Yours pt. 2

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

~ Chaeyoung’s POV ~

 

It’s been a year since then. My older sister Alice, told me a few days after I arrived in Switzerland that Jennie signed the papers and that we were officially divorced, she and my parents also scolded my ear off for cheating, but I just took it all. It was my last chance at protecting her.

 

“Park Chaeyoung! Over here!!” An overly hyper Jisoo was waving her arms up and down, with a grumpy looking Lisa behind her.

 

“Hi!” I ran over to them and Jisoo gave me a bone crushing hug, let me go, then slapped me across my hard.

 

“That was for Jennie! I can’t beli..”

 

“Baby, do you really wanna do this here? In public?” Lisa held Jisoo back, thank goodness cause that slap hurt.

 

“Let’s talk at home.” I stayed calm, and led the two to my car.

 

We got to my flat and I led the two to the guest room.

 

“Just calm down first okay babe. Let me talk to her first.” I heard Lisa speak, not intending to eavesdrop.

 

“I just want to know how she could have..to Jen of all people.”

 

“Babe trust me...I..I’ll talk to her.”

 

Hearing Lisa coming out, I quickly made my way to the kitchen.

 

“So I was thinking you guys can rest up and then I can sho…”

 

“Cut the crap Chae, why’d you lie.” Lisa got straight to the point as always.

 

“About what?”

 

“The cheating Chaeyoung! I know you didn’t cheat on her!” Lisa whisper yelled.

 

“What if I did?” I asked, my back turned to her.

 

“You couldn’t do that to anyone. I know you Chaeyoung.. I’ve seen you with her too. You wouldn’t do that to her.”

 

“Yeah well I thought she wouldn’t do it to me too. An eye for an eye Lisa.”

 

“That’s ing bull Chae. Tell me the real reason right now!” Lisa demanded.

 

“What the media reported is true.” I tried hard to keep my resolve.

 

“ Chae...you..you love her THAT much?!” Lisa groaned, I hate how intuitive she is.

 

“Let’s go eat before you guys sleep.” I decided to change the subject.

 

“No.”

 

“Chu.”

 

“Babe.”

 

Lisa and I turned to each other, then at Jisoo.

 

“Did you..” I gulped, seeing a new fire in Jisoo’s eyes, “Did you hear any of that?”

 

“I heard it all. I followed Lili out here to make sure she doesn’t kill you before I do for doing that to Jennie, but then I heard it all. So you tell me everything right now, Park Chaeyoung. No more lies. No more secrets. I was your best friend and then suddenly I woke up to you being called a cheating wife on the news? So tell me everything the both of you.” Jisoo demanded.

 

So Lisa and I told Jisoo everything...about Jennie, about her affair, when I found out.

 

“I knew that if her affair got out first, she would be more affected. Her company, her parents, a lot of people would have suffered...so I lied...I lied because it was the only way she could get out of her mess without a scratch. It was the only way I knew to protect her.”

 

“ Chaeyoung...you...really that much?!” Jisoo repeated Lisa’s words from earlier.

 

“Yes...I do...I love her so much guys. Like so much. I told her before that I would do anything for her. Even if I had to destroy myself in the process. Even if I had to become the villain. As long as she’s safe, as long as she’s unharmed, as long as I can keep her heart whole. I’d do anything, no hesitations.”

 

“I don’t know whether to find you really romantic or to slap you again.”

 

“Babe.” Lisa held onto Jisoo’s hand.

 

“That’s why you haven’t spoken to Jennie huh. Why you were always avoiding her and why you kept glaring at…don’t tell me her..”

 

“Yes.” Lisa answered.

 

“I take it she’s now public with Chungha.” I butted in and the two went quiet.

 

“It’s fine. Like I said...as long as she’s happy.”

 

~ ~

 

Jisoo and Lisa didn’t stay in Switzerland for long. Just a few days to catch up before they went off to tour the rest of Europe. It was nice to see them, I did miss my friends. When I left, I cut all ties with our friend group. Thinking it would make it easier for her, she needed the support more than me, because although Jennie may seem strong..she’s really quite fragile. And being an only child...she holds all our friends dearly to her heart. I couldn’t take that away from her too, plus they probably are mad at me as well.

 

~ ~

 

It was a year later when the universe decided to with me again. I was enjoying my afternoon, riding my bike near my flat, when I got a phone call from Jisoo.

 

“Chu hey!”

 

“Chaeyoung.” Jisoo’s voice sounded grim.

 

“What’s wrong? What happened?”

 

“It’s..bad..”

 

“What happened?” I asked.

 

“The truth came out.”

