Snapped

You Don't Know Love

  *doorbell rings*   

 

Baekhyun woke up at the sudden interruption from her doorbell ringing that kept going for a while now. How long was she asleep for? Must've been a long time since its dark already.

Baekhyun made her way to her door and open the door carefully. When she saw who were standing behind the door she was surprised at the guests. Baekhyun don't have the time to react because the guy already made his way in to her house, "Yah Baek when are you going to keep on ignoring my calls!"

Baekhyun look at the two guests in front of her, "Jongin...Unnie...w-what are you doing here?"

Kyungsoo smiled warmly at baekhyun, "We're worried of you, you weren't answering our calls." and honestly baekhyun feel even worse because she knows she doesn't deserve their kindness.

"I-i'm sorry...i didn't mean to make you guys worried," Baekhyun looked down to her feet.

Jongin crosses his arms, "Well you can start by telling us what really happened baek."

Sensing the harsh tone jongin has Kyungsoo being the oldest one takes the lead, "Lets take a sit and hear baekhyun out first okay? Is it okay for us to come in baekhyunnie?"

"Y-yeah come in..." Baekhyun gestured the two to come in and showed them the living room.

After preparing the two some drinks, the three of them finally sit down together, "How are you baek?" Kyungsoo start up the conversation.

"I'm fine..." Baekhyun smiles but it doesn't really reach the two.

When the couple detects that the girl was lying, the two looked at each other worriedly. "Hey baek, I'm not mad at you...you know? I'm just concerned of you. I don't really care about the school festival performance, I want to know if you're really okay." Baekhyun bite her lips when she heard jongin's kind words. Kyungsoo then rubbed her back encouraging her to open up.

"C-can I be honest?" Baekhyun asked her voice starts to shake.

When the two nodded, baekhyun took a deep breath, "I'm not okay..."

With that confession baekhyun finally broke down and showed them her true self. She told them the accident she had with Jinah and the other girls a few days ago.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

Jongin stood up, "I'm gonna kill her!"

"Jongin no, you cant resolve this with violence. besides you can't hit a girl." Kyungsoo warns her boyfriend.

"Whether she's a girl or a ing turtle I don't care! What she did was inhumane," Jongin replied angrily.

"What she did was entirely wrong but I think we can find another alternative to avenge them." Kyungsoo says sounding calmer than jongin but radiates the same amount of hate as her boyfriend.

Baekhyun wipes her leftover tears, "Unnie, about the dress you bought me...they kinda ruined it...i'm sorry I wasn't able to protect it."

Kyungsoo smiled at the girl, "Hey don't worry about it, I'm more worried of you than the dress." She caressed the sad girl's face, "So what are you gonna do now baekhyunnie?"

Baekhyun sighs helplessly, "Honestly I don't know... in regards of the performance I'm scared of making the situation uglier than it already is."

"Just do whats comfortable for you baek. Whatever you decide we'll fully support you on your choice. Knowing that you were brave enough to stand up for your bully already shows you how much of a strong admirable person you are."

"If I was stronger, none of this would've happened...i'm always gonna be the weakling everybody pick up on."

"Baekhyun when will you stop looking down on yourself? None of this is your fault, you were outnumbered. You were already doing great," Kyungsoo reassured the girl.

"What about hyung?" Jongin asked.

"What about him?" Baekhyun asked spiritlessly.

"I'm actually disappointed that hyung didn't know anything about this, clearly his girlfriend is behind all of this. To think that he let her get away with this..."

Baekhyun looked down to her lap, "Chanyeol is not at fault...he didn't do anything wrong."

"Why are you still standing up for him?" Jongin asked looking pissed all of the sudden.

"Because its on me...if only I was strong enough..." Baekhyun looked away.

when he realized how dispirited his friend is, Kai decided to stay quiet, keeping his opinion to himself.

 

 

     Tomorrow      

 

During the afternoon you can find Chanyeol at the gym practicing for the basketball tournament that is approaching  with his teammates. Ever since they made it onto finals, his teammates have been hyper than ever. Even if he's one of the reason for their victory, the captain's face looked empty.

The tournament is in 2 days and yet his body's here while his mind is elsewhere. He should be practicing his off for the match but all he's been doing was stare at the ground mindlessly, mind clouded with something else.

He's honestly really worried for baekhyun and the situation is not really helping. The coach wanted the team to be fully prepared for the game making it harder for him to see baekhyun. So  his last resort was to check up on her through call, but his effort is failing miserably because the girl hasn't been answering his calls nor texts.

The coach blows the whistle asking the members to gather up in the middle to do some warm-ups, and at the same time Kai made his way into the gym.

