Confident

You Don't Know Love

The next day Baekhyun was sitting on the bleachers, playing with the pencil, thinking of the next lyrics for her song that she's currently working on. Baekhyun has been sitting there for almost half an hour but no idea pops into her head. Baekhyun ruffled her hair in frustration and leaned onto her knees praying for an inspiration to struck her in the head.

"Writers block?"

She raised her head to see where the voice come from. When she looked up from her knees to see who person is, she only hums as a reply leaning back onto her knees again. The person laughs at her state and sits next to her.

"Jongin, tell me a story. maybe I can get inspiration from it," She mumbles head still on her knees.

"Hmm well I got one," He pretends to think.

She raises her head immediately smiling widely, "Really?!"

"Yeah wanna hear about it?"

She nods eagerly, jongin had to hold back his laughter, "Well there is this girl in my school, who happens to have difficulties with her life right now."

She intently listen to him, "A lot of things has happened to her. It seems to have bother her for quiet some time, and I think it finally gets to her head. Don't tell her but she kinda looks like she's going crazy," Jongin twirl his finger making the crazy gesture.

Jongin then stares at her disgustingly, pulling a strand of hair and tossing it to her face, "Her hair is so messy because she tends to pull her hair out of frustration, not to mention her eye-bags are so deep you might mistaken them as panda eyes."

She looked at him offensively, Finally getting the hint that he was actually describing her, she repeatedly hit Jongin, "Stupid Kim Jongin."

"Ouch ouch ouch! Yah! Stop it would you!?" He whines.

"You started it," she crosses he arms while he laughs evilly.

"If only you could do that to all the people who insulted you."

She laughs back, "Yeah that'd be cool right?"

The both of them laugh but Jongin stopped as his gaze landed on her knees, "What happen to that?" Pointing at her wounds.

"Uhh.. you know how clumsy I am. I was running down the stairs and I accidentally fell on the last step of the stairs. I scraped my knees and kinda twist my ankles, no big deal."

"No big deal? are you sure you didn't hit your head?"

she glared at him.

"You know for a smart kid, you're kind of stupid. OUCH STOP-"

baekhyun cut off jongin with a head lock. when she released the grip, jongin was coughing. "Oh god don't do that please, I had enough with kyungsoo noona doing that."

"She did that to you too?"

"Yeah," He massage his neck.

"I wonder why."

Jongin rolled his eyes and continued, "Why were you running anyway?"

Baekhyun was now thinking of a made-up reason to her story, "Uhh.. there was a new episode of one piece."

Jongin looked at her with a 'you gotta be kidding me' look, "Are you crazy Byun Baekhyun?"

"Heyy, you don't need to call me by my full name. You know.. for a second, you sounded like my dad," She laughs.

Jongin then relaxes when she throws the joke, "But seriously though, are you okay? Did someone help you? Did you go to infirmary immediately?"

"Well... someone did helped me since I can't really walk by myself."

"Phew, thank God there are still kind people out there," He leaned back to the chair.

She smiled to herself, "Yeah I guess."

"Does it still hurt now? Can you walk? Do you want to lean on me?"

"Nah its manageable now since I was taken to the infirmary immediately yesterday, the wounds and the swellings are healing pretty fast too and of course I can walk Kim jongin. How did you think I get here."

"Hmmm touché."

"By the way, the team is going to use the court. Do you want to stay or go? You're free to stay too, some girls like to watch us play."

"Whoa.. boasting your popularity now huh Jonginnie?"

He shot her a wink, "Well I couldn't help it."

She scoffs at him, "Wow you're so full of yourself."

"Its called being, C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-T that's me. I'm confident," Jongin snap his finger in sassy gesture.

She laughed hysterically clapping her hands, her eyes were teary at Jongin's response. Looking at her genuinely laughing made him happy. He decided to continue his performance.

Jongin continues singing and shows Baekhyun his dancing skill, "Don't want yo compliments, Use common sense. I'm on my Michelle Obama shhhh-" Jongin puts his finger onto his lips making her laugh even harder.

Baekhyun was wondering how does jongin dances so ily but still manage to look stupid at the same time, "Shut yo mouth, Boy I think you know who run this house. I ain't thirstin for no bae...'Cause I already know watch you trying to say hey!"

He then stands up on his seat, "You say that you a baller, And I see you trying holla. But that ain't how I was brought up-next, Working for the money.. 'Cause that what my momma taught me. So yo better show me some res-pect," Jongin makes an ugly smug while twerking.

"Boss, Michelle Obama. Purse all heavy..Gettin' Oprah dollars-"

"Yah! Kim Kai what the hell are you doing!?"

The two students stop whatever they were doing, looking down slowly to where the voice came from. On the court was the whole basketball team and the coach.

*Cue sheep sound*

Baekhyun gulps at the coach's question, zipping quickly. Jongin on the other turns around to wave at his coach and teammates, "Hey guys~ I was just warming up! You guys know how much I love to dance as much as I love basketball."

Baekhyun laughs at his idiotic reply. The teammates were embarrassed of him, some of them were face palming themselves. The coach retorts back, "Whatever you say, Just get you down here Kim Kai, practice is going to start soon."

"Aye aye coach," He salutes to the coach making his coach shakes his head, helpless of Jongin.

Jongin turns his head back to gather hiss stuff, "So are you gonna stay or?"

"I think i'll stay, I'm too lazy to move. I probably move further to the back though. I don't want to gather more attentions after that performance you pulled."

"I was pretty good was I?"

"The best," She gives him two thumbs up.

He laughs at her reply ruffling her head, "By the way, why are you called Kai by your teammates and coach? I remember you saying that your close friends usually calls you 'Nini'."

"Oh, everyone in the team use a nickname. Like for example Kris's real name is Yifan, Xiumin's is Minseok, Lay's is Yixing, etcetera."

Baekhyun wanted to ask about someone's nickname but decided to go against it, so she only hummed at the names mentioned.

Jongin looks at her thinking how easy she is to read, "Chanyeol's is Loey, but he didn't really like using it so he asked the others to call him with either Chan or Yeol."

"I'm too obvious aren't I?" She asked embarrassedly.

"Like an open book," Jongin holds his bag and continues, "But its okay, you can be open to me. We're friends after all," looking down at the court again, "Well I'm off to practice, if you miss me you can just watch me play and cheer on me."

Baekhyun's expression turns sour, "Ew.. why would I do that?"

"Right, you would rather cheer on loey right?" He winks and proceed on walking down the stairs.

Baekhyun glares at jongin and internally cursing at him, Damn jongin and his stupid comment. Baekhyun grabbed her bag and went up the stairs carefully, sitting at the furthest seat, opening her book once again hoping that she can write this time.

 

Little did she know, someone witnessed the whole time she and jongin was joking earlier.

 

 

a/n

to those who are wondering what song was jongin singing to was Fifth Harmony - Confident