 

“What truth?”

 

“Dispatch...they revealed it all...they had photos, a timeline, the works..they also revealed a timeline refuting all the false claims you sent to the media about cheating... the truth is out Chae...all of it”

 

“How? I mean why now?”

 

“According to Suzy and them...she broke it off with that homewrecker and well she spilled it all to the news. Obviously, Suzy and Irene were furious so they did some digging...turns out she was using her because she needed money. Faking her identity and everything.”

 

My heart broke at the news..how could she...I gave her up because I thought she would have made her happier.

 

“Is she okay?”

 

“We..don’t know…”

 

I stayed quiet. I didn’t know what to say.

 

“Chaeyoung...I..”

 

“It’s fine Chu...Jennie’s strong...she’ll be fine.” I replied, trying more to convince myself than her.

 

“Right….”

 

“Just tell Lisa to find her. She needs her best friend right now, even if she’s still mad at her.”

 

“I already told her….but she’s..”

 

“Tell her it’s for me..she’ll go there.”

 

“I...okay.”

 

With that said, I ended the call...my mind all over the place.

 

“Even after all that...she still got hurt.” I clenched my fists. Mind made.


 

~ Jennie’s POV~

 

“HOW COULD YOU JENNIE KIM!” My dad was yelling, while my mother was crying in the corner, “We raised you better than this!” He slammed the newspaper on his desk.

 

“Dad I...I’m sorry.” I bowed my head down..I couldn’t look at them...couldn’t lift my eyes to look at their disappointed ones.

 

“Fix this mess Jennie Kim. Address the issue and step down from the company.”

 

“But dad I!” I stood up, he can’t take the company away, it’s the only thing I have left.. I already lost everything...I can’t lose the only thing distracting me from my hellish life.

 

“No buts Jennie. I..we’re so disappointed in you.. Now leave.”

 

“Dad please..” I tried begging again.

 

“Leave Jennie.” He didn’t even look at me, and went to my mother who cried harder in her arms.

 

“It’s okay dear.. Let’s go to the Park household and apologize for our idiotic daughter.” I heard him say.

 

I knew at that point, there was no choice. So I did as I was told and of course the media went crazy….I lost it all...everything.

 

~ ~

 

“Ms. Kim, you have to eat something.”

 

“I’m okay Ms. Cho...thank you..you may go.” I smiled at the lady who nodded before heading home for the evening.

 

“Rosie..” I curled up into a ball, crying again, feeling the guilt..the shame…

 

She always did say she would protect me….


 

~ 3rd person POV~

 

After flying for about 26 hours, Chaeyoung finally made it back to Seoul and wasted no time in heading towards Jennie.

 

“I’m still so weak for her.” Chaeyoung shook her head, disappointed at how easy she can turn her back on anything for Jennie. How the days spent trying to keep her resolve of staying away crumbled at the thought of Jennie being alone. “I guess I love her that much.” Chaeyoung sighed, wishing that she can just stop being a masochist, but well here she is.

 

“Love who?” The nosey cab driver asked.

 

“It’s nothing.” Chaeyoung replied, her heart racing and her mind finally catching up to her reckless decision of flying all the way to Seoul for her.

 

Arriving at the familiar building, Chaeyoung paid, grabbed her things and went up to the top floor, it was 2am so no one was crowding the building. The media gone, thank goodness.

 

Carefully, Chaeyoung entered the passcode...not even bothering to think if Jennie had changed it, which she didn’t as Chaeyoung found out. Making her way inside, a wave of nostalgia hit, memories of living here with Jennie were making her knees weak.

 

But she was here because Jennie needed her, she didn’t have time to go down memory lane right now. So, she placed her bags in the corner, took off her shoes and made her way to the master bedroom where loud sobs could be heard.

 

If Chaeyoung thought her heart was as broken as it could get, she was proven wrong as she saw Jennie curled in a fetal position crying loudly like a baby. She looked so tiny, even tinier than usual.

 

“Jennie..” Chaeyoung whispered to herself, and quickly made her way to the brunette, pulling her into her arms, “Jennie it’s okay..it’s okay..” Chaeyoung began to soothe Jennie’s cries, it took awhile but she finally calmed….her mind now processing the familiar warmth that’s surrounding her entire being.

 

“Rosie?” Jennie sniffled her voice gone from crying.

 

“I’m here Jen.” Chaeyoung offered a smile, and Jennie once again began to sob.

 

Jennie fell asleep crying in Chaeyoung’s arms, gently the blonde laid the girl down and covered her body with a blanket.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you from this.” Chaeyoung whispered, as she sat there watching Jennie sleep peacefully. The blonde noticed Jennie had cut her bangs and it made her smile...a distant memory coming back.

