Not Ready

You Don't Know Love

The next day rolls quickly and it was already lunch time. Jongin decided to eat with Baekhyun on the bleachers of the gym to avoid accident like the other day. "So let me get this straight, you write songs."

She nods.

"Can you play the instruments?"

"Only some."

"Can you sing?"

"Ummm.. A little?"

"Oooh! Can I hear it then?"

She ponders, "hmm...I'll show you next time alright?"

"You promise okay?" She laughed at her friend's childishness.

They continued eating, enjoying the comfortable silence between them.

 

All of the sudden Jongin stopped eating and stares at her nervously, "Baekhyun-ah, yesterday... when you told me the story."

Baekhyun looked up from her food and stares back at Jongin.

"About the knight," Baekhyun swallowed her food

"Can I know who is it?" the question made Baekhyun quiet.

"I mean its okay if you don't wanna tell me, I mean I don't want to push you or anything. We've only known each other for awhile anyway-"

"H-he was the person standing right next to your friend who insulted me," She cuts him off.

"Right next to? There was kris and- Oh! Chan- err..umm okay, i'll keep my mouth shut."

She laughed lowly assuring him that is okay.

"B-but really, Chanyeol hyung?"

She nodded.

"Hmm thats weird, so you guys met before.. wait so that time-"

Baekhyun looks at Jongin weirdly, "That time?"

"U-uh nothing," Jongin ignoring Baekhyun's question.

Baekhyun saw jongin being deep in thought, not wanting to pry more she continues eating her lunch. Jongin was relieved that she didn't ask about his odd behavior and went back to eating again but his curiosity took over him, "H-how did you guys become close though?"

"Nah, the story is not as interesting as your story with kyungsoo unnie," She said while munching into her food.

Jongin sulked and begged baekhyun to tell him with his puppy eyes. Baekhyun is such a weak person. "Ah fine, But ill keep things short okay?"

Jongin nodded excitedly while looking forward to the story.

"We accidentally met each other in a secluded place in the school, it was actually my hideout. One day, I was there minding my own business when he suddenly barge in to the place. He was alarmed when he saw me inside, scared even. After a while he apologized and said that he feels bad for entering my hideout without letting me know so when he was about leave i told him to stop and for some odd reason I let him in and even though it was my hideout since the start of high school, a stranger managed to cross my border."

She smiled at the past, "Little did we know it became a regular thing, we'd hang out in there to talk, eat, sing, write songs, and basically everything. Though we never talk about our personal stuffs, we were contented with the kind of friendship we had. That was until I decided to fall for the guy and ruined everything," She said looking uninterested.

Jongin was pouting now, "How could it ruin your relationship?"

 

"I-i kinda.. kissed him?"

Jongin's eyes turns wide.

"long story short, it was a chance for me to finally confess and I thought... if I k-kiss him, he would realize my feelings," She reasoned quickly.

"Okay..? Then?" He asked while he continues eating his lunch.

"But hear this out, He actually returned the kiss so of course I'd get the idea of how he might return my feelings but all of the hope evaporates when he stopped and told me that he has a girlfriend."

Jongin stopped eating, almost chocking when she told him the information, "WHAT?!"

"Yeah i know right? and ever since that we've stopped talking i guess? Yesterday was actually the first time we've seen each other in a while." She puts away her lunch not having the appetite to eat again.
 

Then the both of them become quite again.

"Yesterday.. when I ran, I lied about being pissed. I was actually really close to crying. I stormed off from the cafeteria to my hideout, knowing that place was secure enough and probably the only place where I can let myself out. Next thing I know the door was opened and he was there standing at the door" She looks down sadly.

"He asked me if I was okay, which is a stupid thing to ask so I confronted him. I asked him why is he being like this but he was only being clueless. I was tired of him so last thing i did was tell him that we should just pretend not to know each other."

She let out a long breath, "I really thought he was different Jongin..."

"But Baek, have you ever properly confess your feelings towards him?"

"Well the kiss?"

"hmmm... don't you think he might be confused at your sudden action. I mean you did mention that you guys were friends."

"I-i was not brave enough to confess, at least verbally and besides, he already has a girlfriend so its pointless."

"What happens now...?" Jongin asked quietly.

"Now? I'm just trying to move on from him," She shrugs in response.

"I never thought Chanyeol hyung would be that kind of guy, he always seemed different for me. Guess you can't judge a person quickly right?"

Baekhyun nods at him, agreeing.

"You know what I think? I think you need a proper closure in order for you to move on."

"I don't think i'll be able to have a closure with him, I'm too much of coward and I don't want people to see me talking to him."

"Well you can use the hideout?"

She shakes her head in disapproval, "Its not a matter of the place. I don't have the courage to face him, even if we're in the hideout."

Baekhyun looked down to her lap in shame , "I guess it all comes back to me. If I'm mentally prepared, then I think talking to him would be easier."

"Hmmm I see... well lets take your time, you're not in a rush. For now lets just eat, you're too skinny for my liking.

"Doesn't guys like skinny girls?"

"No, they like healthy girls. Note the difference. Personally i like chubby girls, that way i can pinch her."

"Do you pinch Kyungsoo unnie?"

"All the time."

"Is she annoyed?"

"All the time."

They both laughed and Jongin quickly divert her attention from Chanyeol to a funny story about him in the past. 
Baekhyun knows what he's trying to do and she is really glad to have Jongin as a friend.