Truthfully

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

It’s been weeks and I’ve been avoiding Chaeyoung. I really regret what I said to her that day, but I hate that she had all these secrets from me. I thought we knew everything about each other, I guess not.

 

“I’ll pick you up from the library later okay?” Nayeon smiled, hugging me tightly. Since the fight with Rosie, I’ve tried to spend as little time as possible back at our place.

 

“Okay thanks babe.” I snuggled closer into her embrace, trying not to think about Chaeyoung.

 

“Don’t worry, you two will make up.” Nayeon whispered in my ear.

 

“Hmm..I hope so.”

 

“You will, you just have to stop avoiding her.” Nayeon gave me a look, she knows that I’m dying to make-up with Chaeyoung but I’m being stubborn. I know I am, but I just ugh I don’t know.

 

“I’m not avoiding her.” I denied.

 

“Mhm okay babe sure.” Nayeon rolled her eyes at me.

 

“Look I promise that by Christmas we’ll make up, I mean it’s the holidays right?” I assured Nayeon.

 

“Alright, but seriously please make up with Chaeng. It’s weird. I’m not used to it, even for me, who's your girlfriend. Plus we all haven’t hung out in weeks.” Nayeon pouted.

 

“Okay I know.”

 

We said our goodbyes, and I settled in my usual spot at the library, in the back corner next to the giant window. I like the natural light, you know get that Vitamin D. I took my things out and sprawled them out over the entire table, since I don’t want random people to sit with me.

 

I was reading a boring book for my ethics class and I felt my eyes start to droop. I tried fighting my sleep for as much as I can, but I just couldn’t.

 

“Miss, miss, miss wake up, the library is going to close soon.” Someone shook me awake.

 

“Hmm oh yeah I fell asleep. I’m sorry.” I apologized to the librarian who just smiled before walking away.

 

I was about to pack my things when I noticed that my stuff was already neatly packed and then a familiar scent caught my attention.

 

“Rosie?” I turned my head trying to find the girl, but she wasn’t there. I noticed that it was her scarf and the cardigan on my shoulder that had the scent. I put the cardigan and scarf on, letting her scent engulf me.

 

“I miss you.” I whispered, fighting my tears. I really do miss her. I miss her so much and I want to make-up but it’ll only happen if she explains why she kept things hidden from me.

 

In a blink of an eye, it was finals week and Chaeyoung has been trying to get me to talk to her, but I kept disregarding her. Sometimes I am too stubborn for my own good.

 

“Babe you okay?” Nayeon asked.

 

We were at her place watching a movie and just hanging out, but I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

 

“Huh? Yeah I’m fine.” I smiled.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah just tired is all.”

 

“Okay, oh by the way I saw Jisoo and Lisa at the cafe earlier...uhm did Chaeng try to talk to you?”

 

“What do you mean?” Nayeon’s question got me even more worried. I sat up and paused the movie we were watching and turned my full attention on her.

 

“Well I went and greeted them and they were just lifeless. Not like the hyper couple we know them to be.”

 

“Did they mention something to you?”

 

“Not directly. I just overheard parts of it.”

 

“And??” I pressed.

 

“Well it definitely has something to do with Chaeng. They just sighed and I remember Lisa saying how stupid Chaeng is but I didn’t hear what Jisoo said. And when I handed them their usual, I decided to ask.” Nayeon paused, it was like she was contemplating on what she was going to say next.

 

“You asked right?” She nodded her head yes and I grabbed her hand silently begging her to tell me cause Jisoo and Lisa not being hyper while being together is a big red flag that something is wrong.

 

“So I asked what was wrong. The two looked at each other before Lisa just gave Jisoo a nod. They knew I was probably gonna tell you, so they made me promise that I can’t bring it up until past 11PM...Also, Jisoo told me to tell you to stay calm. Don’t freak out and that she’s sorry.” Nayeon paused again and I was seriously getting pissed, I didn’t like how this conversation was going.

 

“What did they tell you Im Nayeon.” I demanded.

 

“Chaeyoung...she..she got accepted into the study abroad program in Seoul.” Nayeon began, but I was already heading towards the door.

 

“Babe wait, calm down.” She pulled me back and I glared at her.