 

“Ugh why did I do this? I hate them!” Jennie whined like a child in front of the vanity.

 

“I think they look good on you. Makes you even more beautiful.” Chaeyoung replied, back hugging the girl.

 

“You’re only saying that cause you're Rosie and you think highly of me all the time.” Jennie replied.

 

“I do...but I’m serious...there’s something about you with bangs. Making me feel things.” Chaeyoung bit her lower lip.

 

“Oh.” Jennie turned around, with a smirk on a face, “Mind showing me what those feelings are?” She asked.

 

“Gladly.”

 

Shaking her head from the memory, Chaeyoung gently got up from the bed. Now that her sanity is somewhat back, she realizes it’s not a good idea for her to stay there. It would be too much for the both of them.

 

It was 5am and the constant ringing of the doorbell disturbed the two sleeping beauties from their sleep.

 

“Baby door.” Jisoo groaned, hiding under the covers.

 

“Hmm yeah yeah love you too.” Lisa replied, still in deep sleep.

 

“Lisa door!” Jisoo grumbled again, kicking the taller girl a bit, but she was still unresponsive and the doorbell just kept ringing.

 

“Oh for crying out loud!” Jisoo finally got out of bed, her grumpy level to the max.

 

“Someone better be dying for me to be up at this ungodly hour.” She huffed, stomping her feet, opening the front door without even bothering to check who it was.

 

“Morning? Coffee?” Chaeyoung smiled innocently, lifting the coffee cups in her hand.

 

Jisoo blinked a few times, and rubbed her eyes a bit to make sure she’s really seeing who she thinks she’s seeing.

 

“Chae?” She leant forward and slapped the other girl’s cheeks a few times

 

“Ah ow ow.” Chaeyoung pouted, rubbing her cheeks with her free hand.

 

“You...why? How? When?” Jisoo pulled the girl in, the sleepiness leaving her body and so Chaeyoung explained how she basically had a lapse in judgement and found herself on a flight back before her mind could catch up with her.

 

“I knew I shouldn’t have told you...but I wanted you to learn it from us rather than the media.” Jisoo exhaled loudly, pinching the bridge of her nose.

 

“Did you go see her?”

 

“Yeah..she was…broken.” Chaeyoung replied, summarizing everything in that one word, broken.

 

“Well not to be that , but she deserves it. Karma is a .”

 

“Chu.” Chaeyoung frowned.

 

“It’s true...look just go get some rest. Your dark circles are telling me you probably haven’t properly slept in days.” Jisoo grabbed Chaeyoung’s arm, pulling the girl up and leading her to the guest room.

 

“Hmm yeah okay.” Chaeyoung agreed, she was fatigued and tired.

 

After making sure Chaeyoung was settled and finally asleep, Jisoo went and woke her wife up.

 

“Lisa get up!” She hissed, shaking the bobbed haired girl violently, but still no response.

 

“Lalisa I swear to God!” At this point, Jisoo was jumping on the bed not so lightly kicking the taller’s girl’s legs.

 

“Ugh babe, earthquake.” Lisa groaned, and Jisoo finally lost it.

 

“LALISA MANOBAN IF YOU DON’T WAKE UP RIGHT NOW I WILL SHAVE LILY’S FUR!”

 

The threat did the trick and Lisa was now very much wide awake.

 

“You meanie don’t you dare.” She huffed.

 

“Jeez...why did I marry you.” Jisoo sighed.

 

“Cause you love me..now what’s going on?” Lisa asked.

 

“I guess I do.” Jisoo teased, earning a soft jab from Lisa, “Just teasing hon.. I love you very much. But there’s something you should know.” Jisoo frowned.

 

“What did you do?”

 

“It’s not me..it’s Chae…she’s here.”

 

“Chae..here..wait wait she’s here?!” Lisa’s eyes were wide opened, turning her head towards the bedroom door.

 

“Yeah..she’s sleeping in the guest room right now.”

 

“Oh...wait is she here for?” Lisa made some weird hand gestures.

“I mean why else would she be here?”

 

“Damn...just what did Jen do to Chaeyoung that she can’t move on?” Lisa voiced out.

 

“I don’t know...but we can’t let her hurt Chae anymore.”

 

“I agree…” Lisa trailed off fiddling with her fingers.

 

“But?”

 

“No buts...just thinking is all.” Lisa shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Okay….but maybe you should go check on her again..Chae said she didn’t look good.”

 

“No.”

 

“Baby c’mon..she’s still your..”

