Festival

You Don't Know Love

 

Baekhyun grabbed her corndog from the guy behind the booth. was already salivating ever since the guy cooked it, "Thank you ahjussi!" She quickly devoured her corndog wanting to look around the festival more. When she stares at the crowd and the pretty lights, she couldn't help but to take out her camera to take capture the breathtaking view.

 

 

Lets see what we have here... a bunch of kids with their parents.

A lot of teenagers... I'm guessing they're in middle school or perhaps high schoolers?

Ooh young couples... awww and old ones too, cute!

Wow some foreigners as well~

 

 

At times like this she wished she's not alone, if only she could ask her parents or her other relatives to tag along, basically anyone from her hometown. These kind of festival are meant to be enjoyed together with your lobved ones but for now baekhyun could only sighs and remind herself that she'll be fine. Being alone has become something she's grown accustomed to.

 

While she takes pictures of her surroundings, there was a sudden announcement regarding the stage performance. "Dear visitors, we would like to inform you that the band Hyukoh would be performing in 15 minutes at the main stage. We would also remind you that we have some games that you guys can play near the entrance, and don't forget! the most awaited part of the festival which is the firework show that will be held at 12. Please stay safe and enjoy the festival!"

 

Baekhyun's lips turn upwards as she heard the notice. She quickly made a run towards the stage with pure excitement as she heard that her favorite band is about to perform. When she finally reached the stage, she manage to make it in time and scored herself a good spot to watch. It was not a big crowd but not a small number of people too, just the exact amount of people to enjoy the show.

"I can't wait for them! I wonder what song would they play tonight~" Baekhyun whispered to herself while she adjust her camera preparing it for later. As she puts her eye onto the small window of the camera, she heard a faint sound of someone calling her name. 

She puts her camera down for a while to make sure that her ears are not playing with her, "Am I hallucinating or did someone actually called me?" She tilts her head questionably.

"Nah must've been other people," Baekhyun decided to shrug it off, turning her focus onto her camera once again.

 

"BAEKHYUN!!!"

 

Baekhyun's head immediately went up once again, 'Okay there's definitely someone calling for my name.'

 

Baekhyun looked around behind her while tiptoeing, trying to check the person who was calling her name, but at the same time the lights went off. "Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready to witness Hyukoh tonight?" The MC announced. The crowd answered with a loud cheer while at the same time shifting themselves closer to the stage, successfully pushing baekhyun.

Baekhyun sighed as she was getting pushed over. She decided to give up on finding the person who was calling out her name, maybe she could just search for them after the performance but as she turned her back to the stage, there was a firm grip on her shoulder.

"B-baek...baekhyun..." Someone breath heavily from behind her. When she finally saw the person who was calling her name, she was surprised 

but not entirely...

Because it's not the first time it happens. She had too many encounters with the person at the most inconvenient time.

 

"C-chanyeol? W-what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be somewhere else?" Baekhyun asked while looking at him confusedly.

"I wanted to come to the festival! and turns out the event finished earlier than i expected and by the way hello to you too." Chanyeol said all accordingly while looking way too happpy.

"Oh right... hi b-but wait I don't get it! you said you were busy earlier?" Baekhyun recalls their conversation earlier.

Chanyeol smiled and ruffle her hair, "You ask a lot of question huh Byun?"

Baekhyun scoffed at his reply and decided to just ignore him by turning back to the stage, looking at the staffs that are preparing the instruments.

While Chanyeol was wiping the sweats off his forehead from all the running earlier, he caught a glimpse of his surroundings. He was amazed at the venue and basically everything in general. The decorations, people and food look so festive... so lively.

"I think you're overdressed." Baekhyun say, bringing chanyeol to stop looking around focusing on the girl in front of him instead.

He inspects himself and quickly realized what she meant, "Ah yeah- i was too lazy to change my attire."

"Still... I think I fit just fine in here," Chanyeol said unconvincingly while he fix the collar of his dress-shirt.

"Stop flaunting yourself park chanyeol." She .

Chanyeol raised his brows challenging Baekhyun, "If you wanted to say that I look dashing you're allowed to you know?"

"I-i was not thinking of that! You're so full of yourself." She looked away once again, not believing what he just said.

"I just think that you looked d-different." She defended herself.

"I feel different, is different okay?"

"Different's great. I got the reference by the way, nice one." baekhyun winks and gives him a thumb up.

Chanyeol pat his own back, giving himself a credit.

"You're such a Disney nerd."

"But I must say, you look great Byun. I've never seen you wearing these kind of outfit... its a new sight really."