 

“No, I have to make-up with Rosie before she leaves.” I was adamant, but Nayeon’s next sentence just killed me, “It’s too late Jen, I think she’s already gone.”

 

“No she’s not, she won’t leave without saying goodbye.” I told her, but then my phone buzzed.

 

I’m sorry. I miss you. Take care always. - Hubby.

 

“No, no, no. Rosie...no..” I cried, and tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.

 

“Why did you go before we even made up? I hate you Park Chaeyoung.” I cried in Nayeon’s arms.

 

The next day I woke up my eyes were puffy. I got up and dragged myself out of Nayeon’s room.

 

“Good morning.” Nayeon greeted me with Jisoo and Lisa behind her.

 

“You two!” I went straight for them, but Nayeon held me back.

 

“Jendeuk calm down, listen to us first.” Jisoo stepped forward.

 

“No you two should have told me, why didn’t you tell me. Now Rosie is gone and I don’t know if we’ll ever make-up!” I yelled, but it’s like something in Jisoo snapped.

 

“No Jen you should have stopped being such a ing brat and listened to Rosie when she put in the effort to make amends, but no. What did you do? You avoided her and pretended that she never existed. You hurt her more than you know Jennie. Besides what does you knowing she was leaving change? She would have still gone. So calm the down will you.” Jisoo retorted and it felt like a bucket of ice cold water was poured all over me.

 

“I’m sorry...I just..” I trailed off and started to cry again.

 

“Jen…” Lisa, Jisoo, and Nayeon all hugged me.

 

“She promised that she’ll be back.” Lisa assured me and I nodded my head.

 

“Has she called?” I asked and they nodded.

 

“Yeah she did. She landed and settled into the dorm. She’s safe.”

 

“That’s good..but what about Christmas? Will she come back for the holidays?” I asked.

 

“Jendeuk she didn’t just fly to the other side of the country, she flew all the way around the world! The ticket would be so expensive since Christmas is in two weeks.” Jisoo chuckled, wiping the stray tears.

 

“Okay..” I replied, dejected, eyes not leaving the floor.

 

“Actually...she asked about you.” Lisa said and I whipped my head up.

 

“She did?”

 

“Yeah that’s why we came, she asked us to check on you..she said that you tried to call her yesterday, but she was already on the plane and she was worried about you. You know her, she’ll always put your first.” Lisa smiled and I felt my heart flutter.

 

“Even if you two were fighting, she was always looking out for you. You just didn’t see her.” Jisoo added.

 

“I know…” I replied, with a small smile. Remembering that one time in the library when I woke up and her scarf was my pillow and her cardigan was on my shoulder.

 

Christmas eve came, I was home with mine, Lisa’s, and Jisoo’s families. Since the four of us became close our families have too. So we spend holidays and special occasions together. It’s weird without Chaeyoung and her family though. Nayeon and her family went to Japan for a family vacation, so she’s gone until after the New Year.

 

“Hey... you okay?” Jisoo came up to me, handing me a glass of wine.

 

“Yeah I’m fine.” I forced a smile, taking a sip of the wine.

 

“You’ve been saying that since Chaeng left. We know your not fine.” Jisoo called my bluff.

 

“I know...I just miss her and…” I trailed off not knowing how to continue.

 

“Oh Jendeuk have you tried to…”

 

“CHAENGIE! MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Lisa’s loud voice interrupted Jisoo and we turned our heads towards her loud voice.

 

“CHAENGIE! YOUR BLONDE!!!” Lisa yelled, she was facetiming with Chaeyoung.

 

Wait wait did Lisa just say that Chaeyoung is BLONDE?! What?! I bet it looks great on her. She has a perfect complexion after all.

 

“Merry Christmas Lisa and yes I am. Alice convinced me.” I heard Chaeyoung chuckle, and my heart melted. It’s been so long.

 

“It looks great on you Chaeng, makes you more attractive.” Lisa winked and Chaeyoung chuckled out loud.

 

“Where is everyone?” Chaeyoung asked after she calmed down a bit.

 

“Home, the adult eggnog this year really did the trick on our parents. Jichu and I are staying with Jen tonight and we’ll just head back to the apartment tomorrow.” Lisa explained while she quickly took a glance at my direction.