 

“No Chu...I can’t...if I go to her it would be like siding with my..”

 

“Lisa…”

 

“I already went once for Chae…”

 

“I know you’re worried about her Lisa..she’s your best friend, no, she’s like your sister. She needs you now. She doesn’t have anyone else.”

 

“Fine..but just because I can’t say no to you.” Lisa agreed, heading to the bathroom to wash up.

 

~

 

Meanwhile, in Jennie’s penthouse..the ash brown haired girl was slowly waking up. Her eyes puffy, head throbbing.

 

“Rosie?” Jennie looked around, the other side of the bed was untouched, “Another hallucination.” Jennie sighed, running a hand through her hair. It’s been like that for a while...she’s been seeing Chaeyoung everywhere, when the girl wasn’t really there. Yes, Jennie misses her that much.

 

“I deserve this don’t I Rosie?” Jennie sighed, fiddling with her necklace, getting back into bed after washing up, she didn’t have the energy to pretend to be okay anymore.

 

“Yeah you do.” Lisa’s voice chimed in.

 

“Lisa…..” Jennie teared up seeing Lisa...the last time was when the girl briefly checked on her the day her world came to an end. But it was more of a here eat this, bye. Not even a hug or reassurance...just a quick hi and bye.

 

“You deserve it all Jennie...all of this it’s your karma.”

 

“I know.” Jennie looked down.

 

“Good.”

 

“Why?” Jennie asked after a few beats, “Why are you here?”

 

“You may be one of the worst type of person alive right now, but I still worry about you.” Lisa admitted, her resolve of staying away from the shorter girl going away seeing how weak and fragile Jennie looked.

 

“You do?” Jennie began to sniffle.

 

“Can you..” Lisa paused, “Actually, no..I don’t want to know...I shouldn’t be the one to hear it first...uhm have you eaten?” Lisa asked, changing the subject, but Jennie knew. She knew what Lisa wanted to know.

 

“No..”

 

“C’mon..I’ll make you some steamed dumplings and kimchi fried rice.” Lisa smiled, offering a hand, which Jennie quickly took.

 

On their way to the kitchen, Jennie lightly tugged on Lisa’s hand, looking to her right, Lisa raised a questioning brow.

 

“Can I..Can you..Uh..” Jennie bit her lower lip nervously.

 

Wordlessly, Lisa pulled Jennie into her arms, Jennie began to sob again, tightening the hold around Lisa. She missed her best friend.

 

“I’m sorry Lili.. I’m sorry..I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s not me that needs to hear that you know.” Lisa whispered.

 

“I know...but I’m sorry for letting you down...I...I just wish..I..” Jennie was sobbing harder now.

 

“Hush now...it’s alright...let’s just have our meal okay?” Lisa pulled back, wiping the tears from Jennie’s eyes.

 

The two settled on the dining table, Lisa starting to dig in while Jennie played with her food.

“Eat up Jen, it’ll get cold.” Lisa tried to coax her.

 

“I see her everywhere.” Jennie began to speak, ignoring Lisa, “I don’t know if it’s because I miss her or because of the guilt… maybe it’s both...but she’s everywhere. Sometimes she would feel so real, like she’s really there..but then I’d blink and poof she's gone.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“It’s so real sometimes..like last night..it was like she was here, holding me, telling me that everything will be okay..but then I wake up and she isn’t here. I know it’s my fault..I know I destroyed us.. I know I don’t deserve her..I know that she deserves better than someone like me...but can I..just this once..can I beg for a second chance?” Jennie asked, the grip on her chopsticks so tight her knuckles were white, while she stared at her best friend wanting Lisa to assure her that Chaeyoung will come home to her.

 

“Jen…” Lisa sighed, should she tell her...or not…

 

“It’s okay… I already know…” Jennie waved the thought off, finally taking small bites of her meal.

 

Lisa has known Jennie most of her life...but not once has she seen the girl like this. Jennie was always the badass, the strongest, the respected, the feared...but the Jennie in front of Lisa right now...she’s not even half of the woman Lisa knows. This Jennie in front of her is broken...in more ways than Lisa thought could be possible. So she made her choice.

 

“She’s here you know...she was here.” Lisa voiced out, watching as Jennie froze with her words, “According to Chu she arrived last night..she came here to see you..so you weren’t hallucinating that...she’s at our…” Lisa’s words fell on deaf ears as Jennie got up heading towards the door, but Lisa was quick to hold her back.

 

“Lili please let me..” Jennie begged

 

“Even if you go there, do you think Chu would let you in?”

 

“I don’t care..I have to go see her..”