"Yah Kim Kai you're late, run three laps!" The coach yelled. Kai puts down his stuffs on the bleacher and proceed with the coach's oder.

He looks different, he seemed quieter. Usually he would whine to the coach if he's given any punishment, but now he just did it willingly. Chanyeol should ask him how Baekhyun is doing but since practice just start he thought of asking the younger as soon as they finish their practice.

 

     2 hours later     

 

"Okay nice job guys, go hit the shower! Remember to stay in shape, the game is only 2 days away." The coach announced to the basketball team earning a 'yes coach,' in return.

Chanyeol immediately run to the younger, "Hey Kai can I talk to you for a while?"

Kai looked at him with no expression, "What do you need hyung?"

Quickly disregarding the younger's odd behavior, He prioritizes on questioning about baekhyun first, "Did you get to meet her yesterday?"

"Yeah I did." Jongin answered while dribbling the basketball, attention on the ball instead.

"So... what's wrong with her? I tried contacting her but my calls and text were ignored."

"Are you seriously worried of her?" Kai looked at his hyung disinterestedly.

"Of course I am...Why would I ask you about her if I'm not? I've been so restless since last night just thinking of her." Chanyeol claimed, quiet offended at the younger's question.

Kai stop dribbling the basketball, face looking irked now, "Well I don't see it that way."

"What? where do you get that assumption?" Chanyeol asked tone sounding more pissed.

Kai threw the ball away aggressively, "I don't know? I don't understand you hyung! You said that you care about her and yet you're not doing anything to protect her!" The younger one raised his voice.

"W-What are you talking about? What's really going on?" Chanyeol asked looking astonished at Kai's sudden outburst.

Kai looked at Chanyeol dead in the eye,"I think it's wrong for her to give you a second chance since all you do is hurt her."

Surprised at the new side of his friend Chanyeol tries to be the calm one, "Look Jongin, I have zero clues of what's going on so please enlighten me instead of attacking me without stating any reason."

Jongin grabbed his hair clearly annoyed at the tall guy, "That's what I'm so pissed off about! How could you not know anything? How are you so ignorant! How can you let them treat Baekhyun that way?!"

At this point the other teammates were already staring at the two bickering in the middle of the gym. Chanyeol looked worried now, "Did something happened?"

"Yes something happened and it involved your stupid girlfriend. All she ever did was hurt baekhyun ever since high school started up until now, and yesterday...was too much."

"W-What what did she do?" Chanyeol asked nervously.

"I thought I could trust you... but you let her get away with those things," Kai looked down dejectedly.

"I seriously don't know what she did! If I knew she was gonna hurt baekhyun I would never let it happen!" Chanyeol defended himself.

Kai scoffed at his statement, "I thought you liked her but you're just playing with her. You're seriously an ."

Now is Chanyeol's turn to be pissed, he grabbed the younger's collar alarming the other teammates that its getting serious, "Look— I don't know where you're getting this from but I do care about her!"

"Well if you care for her then you wouldn't let this happen!" Kai spat back.

One of their teammate Kris comes in between them, "Hey—hey guys stop."

Chanyeol ignoring Kris's presence continues the argument, "Well what about you Kai! what did you do? I thought you liked her as well!"

This time his other teammate Sehun grabbed Chanyeol's arms holding him back, "Last time I went to the mall, I saw you with another girl! Are you playing baekhyun then? I know for a fact that you are in no position to tell me whats right or wrong."

"What? you're crazy!" Kai was about to lash onto chanyeol but was held back by Kris.

"Now I'm crazy? When I turn the table on you, you act all righteous."

Kai let a huge breath and asked kris to let go off him with a promise to not hurt chanyeol, "Listen to me carefully...the girl you saw me with is my girlfriend, her name is kyungsoo. We've been dating for more than two years and baekhyun was aware of it."

His explanation shock not only Chanyeol but the other teammates as well, "I know I said that I liked her but that is only as a friend. I only did that to encourage you to make your move. I wanted to give you a second chance to be with baekhyun because I see how much you've changed, and I know that she still likes you but after what Jinah have done to her, I'm not even sure anymore."

After the shocking turn of events, the two of them were quiet for a while, making the situation for the other teammates awkward, "I know I should stop asking you for help, but this is the last time. Please stop hurting baekhyun, if you cant do that then I think its better for you to leave her alone." And with that Kai left the gym.

Kris and Sehun approached the team captain, "Hey dude are you okay?"

"Are you two seriously fighting over that baekhyun girl?" Chanyeol clenched his fist tight, trying to suppress his anger.

Chanyeol decided to ignored the questions and proceed on making his way out of the gym.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

A/N

additional chapter as an apology for my tardiness >.<"!