Practice Makes Perfect

You Don't Know Love

Chanyeol only stand in front of the door not brave enough to open it. He actually been there for a good 20 minutes. He's been walking back and forth praying for jongin to come faster. He decided that praying is not really helping so instead he give jongin a call instead. When jongin finally answer, chanyeol thank the God for it. "Yah Kai, where are you?"

"Sorry I just got out of class, Miss Lee made me clean the classroom first. Apparently I was late for class but get this, its only 2 minutes late!" Jongin said in annoyance.

"Look just go here okay? I've been alone for a while now."

"Oh? So you're with Baekhyun right now?"

"Umm... not quiet"

"Why don't you just come in then?"

"Because it'd be rude."

"I thought you're friends with her?"

Its chanyeol's turn to be annoyed, "Yes I am but it'd be better if you explain to her the situation first."

"Right... I'll be there in a while."

"Thank you." Chanyeol hangs up the phone.

After 5 minutes jongin arrived with a smile plastered on his face. He didn't even greet chanyeol but instead opening the door to the gym instead.

Chanyeol was surprised at jongin's tactic and followed him behind his back muttering for jongin to stop walking. When he saw another person in the gym he stopped his feet from taking another step. There a couple meters away from him is byun baekhyun dancing to one of twice's song cutely. Her back was turn to chanyeol but he can clearly see her shooting some hearts as part of the choreography. She was singing along to the song as well, once again chanyeol forgot how beautiful her voice is. When jongin called out her name, baekhyun turns around while still doing her dance move. She was making a big heart with her hands when she greets jongin back. Chanyeol thinks baekhyun is still unaware of his presence because she continued to dance adorably in front of jongin.

"There's chanyeol by the way," Jongin nod his head to him.

Hearing his name mentioned by jongin he smile nervously ready to greet baekhyun. Baekhyun's eyes turns wide and her hands stopped as she made the heart with her elbows. Her head turns slightly to the left to check if jongin was lying or not. When she saw a familiar giant she immediately put her hands down while standing up straight.

"C-chanyeol," she tried to greet him normally but ended up stuttering.

Chanyeol on the other hand is not to different from her, "Baekhyun...H-hi." He waved his hand at her awkwardly while walking towards the two.

Jongin is there in the middle of them not understanding the both of them. "So like what I told you yesterday, he's gonna play for me. So you're gonna be seeing him a lot for awhile," Jongin smiled while gesturing at chanyeol.

"H-hope its not such a bother." Chanyeol interfere.

"Its okay, jongin told me about it a-and if it helps his performance then shouldn't be a problem then." She smiled softly at him.

"Yeah glad you think so,"

"Okay chanyeol hyung I want you to play this song." Jongin hand him a sheet of paper.

Chanyeol eyed the paper, "Lady luck? I think I can do this."


"I know I came to right person," Jongin lean his arm to chanyeol's shoulder.

The two guys sit on the bleachers while baekhyun was standing a couple of meters away practicing her singing. Chanyeol listened to her while pretending to tune his guitar.

"Hyung, you can learn the song first while I help baek with her dancing." Kai stood up ready to run to her side.

Chanyeol grabbed his uniform quickly and say, "Uh but I need your guidance first." He tries to reason.

"Pfft hyung, we all know that aside from basketball you're talented in guitar so I don't think you need my guidance." He carefully moves chanyeol's hand away.

"Besides I think it'd be the perfect opportunity to get closer to baekhyun,"

He laughed while leaving chanyeol alone.

There jongin goes to baekhyun side, all smiling and laughing together. They actually look cute together. Baekhyun looking so confused on Jongin's teaching, unknowingly looked cute as she try to copy him. Jongin calmly explained to her how to do it properly even went on touching her hand if she did it wrong making chanyeol pout to himself. He lets out a loud sigh looking at the couple on the other side of the gym.

 

So this is how baekhyun looks like when someone is teaching her something. She looks so cute, her face is filled with determination but goes panicky when she did something wrong. She must've felt bad for not catching on so quickly.

 

Chanyeol have now seen baekhyun teach and being taught, but the second one is not felt by him rather looking as the event occur through his eyes. He wondered if he would ever get the chance to teach baekhyun anything, but soon realizing that its impossible because she's already smart and dancing is not his forte. He huffed and went back to the music sheet instead, "Guess its just you and me huh?" He mutter to his guitar. Chanyeol take one last look at the couple and think to himself.

 

Kai must've been waiting for me right? So as soon as I finish learning the song he would go back here immediately because the day to the event is near and he need his guitarist to finalize his dancing. Right, but I can't do it in an hour...not when I shift into maximum overdrive.

 

Chanyeol smiled to himself while focusing on playing the guitar.

On the other side of the gym, the two friends are taking a break after dancing for half an hours. As they sit on the bleachers while drinking, baekhyun took a peek of the giant that's playing the guitar.

"Wow he's really working hard isn't he?"

Jongin laughed when he see what state his hyung is, "Yeah he is but its okay hyung enjoys it."

"Hey, why did you call him hyung when we're all the same age?"

"I guess I just got used to it, when we play basketball anyone who's older should be call with hyung."

"Shouldn't you be calling me noona then?"

"That's for Kyungie only," He winks at her.

"Aish you brat," She playfully nudge his head.

She looked back at chanyeol again smiling to herself as she stare at chanyeol's focused face. Baekhyun kept this to herself, whenever she sees chanyeol's face so focus and undisturbed by his surrounding to do a task is something she really adores. When he did his math questions or strumming his guitar he would furrowed his brows and kept his lips tightly shut, it was a cute sight. At least for baekhyun is.

Jongin's voice disturbed her thoughts, "Lets finish it up shall we? Only a few more moves and we're done."

Baekhyun nodded at jongin's suggestion but looking at chanyeol one more time before going back to practice again.