 

“Jennie…”

 

“Please.”

 

“Just..wait for her..”

 

“No..she won’t come back to me unless I go to..”

 

“It’s okay Lisa.”

 

“Chae.”

 

“Rosie.”

 

The two were surprised to see Chaeyoung standing at the front door, they didn’t even realize her coming inside.

 

“Lisa...I think Jennie and I need to talk...Chu’s in the car downstairs.”

 

“Okay..” Lisa understood and left the two alone.

 

It was quiet..the two staring at each other. Neither one moving.

 

“Where are the dogs?” Chaeyoung finally broke the staring contest and made her way inside.

 

“With my parents.” Jennie answered robotically, eyes following the blonde’s every move,

“Your blonde now.” She pointed out.

 

“Yes.. and you have bangs.”

 

“Yeah..” Jennie’s hand went up to her fringe, playing with the strands a bit.

 

“Come here and sit with me.” Chaeyoung asked, settling on the couch, but Jennie didn’t move. Her mind processing everything, questioning it all...wondering if this is all real..

 

“It’s okay Jennie...c’mon...we have a lot to talk about.” Chaeyoung got up, softly pulling Jennie with her.

 

The two were on opposite sides of the couch, Chaeyoung purposely sitting on the other side, while Jennie kept her gaze down, now that she knows Chaeyoung is really here.

 

Chaeyoung waited for a moment..wondering if Jennie was going to speak first, but she stayed mum. Like always, it had to be Chaeyoung to speak up, “I’m sorry.”

 

At that Jennie’s head shot up, and she turned towards her ex-wife, mouth opening and closing, no words coming out.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you until the end…”

 

“Rosie.” Jennie breathed out..

 

“All this was my fault right? I wasn’t able to make you happy anymore...I couldn’t make you smile anymore...I couldn’t make you feel my love anymore..I’m sorry that my love wasn’t enough...that I wasn’t enough.” Chaeyoung held back her tears.

 

“No Rosie..it wasn’t you.” Jennie refuted, her heart wrenching with each word coming out of Chaeyoung’s mouth, “It was me..it was all me..I destroyed us..I put this on myself..you did nothing wrong my Rosie..you were..you are..perfect...and I don’t deserve you and I didn’t deserve you.” Jennie clenched her fist..just how bad of a person is she to make Chaeyoung felt like she wasn’t enough..

 

“You know Lisa..she asked me why I stayed..even though I knew about it. I told her it was because I loved you that much. She asked me why I left like I did and it was also because I loved you that much. All of that..everything, I did it because I loved you that much. Honestly, the affair..it wasn’t the worst thing. The worst thing about all of this was you looking at me with no love in your eyes. Even before I found out...I saw how the way you looked at me changed.”

 

“Rosie..”

 

“You were my greatest love Jen...and I don’t know...I guess I thought I was yours too.”

 

“But you are Rosie..you are..It was all my fault..all of it...I ed it all up. I tried to stop myself, I tried to keep my distance, but she was just so persistent...I know that’s no excuse..but.....if I could take it all back...if I could just un..”

 

“Jennie..just tell me...did you really love her.” Chaeyoung interrupted the girl.

 

“It’s a yes or no Jen.” Chaeyoung spoke up after waiting in silence for a few moments.

 

“Yes.”

 

It was one word, just one...something Chaeyoung had already known, but never heard from Jennie..but now that she has..Chaeyoung finally got what she didn’t even know she was looking for.

 

“This is it then…” Chaeyoung took a deep breath, closing her eyes tightly, letting one tear escape.

 

“Rosie?” Jennie looked at the blonde, her eyes shut tightly, a lone tear escaping her eyes.

 

And when Jennie saw the look in Chaeyoung’s eyes after she opened them again..Jennie understood what the blonde girl meant when she told her that the worse thing was Jennie no longer looking at her with love in her eyes..because that’s how her Rosie was looking at her, with no love in her eyes.

 

“Goodbye Jennie.” Chaeyoung got up, walking out the door before Jennie could stop her.


 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“No no..Rosie...no comeback..Rosie..Rosie...ROSIE!” Jennie woke up a sweating mess. She was in her office and it was dark out..

 

“A dream.” She sighed, not even remembering falling asleep.

 

“Jennie I know you told me you're married but I really..”

 

“Sana please get security to Ms. Kim Chunga out of my office and do not ever allow her in this building.” Jennie spoke through the intercom her glare shooting holes at the girl.

 

“Ms. Kim if you keep harassing me, then my lawyers will be in contact.” Jennie was stern, and Chungha felt a cold unpleasant shiver down her spine.