 

“I see...I just wanted to call and greet you guys a Merry Christmas. Is Jisoo there?”

 

“Yeah she’s right here, wait.” Lisa was coming over to us, all of a sudden I felt nervous. It’s only been 2 weeks since I’ve last seen her, but it feels more like 2 years.

 

“PASTA! MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Jisoo took the phone from Lisa and was talking to Chaeyoung, while she kept a hold on my hand as if she knew I was gonna run any moment.

 

“Merry Christmas Unnie.” Chaeyoung teased Jisoo with a light chuckle.

 

“Hey it’s only a few months.” She pouted.

 

“I’m just kidding. How are you?”

 

“I think I should ask you that. How are you doing? How’s dorm life? Is your family having a good trip?” Jisoo was throwing question after question.

 

“Yeah tell us Chaeng and also how about my gift?” Lisa suddenly squished herself in the frame.

 

“I purposely left yours in my room to tease you. It’s under my bed.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

Thinking about it...Chaeyoung and me...this is the first time that we didn’t give eac..but Lisa’s next words stopped my musings.

 

“Hmmph meanie.I thought you forgot about me. I mean you gave Jisoo’s hers early and you even asked her to personally deliver Jen’s to her.” Lisa faked cried, I can just imagine Chaenyoung rolling her eyes at the sight.

 

“Whatever Lalisa, stop being dramatic...uhm speaking of Jen..” Chaeyoung trailed off.

 

“She’s right here. Did you want to talk to her?” Jisoo asked.

 

“I...uhm..If she even wants to talk to me.” I heard Chaeyoung softly reply and I can tell from the tone of her voice that she’ll start crying any second.

 

“Jen?” Jisoo and Lisa looked at me with a nod, and I, with trembling hands, took the phone.

 

“We’ll leave you guys to talk.” Lisa smiled, before dragging Jisoo to my room.

 

With one last deep breath, I held the phone to my face and when I saw her my heart started to race like crazy. Blonde suited her that’s for sure. Chaeyoung was breathtaking. Damn I didn’t think it was possible for her to get even more beautiful.

 

“Hi.” She softly greeted me, tilting her head softly to the side.

 

“Hi.” I responded with a light chuckle.

 

“Merry Christmas Jen.”

 

“Merry Christmas Rosie.”

 

Chaeyoung and I stared at each other for awhile, neither of us knows what to say next.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“I miss you.”

 

We both said at the same time and we chuckled.

 

“Rosie...I’m sorry too.”

 

“It’s okay it’s my fault..I kept things from you and..I’m just sorry.” Chaeyoung apologized, her eyes already b with tears.

 

“Hey hey, don’t cry. I can’t wipe your tears away. It’s okay, I'm at fault too...I was too stubborn to listen..and I’m sorry too. Please forgive this stubborn Wifey of yours.” I pouted and sniffled a bit, blinking my eyes to stop the tears.

 

“I was never mad at you Wifey.” She smiled.

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course, you know I can never stay mad at you Jen.”

 

“I know.” I chuckled.

 

“Wow so sure of yourself aren’t you.” She sarcastically replied.

 

“Only with you it seems like.” I laughed and she shook her head jokingly.

 

“But seriously though...I miss you and I really want to hug you right now.”

 

“I miss you too Jenjen. Don’t worry I’ll be back before you know it.” She beamed.

 

“I’ll hold you to that.”

 

Chaeyoung and I talked so much that Lisa’s and her phone were about to die.

 

“I’m at 1%. I better go...uhm I’ll call you again okay. Oh and open my…”

 

But the call ended before she can finish her sentence.

 

“JISOO! Where is the gift?” I barged into my room with Lisa all cuddled up in her embrace.

 

“I left it at home in my room why?”

 

“I’m going back to our place, you guys can stay bye!” I dashed out of my own house.

 

When I got back to our apartment I went inside Jisoo’s room and found the gift on her desk.

 

“To Wifey, From Hubby.” I read the cute little tag Chaeyoung put on there before heading into my room.

 

I opened her present and my heart was fluttering it was the locket I saw at the mall. I opened it up and it had a photo of me and Chaeyoung when we were younger.

