Start of Something New

You Don't Know Love

Baekhyun spends most of her time in an old and unused classroom that's located on the highest floor of the school where students rarely hang out. Since she was bullied a lot, she chose to avoid places where the students usually linger.

The first year of high school is the toughest year for her. Baekhyun thought being a transfer student was an exciting thing, especially knowing that she'd be attending school in the city but sadly, her expectations are far off from reality. Baekhyun was a misfit to the students there, an outcast which everyone seemed to discriminate. most of the students mock her for being a nerd and a weirdo, hence why she was getting bullied. 

The bullies were constantly targeting her, she could be doing nothing and she would still be dragged into one of their pranks. One time she sat at the far corner of the cafeteria to have a peaceful lunch but was found by her bullies and ended up with her hair drenched in milk. Then there was another attempt again, this time at the library. Sadly, it ended up with her things scattered on the floor. So with that, she was eager to find a secluded place where she can hide from those nasty people.

Baekhyun went as far as checking every corner of the school, including every room in each floor. In the end, she was lucky to find an unused classroom on the 3rd floor that she claimed as her hideout. Ever since that day she's been hanging out by herself in the classroom, during break or dismissal time. She would do her homework, write, read, sleep, eat, even cleaning the room. The classroom was baekhyun's life saver throughout high school. Her first year of being constantly bullied were lessen because she would hide in the classroom and escaped the pranks they set up for her.

As another year passed, people stopped caring about bullying her because of her constant absences. i mean dont get her wrong, she was still bullied but they stop putting too much effort on her. but which every chance they have they would still harass her, at least verbally.

 

On her third year people rarely disturbs her, plainly because most of them were occupied with planning for university, prom or other things, which was very relieving for her. People these days don't really approach her opting to just ignore her instead, but just to be safe Baekhyun would still escape from the crowd and goes towards her hideout where she can hide.

 

if only she has the courage to face them and stand up for herself.

 

Like any other day, Baekhyun was casually playing her phone in the hideout to pass time before her next class starts. But all of the sudden, she heard an abrupt sound of the door sliding. Baekhyun jumped on her seat surprised at the intruder. She yelped at the sound of the door opening, realizing that there's someone who just found her hideout.

 

'Oh crap. Did I finally get caught?', She thought nervously at the other person who was standing by the door.

 

The person at the door let out a small surprised sound. He was holding onto his chest, probably startled of Baekhyun's presence. For a second, he looked like he just saw a ghost. Then the boy proceed on looking back at her to check if she's a real person. When he's sure that she's pretty much human he let out a relieved breath that he was holding for a long time.

The guy then went silent and his face turned from scared to confused, he looked like he was in deep thought. When she gets a good look on the boy, Baekhyun noticed that its not one of her bullies. She then let out a sigh in relief, thanking heavens for saving her. she then tried to inspect the guy's face, trying to recognize the student. She felt like she has seen the guy before, but she's not so sure of his name however she do knows that he's in the same year as him.

The boy was the one who speaks first , he muttered an apology to Baekhyun. "I am sorry... I'm just looking for a place to sleep. I-i was looking for somewhere quiet, i need to get away from the noises. I couldn't sleep in the library because I'll get kicked out a-and that's why I toured around the school and stumbled into this room -But im sorry! I thought it was unoccupied," He state his reason quite fast, explaining for the sudden intrusion as if he was rapping.

Baekhyun only stared at him, not knowing what to reply to the boy, "Well.. I guess i'll be off now, S-sorry again for bothering you." He turned his back heading towards the door but suddenly halt his steps when he heard the girl's voice.

"Y-you can stay if you like," Baekhyun stood up from her seat halting him with her soft voice.

He turned his head making sure of what she just said,"E-excuse me?"

"Umm..y-yeah, I mean its not my place to begin with. I was just hanging out in here, A-and supposedly It's open for all students." Baekhyun doesn't want to give away her hideout to some stranger, who knows? he could invite his other friends here too.. but at the same time she doesn't want to be selfish of something that is not even her property. Plus she couldn't just shoo the guy away. So in the end she decided to let him in.

 

the guy is harmless anyway.. he only wanted a place to rest...right?

 

"Oh..Really? Thank you then, I appreciate it," He then walked to one of the chair while inspecting the classroom. When he was done looking around he took a seat quietly, trying not to disturb the girl beside him. After a couple minutes os silence he decided to rest his head on the table remembering the reason why he came here in the first place.

 

They were sitting not too far from each other, there were only 2 desks standing in between them. Baekhyun thought of how he could've pick another seat, considering how there were a lot of chairs in the classroom but in the end she chose to ignore it and proceed on what she was doing before.

 

There were no words exchange until the boy lift his head and looked at baekhyun, "I'm Chanyeol, incase you don't know."

Baekhyun turned her head at the sudden introduction. "Baekhyun, nice to meet you." She gave him a small smile.

 

Chanyeol shoot her back with a warm smile, "Same here."

 

 

-

 

 

Once they've return to their previous activity, Baekhyun writing something and Chanyeol trying to get some sleep the class becomes quiet again. Chanyeol then realize he's not sleepy anymore instead he was more curious of the girl sitting a couple seat away from him.

 

why is she here? in some empty classroom...what is she actually doing?