 

After the shorter girl left, Jennie immediately tried to dial her wife.

 

“Rosie pick up pick up pick up.” She bit her lower lip nervously, ignoring the other calls and texts on her phone.

 

“This is Chaeyoung, sorry I couldn’t take your call, leave me a message and I’ll ring you as soon as I can!”

 

Hanging up, Jennie tried Jisoo.

 

“JENNIE!” The girl yelled as soon as she answered the call.

 

“Chu do you know whe…”

 

Jennie felt her blood run cold at what Jisoo just said.

 

“Where is she?!” A frantic and worried Jennie Kim demanded, barging into the emergency room, head going left and right trying to spot..

 

“Jen!” Lisa’s tall figure came into view and Jennie went to her right away.

 

“What happened to her?” Jennie went to Chaeyoung’s side right away, holding onto her hand.

 

“I found her passed out in the studio.”

 

“Who are you?” Jennie glared at the other woman on the other side of Chaeyoung.

 

“I’m Hyeri...I work with Chaeng.”

 

“She never mentioned you before.” Jennie glared at the woman, her eyes trailing down at Hyeri’s hands that were holding her Rosie’s other hand tightly. Fortunately, before any blood was drawn...the certain someone that worked herself to exhaustion finally began to stir.

 

“What happened?” Chaeyoung stirred, mind a bit hazy.

 

“Chae.” Hyeri immediately cupped the girl’s cheeks checking to see if she’s okay.

 

“Excuse me.” Jennie cleared , the eye daggers she’s been giving Hyeri getting sharper, a perfectly sculpted eyebrow raised.

 

“Hi Love.” Chaeyoung’s eyes moved to Jennie.

 

“Can you guys give us a moment please.” Jennie asked everyone to leave. Jisoo and Lisa compiling right away, the two know better than to mess with Jennie’s green monster.

 

“Let’s go unnie, we can grab some dinner.” Jisoo tapped Hyeri’s shoulder who agreed.

 

Once the two were alone in the room, Jennie’s murderous look was now set on Chaeyoung who was looking at her wife, slightly terrified.. Indicated perfectly by her increasing heart rate on the monitor.

 

“Is something wrong?” Chaeyoung asked, trying to read Jennie’s expression..something she seems to be doing more lately.

 

“You never mentioned her before.”

 

“Oh Hyeri.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, a sudden memory of a clumsy new producer entering her studio all flustered coming to mind, “It’s been like a month...you were busy in Milan and we haven’t really had a chance to catch up...you’ve also been busy with that new partner..uh Ms. Kim right?” Chaeyoung explained.

 

“I see.” Jennie nodded, she really didn’t have a rebuttal, because she knew Chaeyoung was telling the truth. Sitting down at the edge of the bed, Jennie reached out to grab Chaeyoung’s hand...her mind going back to her nightmare..what Chaeyoung told her in her dream.

 

“The worst thing about all of this was you looking at me with no love in your eyes. Even before I found out...I saw how the way you looked at me changed.”

 

“Are we okay?” Jennie couldn’t help but ask. She knows it’s not the best place to talk about this..but that nightmare really shook her up...it was like seeing the future. A scary one.

 

“Are we..okay?” Chaeyoung repeated the question, her voice soft as she replied, “Are we?”

 

The question hung in the air...suddenly the two realizing how distant they’ve been. Jennie looked at her wife, she noticed how Chaeyoung’s usual fluffy cheeks were almost nonexistent..her jawline looking sharper..and her hair..Jennie didn’t even realize her wife dyed her hair from dark brown to blonde.

“You dyed your hair again.” Jennie commented, reaching out to grab a strand.

 

“Yeah...I don’t know..I wanted to be blonde for once.” Chaeyoung laughed lightly, realizing this is the first time she’s seen Jennie and talked to her in 2 weeks...the two seem to always miss each other these days. Either Jennie is out of the country or city for business or Chaeyoung is cooping herself up in the studio. “I’m sorry if I worried you, for making you rush here for nothing..” Chaeyoung spoke,looking down and twiddling with her fingers.

 

“I was worried...it’s not an “if”...I was..I am..and this isn’t nothing. If it involves you, I’ll always make a big deal out of it.”

 

“Hmm.” Chaeyoung nodded, her gaze still cast down.

 

“Can you please..look at me?” Jennie asked, placing a hand over Chaeyoung’s.

 

“Hi.” Jennie smiled, after seeing Chaeyoung’s brown eyes gazing into her’s, looking at her softly.

 

“We have a lot to talk about don’t we.” Chaeyoung gave a small smile.