 

“Gosh I really miss you.” I started to cry, getting up, I made my way into Chaeyoung’s room. She pretty much left everything. I laid on her bed, the locket in hand.

 

After that night, Chaeyoung and I got back to how we were before our fight. We’ve been facetiming, texting, and calling every day. She’s the first person I talk to and the last everyday.

 

The New Year was coming and I was talking to Chaeyoung.

 

“So are you gonna comeback for spring break?” I asked her.

 

“I don’t know maybe. I’ll have to see how my midterms here play out.” She explained.

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah I’m sorry...but I mean it’s just a few months until May. Then I’ll be on a one-way flight back to you..I mean you guys.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Just make sure you come back to me by May okay.”

 

“You know I’ll always come back to you.”

 

“JENDEUK GET YOUR OFF THE PHONE AND COME EAT!” Jisoo’s loud voice pulled me out of the staring contest I was having with Chaeyoung.

 

“You better go, besides I better head to the library before my ice princess roommate gets back.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. Apparently her roommate is anything but nice. Most of the time we talk Chaeyoung rants about her roommate, Hyeri.

 

“I’m sure you’ll be friends soon Rosie, just give her time. I’ll call you later okay?”

 

I got off the phone and left my room when I got to the dining room I saw a familiar face.

 

“Hey Babe!” Nayeon smiled.

 

“Nayeonie your back.” I jumped and hugged her.

 

“Yeah I thought I’d surprise you. I couldn’t get hold of you at all after Christmas so I was a little worried.” She hugged me tightly.

 

“Ah sorry that’s my bad. Chaeng and I made up on Christmas and we’ve been talking everyday. See I told you that we’d be fine by Christmas.” I smiled.

 

“I see.” Nayeon replied with a frown.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

“Nothing.” She replied.

 

“Okay, anyways how was your trip?” I asked, catching the small disapproving head shake from Jisoo and Lisa.

 

“It was great, got to see a lot of sights. I took some photos. Oh oh and I got you guys something.” Nayeon handed all of us neatly wrapped boxes.

 

“What’s this?” I asked shaking the small box.

 

“Open it.” She encouraged me and I did. I opened the box and inside was a necklace with a JK pendent.

 

“It’s beautiful.”

 

“Here let me put it on for you.” Nayeon smiled, taking the necklace from my hand and walking up behind me. Instictly, I clutched the locket that I have been wearing everyday. I didn’t want her to take it off.

 

“Ba..” But I was too late, she had already unclasped it and handed it to me.

 

“There. It’s perfect.” She whispered.

 

“Yeah...it is.” I replied, staring at the locket in my hand.

 

“Soooo what do you guys wanna do for New Years? Head to Time Square?” Lisa suggested.

 

“Yeah that sounds great.”

 

Nayeon didn’t stay long, because she still hasn’t rested from the long flight.

 

“I’ll call you tonight okay?” She smiled, planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

 

“Okay.” I agreed.

 

I closed the door and walked back and saw Lisa and Jisoo with that disapproving head nod again.

 

“What?” I looked at them, but they just wordlessly walked away.

 

The new semester began and I haven’t had a chance to talk with Chaeyoung as much. In fact, it’s been 5 days, 2hrs, and 11 minutes since we last facetimed.

 

“Okay Jendeuk stop sulking. Chaeng said she’ll call you when she can.” Jisoo knocked my forehead. We were at home studying in the living room.

 

“Seriously your all pouty. You weren’t this depressed when Nayeon went to Japan with her fambam.” Lisa put her two cents in.

 

“Also it’s your birthday weekend this week Jendeuk we should be planning what we’re gonna do.” Jisoo replied, leaning her head on Lisa’s shoulder.

 

“I guess.” I replied, twirling my pen.

 

“Goodness what are we gonna do with you. I guess it’s true when they say distance makes the heart grow fonder.” Lisa smirked.

 

“Who’s heart fonder?” I asked.

 

“Jeez Jen, you literally are the smartest dumb person I know.” Jisoo shook her head.

 

“HEY!”

 

“Nah babe I think she’s just dense.” Lisa quipped.

 

“Okay why are you guys roasting me right now.” I put my pen down and glared at my so-called friends.