 

Curiosity gets to Chanyeol and made him asked the girl he barely know, "What are you doing if I may ask?"

 

Baekhyun looked up from her book, "Hm? Oh this? I-im writing a something."

 

"What is it?" his head turns towards the book she was holding.

 

"A-a song."

 

Chanyeol immediately sit up straight, "Whoa cool! I've always wanted to write a song, but I never get to finish one." Chanyeol said enthusiastically.

"W-why is that?" She asked genuinely curious at the boy.

"Well it always started good, but then half way I'd be lost not knowing what to write. So I have like a lot of unfinished songs," he chuckled.

"Right I feel you too, I often get ideas block."

"Do you play any instrument?"

"Only the piano, what about you?"

"I can play the guitar, drum, and a little bit of piano."

"Wow, that's impressive." She smiled at him again, catching him off guard.

Chanyeol smiled at the girl, "You're not so bad yourself."

 

-

 

Baekhyun is usually a shy person but somehow Chanyeol managed to open her up quickly, She learned that Chanyeol is really easy to talk to. She also noticed that they have a lot of things in common and with that they become friends pretty easily. Baekhyun doesn't know much about the guy nor is she eager to find out more. She rather have him being the one to open up to her, but just recently she found out that Chanyeol is quiet popular in school.

She once saw him outside of a classroom surrounded by many students. Well he is friendly so its no surprise for her. If he can talk to a weirdo like Baekhyun of course he'd be getting along just fine with the other normal ones. At first she was kinda hesitant on befriending him because the popular kids usually insult Baekhyun for her nerdy looks or behavior, but surprisingly Chanyeol managed to prove her wrong.

Later on, meeting each other in the classroom become a regular thing for them. They would talk about a lot of things in the classroom. They can talk about the most random thing they could ever think of, but their favorite topic revolve around music. She learned that he's planning to take music engineering in the future. She also told him how she's interested in taking music composition. Funny how they can relate from one to another.

When they're not talking, they usually share earphone, showing each other's playlist. They often recommend each other songs, that the other might like. Both of them would like the suggested songs because they more or less have the same music preference.

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f75513667756c4f33466b6f626b513d3d2d3438363839313831302e313466313764636333306565643763633636393732313037343537302e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280        

 

When Chanyeol casually shift a strand of her hair behind her ear to put in the earphone, He does not realize the effect it had on baekhuyn. Her heart would sometimes flutter at the littlest thing he's done. Baekhyun doesn't know when did she started feeling nervous towards chanyeol's gestures but she would shrug it off as nothing, convincing herself that she's just a shy person even though it didn't really help her. Something that Baekhyun can't shake off is when he looks at her in the eyes whenever they talk, it would make her face turns all red and warm.

Although they don't hang out in the public, Baekhyun is comfortable with what they have right now. She treasured her friendship with him since she don't really have someone to call as her friend, that is why she thinks that its best for the others to remain unaware of their friendship. 

 

What if they found out that chanyeol has been hanging out with a nerd? that could ruin chanyeol's reputation.

 

but despite of being scared of how the others would judge her, she still wants to be friends with Chanyeol. He was the first person since high school who's interested in befriending her. She was contented on being friends with Chanyeol because she knew that he's one of the special people in her life. Her aspect on being only friends with him quickly change though, it was up until one afternoon.

 

At first they were talking about universities but the topic escalated quickly onto the future. He was telling her how he wants to pursue his dream job in the music industry and how he always dreamt of having a big loving family. He also told Baekhyun how he wonders going home to his wife cookings and getting hugs from his kids.

Baekhyun was surprised when they crossed the topic, he never talked about something so personal to her. She never heard of him talking about his personal life before, let alone his dreams. With Chanyeol telling her about his aspiration, it makes her feel really special, and surprisingly at that very same time she also realizes how she wants to be a part of his future.

 

 

-

 

 

In another afternoon during their lunch break, They hung out in their usual hideout for their daily meeting. They were singing together like usual, while trying to finish up the song that they're making together, yeah they agreed to put both of their musical skills into an art piece. After an hour or so, they decided to take a break from singing and composing.

Chanyeol put his guitar away, "You know.. your voice is really good. You can say that it's one of my favorite things out there— Like it's really soothing."

"T-thank you, Y-yours too..." She stammered while blushing deeply.

"Nah, my voice is not like yours," Chanyeol wave his hands off.

"Well y-yeah.. but it doesn't change the fact that you have an amazing voice -and just because we have a different type of voice doesn't mean that is not as beautiful."

he laughed at her response "Right, you're always right."

"Besides, that way we can complement each other."

He chuckled at her statement, "True. By the way have you ever perform in front of people?"

"N-no, you're one of the first person who had listened to my singing... a-aside from my family of course."

"What? Are you lying? A voice like that shouldn't be kept from the world!" He looked at her with confusion.

"Err- I'm too embarrassed to sing in front of other people," she looked down while playing with her fingers.

"Hm? Then why did you show me your singing?"

"W-well, I don't know... I just feel comfortable with y-you."

he smiled with satisfaction, "Well I'm honored, and for the record I feel comfortable when I'm with you too. Its like I don't really have to hide myself, it all just comes naturally. It almost feels like I've known you for ever."

She smiled softly at him, her crescent eyes were staring back at his deep brown orbs, "I'm glad to hear that."