Traitor

You Don't Know Love

Her alarm rang, notifying that is time to get up for school. She sat on the bed grabbing her phone to turn it off. Her head was still throbbing from yesterday's never ending crying session, the headache is just the worse thing. Finally opening her phone, she noticed her inbox and call logs are filled with a worried Jongin. She was grateful that Jongin stood up for her yesterday even though they've only known each other for a week or so, unlike the other guy.

 

She quickly send jongin a text, assuring him that she's okay.

not even a minute later Jongin replied,
 

You're in big trouble for worrying me byun baekhyun!!! \ ( `Д')ノ

 

she smiled at jongin's response. she stood up getting ready for school. Wearing her uniform, grabbing her glasses and tying her hair into a ponytail. She let out a huff when she sees how swollen her eyes are. Deciding to just ignore it, she proceed on getting ready for school.
 

-
 

Once she arrived at school, she saw Jongin from afar running up towards her way. "Yah! Byun baekhyun where were you? don't you ever pull something like yesterday again okay?! You made worried, you could've at least text me!" He was now scolding her while shaking her shoulder.

He stopped shaking her when he noticed her swollen eyes. Jongin caressed her face with a sad face, "Hey..are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"Sorry for making you worried jongin. I was just a little pissed yesterday, thats why I kinda stormed off. I needed to cool myself down," She scratches her neck.

"I swear I was about to punch that guy! if you didn't walk away so fast maybe I could've taught him a lesson," Jongin hits his palm threateningly.

"Violence is never the answer though."

"I have my own ways."

She laughed softly at his reply and dragged him into the school, "Lets just forget about yesterday okay? Thank you though for standing up to me. I know I might've ruin your popularity but-"

Jongin turned his back to her, "Stop! Just stop okay? Stop saying things like that, Its annoying."

She was surprised at Jongin's reply. Not knowing what to do, she opted to look away and keep shut, afraid of saying the wrong thing. Jongin is a kind and cheerful guy so knowing that he's mad, she must've pushed him to his limit. "I-I'm sorry, I just don't like it when you look down on yourself."

She smiled at him, relieved that he wasn't actually mad at her.

"Its just that..I know what its like to be you. I was actually like you during middle school. I was one of those kid who is always bullied by others."
 

She stared at in disbelief, really Kim Jongin? The friendly guy that everyone loves? He pulled her out of the hallway, heading towards the school's garden for more privacy. He sits on the bench and asks her to join him. Jongin look at the plants around the garden as he begin telling his story, "I was always bullied for my tan skin-and my hobby with dancing doesn't really help too. They called me names, they would often pushed me around too. It has really affected me to the point where I was ready to give up on everything."

She looked at him sadly
 

"But one day my knight and shining armor came to save me," He smiled to himself.

"Who is it?" She asked curiously.

"My girlfriend," he laughed to himself.

"Aww... what did she do, if i may ask?"

"She was the student council president of my school and she heard a story of someone being bullied in my batch. So one day, she just barged in to my classroom and started yelling at everyone, demanding for answer. She was a year older than us, that's why everyone was scared of her. Not to mention she was shooting them with her famous death glare." Jongin imitates the look of what baekhyun believe is his girlfriend.

"I didn't know who told her about me being bullied because people who telltale would usually be in deep trouble so when i asked how did she find out, she only told me that she has her ways."

Jongin smiled at the memory, "At first I was afraid of her but when she came up to me and told me not to let people say bad things about yourself i was taken back. She told me that I have to be able to love myself so that others can too. She assured that there's nothing wrong with me. She kept on giving me encouraging words."

Jongin laughed at the past memories, "At first I was hesitant on trusting her, but she kept on encouraging me to stand up for myself. That's why i chose to stop being a coward, I wanted to be brave, at least brave for her and after that on, I'd never let one say bad things about myself and in the end they managed to respect me. There will always be people who try to bring me down but this time, I won't let that get to me."

Baekhyun smiled endearingly at the story.

"So when I found out that people are bullying you, it sadden me, knowing you let them do those horrible things to you. It reminds me of how weak I was  back then. That is why I decided to approach you and befriend you."

"So that time in the basketball court, was it planned?"

"Well I was looking for an opportunity to approach you but I guess luck was on my side that day," He said proudly.

"Sneaky nini."

"Hey that rhymes!"

She laughed at his comment and then released a deep sigh, "Thank you so much Jongin, you're right. I should not be ashamed of myself."

"Can you tell me what happened yesterday?"

Baekhyun looked up to him, contemplating on telling him.

"You know i only wanted to help you right? Share your problems with me, it would lessen your worries."

Baekhyun looked down to her lap, thinking of how should she tells her story.

"You see, I thought umm...i thought I've finally found myself a..."

Jongin smiled at her, encouraging her to continue.

"A..a knight -Yeah like yours!"

She looks up and continues, "H-he came into my kingdom out of nowhere and decided to join my army. Seeing no harm in that, i let him to become an ally of mine. He would help me fight the enemies while protecting the kingdom while he at it. He was actually the best fighter out there."

Jongin giggled at the terms she's using.

"Too bad there was a plot twist though. Just when I was about to promote him, he turned against my back. He locked me up in the dungeon leaving me powerless andI lost the controll of my own kingdom. That's when the kingdom begun to crumble."

She's not aware that her eyes are teary, "I-it just hurts... T-the person you trusted the most turns out to be the reason behind the fall of your kingdom."

Jongin caresses her back.

"I cried myself out last night, hating myself even more, thinking how foolish I was for being tricked by him but at the same time, I realized that it was my fault too. If I didn't let my guard down, I wont be in this state right now."

She took off her glasses to wipe her tears and stares back at Jongin.

"I never told anyone about this...You see, I don't have any friends. People here are very judgmental, life was easier back in home."

Jongin grabs her hand, assuring her that he's here for her.

"I'm sorry, I'm talking crazy arent i? I didnt mean to talk too much. I-i tend to keep things to myself so i guess it kinda builds up and it just explodes," She laughed sadly.
 

"Baekhyun-ah, promise me one thing," Jongin looked serious.

Baekhyun only nodded at him, "Promise me that you'll be strong."

"Jongin I-"

"People have their ups and downs, they have their own time of weak but not being able to stand up and letting it consume you is what makes you weaker."

Her eyes begins to water again, "I'm here for you, know that you're not alone but you have to stand up for yourself too. Remember, you are the queen to your own kingdom. Your people needs you to stay strong for them."

He wipes her tears, "Yeah the kingdom is crumbling but its not yet demolished right? You can rebuild everything back! the kingdom's fate is in your hand. Don't let one person ruin your life."

She puts her glasses back smiling at jongin's touching words, "and next time, you can tell me about anything. I'm here for you and I bet kyungsoo noona too. I will be the replacement for your knight, for real this time," He showed his pinky finger that indicates as a promise.

She accepted his promise, "Well not to disappoint you, but I think I should be my own knight."

"Thats more like it!" He ruffled Baekhyun's hair.

"Well thank you so much Jongin I never thought I would have someone as a friend," She lets a tear drop from her eyes.

"Hey! Why are you crying? Is it that bad being friends with me?" He panicks when Baekhyun started crying again.

"Haha.. these are happy tears jongin, I'm relieved that I've found you."

"Correction, I found you."

She punched jongin and he whines at that.

"Anyway, is that your girlfriend's name?"

"Hm? Kyungsoo noona?"

She nods,

"Yeah, I cant wait to introduce her to you!"

"i can't wait to meet her too," she genuinely smiled at him.