Boredom

You Don't Know Love

When the next day rolled, baekhyun was panicking in her room early in the morning, "Oh my god what should I do? I totally forgot about my glasses. How am I supposed to see today." She grumbled.

She was all set for school and all she had to do was to leave her place but once she saw her face in the mirror she realized something's missing. "Even if I buy a new one, it'd took at least a day to match the prescription." She sighed lying on her bed, clueless of what to do.

"Well.. if I can go home safely from school yesterday, i'll be okay for today right?" She asked herself unsurely.

She stood up from her bed, grabbed her bag and decided to go to school. When baekhyun arrived at school, she walks slowly at the side so that she doesn't bump into people. Baekhyun looked up towards her way and saw a group of girls gather in front of the lockers. Baekhyun might not recognize their faces but judging by their voices baekhyun is 100% sure that is Jinah and her gang. Literally the only people who would gossip about who-knows-what so early in the morning.

She immediately turns around, opting to walk the other way around but just as she turns her back, she bumped into someone's chest, "Sorry! I didn't see where I was goi-" She looked up to see the person.

 

Him again. Great.

 

Baekhyun looked away annoyingly.

 

"Yeah its cool, wait- baek? I almost didn't recognize you without your glasses," His deep voice is really easy to distinguish from the other's.

"Chanyeol!" Someone calls him.

 

Oh crap, its Jinah.

 

Her eyes turns wide at the voice. She moved her foot instinctively passing through chanyeol and successfully pushing him away.

"H-hey wait baek!" Chanyeol calls for her, making baekhyun to walk even faster than she already is.

"Channie! I called you earlier, but it seems like you were talking to someone."

"Oh Jinah? Ooh sorry, yeah I was."

"Who was it?" She looked at the figure walking away from them.

"Aah.. it was just a girl from my class."

"Oh I see.. by the way, Channie I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after school at my place?"

"Oh! Um.. I—I'm busy today." Chanyeol showed his sorry face.

"Then when are you free?"

"Umm.. actually I'm not entirely sure, I mean championship is just near the corner so-"

 

The first bell rings

 

"Ooh okay.. maybe next time then?"

"Yeah totally, look I catch you later okay? Bye-" He quickly walked to his class.

Chanyeol went to his class for the first period. Why was he relieved that he successfully dodged Jinah's offer, He too realized how he's been avoiding her for a while. When the teacher enters the classroom, he sigh because it was too early for math.

 

The bell finally rings, indicating the first break.

 

Chanyeol thought he couldn't go any further if he had to stay around any longer. He quickly packs his bag, ready to go out of the class.

"Mr park, can I have a word with you?"

Chanyeol grunts when his name was called. Taking a few step back finally facing his teacher, "Yeah sir?"

"Are you aware of your score on the last quiz?"

"Yeah?"

"And?"

"Um.. its improving?"

His teacher laugh, "You wish."

"Sir, its too hard okay? I really did my best. I guess, I'm just not caught up for math."

"This is not the first time you failed my subject Mr Park."

Chanyeol stayed quiet, letting the teacher lecture him.

"Come on chanyeol, I know you're not interested on taking any math related major in the future, but it is a requirement to pass math in high school. You don't want to repeat right?"

Chanyeol sighs in defeat, "Alright sir I'll try my best next time okay?"

"Oh no chanyeol, I'm sorry I cant rely on you this time. Maybe on the first quiz, but not after the fifth one."

"Then what do you want me to do sir?"

"Im signing one of my student up to teach you."

"What?! I never agreed to any of this."

"You're not in any position to choose."

Chanyeol groans, "Ughh.. really sir??"

"Im not taking no for an answer."

Chanyeol whines to himself.

"You'll start the tutor this Friday. She'll be near the library, after school."

"She?"

"Yes, and if I heard you skipping the lesson from her I'm gonna tell the coach to exclude you from the game."

"What?! You cant do that!"

"As a matter of fact Mr.Park, I do can."

Chanyeol left abruptly not giving the teacher a chance to tell him further informations.

The bell rings signaling that the school is over.

Chanyeol walked towards the parking lot, heading to his car.

"Hyung!"

Chanyeol stopped walking, turning his back to the where the voice come from.

"Hyung where are you going?" Sehun asked.

"Home?"

"This early? Don't you want to hang out with the guys first?"

Chanyeol looked away, thinking of a legitimate reason.

"My mom, She— she asked me to pick up my... C-cousin! Yeah he just came from Busan and I have to pick him up."

"Ohh thats too bad."

"Yeah tell the guys I'm sorry though."

"Okay, drive safe hyung." Sehun left the parking lot.

 

 

Phew

Chanyeol let out a long breath.

 

In truth, Chanyeol just wanted to go home. He was not in the mood to hang out with the others, heck his parents aren't even home. When he arrived at home, he puts down his bag and was greeted by an excited black poodle. "Toben~ Hey buddy, are you alone?" Chanyeol holds his dog while petting its head, getting the response with a on his face.

"You hungry boy?" 

After feeding toben, he went to his room and lie on the bed. He was now thinking of what to do, its too early too sleep, the sun hasn't even set yet. Even after half an hour playing with his phone, he got bored of doing nothing. Chanyeol stands up from the bed, walking to the bookshelf to check on his collection of CDs but ended up with none because nothing seemed to interest him.

All the game he had were already finished. Doing homework is out of the topic. He cant play with his dog because toben is sleeping. Chanyeol sits on his chair looking for something to do. When he spots a paper with some writing on it, he grabs and inspect the writings on it. It was his and baekhyun's unfinished song. Chanyeol stares at the paper sadly knowing how baekhyun just threw away their project like that.

Chanyeol looks at the works once again and thinks how it was such a waste. The song only need a couple of words to be completed, yet it was just left off like that. Maybe he can finish the rest of the song by himself, but chanyeol quickly shrugged the idea off. It was their song to begin with, so its only fair to finish it together too. Chanyeol tear a paper from his notebook, picking a pencil from his bag and grabbed his guitar.

 

I haven't write in a while, maybe I can finish it this time.

Chanyeol smiles at the idea.

 

That night Chanyeol didn't get that much of sleep, his homework was long forgotten too, he didn't even hear his parents coming home from work. Chanyeol was up all night strumming his guitar while writing down the notes and lyrics. He usually doesn't write lyrics, but tonight he's feeling inspirational. He's hopeful to finish his first ever song. That night too toben fell asleep on Chanyeol's bed while waiting for him to finish his work.