Eyes

You Don't Know Love

When class is over, baekhyun rushed towards the gym to meet Jongin. Baekhyun then noticed Jongin was already practicing his choreography. She walked closer to him and pulled out his earphone, "Practicing ahead of me?"

Jongin looked back and smiled at her, "Well I know we're friends and all but a competition is still a competition." He winks.

"A friendly competition eh?"

"Well yeah but with an obvious winner."

"Lets see who'll win this year's festival." her eyes pierced at him.

"I'll win this year's like I always does on every year."

"hmph, lets see the judge's reaction after seeing my performance!"

Jongin stepped closer to her, "I'll do anything and I mean anything to win this competition, even if I have to play dirty."

"Hey don't even try to sabotage my performance!" She yells.

Jongin then laugh loudly at their silly acting, "You know we could definitely make our own k-drama."

Baekhyun laughs and walked towards the bleachers to put down her stuff with jongin trailing behind her.

"So, have you decided on a song?"


"Honestly nope, I'm not entirely sure on what kind of genre I should go with. I mean come on, I'm not even sure if I should participate in this festival!"

"Hey we went over that." He deadpanned.

"Yeah yeah I know, thats why you're here right? To guide me throughout my performance!"

"Okay lets start looking up shall we?"

Baekhyun nods and pulled out her laptop to surf up youtube.

"What are the trend these days?"

"Like K-pop girlband/boyband?"

"Umm I don't think i'd fit in that genre. I mean I prefer something ballad-ish."

"But the audience would like it, but of course you're in charge of your own performance."

Baekhyun hesitates for a while. She really wanted to impress the audience, proving them what she's capable of, "Lets go with your suggestion."

Jongin pumped his fist into the air, "Okay Im thinking of something like twice?"

She made a TT gesture, "Like this?"

"Perfect!"

"But Im not that good in dancing though."


"I got it under control, I can teach you the choreography. After this I can teach you other dances too. You want me to teach you Exo's growl? Piece of cake." He said smugly.

Baekhyun just playfully punch him and continued her research. Once they've come up with a playful song they started practicing together with baekhyun asking jongin for his opinion once in a while.

Baekhyun breath heavily with hands on her knees "Man, I'm not made for this."

"Oh come on its not that tiring, You wanna switch song with me instead?"

She continued panting, "No thanks. By the way, what time is it?"

"Almost 7, why?"

"Oh no the last bus! Gotta go bye jongin-" She dashed towards the door grabbing her bag on her way leaving jongin alone in the gym.

Jongin only stares at the door, realizing that she just left him like that, "Aish how can that girl just leave me alone? I could've taken her back if she had just been patient for a while."

He stood up from walking closer to his bag to grab a drink. After taking a short break, he puts his earphone back in to practice his choreography again. Not even reaching the first chorus yet, his shoulder was poked by someone from the back. He pulled his earphone, turning around at the presence behind him. "Ah hyung, what are you doing here? We don't have practice today."

"I saw the lights were still on so I came here to take a look," Chanyeol replied.

"Ooh I see."

"What are you doing here alone kai?" He asked while looking at his surrounding.

"I'm practicing for the school's festival and I wasn't alone until like 10 minutes ago. We were practicing together earlier."

"Ah you're performing a duet this year?"

"No, we have separate performance but she asked me to help her with her performance."

"Yah! You sly boy, claiming to be helping her when in fact we know every guy would use the opportunity to get close to a girl." Chanyeol puts his arm around his shoulder.

"Its not like that hyung, I don't see her that way." Kai lets go of his arms.

"No need to be embarrassed, Tell me who's the lucky girl."

"You know her actually." Kai retorts back.

"Really? Who could it be?" Chanyeol looks surprised. He motioned kay to hand him his water bottle, indicating that he's thirsty.

"Baekhyun."

Chanyeol quickly shoot the water he was drinking and miserably coughing in the end.

"Yah hyung are you alright?" Kai quickly went to his side rubbing his back carefully. He nods while panting suffocatingly, "So— *coughs* you and baekhyun huh?"

Kai stare at him weirdly but nodding anyway. Chanyeol eyed Kai, "So do you like Baekhyun or something?"

"Hmm.. yeah I guess? I mean she's a fun person, Its hard not to like her." kai said nonchalantly.

Chanyeol immediately looked down to his feet and whispered, "Y-yeah that's true."