 

“We’re not, it’s just the obvious.” The two shrugged their shoulders, before Lisa whipped her phone out.

 

“Oh.” The two suddenly said.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“There’s something.”

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

“No the…” But my words were cut when the bell rang. I got up and answered the door it was Nayeon.

 

“Hey babe.” I hugged her.

 

“Hey...is this a bad time?” She asked, I shook my head no and led her in.

 

“Nayeonie what up what up. Did you bring us food?” Lisa asked.

 

“No I actually dropped by to talk to Jen.”

 

“Oh uhm, well then we’ll go get food. C’mon Lali.” Jisoo said and dragged Lisa out.

 

“So what’s going on?” I asked, tapping the spot next to me on the couch.

 

“I want to break up Jennie.” Nayeon said with a straight face.

 

“Excuse me?” I frowned and crossed my arms.

 

“I said let’s break-up.”

 

“Why?” I asked calmly.

 

“Because you obviously don’t love me anymore.”

 

“Of course I love you.”

 

“Yeah maybe as a friend, but your feelings changed or maybe you finally figured it out.” She explained.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Remember a few months ago, when you found out that Joy and Chaeng were getting close? I told you that something changed in the way you looked at her? And you told me that nothing changed that you just see her a friend?” Nayeon asked and I nodded my head yes.

 

“Well I don’t think that’s the case anymore. I mean you haven’t talked to her in what a week and your all moody and depressed. I tried taking you out, but nothing seems to make you..” But Nayeon was interrupted with Rosie’s version of babyshark ringing from my phone. My mood instantly got better and I couldn’t help myself from smiling.

 

“Smile like that.” Nayeon finished her sentence, holding my phone out to me.

 

“Nayeon I…” I was speechless, I ignored the call from Chaeyoung and focused my attention on the girl in front of me.

 

“It’s okay Jen. I’m not mad, but I thought that maybe we should end things so that you can allow yourself to be with the person you love the most.” Nayeon explained. She wasn’t crying and I wasn’t sad. I think we both understood we’re our feelings stand for each other.

 

“I’m sorry.” I apologized, holding her hand in mine, but she shook her head no.

 

“Don’t be sorry. I had a feeling that your love for Chaeng has grown, but I turned a blind eye to it. But here, students from the photography department captured these.” Nayeon smiled handing me photos. They were all taken that day I found myself asleep on Chaeyoung’s scarf in the library.

 

The first photo was of me laying my head on Chaeyoung’s scarf while she sat across from me, her chin resting on her hands.

 

The next photo was of Chaeyoung leaning over and tucking a strand of my hair away from my face.

 

The third photo was of Chaeyoung turning back to look at me, but her gaze there was something in her gaze that was different. I just can’t pinpoint it.

 

But the last photo...the last photo made me understand. It was of Chaeyoung, gingerly placing a soft kiss on my head. The sun light was hitting her perfectly, it was like I was getting a kiss from an Angel.

 

“I…How did you get these?” I asked.

 

“Well I was talking to Lisa at the cafe when one of her classmates came up to her and gave her the prints. She quickly tried to hide them, but I was faster. She said that she was gonna get rid of them and the SD card, but I told her no. She was surprised and I told her what I felt. She confirmed some things to me and yeah. I told her to keep the SD card safe, but I took the prints.”

 

“Why?”

 

“To wake you up and make you realize who you really love before it’s too late.”

 

“Nayeon I…”

 

“Don’t say anymore Jen. Please. I’m trying so hard to be strong right now, but it does hurt. I do love you Jennie Kim. I really do. So I’m doing what’s best for you and for me. Let’s just end things here, before we both get hurt.”

 

With a heavy heart I agreed.

 

“But can we stay friends?”

 

“Of course, but give me some time okay?”

 

I nodded in understanding and walked her out.

 

“I love you Nayeonie.” I hugged her tightly.

 

“I love you too Jennie.”

 

Closing the door I wipe the first tear that fell, then the second, and the third. And soon enough I was crying. My heart felt heavy out of heartbreak and guilt. I made my way to the couch and crawled into a ball, crying soundlessly.

 

“I’m sorry Nayeonie.” I hated myself for hurting her and I hate myself for knowing that she was right even back then.

