Heart Fluttering

You Don't Know Love

Baekhyun was staring intently at the clock that is ticking way too slow. She smiled to herself not being able to contain her excitement on meeting Chanyeol today. Since she's living alone, cooking has become something that she do everyday to. Thankfully, her mother has a hobby on cooking so it become very useful for Baekhyun. She recalled Chanyeol telling her about his favorite dish yesterday. So being the great cook she is, she decided to surprise him with her cooking skill.

When the bell rings, she jumped from her seat making a way towards the door and accidentally bumping someone at the door. She immediately turns around to apologize to the person, "I-im sorry I didn't see you there."

 

"Yah! Are you blind? you're already wearing a glasses for God sake, or did you perhaps get the wrong prescription?"

 

It was one of her bully, Im Jinah, she was one of the most popular girl in the school. She is known for her beautiful face and amazing body.

 

"I'm really sorry J-jinah-shi," She quickly bow and run way from her before Jinah can say anything in return.

 

She dashed through the hallway, running towards the stairs, this time while looking at where she's going.

When she reached the unused classroom, she slowly walks to one of the chair and sit on it to catch her breath.

 

That was close...

 

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to steady herself and while she was trying to adjust her breathing the door was suddenly open. She yelp in surprise at the sudden intruder, gripping onto her lunchbox tightly trying to shield herself. Another seconds later she heard someone chuckling, she immediately has her arms up shielding her head from any danger. 

The person then grabs her arm making her flinch even more, "Why are you so surprised? I thought you'd get used to me by now," He took a sit next to her showing his usual teeth rich smile.

She opens her eyes, hands retreating back to see the person in front of her.

Baekhyun then let out a breath that she's been holding, "I-i thought you were someone else."

He looked back towards the door, "Hm? I don't think anyone knows about this place. Its our hideout for a reason right?"

 

Our hideout...?

 

she blushed at what he said, choosing to look down to her lap instead so that he cant see her red face.

"Besides this place is way too far from the main hall," He said putting down his bag.

"Well you managed to find your way here, why can't others too?"

"Now thats a different story. You see, only smart people can find this place," He pointed his brain.

"Silly Chanyeol," She giggled.

Chanyeol smiled at her, "But why were you so surprised though?"

"Like I said, I thought you were someone else, and I don't feel really comfortable around this certain person so I was afraid of that person finding out about..o-our hideout."

"Does this person did something bad to you or something?"

"No! umm.. just like you, I just need some time away. T-that person is kinda annoying," She prays for him to believe her spontaneous reason.

"Oh I see," Chanyeol only nodded at her, not wanting to pry into her personal life further  because he himself doesn't know the boundary of their friendship.

She quickly divert the topic by reaching out to her lunch box, "A-anyway guess what I got!"

"Hm..what is it?" He looks down curiously at the object she's handing.

Baekhyun hand him the lunch box she was holding earlier as a shield.

He then opens the bag to see a container filled with his favorite food, "Wait no way! Dakgalbi?!"

She nods, laughing internally at his cuteness.

"Wait... did you made this?"

She nodded slowly.

"Why?" He was confusedly.

"W-well you mentioned that you haven't eaten this in a while so I decided to make one for you, and I also had some time to spare yesterday."

He recalled saying that to her awhile ago but he never thought she would go the trouble,

"Whoa Baek, you're too kind. Thank you so much, I appreciate it." He pinched her cheek

"Y-you're welcome, go ahead try it," She rubs her cheek while encouraging him.

He opens the lid smelling the food, "You don't really have to you know."

"Yeah but I want too," She rested her face into her palms waiting for his reaction.

"Aren't you gonna eat this with me?"

"I already eat during the first break."

"Oh okay then, thank you for the food, I'll enjoy it!" 

Soon after grabbing a spoonful of the dakgalbi to his mouth, he looked at her with wide eyes, making baekhyun doubt her cooking skill.

"Whoa! This is really good Baek, you're really good at cooking," Chanyeol said with his mouth full.

She was relieved at the comment, "That's good to hear. Now eat properly, swallow your food first before talking, its gross."

"I understand~"

It was true that Chanyeol hasn't eaten this in awhile, he missed this. He missed home cooked food. Since both of his parents works late everyday he rarely eats at home, usually he'd just eat fast food, almost forgetting what real food taste like.

He laughed to himself, "You would make a great wife someday Baek."

Baekhyun was caught of guard at the words. She only reply him with a smile, not knowing what to reply at the sudden statement.

The boy was happily eating but stops immediately, confusing the girl. Baekhyun curiously asked, "Is something wrong?"

He grabbed his bag, zipping it quickly, grabbing something from there. "Here, I almost forgot that I also brought you something." 

She hold the paper bag from him. Baekhyun tilts her head looking up to him confusedly, "What is this?"


"You're not gonna find out unless you open it right?"

Instead she only looked at at the bag, thinking really hard. "Well.. What are you waiting for? Open it up!" As she opened up the bag, she was surprised at what's inside of it.

As she opened up the bag, she was surprised at what's inside of it

It was a cake, specifically her favorite cake. Baekhyun was speechless for a while, "You mentioned that you like strawberry shortcake right?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

"You remembered?" Baekhyun asked quietly.

"Well yeah..."

"You really don't have to.."

"Hey you made me lunch, I think it's fair for me to treat you dessert."

She smiled at him warmly, "Thank you so much Chanyeol, no one has ever done this to me." 

Chanyeol smiled, somehow the way his name rolls out from is different from other people. "You're welcome, now lets eat shall we?"

She nodded at him still smiling.

 

While they eat their food, Chanyeol decided to strike conversation by telling her about his pet. It doesnt take long for Baekhyun to be fully immersed to his story. She also shared a story about her pet corgi which she boast about, making chanyeol laugh at how proud she was towards her pet. They talk about Baekhyun's dog, Mongryong and Chanyeol's dog, Toben for the whole time they were eating. They were telling each other stories, showing pictures and videos of their dogs. Chanyeol even made a plan on letting them meet each other for a playdate. Baekhyun wonders if she could also have her own playdate with Toben's owner. Though the thought of Chanyeol asking her to hangout outside of the classroom alone is already making her all giddy up inside.

 

A couple of minutes later their food were long gone, "Ah~ I'm so full," she moaned.

He only laughed at her cuteness, realizing that she got an icing on her lips, "Hey you got a little," He motioned the corner of his lips.

"Huh?" She asked confusedly while touching her face.

He scoot closer to her and putting his hand on the side of her face. Baekhyun was surprised at his action. Her heart was beating really loudy, to the point where she's afraid that he might hear it. She was frozen, she could only stare at his face, finding herself lost in his eyes once again. 

As his face got closer to her, Baekhyun being baekhyun, not knowing on what to do opted to close her eyes instead. One second later, she felt his other hand slip underneath her jaw, tilting it up. Baekhyun internally scream at this, she can feel his breath fanning over her's. Then a couple of second later she felt a finger brush on top of her lips making shiver.

 

.

.

.

.

.