 

“Yeah...we do.” Jennie admitted, “but let’s get you all healthy first okay? No more working yourself to exhaustion with that Hyeri girl in the studio.” Jennie couldn’t help the green monster from coming back.

 

“Okay.” Chaeyoung nodded, a feeling of unknown relief washing over her.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Should I start or?” Chaeyoung voiced out, the two cuddled in bed, finally having that talk.

 

“No..I will.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“I had a dream, well more of a nightmare..it was so vivid..and it felt like it all actually happened.” Jennie began, subconsciously playing with the ring on Chaeyoung’s left hand, “In it..something happened. It was my fault and it was really bad Rosie..like.bad…” Jennie trailed off.pausing a bit to recompose herself, “I cheated on you..in the dream, with Chungha..my new business partner..”

 

Chaeyoung, who was listening carefully while playing with Jennie’s hair, stopped her ministrations at the revelation.

 

“And then you found out...protecting me even when you left me..but then the truth came out and...we saw each other again and then you..the way your eyes looked at me before I woke up..I..you have to promise me you’ll never have that look in your eyes ever.” Jennie teared up, burying herself into the blonde even more.

 

“Baby…” Chaeyoung held her wife closer, trying to formulate words.

 

“Promise me first.” Jennie demanded, gripping onto Chaeyoung's shirt tightly.

 

“Okay..I promise.” Chaeyoung agreed, feeling that Jennie still had more to say.

 

“I was panicked when I woke up from that nightmare….and then she had to show up. I shooed her right away and told her never to bother me again, because she has been very flirty and vocal about her feelings. But I promise you Rosie, I have been making myself clear each time. Anyways, after that I tried to call but you weren’t answering and then Chu told me you were rushed to the ER and..a part of me was relieved that it really was all just a nightmare...but then seeing you...it made me realize how distant with been...like when was the last time we had a chance to just cuddle like this...and I just...I can lose it all..but I can’t lose you.”

 

“So you noticed it too.” Chaeyoung voiced out after Jennie’s ramble, “That we’ve kind of drifted apart for a bit there. Actually, I too realized it that day, when I was in the hospital, just how distant we’ve gotten. And when you asked if we were okay, it scared me how I couldn’t say yes or jokingly say no. It scared me not to have an answer.”

 

“But?”

 

“But even though we’re like this right now...I’ll still hold on. I think talking about it like this is good for us. We both have such busy careers...and I admit, I’ve been neglecting you as well..not making time for you or for us..I love you Jennie Kim, so much that I won’t give up without a fight.”

 

“I love you too...we’ll be okay right?” Jennie asked.

 

“Of course love.” Chaeyoung reassured, placing a lingering kiss on the top of Jennie’s head.

 

They aren’t okay right now, they both know that...but they also don’t want to let go without even putting up a fight.

 

~ ~ ~

A/N: Not gonna lie this was supposed to be like suuppper angsty, with Chaeyoung just leaving Jennie...BUT I watched light up the sky last night and I got all soft and I was like no no, no sad endings today! So here we are.

 

Let me know your thoughts below. Also...keep scrolling for a surprise :)

















































 

~ BONUS ~

 

“Oh it’s the Kims. What can I get you?” Dara smiled, while Jennie and Chaeyoung walked into the cafe, arms linked, Jennie resting a head on Chaeyoung’s shoulder as they made their way to their usual spot.

 

“The usual please.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Of course Chae.”

 

“So how’s the studio.” Jennie asked after Dara placed their usual order on the table.

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t help the wide grin on her face knowing exactly what her wife was specifically asking about, but pretending otherwise, “Great, really good. I’ll actually be heading there after this. Got some last minute details and whatnot.”

 

“Kim Chaeyoung I swear if I get a call about you spending long hours at the studio with that..”

 

“I’m just kidding love.” Chaeyoung chuckled, “I’ll head home after dropping you off.”

 

“Hmmmm..” Jennie squinted her eyes at her girl, before a wide gummy smile appeared on her face, “How about you come with me instead? We can extend a few days..spend some time away from work and everyone.” Jennie suggested.

 

“I don’t know...I’d feel bad for Hyeri and Ryujin..” Chaeyoung pretended to think about it.

 

“Don’t worry about them. Ryujin can handle things..plus it’s not like you haven’t worked remotely if you really needed to.” Jennie gave her that puppy dog face, and it took every ounce of willpower in Chaeyoung not to break out of her act.

 

“Yes but Hyeri needs..”

 

“Are you seriously going to pick her over me? Your wife?” Jennie huffed, arms crossed.