 

I heard the front door click and I knew that Jisoo and Lisa would be coming back soon. I tried to quickly wipe my tears and not look so sad, but I knew I couldn’t hide anything from them.

 

“Jen...what happened?” Lisa rushed over and wiped the tears that I had missed.

 

“Nayeon and I broke up.” I admitted.

 

“Oh Jendeukie...I’m sorry.” Jisoo hugged me tightly, I noticed that Lisa’s eye caught sight of the photos on our coffee table.

 

“Did she...give these to you?” Lisa asked grabbing the photos and looking at them with a bittersweet smile.

 

“What are…” Jisoo trailed off, seeing the photos, her expression mirroring Lisa’s.

 

“Is this why?” Jisoo asked.

 

“No those photos she gave them to me and told me that I love Rosie more than as my best friend. Actually, she’s told me this before and I denied...but maybe even then I knew she was right. Thinking about it you had asked me if my feelings changed as well Ji.”

 

“Jen are you saying what we think your saying?” Lisa asked

 

“I love her. I am in love with my best friend. And I might have been in-love with her for a while now.” I sincerely smiled, feeling my heart race at the thought of Chaeyoung.

 

“ING FINALLY!” Lisa suddenly yelled out, surprising me in her outburst.

 

“Lali language.” Jisoo scolded her girlfriend.

 

“Sorry babe, but c’mon we been knew.” Lisa exclaimed and I tilted my head sideways confused.

 

Jisoo pinched the bridge of her nose before explaining, “Jendeukie I think you are the only person on this planet that didn’t know your in love with Rosie, wait actually you and Rosie. I mean she’s the first person you talk to everyday and the last. You are always texting, on the phone, or facetiming her. If you don’t hear from her you start getting sulky. Lali and I are seriously surprised you haven’t combusted since it’s been like what a week since you’ve last seen her.”

 

“Yeah Jen, it’s like you two are in some long distance relationship or something.” Lisa added.

 

“I guess you were right Lisa...distance does make the heart grow fonder.”

 

“Yeah well if only you knew.” Lisa softly said, but I caught it.

 

“Knew what?” I asked.

 

“Nothing just musing.”

 

“Stop being so serious Lis it doesn’t suit you.” I .

 

“Yah! Rude.” She pouted, but Jisoo quickly kissed it away.

 

“I think it does. I like maturity on you, but I like my dorky Lisa too.” Jisoo smiled at her girlfriend who squealed.

 

“Okay stop, I’ll throw up with all the sweetness.”

 

“You say…” Lisa paused, her phone ringing, “Oh Chaeyoungie!” Lisa answered the facetime call and I practically jumped her to grab her phone. But damn her long arms and Jisoo blocking me.

 

“PASTA! We miss you.” Jisoo and Lisa were purposely blocking my advances.

 

“I miss you two guys! I just called to say hi. I realized that I haven’t spoken to you two as much. I just got off the phone with Joy as well. I tried calling Jen but maybe she’s with Nayeon.” Chaeyoung said.

 

I rolled my eyes at that remark, how dare she call Joy before me.

 

“Yeah cause you’ve been calling Jen all the time that you forgot about your other best friends.” Lisa faked cried.

 

“You know I didn’t forget about you guys, I text you guys everyday in the group chat.”

 

“Yeah yeah, but you call Jendeukie the most. I want some one-on-one Chaeng facetime too.” Jisoo replied.

 

“Yeah me too.” Lisa raised her arm like a kid.

 

“Okay okay I’ll call you guys even more often. I’ll just stick to calling Jen once a week or something.”

 

“YAH NO!” I yelled, jumping up and grabbing the phone from Lisa’s hands before she can react.

 

“Oh well hi Jen.” Chaeyoung chuckled after the commotion.

 

“My phone just yeeted out of my hand.” Lisa was stunned and Jisoo was laughing.

 

“You don’t need to worry about them. Just call me and before we hang up I can find the two dorks and add them to the call or something. But you must call me everyd…” I trailed off when a random girl literally jumped onto my Chaeyoung, pulling her into a back hug.

