Guard Up

You Don't Know Love

Baekhyun sits on the bench in the school garden during lunch break with a laughing jongin beside her.

"Thanks for ditching practice by the way," Baekhyun quipped.

Jongin finally looks up from his phone, "I told you I was meeting kyungsoo noona, and besides you don't seem so bothered by me ditching yesterday's practice."

"What do you mean? You left me to practice alone while you were having fun!"

"Are you sure you were alone?" Jongin smirks at her.

"W-well I was until—"

"—And don't tell me that you weren't having fun during practice. I know for a fact that you were probably in cloud 9 yesterday."

Baekhyun stares at her friend, "Don't tell me—"

And just as she thought, Kai wave his phone in front of her, showcasing a picture of her and chanyeol playing the piano together.

"You did not- Yah Kim Jongin!" Baekhyun slaps jongin's shoulder repeatedly.

"If you have a lot of time in your hand might as well help me with my performance not spy on me like a total stalker."

"I prefer the term shipper more than stalker thank you very much," Jongin said as he hides his phone from baekhyun.

Baekhyun huffs in annoyance, giving up on her friend's usual odd behavior.

 

 

-

 

 

Jongin and baekhyun are now in the music room practicing their performance. They are pushing themselves a little more than usual because the performance date is closer than they thought. Baekhyun's dancing has gotten much better than the first practice. She is now able to dance accurately with the right facial expression and at the same time have a stable voice while singing.

To say Jongin was proud was an understatement, he was moved by his friend. She was once insecure of her own capabilities and now here she is embracing her talents. He could really see how baekhyun has greatly improved not only as a singer but as a whole performer. He could see the fire in her eyes that filled with burning passion. He laughs to himself, feeling like a proud father.

"Why are you laughing? Did I made a mistake?" Baekhyun asked clearly out of breath after finishing the routine.

"The apposite actually, you did really well," Jongin put up his thumb.

Baekhyun smile widely feeling proud of herself.

The door to the music room open showing a familiar tall guy behind it.

"Hey sorry I was late, I had to run some errands for the coach."

"No problem hyung," Jongin high-five chanyeol as he enters.

 

 

Baekhyun sees chanyeol a lot lately since he's helping out jongin for his performance and jongin is helping baekhyun out too, so of course the both of them are bound to meet each other from time to time.Despite out of practice, they still hang out. Since they tend to practice till late they frequently catch dinner together. They'd go their separate ways after dinner or a practice session.

And on their way back, Chanyeol would usually accompany baekhyun. even though baekhyun has politely decline his offer a couple times, chanyeol would still try to explain how his house is close to hers so in the end she stopped trying to reason with him and just let him take her home Hanging out with chanyeol has become a routine for her. It really brings out old feelings out of her, she forgot how comforting his presence is. Baekhyun didn't realized how much she actually miss being friends with chanyeol.

Aside from her one-sided crush, she really likes chanyeol as a friend. Talking to him has always been an enjoyable thing, since they share many similarities. Now that they're on better terms, they could talk more openly. Bringing back the old chanyeol she adores so much. Though at the same time, she's scared of him because last time she lets herself be carried by him she ended up breaking. So here she is torn between her mixed up feelings.

Nothing can guarantee chanyeol from not hurting her, but by the way he's been treating her recently is speaking the apposite. Baekhyun cant do or say anything much about him, but she do knows that she should keep her guard up every time she's with him.

 

-

 

 

Chanyeol finishes up writing the song he's been working on these past few weeks. He smile proudly at the paper his holding, his first ever completed piece. After days of having a writer's block for his song, he finally managed to pull up the perfect melody and lyrics that fits.

As he was re-reading the notes someone from behind him surprised him.

"Channie!" Jinah surprised him cutely.

"AH! jinah... you nearly got me a heart attack."

She giggled while holding onto chanyeol's shoulder, "Hehe... Sorry chanyeollie. What are you up to?"

"I'm working on a project for the umm... music class," Chanyeol said while immediately fixing up his papers and putting it inside his bag quickly.

Jinah is now hugging chanyeol's shoulder from the back, "Oh I see... by the way, are you free today after school?"

Chanyeol carefully remove her arms from himself as he was starting to feel uncomfortable to be seen doing pda in the library, "I have practice with jongin later."

Jinah straighten her back immediately offended at the sudden rejection of affection and offer.

Finally realizing who he would be seeing during practice riled her up quickly, "Are you going to see that nerd?"

Chanyeol tidy the inside of his bag while sighing, "That nerd has a name and yes I guess i'm going to see baekhyun."

"Why is she always wherever you are?" She crossed her arms angrily though chanyeol seems to not care of her current state.

"Kai is helping her out so of course Im gonna run into her." Chanyeol said boringly.

"No!! She's after you chanyeol, she wants to be popular so that people would stop picking on her. Im telling you she's one slick —"

"Jinah shut up!" Chanyeol said quiet loudly earning attentions from a couple of people around them.

"She is nothing like what you mentioned earlier, she's a great person with a good heart so stop spreading fake stories of her."

To say Jinah was embarrassed was wrong, she was fuming really fast not believing how chanyeol just stood up for the nerd instead of his girlfriend.

"Now I gotta go," Chanyeol said without looking back at her even once.

Jinah clenched her fist tightly as chanyeol left her alone in the library, "Just you wait and see what I will do to you nerd."