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6f626336485f34654559597a34673d3d2d3637343037373230382e313537353263623139623039316338393233333035303331343939372e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

 

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself." Baekhyun nudge his elbow.

Chanyeol shoot up a finger towards baekhyun's face, "See I knew it!"

"Yah don't push it," She slap his finger off her face.

 

The crowd suddenly cheer again as the band finally entered the stage. Baekhyun immediately screams while she take out her camera. Little did baekhyun know Chanyeol was looking at her fondly. yeah this is way better than that pretencious event.

 

The band finally enters the stage and greets the crowd before playing their first opening song.

 

Throughout the whole performance Baekhyun and Chanyeol sing along to their songs. Surprisingly, both of them knows most of the songs. I mean just a couple months ago they were listening to the band with shared earphones, and now here they are watching them live together.

Its rather funny how Baekhyun encouraged Chanyeol to sing loudly with her, and how easy it was for him to follow along while he grabs her hand, pretending like it was a mic. He was holding her hand for a long time which made baekhyun blush a little despite how rowdy and loud the concert is.

 

When the last song played, Baekhyun and Chanyeol sing from the top of their lungs while facing one and another.

 

You're like me

And I'm like you

What you're thinking right now

It's always the same as me

That's why I'm so in love

I love ya I love ya


when Baekhyun sang the last lyrics she immediately realized that it sounded weird so she quickly played it off by humming the next chorus. Chanyeol too was not so different from baekhyun state of awkwardness. When the band thanked the crowd for coming and bid their goodbyes, the both of them left earlier so that they won't have trouble going out.

 

 

-

 

 

 

"Wow, its really different listening to them from your phone and live." Chanyeol broke the silence.

"Yeah... they are indeed awesome. I'm glad they sing most of my favorite songs."

"I know right? They practically played my playlist!"

 

While they continued talking about the concert, chanyeol's stomach rumble surprising both of them, "I kinda didn't get the chance to eat at the umm... previous event." Chanyeol muttured obviously embarrassed.

"Well its a good a thing you came here in an empty stomach. There are so many good food you can't miss on, come follow me!" Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol to the food booth.

The both of them decided to eat different kinds of food. From the sweet ones to the salty ones. Not caring if they'll gain weight nor if they have sauce all over their lips, they were having too much fun, laughing at everything as if its only the two of them in the festival.

 

once the two finished eating, they got out of the food are to find a quieter place to sit. "Ah I'm really full~ now I'm all set for hibernation," Chanyeol said while lying down on the grass, a spot they found to watch the fireworks.

Baekhyun joined him while still keeping a safe distance between them, "Yeah... I think I can sleep through winter now."

 

The two of them are now just enjoying the comfortable silent, something they've been doing since they met. They never felt like they were being forced into talking just to lighten up the atmosphere.

Baekhyun sat up and checked her phone, its 11.35 just a couple minutes away from the fireworks.

She grab her bag and rummage to find her camera. She turn on the camera to inspect on the pictures she took earlier and was impressed with herself.

When she was about to show chanyeol a funny picture she took earlier, she realized that the guy is sleeping already.

 

Hmm no fun... such a sleepyhead.

 

Instead of playing with herself, an idea came up to her head. She laughs evilly in her head while she adjust herself near chanyeol, focusing the lense onto his face.

 

*click*

 

She take pictures of sleeping chanyeol while trying to hold her laugh back.

 

 

 

-

 

 

Hearing a faint giggle in front of him, made chanyeol stirred from his short nap.

 

Huh? what—

 

*click*

 

Another giggle.

 

When he noticed a camera in front of his face, he woke up from his beauty sleep, realizing that baekhyun might have been taking pictures of him sleeping, "Yah... what are you doing baekhyun-ah?" He rubbed his eyes trying to wake up from a daze.

"Nothing..." Baekhyun laughed innocently.

chanyeol stares in suspicious, "Have you been taking pictures of me sleeping?"

"I don't know what are you talking about," Baekhyun shook her head cutely.

"Then give me your camera," Chanyeol opens his palm.

"Don't wanna."

"Baekhyun..."

"Chanyeol..."

While baekhyun is unaware, chanyeol quickly grabbed the camera from her hand, successfully inspecting the gallery and and saw a couple pictures of him sleeping, "AHA! You were taking pictures while I slept!"

Baekhyun immediately take her camera back from his grasp, being the quick girl she is. Baekhyun only laugh when she see chanyeol pouting.

"Delete it please~" Chanyeol begged.

"Make me," Baekhyun put her tongue out.