 

“Babe!” Said girl yelled while Chaeyoung was giggling underneath her. My eyebrows furrowed at the sight and my blood started to boil. The audacity of this girl to call my Hubby, ‘Babe’ and hug her like that.

 

The loud ‘babe’ caught Jisoo’s and Lisa’s attention and now the three of us were watching as this girl was literally clinging onto Chaeyoung.

 

“Babe?” Lisa found her voice first, and Chaeyoung put her attention back on us.

 

“Oh Hyeri unnie these are my friends, Lisa, Jisoo, and Jennie. Guys this is my roommate Lee Hyeri, she’s one year older.” Chaeyoung introduced us to Hyeri. Ah her roommate, wait I thought they weren’t close. How did they get so close?

 

“Hi, it's nice to meet you all.” Hyeri shyly replied in english.

 

“It’s okay unnie you can speak in Korean, Jisoo and Jennie are fluent. Lisa can kind of understand..we forced her to take korean classes.” Chaeyoung explained and the girl beamed. But my eyes were still glued on the arms that were wrapped tightly around Chaeyoung’s waist.

 

“That’s a relief, my english is not that good. But anyways, Chae has told me so much about you guys, so it’s nice to finally put faces on the names.” Hyeri smiled, gently placing her chin on my Chaeyoung’s shoulder, practically giving her a back hug. I tried my best not to roll my eyes at this.

 

“It’s nice to meet you too Hyeri Unnie.” Jisoo spoke up for us.

 

Jisoo and Hyeri talked some more, Lisa would comment every now and then. But I stayed mum.

 

“Oh babe, we have to get ready soon. We promised the girls we’d meet up with them later. I’ll go change real quick. It was nice to meet you guys again.” Hyeri said before finally letting Chaeyoung go.

 

“Babe?!” Jisoo and Lisa quickly exclaimed after Hyeri left, “ You were gone for literally like a month and you already got yourself a girl?! Your roommate too. Damn that blond...woah yah hey Jen!” Lisa yelled, but I just kidnapped her phone and dashed into my room.

 

“Explain.” I demanded, my blood still boiling.

 

“Huh?” Chaeyoung asked confused.

 

“It took one week for you and your roommate to go from complete strangers to practically lovers?! EXPLAIN!” I practically yelled.

 

“Jen calm down listen to me first. Hyeri unnie is just a…”

 

“Babe I’m grabbing your sweater.” Hyeri came back and from the quick glimpse I got it looked like she was just in pants and a bra, but Chaeyoung ended the call before I can get another word out.

 

I’ll call you later. It’s not what it looks like. -Chipmunk

 

Chaeyoung texted Lisa and I rolled my eyes.

 

“You’re still pissed?” Jisoo asked while I was forced to get ready to go to my birthday party. Yep forced, I didn’t want one because freaking Park Chaeyoung was messing with my heart and mind.

 

Chaeyoung did call me back that night and explained that her and Hyeri just closer this week. She really didn’t go into detail, just that they were close and that’s it. I was going to pry her some more but she asked about Nayeon and I told her about the breakup. She was sad and tried to console me, but I told her that I felt more guilty than sad. She asked my why, but I didn’t answer.

 

Now, it’s my birthday and it’s been 5 days since we last talked. Chaeyoung had a busy week for some reason and she’s only been able to text. But from the looks of her instagram updates and stories, she’s been spending a lot of that “busy” time with that roommate of hers.

 

“I’m not pissed. I just hate how she never really explained it. She was just like we’re just close. Like okay y’all close but so are we, but I don’t call her babe.” I explained.

 

“You do call her hubby though.” Lisa piped in and I just groaned.

 

“Whatever, but still you guys get it right? Plus she says that she’s too busy to facetime, but she posts updates with Hyeri all the time on the gram. Like that can’t be nothing.” I argued.

 

“Jendeuk seriously if Pasta says it’s nothing, it’s nothing. Hyeri is her roommate so of course they spend time together. Just trust her. Plus she doesn’t know how you feel so you can’t be like a jealous wife over here.”

 

“I know and that’s what even more.” I whined.

 

“Okay that’s enough we have to go the venue. Your parents and our families and friends are there.” Jisoo stopped my whining.

 

“No, I don’t wanna. Just go have fun and tell them I got sick or something.”

