Sending You Signal

You Don't Know Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8hsJ984bQ 

please check this video first before u read this chapter^^

 

-

 

 

 

Today is the first day of the final exam and surprisingly chanyeol is not panicking. He reviewed all the notes baekhyun gave to him and made sure to memorize all the formulas that would needed in the test. Chanyeol never feel this ease during finals, he remembers how he would cramp the entire subject all in one night  or he could not go through all that work just by giving up from right from the start. Either way, the result will have the same outcome.

He sincerely wants to thank baekhyun for teaching him. Even though teaching him is not an easy task she managed to pull through. So here he is standing In front of the class waiting for her. Earlier this morning chanyeol made the extra effort to wake up earlier to buy things from the convenience store. In order of returning the favor, Chanyeol has bought her a breakfast set because he knows that she hasn't been eating properly lately, knowing how much she prioritized studying. And as if on cue he saw baekhyun walking towards her class while eyeing the book she's holding.

"Baekhyun-ah!" Chanyeol caught up to her.

Baekhyun looked up from her book and saw chanyeol standing not too far from her classroom, "Chanyeol? Why are you here? Especially this early..." she looked at her watch, making sure of the time.

"The test doesn't start in another 1 hour and your classroom is not even here," Baekhyun looked at him weirdly.

"You don't think I know that? Silly girl." He ruffled baekhyun's hair making her stood still at the sudden action.

"I came to give you this," He handed a plastic bag to her.

Baekhyun accept the bag while looking up to his face questionably.

"I bet you haven't eaten breakfast right? Well i got you some bread, milk, banana, and chocolate. Oh! and I also bought you vitamins, its good for the body so make sure to drink it okay?"

"Y-you don't have to," Baekhyun looked down embarrassingly.

"Its for teaching me."

"I told you, you dont have to—"

"But I want too."

Baekhyun silently gaped at his statement but soon smile at chanyeol's warm intention.

"Fine thanks for this. By the way, are you ready for the test? Do you have anything you're still confused of?"

"Nah, I can safely say that I'm ready. Funny how this is the first time in 6 years that I'm ready for a test, an academic test." Chanyeol said proudly.

Baekhyun giggled at his retorts, "Do you think you'll get a good marks then?"

"Oh I don't think so, I know so." He sassily replied.

Once again baekhyun's lips twitch upwards catching chanyeol off guard, "Fine lets have a bet, if you get a good score I'll give you a gift."

"Whoa really?" Chanyeol asked excitedly.

Baekhyun nods at him.

"Well you have to prepare that gift for me then byun baek." Chanyeol smiled widely showcasing his dimples.

As the hall starts to pack up with students the two of them bid each other goodbyes and wishing each other good lucks.

 

 

-

 

 

 

After finals are finished, baekhyun now can give her full focus to her performance. So here she is in the music room waiting for jongin to arrive. Baekhyun was sitting in front of the piano, playing random notes. When the door opens, baekhyun shifter her head to the new comer. There in front of the door stands a giant who's been occupying her mind lately.

"Hi chanyeol," She tried to act as normal as possible.

"Hey baek," Chanyeol walked in all smiling while carrying his guitar on his back.

"Where's Kai?"

"I don't know, he has not been replying me since morning. Have you seen him perhaps?"

"Not really... last time I saw him was during PE, but that was this morning."

"Guess we just have to wait for nini then," Baekhyun smiled while continuing playing the piano.

 

Chanyeol still doesn't like the nickname baekhyun have for jongin, he too wanted to have pet names like him.

Get a hold of yourself chanyeol, now is not the time to be sulky about it.

 

As the melody caught his ears, his attention is diverted to baekhyun playing the piano. This is the first time for chanyeol to listen and witness baekhyun playing the piano and its an amazing scenery. Chanyeol unconsciously walked closer to the piano, standing behind baekhyun. He observed her beautiful fingers that are pressing the keys of the piano. Baekhyun sensed someone standing behind her and yelped as she realized it was chanyeol, "Oh my god chanyeol don't sneak up on me like that!"

"I-im sorry! I was just entranced by the way you play."

"Oh... thank you."

"C-can I?" Chanyeol asked gesturing the seat beside baekhyun.

Baekhyun nodded, letting chanyeol sits next to her.

 

Baekhyun's heartbeat is going faster and her face is getting red at the proximity of them. The seat is not the biggest seat but it could fit two people, that if the two sits as closely.

Calm yourself byun baekhyun!  She tries to steady herself in her head.

 

"What song was that?"

"I-its called my turn to cry."

"Its beautiful," Chanyeol stares at baekhyun in the eyes.

Baekhyun nudge his stares by shifting her eyes to the keyboard instead, "T-thank you."

Chanyeol sense the awkwardness so he tries to enlighten to situation by playing random notes on the piano.

Carefully when the atmosphere has settle down again, baekhyun plays another melodies again, accompanying chanyeol's playing. Its amazing how they can harmonize the melody together at instinct. 

Baekhyun then plays a familiar song that Chanyeol recognized immediately.

"I like that song."

"Really? its my favorite song."

"Me too!" Chanyeol said enthusiastically.

When baekhyun finishes playing the song that they both liked which is Tender Love, she saw chanyeol smiling so warmly at her.