 

“Alright alright, I’m just teasing..I’ll come with you. I think it would be nice to spend some time together.” Chaeyoung broke away from character earning a huge smile from her possessive wife.

 

“Perfect, I’ll get someone to buy you some clothes so we don’t have to go back and pack..hmm let me get Sana to book your ticket as well.” Jennie excitedly smiled, texting her secretary right away.

 

~ ~

 

“Is it just me or are those two like even more sickeningly sweet. Like more than they were in uni if that’s even possible.” Yeri asked the group, as she and the others watched as Chaeyoung and Jennie were walking towards them. The two again late for breakfast.

 

Chaeyoung, Jennie, and the rest of the girls are currently in Greece for vacation. At first everyone wanted to go to New Zealand, but Jennie was super against it. Offering to get a private jet to anywhere else the girls wanted to go to as long as it’s not New Zealand.

 

“I don’t know, but they were kind of weird for a minute there. Like Jen was always out of the city and Chaeng was at the studio for like days sometimes.” Irene voiced out.

 

“You noticed that too?” Suzy nodded in agreement.

 

“Well, whatever it is...it seems they figured it out.” Joy pipped in.

 

“Yep...but oof...that looks like trouble.” Seulgi motioned towards the two with her chin, and the entire table watched.

 

She was taller than Jennie, her hair brown, tanned skin. Very beautiful.

 

“Roseanne Park?” The girl looked at Chaeyoung, who frowned for a bit, racking her brain at who this girl could be….she looked so familiar…

 

“Omg Jenjen?!” Chaeyoung finally made a realization, and Jennie whipped her head towards her wife glaring as Chaeyoung let her arm go and hugged this “Jenjen.”

 

“It’s been so long! What are you doing here?” Chaeyoung pulled back, her arms still somewhat around the other and vice versa.

 

“Vacation with some friends. How about you? Gosh it’s been like years was it secondary school when you moved to Korea?”

 

“Yeah yeah, man it’s been decades now.”

 

“Oh god Rosie don’t say it like that, makes us seem so old. We’re just in our 30s.” The girl laughed lightly.

 

“I guess.” Chaeyoung laughed along, and Jennie really was not having it at this point. Clearing loudly, she pulled Chaeyoung by the back of her shirt, making the blonde stumble back a bit, “Oh Jenjen, meet my wife Jennie. Love this was my childhood best friend Jennifer, but I call her jenjen.”

 

“Hi it’s nice to meet you.” Jennifer put a hand out, which Jennie politely shook.

 

“Pleasure.” Jennie replied, with her professional tone.

 

“Anyways, Rosie. I would love to catch-up before I leave. Here just type in your number. Maybe I can even visit you in Korea, if you’re still there.” Jennifer turned her attention back on the blonde.

 

“Oh yeah def. Let’s have dinner or something.” Chaeyoung beamed, excited to catch-up with her childhood best friend.

 

“Okay I’ll give you a ring then. I better go. It was nice to see you again Rosie and to meet your wife as well.” Jennifer gave the blonde one last hug before leaving the two.

 

“Let’s g….uhh Wifey is something wrong?” Chaeyoung tilted her head cutely, trying to figure out why her wife’s expression was so dark.

 

“She called you Rosie.” Jennie huffed.

 

“Yeah..”

 

“And her name is Jennifer..”

 

“Yes..”

 

“Do you have a thing with girls with J E N N I in their names?” She crossed her arms.

 

“What? Oh my gosh babe.” Chaeyoung chuckled, understanding what was going on.

 

“I’m just saying. And what kind of nickname is Jenjen.” Jennie rolled her eyes.

 

“Okay okay stop being jealous.” Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around Jennie’s waist,

“Jenjen is just a friend and judging from the engagement ring on her finger I’m assuming she’s very much taken.”

 

“She still calls you Rosie...only I call you Rosie..that’s mine.” Jennie was still huffing, arms still crossed.

 

“Yes yes Rosie is yours.” Chaeyoung cooed, leveling her face with Jennie’s, stealing a kiss.

 

“Rosie!” Jennie whined, her face flushed.

 

“What? You’re being too adorable right now.” Chaeyoung replied, batting her eyes innocently.

 

“Just remind your jenjen to call you Chaeyoung instead.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” Chaeyoung saluted, “Now, can we please meet up with our friends? I’m sure Irene is keeping them all from eating again.”

 

“Jeez took you guys long enough, thought you guys ate without us.” Lisa teased as the two sat in their seats.

 

“Lili!” Jennie glared at her best friend.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/N pt 2: Alright just a little bit of cute fluffy cause soft hours only after the documentary.

 

Bye!