25

Our Last Memories {HIUTUS}

 

CHUNJI P.O.V

Just now, Niel told me that his father told him about Hayoung’s result. Why my heart started to bit fast. We will go to hospital after school today.

“Niel, I’m going to computer lab for a while. Please told Hayoung not to wait for me” I quickly stood up. Last night I search about the signs of Hayoung’s disease. But I’m not totally sure. But today I will confirm it again. I went to computer lab, searching ‘symptoms why people started to fell and walk unstablely.’

“spinocerebellar degeneration ??!!” I slowly moved the mouse and click at the link.

There were many information linked in the website. I can’t read all of them. So I randomly clicked the linked.

Link 1-

                       The human brain contains about 140 billion neurons. About 10% of these are specialised cells.

                       The nervous system is divided into the central and the peripheral nervous systems. The central nervous system consists of the brain, the diencephalon , the cerebellum, the brainstem and the spinal cord.

                       It is the spinal cord, the brainstem and the cerebellum, that allow from coordinated and smooth movements of the body.

Link 2-

Onset of genetically determined neurodegenerative diseases is difficult to specify because of their insidious and slowly progressive nature. This is especially true for spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA) because of varying affection of many parts of the nervous system and huge variability of symptoms. We investigated early symptoms in 287 patients with SCA1, SCA2, SCA3, or SCA6 and calculated the influence of CAG repeat length on age of onset depending on (1) the definition of disease onset, (2) people defining onset, and (3) duration of symptoms. Gait difficulty was the initial symptom in two-thirds of patients. Double vision, dysarthria, impaired hand writing, and episodic vertigo preceded ataxia in 4% of patients, respectively. Frequency of other early symptoms did not differ from controls and was regarded unspecific. Data about disease onset varied between patients and relatives for 1 year or more in 44% of cases. Influence of repeat length on age of onset was maximum when onset was defined as beginning of permanent gait disturbance and cases with symptoms for more than 10 years were excluded. Under these conditions, CAG repeat length determined 64% of onset variability in SCA1, 67% in SCA2, 46% in SCA3, and 41% in SCA6 demonstrating substantial influence of non repeat factors on disease onset in all SCA subtypes. Identification of these factors is of interest as potential targets for disease modifying compounds. In this respect, recognition of early symptoms that develop before onset of ataxia is mandatory to determine the shift from pre symptomatic to affected status in SCA.

I sadly reading the information. I hope that Hayoung will not end up getting this disease.

Something capture my eyes.

Another linked?!

Signs and symptoms

Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA) is one of a group of genetic disorders characterized by slowly progressive incoordination of [[Gait (human )]] and often associated with poor coordination of hands, speech, and eye movements. Frequently, atrophy of the cerebellum occurs, and different ataxias are known to affect different regions within the cerebellum.[14]

As with other forms of ataxia, SCA results in unsteady and clumsy motion of the body due to a failure of the fine coordination of muscle movements, along with other symptoms.

The symptoms of an ataxia vary with the specific type and with the individual patient. Generally, a person with ataxia retains full mental capacity but may progressively lose physical control.

 

Oh god, please don’t let Hayoung suffering this cruel disease. But all the sings and symptoms were already showing by Hayoung.

 

“SPINOCEREBELLAR”

“SPINOCEREBELLAR”

“SPINOCEREBELLAR”

“SPINOCEREBELLAR”

Aish…..!! please don’t let her be…

After this I’m going to know the truth.

Hope she don’t get this disease.

 

END OF CHUNJI P.O.V

--------------------------------------------------

sorry for the long chapter. 

hope this chapter is not a boring chapter....

 

love 

hazie_inspirit