Gas Pedal

You Don't Know Love

When he reached the salon he was met with an angry Jinah in front of him. She was crossing her arms with a pissed face supporting her angry demeanor,"Where have you been?"

"I told you I was strolling around the mall—"

"—and you left me here all alone? I thought today was supposed to be our date chanyeol, not a quality time to yourself day."

"Yeah tell that to yourself," Chanyeol said underneath his breath while looking elsewhere not wanting to look at her face, he was too pissed at Jinah's accusation.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"Well lets just head back okay, we need to get ready for the fashion bazaar later." She walked passed by chanyeol, successfully bumping him on purpose.

 

-

 

While chanyeol was getting ready for the stupid fashion event, he got a text message from Kai and decided to check the message out.

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f33467963494245387344426544673d3d2d3634313530363938302e3135356363323632633932336133346134383439353733353935312e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

 

Chanyeol immediately thinks back to baekhyun and wondered if she's going to the event alone. Just as he was about to reply Kai, Jinah called.

He sigh in frustration but answer anyway, "Hello?"

"Chanyeol where are you? Come on, we're gonna be late for the event!"

"You said to be there at 7 and thats still a good twenty minutes away."

"Well I finished earlier than expected besides, the event is about to start so just come here okay?" She said clearly annoyed.

"I'll be there soon,"

"And what are you wearing? Make sure its appropriate for—"

Chanyeol hung up before she continues ranting.

He grabbed his suit and made his way to his car.

 

-

 

 

When he arrived in front of Jinah's house he walked up to her porch and ring the door. Not a second later the door opens revealing a displeased looking Jinah, "Took you long enough." She walks passed chanyeol and goes into his car without giving chanyeol any glance at all. "Hello to you too," Chanyeol talked to himself.

 

 

-

 

 

"Baek Im really sorry I couldn't make it.. my sister is visiting, my nephew and niece have been looking forward to meet their uncle." Jongin apologize over the phone.

"Hey its cool nini, say hello for them from me okay!"

"We'll do. Bye baek, have fun at the event and don't miss me too much~"

"Haha you wish Kim jongin, bye bye~"

Baekhyun hung up the call and sighs, there was really no one who she could ask to come. With the limited amount of friends she has, there were not a lot of choices for her to begin with.

 

Kyungsoo unnie said she has a project to finish tonight and Jongin has some family stuffs to attend. Well I guess its just you and yourself tonight baek, we're having a party just for one.

I wondered if I can ask chanyeol though... nah thats just wrong.

She has a girlfriend, it'd be wrong to ask him. Don't want to cause another drama with Im Jinah, plus he looked quite handful of her earlier, and to think I almost asked him out at the record store earlier? What were you thinking byun baekhyun...I was basically digging my own grave if I actually did ask him.

 

Baekhyun decided to stop dwelling about the unimportant things and to just get ready for the festival, mentally preparing her stomach for a bunch of food and some good music.

 

-

The car ride to the event was consist of Jinah calling her friends really loudly, talking about god knows what or who. Chanyeol is starting to get sick of her, actually he's already are since the afternoon but she managed to keep on pushing his button.

"No way? She's going to the party with that?" Jinah gossips with her friend and followed by an obnoxious laugh.

Chanyeol could only sighs at her attitude, wishing the night to be over immediately.

"Me? I'm coming with my boyfriend. Of course i'll let you meet him. Alright lets do that later, i'll see you at the party then." Jinah hung up and looked over to chanyeol but he only focused on the road.

Jinah coughs to get his attention but once again he was unbothered by her stare so she did it once again which earn her nothing from her boyfriend. Being so fed up she decided to call his name instead, "Chanyeol!"

"You know I'm just beside you right? There's no need to shout." He said calmly eyes still focus on the road.

"You know you have been an the entire day, why is that? You didn't even say anything about how I looked tonight."

"You look pretty," Chanyeol said flatly as he took the right turn.

"You didn't even looked at me!" Jinah was close to shouting and it starts to irritate chanyeol more.

Not wanting to argue more chanyeol took a deep breath and asked Jinah for them to talk later. Jinah only sulk and look away from chanyeol, which chanyeol thanked the heavens for. When the reach the venue, the place was already crowded with people. Chanyeol sighs once again, this is not his type of crowd. 

He was able to find a parking spot despite the place being really packed. He finally parked his car and he took of his seatbelt off to finally face Jinah, "Okay what do you want to talk about?"

"I dont know why dont you tell me?"

"Jinah come on, stop being childish. The event is starting soon, lets just get this over with."

"You were seeing her again weren't you?"

"Her? What are you talking about?"

"That nerdy Byun Baekhyun!" Jinah snapped.

At this point chanyeol was already confused, "What does baekhyun has something to do with this?"

"You met her earlier at some store, look at this!" She showed her phone that showcase a pic of him and baekhyun talking at the record store. 

 

who took this? must be on of her minions, don't they have something else better to do...

 

"I ran into her in the record store and we ended up talking, mainly about the albums collection of the store."

"Liar! You went behind my back- doing whatever you guys are doing!" She accused chanyeol while screaming incoherently.

"You know what? I endured you the whole day but I dont think I can handle anymore." Chanyeol turn the engine back on, going out of the parking lot as she said so.

"What? are you ashamed that you're finally caught?" She challenged him.

"I'm ashamed to say that I think this is my limit. I tried to understand you and I actually thought of working things out with you but turns out its not really happening anytime soon." Chanyeol que his car to the drop off section.

"Do you even care about me Jinah? Have you ever once asked how my day was? What do I like to do in my spare time? Does everything revolves around your beauty standards, gossips or anything that makes you popular?" Chanyeol let out a deep sigh and at this point Jinah was speechless already.

"All I'm saying is that I don't want any of this anymore. I endured you for more than a month and I tried to tell myself that it'd get better but it doesn't. I'm sorry but this is not working out, lets break up."

Jinah gasps and looked offended at his words, "D-did you just break up with me?"

"I bet it was all that doing!"

"Don't bring baekhyun onto this okay!" Chanyeol definitely reached his limit.

"It happened because you were being too much and apparently I just can't handle that. So stop blaming others and start introspecting yourself."

Chanyeol deadpanned his eyes on her.

"S-so what now? You broke up with me and how am I supposed to attend the event?!" She asked panicking while half-shouting at chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol scoffed and look outside of his car,

of course is always about her.

 

"I wont let you chanyeol! You can't do this to me!"

"Get out," He said sternly.

"What?" Jinah asked not believing of what she heard.

"I SAID GET OFF!" Chanyeol yelled at her hoping it will get through that thick skull of hers.

She was beyond furious at this point, she step down the car and cuss at chanyeol from outside. "You'll regret this Chanyeol!" She said, tone filled with rage.

As soon as she stepped down from his car he waste no time from staying there any longer, he quickly steps on the accelerator leaving the angry Jinah behind.

After going away from the venue, keeping a safe distance from jinah, Chanyeol calm himself for a good minutes.

 

He then grabbed his phone to send a quick reply to Kai and enter a new location in his GPS. As soon as the address was shown he immediately stepped on the pedal, heading toward his new destination.

 As soon as the address was shown he immediately stepped on the pedal, heading toward his new destination