Game On

You Don't Know Love

Chanyeol was still thinking of yesterday's event with baekhyun. He couldn't help but to shake off the thought of not talking to baekhyun ever again. He knew that he made a promise of not bothering her, but its easier said than done. He badly wants to mend their relationship, wanting to be friends with her again. He miss talking about music or any other topics with her.

Sometimes, he felt like baekhyun is the only person who gets him. though he can't say the same about baekhyun herself. For these past few months of being friends with her, Chanyeol realizes that there's not much things he knew about baekhyun. If only chanyeol used the time to properly know her better but theres nothing to achieve out of regretting anyway. Chanyeol snapped out of his mind when he heard Baekhyun's name being mentioned by someone at his table.

"Yeah that Baekhyun Kid is manipulating Kai." Kris stated.

"I don't get Kai, she's not even hot," Sehun commented on him.

"Thats what I said yesterday, right Yeol?!" Kris shoot him a look.

Chanyeol glared at him, "Shut up kris."

"Yo the man?" Kris furrow his brows.

"Grow up already, stop bullying people. Don't you have anything better to do?" Chanyeol pushed his tray away, his appetite was long gone.

He stood up from the chair, leaving abruptly. Making the others weirded-out by the sudden outburst. They could only stare at his back going away from the table. choosing to stay quiet, not wanting to push chanyeol's buttons anymore further.

"I swear Kai was like that too yesterday! I don't get what's happening. I think that girl put a spell on them."

"Lets just not talk about the girl again. It seems like a sensitive topic for the both of them," Minseok suggested wisely.

The other teammates nodded, going with the suggestion recommended by the oldest hyung.

 

-

 

Chanyeol wanted to go home but he still have practice to attend. Knowing that he'll see his teammates again kinda irritates him. He huffed and decided to go to gym to practice first, hoping that it can release his stress. When he enters the gym he heard someone bickering. He sighs in annoyance, wanting to have some time alone but the gym was occupied instead. He turns his back to walk away but stopping when he heard a familiar voice.

He closed the door silently, walking carefully so that his presence remains unknown. Chanyeol then sat on the edge of the lower part of the bleachers, where he's covered by the wall and railings. After sitting himself, he listens carefully to the conversation of the two students who are sitting on the bleachers. When he was eavesdropping them, He heard baekhyun telling the story of yesterday's accident to Kai.

"Why were you running anyway?"

"Uhh.. there was a new episode of one piece."

chanyeol stares weirdly at baekhyun's face when she mentioned the reason behind her rushing out of the place.

really.. one piece? She likes them? 

chanyeol smiled to himself knowing that someone else likes the same anime as him, Although It was a stupid reason to hurt herself for, Baekhyun is indeed silly.

 

"-But seriously though, are you okay? Did someone help you? Did you go to infirmary immediately?"

"Well... someone did helped me since I can't really walk by myself."

Chanyeol was nervous, is she going to mention about him being the one to help her yesterday?

"Phew, thank God there are still kind people out there," Kai replied.

"Yeah I guess..."

Chanyeol couldn't contain his smile when he saw baekhyun smiling knowing its because of him. He continues listening to them closely, secretly wanting to be in Kai's position. They continued talking, but once Kai started singing, Chanyeol heard baekhyun's laughter. Something that he hasn't heard in awhile, he almost forgot how endearing her voice is. Hearing baekhyun laugh and looking at baekhyun smiling again put his heart at ease. He don't want to see baekhyun being sad ever again, especially after what he did. So if leaving her side is what makes her happy then so be it. He rather be the one suffering than being the one to make her suffer.

When he heard a sound of footstep shuffling, he quickly retreats from his seat and run to the locker room. He waits for awhile in there and exits the locker room looking like he just got out from the it, so that he's teammates wont suspect a thing. When he smoothly walks back towards his teammates, he realizes that all of the member's attention are diverted to someone else. Someone else with a name of kai who was casually twerking on the bleachers with baekhyun laughing besides him. He is jealous of kai indeed but looking at his idiotic dancing made him forgot about his jealousy. His teammates and coach looked at him with shame.

When the coach had enough he yelled at him, "Yah! Kim Kai what the hell are you doing!?"

Kai looked back to where the voice was coming from and smiled at the people down at the court.

"Hey guys~ I was just warming up! You guys know how much I love to dance as much as I love basketball."

"Whatever you say, Just get you down here Kim, practice is going to start soon."

