Different Reason

You Don't Know Love

After weeks passed, Chanyeol became tired of his routine.

He would hang out with Jinah after school in the mall but he soon realized that they only do the things that she likes, such as shopping or getting her hair done.Not to mention she always asked to eat in fancy restaurants, not that he has trouble paying for it, it was just...

boring

 

Empty

 

Not special

 

Something he couldnt look forward to

 

it was actually something he'd rather avoid.

 

She would only gossips about everything thats happening in the school, not even bothering to asked him about his day. Sometimes chanyeol missed the old times he spent with baekhyun, when everything was so simple. He remembered when she made him his favorite food, it was one of the kindest thing he ever receive from someone. Where as Jinah probably has zero knowledge of what he likes. He could talk to baekhyun freely, while talking to Jinah only limited to either bad mouthing people or the newest fashion trends.

When Chanyeol laid down at night on his bed, his thoughts floats around Baekhyun. He tends to think back to his decisions and then to all the what ifs. If he was being honest, he is starting to regret going out with Jinah. Chanyeol's thoughts then wavered onto how baekhyun is doing right now.
 

 

-
 

 

The next day rolled, and it was lunch time already. Chanyeol was the first one to leave the class. He made his way to the stairs, heading towards his old hideout and successfully dodging his friends and girlfriend. As he reached the classroom he put his ear against the door to listen. When he heard nothing, he opened the door slowly, checking the classroom out. He found out that the class was dark and a bit dustier than usual.

He made his way inside the classroom inspecting his surroundings. He made his way to the window and opens the curtains, letting some light into the classroom. Chanyeol then strolled around the class, looking around and reminisce the time he spent in there. His eyes travelled around, tracing at the desks but stopping when he see something on one of the desk.

It was a paper, he then lifts it up to read the paper. He knows the paper, or more like he knows who the paper belongs to. He scanned through the words that was written on the paper. Finally recognizing the words as the lyrics to a song that Baekhyun and him were working on. His brows furrowed knowing that Baekhyun just threw away their work. He thinks Baekhyun was being a little bit too cruel but at the same time he realized he was doing the same thing to baekhyun, so of course she would throw away anything thats related to him.

 

Great I just made her hate me.

Chanyeol sat on the chair, face dejected with a heavy heart. He felt sad, empty and was actually scared.

Did he just ruin everything?

That afternoon he cried quietly in the classroom while clutching onto the paper.
 

-
 

When the next day rolls he felt awful, he didn't get enough sleep last night because he was conflicted. He sat at the end of the table, next to his friend Kris. Praying that his friends and girlfriend would leave him alone for the day, "Hey dude you alright?" Kris eventually ask.

"Yeah just a little migraine," Resting his head to the table.

"Go eat something dude, you're getting skinnier and skinner." Chanyeol responded back only with a hum.

"Yah, is that Kai? What is he doing there and who is that with him?"

Kris nudged chanyeol by the shoulder but his question was just ignored. Once again kris disturbs chanyeol from his sleep. Chanyeol grumbled while raising his head looking to where kris was looking. When he look at kai laughing with a girl, face too familiar to him his body sit straight immediately.

"Why is he hanging out with that nerd?"

Chanyeol looks at him, waiting for his next move.

Kris scoffed at himself standing up from his seat while smirking, "Well this is gonna be interesting."

"Kris stop." Chanyeol hand reach to stop kris from moving.

Kris grinned at chanyeol putting his hand away, "What? I'm just curious as why is he hanging out with some loser. Its not the first time I saw him with the nerd, he barely hangs with us anymore!"

 

Not the first time?

 

Kris stormed off the table walking towards Kai's table. Finally snapping  out of his mind Chanyeol quickly catch up to kris, grabbing into kris's arm preventing him from going any further, "Dude just let him hangs with whoever he wants."

"Look, I'm just gonna talk to him okay?" Kris put down chanyeol's hand gently.

He then took a couple step towards them but soon halted back once more by Chanyeol, "Kris I'm serious. Don't get into trouble, just let the girl alone. What if she tells on you to the teachers? W-we might not be able to join the competition then," Chanyeol reasoned out.

"Relax dude, I got this," Kris winks at him. After that kris walks away from their table, leaving chanyeol panicking by himself. Chanyeol let out a huff, foot tapping in worry.

 

Ah it.

 

Chanyeol walks up behind kris, hoping that kris can keep his mouth shut. Kris was surprised to see chanyeol's sudden presence beside him, not to mention how chanyeol was being weird but quickly shrugging him off knowing that chanyeol is sometimes weird, and focusing back to the reason on why he approached kai at the first place.

 

"Yah Kim Kai," he greets kai coldly.

Kai looked up to the guy who appeared suddenly, "Oh Ge? What's up?"

"Have you arrange the practice schedule with coach?"

Kai nodded at him.

"Did you reserved the gym?"

Chanyeol stop listening to his two teammates conversation and glanced over the girl sitting across Kai. She was looking down to her lap, is it because of his presence? Does she feel intimidated by him?

When Chanyeol heard kris humming he looked back at kris hoping that he's done with whatever he's planning to do. Chanyeol then saw Kris avert his attention to Baekhyun. Chanyeol was alarmed at his cold stare, he could see how Baekhyun is fidgeting under his stare.

"Who is she?" His tone was clearly unpleasant to the ear.

"Her? She's my friend, Baekhyunnie" He introduced her cutely.

The way Kai introduces her as 'baekhyunnie' irked something inside of Chanyeol.

Chanyeol scoffed at their closeness while staring at Kai in a not-so-friendly way, but was not noticed by anyone since their attention was fully on baekhyun. Kris might have mistaken Chanyoel's scoff for something else.

Baekhyun looked up when her name was mentioned. She bowed her head slightly while muttering, "Nice to meet you."

Kris smirk and turn to kai, "Yah kai why are you hanging out with this nerd?"

The three of them were shock at kris's rude question, but one out of the three managed to hide it. Jongin only stare at him in disbelief, "Excuse me?"

"Why are you hanging out with the nerd? Are you that bored?" Kris repeats.

Jongin stood up from his seat grabbing Kris's collar, "That girl has a name and you better say sorry to her this instance."
 

She tries to pull Jongin down by his arm        

She tries to pull Jongin down by his arm. "Nini, its okay just let it go."

"Nini huh? Whoa you two must be pretty close to call each other with pet names," Kris scoffs at the nickname, Chanyeol would scoff at the nickname too but with an entirely different reason.

"Still I wonder, why would you waste your time with that girl? She's not even hot dude, right chanyeol?" He nudged Chanyeol with his elbow.

Chanyeol was surprised at the sudden question but he chose to ignore kris instead. All the sudden Baekhyun stand up getting out of her seat, walking away from the table, bumping into Chanyeol in the process. Chanyeol tensed at the action and turned his gaze to where Baekhyun ran off to.

Jongin let go of kris's collar trying to follow her but was held back by his kris once again, "Come on man, just leave her alone. I can find you someone better."

"Shut the up Kris," With that kai pushed kris off to run after Baekhyun.

It was the first time chanyeol saw Kai getting all riled up.

 

He is always sweet... did Kris really pushed his buttons? or perhaps did he really care for Baekhyun?


Kris dust off his uniform, "Whats wrong with Kai I swear, he has no taste on girls."

Chanyeol was in deep thought.

"I have to go," Chanyeol left immediately thinking of baekhyun whereabouts.

"Hm Chanyeol?" Kris didn't hear chanyeol leaving.