 

When it was Chanyeol's turn to play the piano he was playing notes that she's doesn't recognize, though it seems oddly familiar to her. She tried rummaging her brain for the song her's currently playing but nothing comes to her head as she failed to recognize the melody. Although she failed to guess the song, she decided to just let herself enjoy the song. Its a soothing melody that baekhyun couldn't just put her hands on, she cant describe what makes it so different and special. And just by looking at chanyeol's face when he's playing it, she knew that he has an attachment to the song.

Once chanyeol finished playing it he took a glance at baekhyun carefully.

"Thats a great song, what song was it?"

"I-its...Umm... a self-composed song..."

"You mean you made it?" baekhyun asked with a surprised face.

"Yeah...I know its a little unfinished and all over the place but Im working on it." He rubs the back of his neck, embarrassed of himself.

"Are you kidding me? It was wonderful! All you need is the lyrics. But knowing you, lyrics could be hard thing to, do am I right?"

"H-how did you—"

"You told me once remember? You loved composing song but when it comes to the lyrics you stop right away."

"R-right."

Chanyeol blushed when baekhyun recalled their past conversation, it got him thinking. Back then when they were close to each other, everything was perfect. They had the same taste in music with him being the composer and baekhyun the lyricist. And they actually made a song together, well a half finished song. But even back then they connect with everything be it music or food or anything else.

 

Was he blind when he left such an amazing girl?

 

Baekhyun smiled at him while thinking of another song to play. As she was about to press the key her phone rings, "Ah its jongin." She informed chanyeol while walking away from the piano.

Right jongin... come on yeol you had your chance, you can't just steal her away from jongin.

 

Baekhyun came back to the seat after saying goodbye to jongin through the phone, "Jongin said he couldn't make it, something about hanging out with her sister." 

"How are you gonna practice then?"

"I'm not sure..." Baekhyun pouting sadly.

Chanyeol silently squeal at the sight, he forgot how cute baekhyun could be.

"You've been practicing your dancing since the start, I'm no professional like Kai but I think you're already great."

baekhyun only scoff at that.

"-So instead i was wondering if i can help you practice with your singing? I mean i'm not that good in singing too but I'm more familiar with it."

Baekhyun smiled warmly at chanyeol, "Yeah that sounds like a good idea."

Chanyeol placed his fingers on the keys, "Your song was Twice's Signal right?"

Baekhyun nods leaving chanyeol to find the keys to the song. After pressing a couple notes he nods to himself, "Okay I think I got it."

Chanyeol starts the song by playing some of the chords. The song feels different from the one she's going to perform with. Its sounded more like a ballad, which something she preferred more.

 

Chanyeol hum in the beginning of the song with his low melodic voice.

 

A look, a gesture, any expression

Is useless, none of them work

I don't think you have any instincts

How much more can I express my feelings

One day I started to like you, you idiot

How can you not know how I feel

How much longer are you gonna be dully

Treat me like a friend, That isn't what I want

 

Chanyeol didn't realized how much he relates to the song, so here he is singing his heart out trying to send baekhyun a signal.

 

Sending you a sign, sending you a signal

Buzz buzz buzz buzz

I want you, I want you

Why is there no reaction

Whenever we meet I pour all of my heart and

Buzz buzz buzz buzz

 

Once in a while Chanyeol would steal a glance at baekhyun, just to make sure she's listening to him, and hoping she gets the actual message.

 

I'm waiting, you can see it all

Why can't you know

Trying to let you know

Sending you a sign, sending you a signal

I must let you know

Sending you a sign, sending you a signal

 

Baekhyun comes in during the second verse of the song with her warm soothing voice that never fail to surprise chanyeol.

 

When I look at you and smile, you should know

I looked at you and smiled several times today

When I keep speaking to you, you have to feel it

I keep staying by your side

 

Baekhyun too didn't realized how much the song explains her situation. instead of a cute and lively song it has turn into an emotional song that portraits her love life.

 

One day I started to like you, you idiot

How can you not know how I feel

How much longer are you gonna be dully

Treat me like a friend, That isn't what I want

 

Ah the bitter truth.

 

Sending you a sign, sending you a signal

Buzz buzz buzz buzz

 

If only chanyeol knows that baekhyun is singing her true feelings for him.

 

I want you, I want you

Why is there no reaction

Whenever we meet I pour all of my heart and

Buzz buzz buzz buzz

I'm waiting, you can see it all

Why can't you know

Buzz buzz buzz buzz

 

The song ended with a beautiful harmonization from the two. If people were to witness their duet, they would be struck of how perfect their voices are when combined together. Baekhyun smiled when the song was finished. Baekhyun now knows that this song would be more meaningful to her because it has a deeper meaning behind it, A funny story of how her first love went and how ironic it was for her to sing it with him.

Baekhyun laughs softly at the thought when she realized that her performance is gonna improved a little because baekhyun herself knows what the singer is actually going through and a performance where you can put an emotional attachment towards it tends to be more sincere. Also the audience can read and feel the message that the singer trying to send.

 

The silent was broke by chanyeol's laughing shyly, "We make a great duo don't you think?"

"Yeah, yeah we do..."

 

The two were busy staring at each other lovingly that they were not aware of someone recording them from the door, laughing cheekily. The said guy stop the recording and made his way out of the school, dialing someone when he finished sending the person the file.