 

“You know if you don’t go you might not get the birthday gift that Chipmunk sent with Alice.” Lisa baited me and so off we go to my birthday party. Yay.

 

The party was fun… I guess. Jisoo and Lisa were dancing on the dance floor. Nayeon even came with a date, talk about moving on fast right. I for it but she said they were just friends.

 

“I was just joking jeez.”

 

“I know, but are you okay?” She asked me.

 

“I could be better.” I replied.

 

“Did you and Chaeng fight?” Nayeon asked.

 

“No, I’m just...I don’t know… I’m kind of worried about her roommate who she got super, like super close with and it’s my birthday and she hasn’t even called me. Plus, this is the first time that I’m not spending my birthday with her.” I pouted.

 

“Oh Jen, why don’t you just tell her how you feel.” I was about to respond to Nayeon but Lisa’s loud voice echoed through the venue.

 

“CHIPMUNK!”

 

“See she facetimed Lisa on my birthday instead of me.” I whined and crossed my arms, not bothering to turn towards Lisa’s direction. She’ll come over here eventually.

 

“I’m sorry Naeyeon but can I borrow the birthday girl for a second?” A familiar Australian accent asked. I turned my head and the girl I have been missing so much was right behind me. I didn’t even say a word I just wrapped my arms around her. God I missed her so much. And that blonde hair of hers looks even better in person dammit.

 

“Rosie.” I breathed, holding her tighter.

 

“Happy birthday Wifey.” She whispered in my ear, hugging me just as tightly.

 

“Are you really here right now?” I asked, pulling back and cupping her face.

 

“Yeah I’m here.” She chuckled.

 

“I’m not dreaming?” I asked.

 

“You’re not dreaming.” She gently pinched my nose.

 

“Your really here. My hubby.” I hugged her again.

 

“I am. I’m here.”

 

“Okay can I have a turn too?” I heard Jisoo’s voice but I just buried my head deeper into the crook of Chaeyoung’s neck, “No.” I sternly replied, but Chaeyoung let go.

 

“I said no.” I whined, and made her wrap her arms around me again.

 

“See I told you she won’t let go. Should have gotten your hug earlier when I picked her up.” Joy said and I turned my head in her direction.

 

“You guys knew she was coming?” I asked and they innocently nodded their heads yes.

 

“And you didn’t tell me.” I pouted.

 

“It’s a surprise Jendeukie why would we tell you?”

 

“Because I like my surprise so much I’ll forgive you.” I smiled, snuggling into Chaeyoung’s arms again.

 

“You missed me this much?” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“You have no idea.” I replied.

 

I convinced my mom to let me leave the party early with Chaeyoung. I can tell that she was still tired from the long flight. We got back to our apartment and now we were on her bed. I refuse to leave her side for a second.

 

“How long are you staying?” I asked.

 

“Just for the weekend. I’ll be leaving on Monday at like 2am.”

 

“But that’s too quick.” I pouted.

 

“I know, but I have to head back. Hyeri unnie is…” Chaeyoung began but her mentioning Hyeri got my blood boiling again.

 

“Speaking of that roommate of yours. Why is she so clingy?” I asked.

 

“She just is...like you and me.”

 

“Nope, not like you and me. She’s a different kind of clingy and she calls you babe and the last time we facetimed she was half borrowing your clothes!” I whined like a jealous girlfriend, but Chaeyoung just smiled.

 

“Why are you smiling? I’m mad here.”

 

“I just find you cute. Are you jealous wifey?” Chaeyoung teased.

 

“I am jealous.” I shyly admitted.

 

“What? I beg your pardon?” She looked so surprised, well I guess I should have expected that since she doesn’t know how I feel.

 

“I said I’m jealous. I don’t like it when she or anyone else for that matter calls you in a term of endearment. I don’t like it when others get too clingy with you. That should just be me. I’m your wifey and your my hubby.”

 

“Jen I’m confused here.”

 

“Look Chaeyoung, this isn’t the time or place or even how I wanted to do this, but I feel like I need to tell you before I lose you.”

 

“Tell me what?”

 

“I love you.”


~ ~ ~

A/N: hopefully the next part will be up today too.....