"Aye aye coach," He salutes to the coach making his coach shakes his head helplessly.

Kai turns to gather his belongings while talking with baekhyun.

Chanyeol sigh at the sight, he turn his back on them focusing on practice instead.

Chanyeol noticed that baekhyun stayed in the gym, calming his bad mood.

When kai arrived at the court the coach announce, "Okay guys lets do a warm up."

The coach then pulled kai by the neck eyeing him while whispering loud enough for the others to hear, "Properly this time."

After a good 10 minutes of warming up the coach ask them to divide the team into two. When they have chosen the player, Kai and chanyeol were separated into different team. After discussing about the position for each player, they later on stand in their own perspective places, placing Kai and Chanyeol in the front.

The coach then blow the whistle indicating the start of the first round. When the ball was thrown into the air, Chanyeol jumped and successfully catching the ball first. He ran to the opponent's side, successfully dodging the other player's attempt on stealing the ball. He made a turn, faking a throw to the side trying to trick the guy in front of him who was blocking him. The other guy fell for the trick, giving Chanyeol the opportunity to shoot the ball into the ring.

When he scored a point, he unconsciously turn his head to the bleacher, seeking a reaction from a certain someone. Instead of a cheer, he saw the girl focuses on whatever is on her lap leaving him to pout at himself. When the game continues he walked back to center, back into his previous formation. Sehun from the apposite team, threw the ball to Kai when the whistle blows once again.

Kai caught the ball making a quick run to the opponent's side. Once in a while he would pass the ball to the other player, giving them signal when to throw the ball. When Kai received the ball that was thrown at him, he made a quick run and shoot the ball when the ring is within his reach. 

When the the ball made it into the ring, jongin high fives his other friends. Chanyeol looked at kai who was looking towards the bleacher and saw baekhyun giving him two thumbs up while smiling at him oh-so-brightly. Chanyeol brows furrowed thinking how baekhyun was cheering on kai. He clinched his fist, all fired up from before.

 

Game on.

 

Chanyeol was currently holding the ball, shooting daggers at his opponents. When the whistle blow, he threw the ball to his friend, eyeing him to pass it back. When he did, Chanyeol run to the other side. He manage to get closer to the ring without getting the ball stolen from the enemy. He then made a jump, making a slam dunk to the ring, scoring a point for his team. The game then continue intensely, Chanyeol's team was leading the scoreboard. Chanyeol scored most of the time, He kept on going when the others were already exchanging their position with another player to take a short break.

On the last minute of the game, Chanyeol was being chased by the opponents. Being the biggest threat to their team, the other team players begun running towards his way, ready to block every move he's trying to make. His teammates seemed to be either too far or preoccupied with something else. Knowing that he'll  be surrounded by the enemy anytime soon, He decided to take the risk on shooting the ball from the middle of the court.

When a swoosh was heard, the people in the court went quiet. Everyone was at awe when Chanyeol managed to scored double points, he smirks when the ball went in. After the throw, he walked out of the court to get his stuffs, hanging the towel around his neck while drinking his water bottle.

When Chanyeol left to the locker room, everyone stared at one and another confusedly. Yeah chanyeol is good at basketball but they never seen chanyeol that fired up, especially during practice. Everyone was honestly amazed at chanyeol's capability, even baekhyun who was secretly watching chanyeol the whole time from the bleacher. She was gaping at him the whole time, knowing that chanyeol wouldn't notice her due to his focus on the game.

~

Chanyeol finished his shower and proceed on putting on his pants. When the other team entered the locker room, chanyeol was already fully dressed. He grabbed his bag making an exit from the locker room but was halt by a hand on his shoulder.

"Hyung, I don't know whats gotten in to you earlier but... Good game."

He only nods at Kai's words.

"Park Chanyeol come to my office before going home!" The coach asked for a word with him, with that he leave Kai alone at the door.

Kai wondered what made chanyeol so fired up earlier. From the way that he stared at the other team was something that he has never seen before.

 

Could it be?

 

Kai jumped into conclusion, but kept his thoughts to himself.

 

_

 

 

If chanyeol was being honest to himself, he feels lonely. Its not that he doesn't have any friends, its actually the total apposite. Nowadays, he find lunch time as something really boring and useless, not to mention how he despised the canteen's food. Not having the mood on staying, he decided to leave the cafeteria, earning looks and questions from his friends when he leaves the table. He took a walk around the school's hallway, not sparing a glance at his surroundings. He ended up touring the whole school building just to pass time.