"Please baek~ i looked so ugly! My eyes are not even fully closed." Chanyeol whined almost like a kid when they don't get the toys they want.

"Consider this as your payment for making me accompany you tonight." She reasoned.

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?" Chanyeol defended himself.

"What do you mean? You're the one who come up to me while shouting my name like a crazy guy." She tries to hold in her laugh.

"Hmmm... touché. Anywho, can I borrow your camera?"

"To delete the pictures? Yeah nice try Park."

"No I swear, I just wanna see your shots. I promise I wont delete the pictures. if I dio, you can just punch me or something."

Baekhyun handed him the camera, "You know I took hapkido right? I won't joke around If I were you."

"Aish this girl is really—" Chanyeol ruffled her hair and went back to inspect the pictures.

 

While the both of them look through the pictures together, chanyeol realized something was missing.

"Baek why is there no picture of you throughout the evening?"

"The photographer usually remained unseen," she joked around.

"Pfft shut up, let me take a picture of you then baek." He angled it towards baekhyun.

"A-ah Im not good with self portrait..." Baekhyun covered her face.

"What are you talking about? Just act natural and you'll be alright."

"I don't usually get my picture taken though..." she said while looking down to her lap.

"Okay lets just do it this way then. Let's do candid shots instead. That way you don't really have to face the camera," Chanyeol proposed.

"I guess we can try," Baekhyun looked away letting chanyeol take her pictures.

 

 

Chanyeol then took a couple of shots of her and let out a satisfied smile when he saw the result. While baekhyun was still looking away, chanyeol decided to experiment again,"Hey baek."

Just as he called baekhyun's attention, he snap a picture when she looked at him and at the same time the camera. When baekhyun realized what he just did, she become flustered at his action, "D-did you just—"

"Gotcha! Whoa so pretty..." chanyeol whispered to himself unaware of baekhyun's red face.

"You're being unfair... you took too much pictures already." Baekhyun whispered.

"What are you talking about? There's a lot of pictures of me here! Don't think that I don't see it, and here I am thinking you only took pictures of me when I sleep." Chanyeol smirks at her.

Baekhyun was speechless at his words and decided to just stay quiet instead.

 

Seeing baekhyun's face, chanyeol quickly poked it, "Hey stop pouting. I don't mind that you took them, In fact I actually wonder if we can have a picture together."

"Really? But how though... There's no way we can set up the camera there with a timer." Baekhyun looked around.

Chanyeol thought for a while and suddenly stand up while holding the camera. He approached someone talk to them, baekhyun assumed that he's asking for a favor. Chanyeol run back to baekhyun and sit comfortably next to her. "All settled, now all we gotta do is smile for the camera."

The woman who is holding baekhyun's camera smiled at her and giving them a gesture to pose. Getting the signal, chanyeol put his arms around baekhyun while his other hand made a peace sign. Baekhyun then follow along by doing the same pose.

When Baekhyun was ready to thank her after she took a picture, the woman interrupted her, "Awww you guys look great together! Another picture wont hurt." She cooed.

Chanyeol shrug it off and went along with it, "I don't see why not?"

After one shot, the lady made them take a couple more picture encouraging them to do different pose in every take.

The both of them were flustered at first but after awhile they grown quiet used to it and was actually posing naturally and comfortably.

When the woman wrap up her photo session the both of them thanked her for helping them.

"You're welcome.. you guys are so adorable. What a good couple," with that the woman walk away.

The two decided to pretend that they don't hear that, although one of them is actually really happy to hear the nice comment from the woman.

"I like this one, you look stupid here." Baekhyun point at one of the picture while the both of them look through the pictures.

"Rude, Oh I like this one! You look sleepy Byun~"

"You just keep on coming onto me Park."

"i wouldn't do it if you don't start it," Chanyeol's turn to put out her tongue.

Baekhyun just shrugged chanyeol's childish remark and went back on inspecting the pictures, "Hey are you gonna print these?"

"Yeah, do you want a copy too?"

"Yes please, I want all of them!"

"Including your sleeping face?" Baekhyun teases.

"Haha funny Byun, but yes please..."

Baekhyun giggled while keeping her eyes still to the camera.

 

Chanyeol looked at the girl who's smiling so warmly to herself. In all honesty, Chanyeol could never get enough of that smile of her. Its too beautiful to miss.

"Even the picture with your face," Chanyeol said softly while still looking at her.

Baekhyun finally looked up from the camera, "Wha—"

 

*Boom*

*Boom*

*Boom*

 

 

The firework shows started, which indicates that its midnight already.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

for those who wonder what song is it

HYUKOH - LOVE YA!