Kai heard chanyeol's reply but choose to stay quiet instead. He looked back to chanyeol's face, trying to read his facial expression.

 

Why are you acting weirdly hyung?

Wait a minute, dont tell me.

Nah, you shouldn't jump into conclusion Kim jongin

But testing the water wont hurt right?

 

Kai coughs up, "Yeah hyung I'm practicing for the festival with her.  Anyway hyung, I need your opinion."

Chanyeol only look up to kai but not responding him verbally.

"I've been performing alone these past years, should I just ask her to partner up with me for this year's? Its her last year so I wanted to make it special for her."

"D-depends."

"On what?" Kai asked genuinely curious at his reply.

"The performance, what kind of performance are you guys doing."

"Ah that, lets see... something provocative or sensual perhaps? The audience would love it."

"Yah!! That wont work! You cant perform something like that!"

Kai laughed, "And why is that? Imagine me and baekhyun performing something like troublemaker."

Chanyeol eyes went wide and his face turn red, "NO! Im telling you Kim kai the teacher won't approve of this, A-and I don't think baekhyun would be okay with this."

"Who knows? I think baekhyunnie would be okay with it." Kai replied, emphasizing on her nickname catching chanyeol off guard.

"I still think you should perform solo instead." Chanyeol reasoned once again.

"and why is that?"

"Because i've seen your talent."

"But have you seen baekhyun's though?"

Chanyeol let out a sigh while looking away.

Kai laughed at his hyung's last retorts but decided to corner him since he is never gonna get an opportunity like this again. "Hyung be honest with me, whats your relationship with baekhyun?"

Chanyeol was flabbergasted at the question, "W-what are you talking about jongin-ah?"

Kai smirks, "Using my real name to get out of the situation eh? I see how you play hyung."

Chanyeol pushed him from getting any closer to him, "Yah what are you talking about huh? We're just friends."

Kai nodded while carefully moving away.

"And she's been teaching me recently..."

Kai moved back even closer to Chanyeol now, "Huh teaching you?"

"Yeah she's kinda tutoring me for math."

"Whoa you must be joking."

"For real, Our teacher asked her to."

"Not bad hyung, though I wonder why she'd accept it so easily. Is that why she's been ditching me for?"

Kai then gather his stuff, wrapping up today's practice since he's too tired for that now and that his attention has fully change to another topic instead. "Hyung, answer my question honestly."

Chanyeol only eyed him back suspiciously.

"What do you think of baekhyun?"

"W-what?"

"Baekhyun told me that you guys knew each other way before, even before she met me."

"What did she told you?" His face starts to panics.

Seeing his hyung alarmed face, he quickly understand his distress. "She didn't tell me much, only the fact that you guys knew each other before. Did you guys went to the same class before or something?" Kai pretends.

Chanyeol lets out a loud breath of relief and looked back at him timidly, "No we didn't, just met through this one sudden encounter."

Chanyeol wasn't lying about the encounter, it was indeed an accidental meeting.

"So, what she's like?"

"She's an awesome person..." Chanyeol starts off.

"Really kind and innocent."

When jongin thought chanyeol was done he continues, "but i guess what left the biggest impression to me must be her eyes. Since she's quiet, Her eyes is the one who's doing all the speaking."

A sudden memory of baekhyun appears in chanyeol's eyes,

"When she's talking about her passion her eyes were filled with determination. Same thing as when she talks about something tragic, you can see worrisome in her eyes. But I guess her eyes are the prettiest when she's either smiling or laughing, you can see it glistening on those crescent eyes." Chanyeol smiled to himself but suddenly stopped.

Jongin was taken back at his words.

"Jongin-ah, you like her right?"

Kai nods absentmindedly.

Chanyeol put his hand on his shoulder, "Don't make her cry because thats when her eyes are the hardest to reach."

Kai stared at chanyeol astonishingly with mouth open. Chanyeol looked at kai's face that was priceless and wave his hand in front of his face, calling his names a couple time, "Earth to kai? Hell—"

"Yah hyung, are you sure its me who likes her not you?"

It was chanyeol's turn to remained quiet, "What are you talking about jongin-ah..."

"You like her don't you?"

"You're spurting nonsense."

"Whoa you're in denial"

"And you're hallucinating." He stood up from the bleachers

Kai stood up matching his eyes, "Why are you avoiding me then?"

Chanyeol walks towards the door with Kai trailing behind him, "I am not! You're just being annoying."

"Yah hyung wait up!"