nudge Chanyeol.

"Huh? Oh fu-" Thats right, he was driving Baekhyun home. Once again he let his thoughts wonder around.

He continues driving Baekhyun back to her house following her direction. When they reached her place, Chanyeol turned off the engine of his car opening his door, getting out of the car to open Baekhyun's door. He helps baekhyun walk to the door.

"Well thank you for helping me with everything Chanyeol."

"Yeah no problem.." Chanyeol looked away with a gloomy face.

"Well I'll be heading in now, goodnight."

"W-wait Baekhyun," Chanyeol interrupts.

Baekhyun turns her head back looking at Chanyeol carefully.

She was actually scared of what Chanyeol about to say. Cause at this point, anything chanyeol say could affect her in any way, "Y-yeah?"

Chanyeol took a step closer to her and stood closely in front of her, Baekhyun only stares at him back waiting for him to speak. Chanyeol then hugged Baekhyun out of the blue startling Baekhyun, "C-chanyeol?"

"Please listen to me this time, I promise that I wont bother you ever again."

She could only nod at him because Chanyeol made her lean her head onto his broad chest making her unable to talk, When honestly she has nothing to complain about since everything seems very fitting. Chanyeol looked down on her and chuckled at their height difference. She's really small and somehow Chanyeol couldn't help but to think how she fits so perfectly in his arms. When Chanyeol is holding her like this, it made her feel protected from anything. She felt safe in his arms, when in reality she should be protecting herself from him.

"First of all, i'd like to apologize.. I'm sorry for everything," he said regrettably.

He sighs and continues, "I'm sorry for leaving you that day at the classroom without any explanation. I'm sorry for avoiding you after the accident. I'm sorry for not standing up for you in the cafeteria. And most of all, I'm sorry for making think so lowly of yourself."

Chanyeol caress Baekhyun's hair slowly, "Im sorry I've been the worst friend or whatever you want to call me. When you mentioned about how you were insulted by the other students, I felt really angry at myself for not knowing about it. I'm such an ignorant person and stupid, while you have been nothing but kind and caring towards me. I could never forgive myself for doing such things but Baekhyun I can promise you that I never meant to hurt you on purpose."

Chanyeol took a deep breath, "I hope you can consider my apology, although I understand if you choose not to. I'm gonna do what you asked me to do, so that you'll hate me less," He whispers the last part.

"I'll leave you alone, I won't bother you any longer."

Baekhyun can hear Chanyeol's heartbeat that was beating too loud.

"A-and I hope that Kai is treating you well," She looked up to him and Chanyeol stares back at her, gaze landed on her small crescent eyes that are glistening, then moving down to her pink kissable lips. He shook his head trying to restrain himself from doing something stupid again. 

He then let go of Baekhyun, breaking the hug. "Umm well goodnight baek, sweet dreams."

Chanyeol walked away from her door, returning to his car. Baekhyun can't help but to feel empty, she longed for the warmth that she had a couple of minutes ago. She stares at the tall figure slowly making his way to his car, knowing that this is gonna be the last time they're gonna talk. Its the end of the road.

She reply him in a quiet voice, "Night Chanyeol."